Jump to topic:

Barrack Ryan

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:09:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The worst part is that conservatives will then try to paint him as intransigent and partisan. From day 1 he made many bipartisan efforts. Criticize him all you want, but at least don't lie.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 9:28:46 PM
At 12/19/2012 9:09:57 PM, 000ike wrote:
The worst part is that conservatives will then try to paint him as intransigent and partisan. From day 1 he made many bipartisan efforts. Criticize him all you want, but at least don't lie.

He's done nothing but attempt to compromise. That's why a lot of liberals hate him.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:03:30 PM
Well, this is a step in the right direction. Making SS into a more "welfarey" sounding program (this cut excludes lower income recipients, meaning it's effectively means tested) makes getting rid of it easier.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 5:30:45 AM
At 12/19/2012 10:03:30 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Well, this is a step in the right direction. Making SS into a more "welfarey" sounding program (this cut excludes lower income recipients, meaning it's effectively means tested) makes getting rid of it easier.

That's ridiculous . . . How will the elderly survive?

Ugh, if I decide to have children, I'm going to make them sign contracts that state that every dollar I spend on them must be spent on me when I am in retirement just in case the libertarians win and safety nets are abolished.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 7:05:01 AM
At 12/20/2012 5:31:01 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
See, I already feel horrible for even thinking that. :(

Maybe just love them, and they'll(probably) love you back enough to take care of you?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 7:54:57 AM
At 12/20/2012 5:30:45 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Ugh, if I decide to have children, I'm going to make them sign contracts that state that every dollar I spend on them must be spent on me when I am in retirement just in case the libertarians win and safety nets are abolished.

Well. It is a terrible idea, but everything is one the table, unfortunately.
However, on the bright side, people should be delighted to see John Boehner as the negotiator. Things would become a lot worse if Newt Gingrich was the Speaker of the House.
http://www.humanevents.com...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:02:58 AM
At 12/20/2012 7:05:01 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Maybe just love them, and they'll(probably) love you back enough to take care of you?

"Love" is a tool of the patriarchy used to oppress women into looking after their children, not getting jobs and thus not threatening the male establishment.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:03:19 AM
At 12/20/2012 9:02:58 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 12/20/2012 7:05:01 AM, OberHerr wrote:

"Love" is a tool of the patriarchy used to oppress women into looking after their children, not getting jobs and thus not threatening the male establishment.

I'm a communist now by the way.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:17:50 AM
At 12/19/2012 9:06:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Obama slashes social security and Nancy Pelosi argues in favor of the cuts :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thanks for posting. I have to admit I'm a little nervous with the government being able to replace a product for purposes of calculating %. It make perfect sense until some guy with who has one of those eco-living, solar, rain capture, non flush toilet, houses built out of rubber tires, gets to decide that grasshoppers are a suitable replacement for chicken.

Dear government,

I have paid a lot of money in SS over the years, please don't make me eat grasshoppers because I can't afford chicken.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:19:52 AM
At 12/20/2012 9:17:50 AM, slo1 wrote:
At 12/19/2012 9:06:58 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Obama slashes social security and Nancy Pelosi argues in favor of the cuts :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thanks for posting. I have to admit I'm a little nervous with the government being able to replace a product for purposes of calculating %. It make perfect sense until some guy with who has one of those eco-living, solar, rain capture, non flush toilet, houses built out of rubber tires, gets to decide that grasshoppers are a suitable replacement for chicken.

Dear government,

I have paid a lot of money in SS over the years, please don't make me eat grasshoppers because I can't afford chicken.

They actually do taste pretty good with honey. Anyway, down with the right wing facsist obama. He's not even properly black!
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:36:09 AM
This is actually a straight up betrayal of Obama's campaign promises. If the government has to cut things, why do they have to cut the things that help people? Why not the military, torture centers and black sites, etc.? Obama promised that he would raise taxes on people making more than $250,000, and now he's waffling. He said that Social Security would not be slashed by his administration, and now he's lying. It hasn't even been a month since he was reelected and he's gone back to his old ways.

I love how the Republican leaders threatened to tank the economy if he didn't negotiate with them. That should be considered treason, but of course nobody cares about that.

Nancy Pelosi needs someone to challenge her in the primaries.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:57:59 AM
At 12/20/2012 9:36:09 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

I love how the Republican leaders threatened to tank the economy if he didn't negotiate with them. That should be considered treason, but of course nobody cares about that.

Nancy Pelosi needs someone to challenge her in the primaries.

Believe it or not, I wholeheartedly agree with you on both counts. The Republicans are officially nuts and the Dems are officially useless and the middle class is officially screwed.

Nancy Pelosi is the biggest moron ever to enter Washington DC. I'm embarrassed that we elected her so many times. Shows that we really need legislative term limits.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 1:54:51 PM

Work a desk job, or save up money now rather than relying on the nanny being around forever. Or appeal to individual idiots, up to them.

If you MAKE them sign, it's not a contract. If you offer it as an alternative to having them strike out on their own, different story. (though its a foregone conclusion they won't sign until they are literate).

This is actually a straight up betrayal of Obama's campaign promises. If the government has to cut things, why do they have to cut the things that help people? Why not the military, torture centers and black sites, etc.?
Those help people too, just in different ways (they reduce the chances you'll have to learn to speak Chinese and navigate a Chinese bureaucracy, the chances you'll get blown up, they reduce the price of goods shipped across the seas by reducing piracy....)

I love how the Republican leaders threatened to tank the economy if he didn't negotiate with them. That should be considered treason,
The Constitution strictly defines treason.

Ugh, this is so frustrating. This is why we need to abolish the state. We're paying for these morons to destroy us.
Abolition of the state= no more Social Security you know.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 2:59:36 PM

Agreed.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 5:08:22 PM

By not being incompetent YOLOers when they are actually earning money.

Lol. That's why feminazis don't have children.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 8:23:21 PM
"I love this move because it's a step closer to my dream fantasy that will never actually happen" #libertarian #likemyboyragnarrahl