Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How to piss off a Libertarian

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.
2. Ask them how and why what the government does is bad, you'll just get "because...TEH GUBBMINT!!", with no real logical answer backed up with facts.
3. Remind them that public roads is socialism, and using them makes you a socialist. The Libertarian response would be "THE GOVERNMENT IS A MONOPOLY, I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!111" (this remark will make them go apeshit!)
4. Also bring up that public schools are funded by the government; you see, every Losertarian went to a public school but yet they call for abolishing public schools, which is where over 9000% of them all went!
5. Remind them that Ron Paul can never become President because he's a 9/11 truther.
6. Most Libertarians are young, uneducated college dropouts that work minimum wage jobs; ask them about minimum wage, and if they are willing to get paid $1.00 /hr - the typical Losertarian response would be "*cricket*............................*cricket*"
7. Troll Ron Paul forums, call for major foreign intervention and military bases everywhere.
8. Call them conspiracy theorist. Libertards hate that!
9. Tell them that Thomas Jefferson (Libertarians' favorite person), said good things about the Illuminati and supported Adam Weishaupt ZIONIST JESUIT VATICAN NWO!!1.
10. Ask them, WHY U HATE 'MURKA?
11. Since they hate the government, ask them how they feel about pedo laws - Libertarians' obviously being for free choice/free will, they will most likely go around your question and say "I DON'T SUPPORT SEX WITH MINORS!!1, but not answer your question. If they say yes on keeping it illegal, they are COMMIE BASTARDS, if they say no - tehy are 50 year old closet pedos!1.
12. Suggest the PATRIOT ACT is constitutional.
13. Agree with any form of taxation.
14. If they try a motto like "Taxation without representation!", ask them if they live in Washington, DC, Puerto Rico, or any US outlying territory. If they say no, then point out that there's a reason they're called "State representatives".
15. Make up elaborate lies about how government interference is directly correlated with general happiness and coke supply, forcing them to do actual work to prove you wrong.
16. Espouse the virtues of eugenics and see how many "freedom-lovers" actually agree with you.
17. Create a thread titled "DATING TIPS," pretend to be an athletic, attractive, emotionally-sensitive Libertarian with good job security, post a sob-story about not being able to get a girlfriend and watch it grow to over 9000 pages about the na"vet" of women and how Libertarians are better lovers.
18. Remind them the Internet was invented by the government.
19. Ask them to explain the Electoral College in their own words. If they start talking about the voting process, point out that republics don't have a voting system.
20. Be a minority (specifically a woman)... unless you are using a Facebook sockpuppet account, in which case, make her very hot.
21. Tell them Ron Paul is a racist and is supported by the KKK.
22. Ask them to name a single Libertarian community that worked in the real-world. If they mention WW2 Catalonia, add on "in the long term" and "those were communes and refugee camps, you fucktard".
23. Mention government or 'socialistic' successes and private sector endeavors failures.
24. Show them Riki-Oh to demonstrate why privatizing prisons would be a bad idea.
25. Praise the Labor Theory of Value.
26. Tell them that libertarianism is anarchy for rich people (because it's true, lol)
27. Say FDR and Abraham Lincoln were the best US presidents.
28. Point out the fact libertarianism is just a type of conservatism
29. Ask them why they hate the 16th amendment when they claim to love the Constitution
30. Spout conspiracy theories about how Ayn Rand was a soviet double agent or how Thomas Jefferson was trolling when he wrote the Declaration of Independence. This should actually be pretty easy, as libertarians are known to take to conspiracies faster than MCR to a cock.
31. Tell them that Ben Franklin used state money to fund a hospital.
32. Tell them you're voting for Bob Barr.
33. Link them to this.
34. Treat Libertarianism and Objectivism as synonyms (because they are, lol)
35. Point out that the Green Party supports pot legalization, too
36. Use Bioshock as an example of why a Libertarian society can never exist (be careful, some of them are stupid enough to think Rapture was a utopia)
37. Ask them what they think of monopolies and trustbusting.
38. Ask them how old they were when they became a Libertarian. 99% of the time they will have been under 16. Then say they were too young to understand politics.
39. Tell them that Somalia seems like a nice libertarian haven.
40. Point out that the news and media are businesses and see how many "Defenders of Liberty" want the government to close those down they disagree with.
41. Say anything positive about the police.
42. Comment that Dennis Kucinich is the Ron Paul of the left.
43. Tell them you are a left-libertarian. Be sure to back this up by being liberal on any social issue.
44. Point out that the only way to stop oppression without government interference is through community organizing.
45. Run for president as a Republican, don't stfu about how terrible federal bans are...and then vote for federal bans.
46. Tell married libertarians that if they want the federal government out of their business, they should get a divorce and live in sin.
47. Mention how much it upsets you that Glenn Beck Raped And Murdered A Young Girl In 1990.
48. Explain to them how large companies always end up using or creating government in order to enforce a monopoly and that a free market can't exist if there's a coerced monopoly.
49. Ask them how they, a redneck living in his mother's basement with no experience in law (other than getting arrested for illegal firearms possession), know more about the Constitution than law school graduates and a constitutional scholar.
50. Ask what they think about the WBC and the state laws preventing them from protesting funerals. This will trick them into not only saying that they support the evil gubment, which should always be wrong, but that they're against freedom of speech which is in the ZOMG CUNTSTITTOOSHUN!!!!11
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:03:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
favorited
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:28:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

