Total Posts:49|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your Most Believable Conspiracy Theories

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:22:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not asking for what conspiracy theories you believe in that are the easiest to.

But, rather, asking people who are generally not conspiracy theorists, what conspiracy theories they have seen that they give the most weight to.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:27:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Watergate.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:27:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh yeah, and Aliens.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
emj32
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:31:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:27:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Watergate.

?

Personally for me, I'd say JFK, since E. Howard Hunt already admitted it was an inside job. 9/11 has a little weight, but not enough for me to fully invest my trust into. I definitely believe area 51 hosts alien technology, mutated alien viruses, and actual aliens. Several ex-employee interviews (e.g. Bob Lazir) swayed me.
RyuuKyuzo
Posts: 3,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:38:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:31:59 PM, emj32 wrote:
At 12/20/2012 9:27:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Watergate.

?

Personally for me, I'd say JFK, since E. Howard Hunt already admitted it was an inside job. 9/11 has a little weight, but not enough for me to fully invest my trust into. I definitely believe area 51 hosts alien technology, mutated alien viruses, and actual aliens. Several ex-employee interviews (e.g. Bob Lazir) swayed me.

The thing that turned me off from the 9/11 truther stuff is how lousy the explanation where for invading Iraq.

I'd like to think that if the government somehow managed to orchestrate something this grandiose, they would also be competent enough do a better job of tying Iraq to 9/11 than "They've got WMD's!"

Honestly, I think the government just used 9/11 as an excuse to invade a country looking to ditch the petro dollar, but we'll probably never know for sure all the in's and out's of something like this.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:42:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Korean Flight 007

I have a book on it somewhere.

That or the Mary Celeste.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
emj32
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2012 9:47:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:38:56 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
At 12/20/2012 9:31:59 PM, emj32 wrote:
At 12/20/2012 9:27:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Watergate.

?

Personally for me, I'd say JFK, since E. Howard Hunt already admitted it was an inside job. 9/11 has a little weight, but not enough for me to fully invest my trust into. I definitely believe area 51 hosts alien technology, mutated alien viruses, and actual aliens. Several ex-employee interviews (e.g. Bob Lazir) swayed me.

The thing that turned me off from the 9/11 truther stuff is how lousy the explanation where for invading Iraq.

I'd like to think that if the government somehow managed to orchestrate something this grandiose, they would also be competent enough do a better job of tying Iraq to 9/11 than "They've got WMD's!"

Honestly, I think the government just used 9/11 as an excuse to invade a country looking to ditch the petro dollar, but we'll probably never know for sure all the in's and out's of something like this.

The reasons I have some belief a 9/11 conspiracy theory is plausible are:

A) The Insider Trading the days leading up to 9/11
B) The Bush Administration's suppression of any attempts to launch an individual investigation. Coupled with the fact that the 9/11 commission was severely underfunded, had a conflict of interest (one member had several ties to the white house), was based on faulty evidence (some received by torture, other on wrong intelligence), and was described by one commission member as "set up to fail". Khalid Sheikh Mohammed also admitted he gave faulty evidence when he was water-boarded
C) The Bush Administration's constant push to invade Iraq, despite all domestic and foreign intelligence saying otherwise. Also with the fact that none of the 19 hijackers were Iraqi.

There's plenty of others, but the point is there is a plausible reason to believe the government might of had some involvement.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 11:20:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I used to believe in the JFK conspiracy and was up in the air about aliens. Ever since learning about all this 9/11 stuff I see that all of these theories are built off of the same false logic. I don't believe any of them now.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 11:29:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Aliens. Maybe not an area 51 kinda thing but I do believe we at some point have made contact. Or something like that.
#BlackLivesMatter
john.klepac
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 12:43:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
-9/11 being an inside job
-The government having secret reports and data on aliens (whether or not they are accurate)
-Smoking having positive cognitive benefits
john.klepac
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 12:44:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 12:43:24 PM, john.klepac wrote:
-9/11 being an inside job
-The government having secret reports and data on aliens (whether or not they are accurate)
-Smoking having positive cognitive benefits

Wait, did I really just say "positive" and "benefits" in the same sentence? I must be getting old.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 2:48:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Based on what I've seen here, you are all completely oblivious to conspiracy theory. Area 51, JFK? C'mon. Thats elementary. Props to emj for knowing about the 911 Commission stuff and ax123 for mentioning the Federal Reserve.

How could any of you find the Federal Reserve creation not a believable conspiracy? That is one of the biggest, most provable conspiracies.

What about the Bilderberg Group, Bohemian Grove, Rothschild banking, MK-ULTRA, etc.

These are all big, and all provable.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 3:14:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Definitely Area 51, probably the Illuminati/Global Elite. Otherwise though, I don't believe in conspiracies.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 3:16:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:22:55 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Not asking for what conspiracy theories you believe in that are the easiest to.

But, rather, asking people who are generally not conspiracy theorists, what conspiracy theories they have seen that they give the most weight to.

When I think of conspiracy theories, I usually think of some crazy person in a tin foil hat.

However I have come to the conclusion that our government does lie to us in order to achieve its own agenda.
One of the biggest things that led me to this conclusion is on the issue of marijuana.

