Jump to topic:

Anonymous

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:23:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you think that Anonymous did the "right" thing to the Westboro Baptist Church?

Anonymous has waged war on the Westboro Baptist Church saying "We will render you pbsolete. We will destroy you. We are coming." They hacked the "church" & published all of their personal info (home & cell numbers, home addresses, personal email accounts, you name it). They shut down their website (godhatesfags.com) for a few days & are vowing to take it offline completely. They even were able to get a death certificate for Shirley Phelps, one of the cult leaders, therefore rendering her Social Security number obsolete.

http://www.anonpaste.me...=
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:38:49 PM
No, but I don't feel sorry for the Westboroinaties either, considering all the sh!te they've pulled.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Topiarey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:40:48 PM
Literally no sympathy.
"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end."-Leon Trotsky
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:47:49 PM
I don't feel sympathy, but I don't think they're in the "right". Since when did being offensive warrant having your website hacked and personal information published?
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 10:53:38 PM
At 12/19/2012 10:47:49 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I don't feel sympathy, but I don't think they're in the "right". Since when did being offensive warrant having your website hacked and personal information published?

When you decide that you have the right to force your beliefs down people's throats. Physically and legally.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:40:57 PM
At 12/19/2012 10:23:53 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
Do you think that Anonymous did the "right" thing to the Westboro Baptist Church?

Anonymous has waged war on the Westboro Baptist Church saying "We will render you pbsolete. We will destroy you. We are coming." They hacked the "church" & published all of their personal info (home & cell numbers, home addresses, personal email accounts, you name it). They shut down their website (godhatesfags.com) for a few days & are vowing to take it offline completely. They even were able to get a death certificate for Shirley Phelps, one of the cult leaders, therefore rendering her Social Security number obsolete.

hmmm.... well, considering it is pretty vengeful and violating, it's may not be "the right thing" to do. But do I feel bad for them? Nah. Would I have done it given the chance? Probably. fvck em.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:45:44 PM
Two wongs don't make a fvcking right.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:46:05 PM
At 12/19/2012 11:45:44 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Two wrongs don't make a fvcking right.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:46:21 PM
At 12/19/2012 10:53:38 PM, THEBOMB wrote:

When you decide that you have the right to force your beliefs down people's throats. Physically and legally.

How have they been physically and legally aggressing against people?
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:47:54 PM

^ This
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2012 11:51:01 PM
Even if I didn't agree with them, I wouldn't speak out against Anon. Pretty sure they hacked that mouthwash debate.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 12:00:12 AM

Like Occupy Wall Street?
My work here is, finally, done.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 12:01:56 AM

Freedom of speech, though I think their should be laws preventing people from protesting at funerals.

But, regardless, WBC is just a bunch of attention whores.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 12:20:51 AM
At 12/20/2012 12:01:56 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Freedom of speech, though I think their should be laws preventing people from protesting at funerals.

It sounds good, but at a PUBLIC funeral (like those given for fallen soldiers buried in public lands, like Arlington Cemetery), if you can't protest, then you also can't offer condolences. Why is one form of speech allowed and not another? The government is not/should not be in the business of regulating speech, hence the first amendment.

With abhorred tactics, and I hate how often I find myself defending them :(
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 12:25:43 AM
At 12/20/2012 12:20:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

It sounds good, but at a PUBLIC funeral (like those given for fallen soldiers buried in public lands, like Arlington Cemetery), if you can't protest, then you also can't offer condolences. Why is one form of speech allowed and not another? The government is not/should not be in the business of regulating speech, hence the first amendment.

I meant private, though I haven't heard of any of these kids funerals being public.

I know that your not allowed to protest within a certain radius, maybe like 500 feet or so, of a soldiers funeral, which was put in place because these bastards.

I wish the world would just ignore them. They give Christians a horrible name, Richard Dawkins crap video footage, and worst of all, the do this crap......

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 12:46:35 AM
At 12/20/2012 12:25:43 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 12/20/2012 12:20:51 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

I meant private, though I haven't heard of any of these kids funerals being public.