Libertarians are the most anti-racist, the philosophy opposes all groups and all forms of collectivism. Race is the opposite of individualism. The Liberal Left are the pro-Planned Parenthood, eugenicist racists who have minorities get the most abortions.

2. Ask them how and why what the government does is bad, you'll just get "because...TEH GUBBMINT!!", with no real logical answer backed up with facts.

Government is not bad. As George Washington said, "Like fire, government is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

Plus, "government" is a vague term. Most Libertarians are pro-local and state government, but are more critical of the centralized Federal government.


3. Remind them that public roads is socialism, and using them makes you a socialist. The Libertarian response would be "THE GOVERNMENT IS A MONOPOLY, I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!111" (this remark will make them go apeshit!)

I like public roads. I agree with Chomsky's critique of Rothbards "private road" philosophy.

4. Also bring up that public schools are funded by the government; you see, every Losertarian went to a public school but yet they call for abolishing public schools, which is where over 9000% of them all went!

I attended private school for the majority of my schooling. Private school was superior. And growing up poor, my parent still could afford it.

5. Remind them that Ron Paul can never become President because he's a 9/11 truther.

Rand Paul 2016.

6. Most Libertarians are young, uneducated college dropouts that work minimum wage jobs; ask them about minimum wage, and if they are willing to get paid $1.00 /hr - the typical Losertarian response would be "*cricket*............................*cricket*"

Highly educated, high wages, especially for my age. I think all the people who are jobless would certainly prefer $5 an hour to $0 an hour. Just a guess.

8. Call them conspiracy theorist. Libertards hate that!

I don't really care. It's not really an insulting term, but society has given it a negative stigma. "Critical thinker" would be a more accurate term.

9. Tell them that Thomas Jefferson (Libertarians' favorite person), said good things about the Illuminati and supported Adam Weishaupt ZIONIST JESUIT VATICAN NWO!!1.

I see no evidence of that. His buddy George Washington was a Freemason who was very anti-Illuminati and was opposed to the Illuminati's infiltration of the U.S.

See George Washingtons letter from the Library of Congresss here: http://consciouslifenews.com...


10. Ask them, WHY U HATE 'MURKA?

Dumb question.

11. Since they hate the government, ask them how they feel about pedo laws - Libertarians' obviously being for free choice/free will, they will most likely go around your question and say "I DON'T SUPPORT SEX WITH MINORS!!1, but not answer your question. If they say yes on keeping it illegal, they are COMMIE BASTARDS, if they say no - tehy are 50 year old closet pedos!1.

If the laws are Constitutional, they're ok. People above the age of consent should not be seducing those below the age of consent. What the age of consent should be is debatable.

12. Suggest the PATRIOT ACT is constitutional.

It's not.

13. Agree with any form of taxation.

Some taxation is fine. But not the Income tax. National consumption tax is the most reasonable.

16. Espouse the virtues of eugenics and see how many "freedom-lovers" actually agree with you.

Eugenics is not virtuous.

18. Remind them the Internet was invented by the government.

Not quite. Credit can be given to both the government and the private sector.

19. Ask them to explain the Electoral College in their own words. If they start talking about the voting process, point out that republics don't have a voting system.

Although the idea of a nations politics being decided by the ignorant masses is objectionable, the only practical and fair way is to let everyone vote and represent themselves.

20. Be a minority (specifically a woman)... unless you are using a Facebook sockpuppet account, in which case, make her very hot.

Libertarians are not against minorities. In fact, many minorities are Libertarian.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:47:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 12:28:45 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

Libertarians are the most anti-racist, the philosophy opposes all groups and all forms of collectivism. Race is the opposite of individualism. The Liberal Left are the pro-Planned Parenthood, eugenicist racists who have minorities get the most abortions.

