Jump to topic:

whose responsible for the CT shooting?

dawg
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 1:13:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why do we all have to separate ourselves when a tragedy strikes? It seems many are pushing blame around. My Facebook is filled with comments about gun laws to take away rights or to not take away rights. Religious and nonreligious are blaming each other. We are all equally sickened by what happened. I really think we are all upset and traumatized by the fact that this could happen. It is not anyone's fault that was not directly responsible for this occurring. We do have to take responsibility, for our own lives and the lives of our children. The answer to why this happened is because a mentally challenged young man got a hold of a gun and killed innocent people/children. (I could not imagine a worst scenario) Questions need to be answered, how this man got a gun? No unstable individual needs to be in contact with a real gun. (Responsible gun owners should know this) It was obvious this man was not stable. Mistakes were made; people need to be more educated about mental disorders. This boy was setting himself on fire and could not feel pain. You can"t expect a person that can"t feel pain to understand it. He didn"t like to be touched one that can"t feel love or compassion cannot be expected to know it. I really think what we need to be talking about is gun safety and education for the public is the first place to start. I don't mind a school principal carrying a gun, as long as it stays holstered and they have been psychologically evaluated (yearly).... metal detectors are good too. The teachers carrying guns is an overreaction and just way to many guns honestly. (Taking everyone"s gun rights away is an overreaction as well, and unarming the innocent) Why do we have to separate and nothing gets done, and if something does it leaves one side feeling unheard or hardened by what has happened?
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 1:35:44 PM
Agreed... Its a horrible thing that happened and people need to shut up about being right and take a step back and look around, open their ears mind you. It looks like a bunch of dogs ripping at each other.
Me
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 1:49:55 PM
Last week I caught the end of a show on NPR, in which this author was talking about the effects on the mind from modern electronic communication. I wish I caught the whole show... in the part I heard, she was describing the quick decisions we are used to making nowadays. Basically, we make the decision to communicate, and our mind forms neural pathways to that effect. Our constant quick, incomplete, and probably most importantly petty form of communication forms less useful neurological nets.

So what's the opposite of quick, incomplete, and petty? An intimate conversation. We are assimilating this incredible impetuousness into our personalities through phone and especially sms communication. Real communication is a complex weave of, in order of importance,
1) Body language. She was discussing the death of the hug at one point, describing how there is an innate trust built by exposing your vital organs to another person. Without this social gesture, building security is impossible. How many times do you think that gunman was given a hug in the last few years? We are a society that would rather not pass each other on the sidewalk because our "bubbles" are growing and we feel less social security.

2) Tone of voice. This isn't totally destroyed over the phone but it is diminished, and obviously nonexistent in text.

3) Message content. The remaining 10% of a message is the content.

Our communication is becoming more and more constrained to leave out the most important aspects of our message. This is in turn hurting our trust in others and this lack of trust triggers these gestapo measures which in turn breed hatred for authority and society in general. The worst part about this episode may come later through our response.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 1:56:39 PM
I don't want to place blame on anyone. However I would like some facts.

I saw a youtube video of an officer telling us that we can not post anything on social networks without it being considered misinformation and punishable by law. He continued further to state that if it isn't from authorities it should not be trusted, and if these authorities don't find the statements as factual there will be persecution.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I'm a realist and I have faith that our majorities would be wise enough to know a debauchery when they see one.
However, the current events leading to stricter gun laws, and this obvious attack on freedom of speech. Among the very real very secretive fema camps , as well as a few other obvious conclusions, it seems to me the US government has been implementing phases of agenda 21.

I would be more than happy to cite sources if anyone needs, but at this moment I am tired and wish to sleep. Feel free to question anything you doubt in what I said, but I promise you that there is no denying the facts.

Happy communicating. My condolences go out to anyone effected by this tragedy.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 2:01:14 PM
At 12/18/2012 1:49:55 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Last week I caught the end of a show on NPR, in which this author was talking about the effects on the mind from modern electronic communication. I wish I caught the whole show... in the part I heard, she was describing the quick decisions we are used to making nowadays. Basically, we make the decision to communicate, and our mind forms neural pathways to that effect. Our constant quick, incomplete, and probably most importantly petty form of communication forms less useful neurological nets.

So what's the opposite of quick, incomplete, and petty? An intimate conversation. We are assimilating this incredible impetuousness into our personalities through phone and especially sms communication. Real communication is a complex weave of, in order of importance,
1) Body language. She was discussing the death of the hug at one point, describing how there is an innate trust built by exposing your vital organs to another person. Without this social gesture, building security is impossible. How many times do you think that gunman was given a hug in the last few years? We are a society that would rather not pass each other on the sidewalk because our "bubbles" are growing and we feel less social security.

2) Tone of voice. This isn't totally destroyed over the phone but it is diminished, and obviously nonexistent in text.

3) Message content. The remaining 10% of a message is the content.