The Sandy Hook victims are probably private, but WBC's rise to infamy was from protesting military funerals. Obviously, if private cemetery, it would be trespassing, so they can go fvck themselves and be arrested (or preferably shot for trespassing).

I know that your not allowed to protest within a certain radius, maybe like 500 feet or so, of a soldiers funeral, which was put in place because these bastards.

I was angry when these bastards caused my state to pass a similar law, I think only three people voted against it, and I voted for their re-election when I could. No protesting 1000 ft also means no assembly of a more honorable and appropriate gathering of thankful civilians offering condolences.

It is a bad law, passed to garner votes at the cost of eroding the Constitution ever so slightly.

I wish the world would just ignore them. They give Christians a horrible name, Richard Dawkins crap video footage, and worst of all, the do this crap......
I think they are too evil to ignore. How can people protest and spout their (it has to be knowingly) controversial message at a solemn event like a funeral? They wouldn't be vilified if they just protested after the family leaves...
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:23:54 AM

I don't know if "right thing" is how I'd put it, but the WBC has waged war on society and it is appropriate to defend yourself when attacked, and all is fair in love and war, so what the heck, I like it. As Edmund Burke said, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing", so I'm going with Anonymous is a good man.

Plus, when it comes to great quotes, this Anonymous fellow seems to be one of the most prolific and intelligent people of all time, so I'll have to assume he knows what he is doing.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 5:11:18 PM
Good.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:00:37 PM

I don't know if this is "right per se, but what did the Westboro Baptist Church do? They haven't murdered anyone, right? Though their website title seems really bad...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:04:24 PM
At 12/20/2012 6:00:37 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:

I don't know if this is "right per se, but what did the Westboro Baptist Church do? They haven't murdered anyone, right? Though their website title seems really bad...

They are quite literally the scum of the earth. https://www.youtube.com...
yang.
Muted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:14:32 PM
At 12/20/2012 12:00:12 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Like Occupy Wall Street?

Aye
Exterminate!!!!!!-Dalek.

The ability to speak does not make you a competent debater.

One does not simply do the rain dance.
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:16:00 PM
They should have taken over the website got the information, and then warn them that if they don't stop, it'll be released.

Even though they did something wrong, I feel bad for them.

Also, because they did what they did, I feel bad for them - I feel bad that they have such warped minds.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:28:16 PM
Why do you think that they deserve this?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:38:40 PM
At 12/20/2012 6:28:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

No one deserves anything. This hacking response is due to their horrible, interminable gospel of hate. They've only managed to remain somewhat unscathed due to the protection of police. If I want to have safety and a good reputation for my family, it doesn't make sense to picket military funerals, the Catholic Church, mass murder scenes claiming that everyone is going to hell with a smile on my face. That's dumb as sh!t. Perhaps you could make references to the importance of reputational factors, but I think one of the strongest cases could be made for natural selection. People who are vociferous in attacking others of their own species with hatred, while remaining somewhat vulnerable are evolutionarily disadvantaged and predisposed to be attacked in return. Retributivism, bro.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 6:42:26 PM
At 12/20/2012 6:38:40 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/20/2012 6:28:16 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

No one deserves anything. This hacking response is due to their horrible, interminable gospel of hate. They've only managed to remain somewhat unscathed due to the protection of police. If I want to have safety and a good reputation for my family, it doesn't make sense to picket military funerals, the Catholic Church, mass murder scenes claiming that everyone is going to hell with a smile on my face. That's dumb as sh!t. Perhaps you could make references to the importance of reputational factors, but I think one of the strongest cases could be made for natural selection. People who are vociferous in attacking others of their own species with hatred, while remaining somewhat vulnerable are evolutionarily disadvantaged and predisposed to be attacked in return. Retributivism, bro.

It's all subjective though. What happened to NAP?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 8:23:56 PM

Are you talking about gay sex? :P

But seriously, I don't believe that "anonymous" is "right" by doing what they did, but like everyone else I feel absolutely no sympathy for westboro baptist. They're a disgusting cult.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 10:47:15 AM
One things for sure, I hardly give a sh!t that they're suffering.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)