LOL

You know that Alex Jones is not the sole disseminator of information in the world, right?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:50:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
21. Tell them Ron Paul is a racist and is supported by the KKK.

Not true and not true.

22. Ask them to name a single Libertarian community that worked in the real-world. If they mention WW2 Catalonia, add on "in the long term" and "those were communes and refugee camps, you fucktard".

Hong Kong.

24. Show them Riki-Oh to demonstrate why privatizing prisons would be a bad idea.

Privatized prisons are a bad idea.

25. Praise the Labor Theory of Value.

Adam Smith supported a Labor Theory of Value.

26. Tell them that libertarianism is anarchy for rich people (because it's true, lol)

False. Libertarianism is personal liberty and responsibility for everyone.

27. Say FDR and Abraham Lincoln were the best US presidents.

Abraham Lincoln isn't as bad as many Libertarians make him out to be. In fact he was very good, but with a few damning faults.

28. Point out the fact libertarianism is just a type of conservatism

False. Although, because today's Liberalism is so collectivist, fascist, anti-wealth, anti-free market, anti-civil liberties, that Conservatives are the only ones accepting of Libertarians anymore.

29. Ask them why they hate the 16th amendment when they claim to love the Constitution

That amendment was imposed onto the Constitution in the 1900s. The Constitution was ratified in the 1700s.

All Libertarians agree that the 18th Amendment prohibition of alcohol is garbage, but still uphold the value of the Constitution as a whole.

30. Spout conspiracy theories about how Ayn Rand was a soviet double agent or how Thomas Jefferson was trolling when he wrote the Declaration of Independence. This should actually be pretty easy, as libertarians are known to take to conspiracies faster than MCR to a cock.

That's asinine.

31. Tell them that Ben Franklin used state money to fund a hospital.

Free market and small business probably hadn't had time to fully cultivate at the time, and thus state money was the only available source to use to make a necessary hospital.

34. Treat Libertarianism and Objectivism as synonyms (because they are, lol)

False.

35. Point out that the Green Party supports pot legalization, too

Ralph Nader is cool.

36. Use Bioshock as an example of why a Libertarian society can never exist (be careful, some of them are stupid enough to think Rapture was a utopia)

Libertarians are against all utopias and attempts to create utopias.

37. Ask them what they think of monopolies and trustbusting.

Crony Capitalism is not Free Market.

38. Ask them how old they were when they became a Libertarian. 99% of the time they will have been under 16. Then say they were too young to understand politics.

Actually, I was a Liberal Democrat in my younger teen years. Became a Libertarian around 20 years old.

39. Tell them that Somalia seems like a nice libertarian haven.

Somalia has improved since the government was disbanded. The chaotic society is not the result of "anarchy," it's the result of societal and environment factors.

40. Point out that the news and media are businesses and see how many "Defenders of Liberty" want the government to close those down they disagree with.

The mainstream media is state-run. CNN whistle-blower journalist reporter Amber Lyon admitted that she was given government propaganda to report that contradicted what she witnessed with her own eyes in Bahrain.

41. Say anything positive about the police.

Police are a good thing in general. But these days, we get a lot of bad police and the police selection process is very suspicious.

42. Comment that Dennis Kucinich is the Ron Paul of the left.

Dennis Kucinich is cool.

43. Tell them you are a left-libertarian. Be sure to back this up by being liberal on any social issue.

That's fine unless you're an actual Liberal fascist who hates freedom and free markets, but wants gay marriage and weed for all.

47. Mention how much it upsets you that Glenn Beck Raped And Murdered A Young Girl In 1990.

Glenn Beck is a degenerate shill with no shame.

48. Explain to them how large companies always end up using or creating government in order to enforce a monopoly.

False.

49. Ask them how they, a redneck living in his mother's basement with no experience in law (other than getting arrested for illegal firearms possession), know more about the Constitution than law school graduates and a constitutional scholar.

False accusation. I work in government and study politics and have a physical copy of the Constitution sitting 3 feet away from me.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:52:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Geo, the fact that you just went through and responded to every little thing WSA posted solidifies his original claim that these things do in fact piss off libertarians.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:55:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 12:52:23 AM, imabench wrote:
Geo, the fact that you just went through and responded to every little thing WSA posted solidifies his original claim that these things do in fact piss off libertarians.....