Our communication is becoming more and more constrained to leave out the most important aspects of our message. This is in turn hurting our trust in others and this lack of trust triggers these gestapo measures which in turn breed hatred for authority and society in general. The worst part about this episode may come later through our response.

I like what you have to say. I would also like to add that, in my opinion, writing thoughtfully for others to read and comprehend is as intimate as we can get, aside from telekinesis.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 2:11:25 PM
At 12/18/2012 1:13:14 PM, dawg wrote:
Why do we all have to separate ourselves when a tragedy strikes? It seems many are pushing blame around. My Facebook is filled with comments about gun laws to take away rights or to not take away rights. Religious and nonreligious are blaming each other. We are all equally sickened by what happened. I really think we are all upset and traumatized by the fact that this could happen. It is not anyone's fault that was not directly responsible for this occurring. We do have to take responsibility, for our own lives and the lives of our children. The answer to why this happened is because a mentally challenged young man got a hold of a gun and killed innocent people/children. (I could not imagine a worst scenario) Questions need to be answered, how this man got a gun? No unstable individual needs to be in contact with a real gun. (Responsible gun owners should know this) It was obvious this man was not stable. Mistakes were made; people need to be more educated about mental disorders. This boy was setting himself on fire and could not feel pain. You can"t expect a person that can"t feel pain to understand it. He didn"t like to be touched one that can"t feel love or compassion cannot be expected to know it. I really think what we need to be talking about is gun safety and education for the public is the first place to start. I don't mind a school principal carrying a gun, as long as it stays holstered and they have been psychologically evaluated (yearly).... metal detectors are good too. The teachers carrying guns is an overreaction and just way to many guns honestly. (Taking everyone"s gun rights away is an overreaction as well, and unarming the innocent) Why do we have to separate and nothing gets done, and if something does it leaves one side feeling unheard or hardened by what has happened?

The person who did the crime is responsible.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 2:12:39 PM
At 12/18/2012 1:56:39 PM, pozessed wrote:

I saw a youtube video of an officer telling us that we can not post anything on social networks without it being considered misinformation and punishable by law. He continued further to state that if it isn't from authorities it should not be trusted, and if these authorities don't find the statements as factual there will be persecution.

I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I'm a realist and I have faith that our majorities would be wise enough to know a debauchery when they see one.
However, the current events leading to stricter gun laws, and this obvious attack on freedom of speech. Among the very real very secretive fema camps , as well as a few other obvious conclusions, it seems to me the US government has been implementing phases of agenda 21.

I would be more than happy to cite sources if anyone needs, but at this moment I am tired and wish to sleep. Feel free to question anything you doubt in what I said, but I promise you that there is no denying the facts.

Conspiracy theory skeptics are people who have not been exposed to a certain segment of reality and do not have information which exceeds doubt.
I believe you to have a very small mind, and you are in for a very rude awakening soon.........
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 2:15:53 PM
At 12/18/2012 2:11:25 PM, inferno wrote:

So If I give an MR person a gun they are responsible for any crime that is commented?
Me
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 2:38:58 PM
At 12/18/2012 2:15:53 PM, yoda878 wrote:

So If I give an MR person a gun they are responsible for any crime that is commented?

Yes. The gun cannot shoot itself.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 2:46:08 PM
At 12/18/2012 2:38:58 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/18/2012 2:15:53 PM, yoda878 wrote:

Yes. The gun cannot shoot itself.

Interesting I would say that it was my fault for giving it to him. That is really a dumb a$$ move.
Me
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 7:54:57 PM
At 12/18/2012 2:12:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 12/18/2012 1:56:39 PM, pozessed wrote:

Conspiracy theory skeptics are people who have not been exposed to a certain segment of reality and do not have information which exceeds doubt.
I believe you to have a very small mind, and you are in for a very rude awakening soon.........

Are you saying I have a small mind for being a skeptic?
TheTraditionalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:04:54 PM
I believe that this is the fault of the American Liberal. If the students and staff were able to possess and conceal weapons this whole tragedy could have been avoided.
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:08:45 PM

Because the politicians have their own agendas, and as the saying goes (dubbed by Rahm Emanuel I believe) "Never let a crisis go to waste". On top of that, most of America is uneducated, and simply follow their politcal party blindly, without thinking. None are willing to compromise or discuss the issue, they simply want to further their agenda. Most Americans don't seem to know why they believe what they believe, they just repeat talking points of their political party. And so, nothing positive will be done. Plain and simple.

No politician (in Washington anyway), with maybe very few exceptions, really gives a sh*t about the shooting. This is a crisis, and they won't let it go to waste.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:09:56 PM
At 12/18/2012 8:04:54 PM, TheTraditionalist wrote:
I believe that this is the fault of the American Liberal. If the students and staff were able to possess and conceal weapons this whole tragedy could have been avoided.

That's stretching it. Staff? Maybe. Students? No way in fvcking hell.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:26:07 PM
At 12/18/2012 1:35:44 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Agreed... Its a horrible thing that happened and people need to shut up about being right and take a step back and look around, open their ears mind you. It looks like a bunch of dogs ripping at each other.