When marijuana was first made illegal it was racial slander in the media that acquired the votes.

There is also the seeming conspiracy between politicians and textile industries of the time to make marijuana illegal due to there heavy investment in nylon instead of hemp.

This would be my proof that the government is, and has been controlled by a minorities motive of greed. This minority has subdued the majorities potential for more than half a century.
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 3:24:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
- Government wants schools to fail by adding useless funding.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ax123man
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 3:37:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 3:16:36 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 12/20/2012 9:22:55 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Not asking for what conspiracy theories you believe in that are the easiest to.


However I have come to the conclusion that our government does lie to us in order to achieve its own agenda.

They don't even need to necessarily be lying. More often I think they are rationalizing and lying to themselves. Or, in some cases, their underlying beliefs are simply so different than ours that we assume they must be lying. The end results are the same. However, we lump all this into the category of "lying". This is where the "tin foil hat" stuff comes into play. As an example, consider the bankers who gathered at Jekyll island to lay the groundwork for the Federal Reserve. I don't see this playing out like an Austin Powers movie. I'm sure these people honestly thought they were doing good for society. It's easy to rationalize this kind of thing when it involves the lure of power and furthering your own interests. If you view this as an Austin Powers parody, it's "tin foil hat" stuff. It's harder to see, or accept, that this is simply human nature. Once you accept that, life gets complicated. You have to take a hard look at everything. Most people are willing to do that.
CarefulNow
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 3:52:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 3:14:09 PM, Contra wrote:
Definitely Area 51, probably the Illuminati/Global Elite. Otherwise though, I don't believe in conspiracies.

So, except for the batsh*t craziest conspiracy theories, you're skeptical?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 3:59:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 3:52:54 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
At 12/21/2012 3:14:09 PM, Contra wrote:
Definitely Area 51, probably the Illuminati/Global Elite. Otherwise though, I don't believe in conspiracies.

So, except for the batsh*t craziest conspiracy theories, you're skeptical?

Youre an idiot if you think "Global Elite" theory is batsh!t crazy. The Global Elite exist in flesh on camera, on video. That is pure fact. Rockefeller, Rothschild, Kissinger, Brzezinski, exist. If you deny their existence, go to a psych ward.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
CarefulNow
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 4:05:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 3:59:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Youre an idiot if you think "Global Elite" theory is batsh!t crazy. The Global Elite exist in flesh on camera, on video. That is pure fact. Rockefeller, Rothschild, Kissinger, Brzezinski, exist. If you deny their existence, go to a psych ward.

Perhaps if it were put in those terms instead of "Illuminati/Global Elite", I would've held my tongue.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 4:10:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What about watergate is a Conspiracy Theory?
I'd say JFK, the magic bullet, someone making those shots and Jack Ruby killing Lee Harvey right away
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 6:22:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Probably JFK. 9/11 is really suspicous, athough I really don't think Bush had anything to do with it, I think there's more to it then we're being told.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 6:25:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would say the ruling elite, but I always thought it was pretty obvious that the rich help dictate our laws, I actually thought it was weird some consider it a conspiracy. It's called lobbying!! XD
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 6:36:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 8:08:13 AM, ax123man wrote:
The founding of the Federal Reserve.

http://www.amazon.com...

Is that really still just a theory? Bernanke spent the 100th anniversary on Jeckel island to commemorate the Feds founding.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 2,215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 7:22:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I do believe we have aliens in Area 51, or if not there, definitely somewhere. Global elite as well. Never payed much attention to the likes of 9/11
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
ax123man
Posts: 317
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 10:06:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 6:36:29 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 12/21/2012 8:08:13 AM, ax123man wrote:
The founding of the Federal Reserve.

http://www.amazon.com...

Is that really still just a theory? Bernanke spent the 100th anniversary on Jeckel island to commemorate the Feds founding.

You mean the fact that millionaires, bankers and politicians met to hatch the plan for the fed? That isn't really contested. Griffin even states that in the book. But what was the true intent of those who created the Fed? Does it really have anything to do with inflation stability and employment? Griffin's point is that the fed is nothing more than a banking cartel. So, did the seven who met on Jekyll island have nefarious intentions? I doubt it, or they simply rationalized that they were dealing with the issue of a loss in confidence in banking occurring at the time, while knowing full well they were essentially building a cartel.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2012 10:56:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/21/2012 2:48:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Based on what I've seen here, you are all completely oblivious to conspiracy theory. Area 51, JFK? C'mon. Thats elementary. Props to emj for knowing about the 911 Commission stuff and ax123 for mentioning the Federal Reserve.

How could any of you find the Federal Reserve creation not a believable conspiracy? That is one of the biggest, most provable conspiracies.

What about the Bilderberg Group, Bohemian Grove, Rothschild banking, MK-ULTRA, etc.

These are all big, and all provable.
Who the hell denies MK-Ultra???

Also, no love for flight 007 or the Mary Celeste? :(
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 9:07:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/20/2012 9:22:55 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Not asking for what conspiracy theories you believe in that are the easiest to.

But, rather, asking people who are generally not conspiracy theorists, what conspiracy theories they have seen that they give the most weight to.

I am the only subjectively conscious being in existence, everyone else is a figment of my imagination.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.