To me, it depends on one's motives in arguing. If your motive is to convince than hearing these things is probs ultimately infuriating since it basically means you're dealing with someone with the IQ of a shitzu. If your just having a normal conversation without much of a care in the world as to convincing than laughing yourself to death would suffice. In any case I'm not sure if this is satire or not.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:57:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 12:52:23 AM, imabench wrote:
Geo, the fact that you just went through and responded to every little thing WSA posted solidifies his original claim that these things do in fact piss off libertarians.....

Given the fact that these were ways to troll, which means they are meant to illicit rage, why did you respond to it?

It was a trap.
My work here is, finally, done.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 12:59:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 12:52:23 AM, imabench wrote:
Geo, the fact that you just went through and responded to every little thing WSA posted solidifies his original claim that these things do in fact piss off libertarians.....

Response =/= Anger
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:03:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 12:59:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/17/2012 12:52:23 AM, imabench wrote:
Geo, the fact that you just went through and responded to every little thing WSA posted solidifies his original claim that these things do in fact piss off libertarians.....

Response =/= Anger

*facepalm*

Why did you respond to an obvious not serious post made by the most fanatical libertarian on this site?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:08:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:03:53 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 12/17/2012 12:59:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Response =/= Anger

*facepalm*

Why did you respond to an obvious not serious post made by the most fanatical libertarian on this site?

Wallstreetatheist's name indicates that he's anti-Wall Street. That sounds Moderate or Leftist. Also, Imabench took it seriously and favorited it. So even if the OP doesn't believe it, those points are taken seriously by many on the Left and needed to be refuted or addressed.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:11:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 12:03:19 AM, imabench wrote:
favorited

lol, best one word response
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:12:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:03:53 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 12/17/2012 12:59:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/17/2012 12:52:23 AM, imabench wrote:
Geo, the fact that you just went through and responded to every little thing WSA posted solidifies his original claim that these things do in fact piss off libertarians.....

Response =/= Anger

*facepalm*

Why did you respond to an obvious not serious post made by the most fanatical libertarian on this site?

Heil Rothbard!!!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:12:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:08:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:03:53 AM, MouthWash wrote:
At 12/17/2012 12:59:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Response =/= Anger

*facepalm*

Why did you respond to an obvious not serious post made by the most fanatical libertarian on this site?

Wallstreetatheist's name indicates that he's anti-Wall Street. That sounds Moderate or Leftist.

wut
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:12:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

It is a property rights issue...

Aren't you an anarchist capitalist?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:16:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:12:42 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

It is a property rights issue...

I didn't know you were a racist, bro... I'd prefer my coffee served without your hatred of negroes dissolving in it. Man, this trolling guide sure is fun.

Aren't you an anarchist capitalist?

Yep, it's what libertarians become when they level up.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:16:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:12:42 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

It is a property rights issue...

Aren't you an anarchist capitalist?

He was trolling. Be cool fool.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:19:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:16:26 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:12:42 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

It is a property rights issue...

I didn't know you were a racist, bro... I'd prefer my coffee served without your hatred of negroes dissolving in it. Man, this trolling guide sure is fun.

lolz. Strawman, but I know your just trying to get a reaction from me so I'm gonna let it go.

Also, judging from the fact that you are an anarchist capitalist, I'd bet you were also against the Civil Rights Act. Am I right?

Aren't you an anarchist capitalist?

Yep, it's what libertarians become when they level up.

I am certainly interested in it, and I think I will one day end up there. But I just don't know enough about anarchist political theory at this point.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:20:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:16:56 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:12:42 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

It is a property rights issue...

Aren't you an anarchist capitalist?

He was trolling. Be cool fool.

I know. I've seen enough of WSA's post to know he is some sort of anarchist or libertarian.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:21:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:16:56 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:12:42 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You can troll in the following ways:
1. Ask them about the Civil Rights Act, they will go around your question and say its a "Property rights issue", when in fact they are closet racist.

It is a property rights issue...

Aren't you an anarchist capitalist?

He was trolling. Be cool fool.

Dat nigga spinko alwaize got mai bak. *complex gang handshake involving finger dodecahedrons and ostrich egg souffles*
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:28:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:19:50 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Also, judging from the fact that you are an anarchist capitalist, I'd bet you were also against the Civil Rights Act. Am I right?

Yep. I once wrote a student congress speech against it. Voluntary association is preferable to forced association.

I am certainly interested in it, and I think I will one day end up there. But I just don't know enough about anarchist political theory at this point.