How come you didn't "take a step back" during Obamas slaughter of 14,000 children in the Middle East by drone strike bombings that devastated families?

Why is everyone horrified by Connecticut and not all the thousands of children death over seas and at home?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TheTraditionalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:30:36 PM
At 12/18/2012 8:09:56 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

I was only about 11 when my dad got me my first rifle. If parents teach their kids how to respect their firearms, then allowing students and staff to conceal weapons would make schools a lot safer. Plus it would help curb the problems we have been having with bullying and teachers abusing kids.

I also think that this is about the moral failings of our school system; we need to bring Christ back into the school system.
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:36:09 PM
At 12/18/2012 8:30:36 PM, TheTraditionalist wrote:

I was only about 11 when my dad got me my first rifle. If parents teach their kids how to respect their firearms, then allowing students and staff to conceal weapons would make schools a lot safer. Plus it would help curb the problems we have been having with bullying and teachers abusing kids.

I also think that this is about the moral failings of our school system; we need to bring Christ back into the school system.

We're not a Christian nation bro. I'm not at all anti religion or anti Christian, but there's legal barriers keeping this from happening. How about the parents actually do their job and teach their kids how to be good decent people, and get them mental help when needed.

That, and get rid of these fvcking stupid "no tolerance policy" schools have on violence. Let the bullies and the bullied slug it out like they used to. It might actually solve some of the bullying problems, which would solve some of the student mental health problems as well.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
TheTraditionalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 8:54:12 PM
At 12/18/2012 8:36:09 PM, EvanK wrote:

We're not a Christian nation bro. I'm not at all anti religion or anti Christian, but there's legal barriers keeping this from happening. How about the parents actually do their job and teach their kids how to be good decent people, and get them mental help when needed.

That, and get rid of these fvcking stupid "no tolerance policy" schools have on violence. Let the bullies and the bullied slug it out like they used to. It might actually solve some of the bullying problems, which would solve some of the student mental health problems as well.

That 1st amendment was only supposed to apply to the federal government, and it only says that the congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion. It should be allowed on the state level, and on the federal level via executive order.
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 9:13:00 PM
At 12/18/2012 8:54:12 PM, TheTraditionalist wrote:

That 1st amendment was only supposed to apply to the federal government, and it only says that the congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion. It should be allowed on the state level, and on the federal level via executive order.

I have no problem with public display of religion. Christmas trees, nativities, etc, I don't mind, actually, I really like it. However, requiring religion, specifically Christianity, in school is unconstitutional. Again, it is the parents' job, not the school's, to raise good children. What's going to stop a city from requiring Islam or Judaism or Hinduism, etc in school? Would you stand for that? Again, we're not a Christian Nation.

TheTraditionalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 9:33:58 PM
At 12/18/2012 9:13:00 PM, EvanK wrote:

I have no problem with public display of religion. Christmas trees, nativities, etc, I don't mind, actually, I really like it. However, requiring religion, specifically Christianity, in school is unconstitutional. Again, it is the parents' job, not the school's, to raise good children. What's going to stop a city from requiring Islam or Judaism or Hinduism, etc in school? Would you stand for that? Again, we're not a Christian Nation.

if that city doesn't want their kids learning the religion of prosperity, i say allow them to teach their kids barbarian cultist bs like islam and hinduism. just dont let em rear their heads in the bible belt.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2012 9:55:57 PM
At 12/18/2012 9:33:58 PM, TheTraditionalist wrote:

if that city doesn't want their kids learning the religion of prosperity, i say allow them to teach their kids barbarian cultist bs like islam and hinduism. just dont let em rear their heads in the bible belt.

Can you really with a straight face tell people that Hinduism is more barbaric than Christianity? LOL. I mean... come on... Hinduism is at least one of the more reasonable and less dogmatic religions.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
TheTraditionalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 12:29:13 AM
At 12/18/2012 9:55:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Can you really with a straight face tell people that Hinduism is more barbaric than Christianity? LOL. I mean... come on... Hinduism is at least one of the more reasonable and less dogmatic religions.

Your fail level is over 9000! http://www.worldwatchmonitor.org...
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:19:45 AM
At 12/18/2012 8:26:07 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/18/2012 1:35:44 PM, yoda878 wrote:

How come you didn't "take a step back" during Obamas slaughter of 14,000 children in the Middle East by drone strike bombings that devastated families?

Why is everyone horrified by Connecticut and not all the thousands of children death over seas and at home?

well this chick thinks that our government did this shooting as well... form the looks of it she does have some evidence.
http://shortlittlerebel.wordpress.com...
Me
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 7:11:40 PM

What if they did? Don't they have as much of a right as you do? Or do Christians have special privileges? Again, the lack of God or Christianity in school was not the cause of the shooting, nor the cause of other mass shootings. Horrendous acts such as the CT shooting have been taking place since the beginning of mankind. Christianity in schools won't stop it. Better parenting will.