Your reasoning has driven you this far to become a Libertarian, now all that's left is to understand about 10 fundamental concepts to completely detach yourself from the myth of minarchy or "limited government." Some people may only assert one fundamental concept: the NAP. But, there are a few more fundamental concepts that all work extraordinarily well together. You'll have a brilliant "a-ha" moment of clarity once you sort it all out in your head.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:33:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:12:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:08:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wallstreetatheist's name indicates that he's anti-Wall Street. That sounds Moderate or Leftist.

wut

He said that his name means that he's an atheist in regards to Wall Street. That sounds anti-Capitalist. Not that I'm pro-Capitalist either, but anti-Captialism tends to be a theme of the Left. Plus, I checked his profile to see if he's Libertarian but he kept his political ideology blank.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:35:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:33:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:12:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:08:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wallstreetatheist's name indicates that he's anti-Wall Street. That sounds Moderate or Leftist.

wut

He said that his name means that he's an atheist in regards to Wall Street. That sounds anti-Capitalist. Not that I'm pro-Capitalist either, but anti-Captialism tends to be a theme of the Left. Plus, I checked his profile to see if he's Libertarian but he kept his political ideology blank.

Have you ever read his posts?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 1:53:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:33:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:12:35 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:08:56 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Wallstreetatheist's name indicates that he's anti-Wall Street. That sounds Moderate or Leftist.

wut

He said that his name means that he's an atheist in regards to Wall Street. That sounds anti-Capitalist. Not that I'm pro-Capitalist either, but anti-Captialism tends to be a theme of the Left. Plus, I checked his profile to see if he's Libertarian but he kept his political ideology blank.

Wall Street isn't some bastion of free market flourishing. If that's what you thought, then you're mistaken. Pro-free market is a better description of what I support, especially around Marxists who have the seeming inability to differentiate anything bad from capitalism.

Here's a pretty decent characterization of Wall Street (which is contemporarily used as a metonym for the financial services industry, especially in NY): Hyperactive, corporatist money managers who make their money off of transaction costs and socialize their losses using their buddies in Washington and at the NY Fed.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 2:06:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 1:28:23 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:19:50 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Also, judging from the fact that you are an anarchist capitalist, I'd bet you were also against the Civil Rights Act. Am I right?

Yep. I once wrote a student congress speech against it. Voluntary association is preferable to forced association.

I am certainly interested in it, and I think I will one day end up there. But I just don't know enough about anarchist political theory at this point.

Your reasoning has driven you this far to become a Libertarian, now all that's left is to understand about 10 fundamental concepts to completely detach yourself from the myth of minarchy or "limited government." Some people may only assert one fundamental concept: the NAP. But, there are a few more fundamental concepts that all work extraordinarily well together. You'll have a brilliant "a-ha" moment of clarity once you sort it all out in your head.

To be honest, I think I already do. But the point is I don't feel comfortable loudly proclaiming to be something or believe something if I don't know enough about it. I I guess you could say I am anarchist-curious.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 2:30:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
47. Mention how much it upsets you that Glenn Beck Raped And Murdered A Young Girl In 1990.

Reminded me of a blog-post I wrote awhile back:
http://freedosphere.wordpress.com...

Oh wow, that was harsh.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 3:03:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 2:06:12 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:28:23 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/17/2012 1:19:50 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Also, judging from the fact that you are an anarchist capitalist, I'd bet you were also against the Civil Rights Act. Am I right?

Yep. I once wrote a student congress speech against it. Voluntary association is preferable to forced association.

I am certainly interested in it, and I think I will one day end up there. But I just don't know enough about anarchist political theory at this point.

Your reasoning has driven you this far to become a Libertarian, now all that's left is to understand about 10 fundamental concepts to completely detach yourself from the myth of minarchy or "limited government." Some people may only assert one fundamental concept: the NAP. But, there are a few more fundamental concepts that all work extraordinarily well together. You'll have a brilliant "a-ha" moment of clarity once you sort it all out in your head.

To be honest, I think I already do. But the point is I don't feel comfortable loudly proclaiming to be something or believe something if I don't know enough about it. I I guess you could say I am anarchist-curious.

lol, that should be a new term
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 3:04:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 3:03:35 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/17/2012 2:06:12 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
To be honest, I think I already do. But the point is I don't feel comfortable loudly proclaiming to be something or believe something if I don't know enough about it. I I guess you could say I am anarchist-curious.

lol, that should be a new term

Neologism*
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2012 3:05:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2012 2:30:32 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 12/16/2012 11:25:08 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
47. Mention how much it upsets you that Glenn Beck Raped And Murdered A Young Girl In 1990.

Reminded me of a blog-post I wrote awhile back:
http://freedosphere.wordpress.com...

Oh wow, that was harsh.

I mean, I am not saying Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, but it's possible.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.