Jump to topic:

If George Bush wrote a book...

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 2:10:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
No, because there wouldn't be anything in there of value for me to read.

I don't mean that in a he's-f*cking-stupid way, mind you. I just don't care that much for him, or his ideology, or really anything that he has done. At the current moment, I wouldn't even read a book by Obama because there simply isn't anything of value there for me. I'd be more interested in reading a book by Lindsey Graham, in all honesty.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 2:33:02 PM
At 10/20/2009 2:10:14 PM, Volkov wrote:
No, because there wouldn't be anything in there of value for me to read.

I don't mean that in a he's-f*cking-stupid way, mind you. I just don't care that much for him, or his ideology, or really anything that he has done. At the current moment, I wouldn't even read a book by Obama because there simply isn't anything of value there for me. I'd be more interested in reading a book by Lindsey Graham, in all honesty.

yeah, i agree, but what about

The Conservative Mind: From Burke to Eliot
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 2:50:22 PM
At 10/20/2009 2:33:02 PM, comoncents wrote:
yeah, i agree, but what about

The Conservative Mind: From Burke to Eliot

Why would I read something about the conservative mind? I know it doesn't exist! Ha-ha.

Here are ex-politicians with books that are/will/would be worth reading; Jean Chretien, Paul Martin, Bill Clinton, Stephane Dion, Boris Tadic, Gordon Brown, Stephen Harper, Jean Charest, Jimmy Carter, Vladimir Putin, Bob Rae, Gary Doer, and many others.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 4:38:11 PM
At 10/20/2009 2:50:22 PM, Volkov wrote:

Here are ex-politicians with books that are/will/would be worth reading; Jean Chretien, Paul Martin, Bill Clinton, Stephane Dion, Boris Tadic, Gordon Brown, Stephen Harper, Jean Charest, Jimmy Carter, Vladimir Putin, Bob Rae, Gary Doer, and many others.

Love the way you include Britain's current PM in your list of ex politicians. lol
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 4:40:37 PM
I would probably read it because it would be mostly crayon drawings and stuff anyway so it would be a quick read.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 4:47:38 PM
At 10/20/2009 4:40:37 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
I would probably read it because it would be mostly crayon drawings and stuff anyway so it would be a quick read.

Beat me to punchline, I hate you.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 5:06:50 PM
At 10/20/2009 4:40:37 PM, leet4A1 wrote:

HaHaHa

i love a good popup book.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 5:10:23 PM
At 10/20/2009 4:38:11 PM, feverish wrote:
Love the way you include Britain's current PM in your list of ex politicians. lol

Lol, I never even noticed; the list has other current politicians as well, it just slipped my mind. But, it does work out quite well, doesn't it?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 5:52:18 PM
At 10/20/2009 5:09:50 PM, JBlake wrote:
I'd read it. It would be interesting to see his perspective.

Yeah in all honesty, I would read it for this very reason.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 5:58:50 PM
http://media.urbandictionary.com...

crackofdawn_Jr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 6:01:51 PM
At 10/20/2009 6:00:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Interesting you'd care to read Jimmy Carter and not Bush...

In terms of unsuccess they're about equal.
There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics"
-Mark Twain

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success"

"Therefore love moderately. Long love doth so.
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow."
- William Shakespeare

"There must be no majority decisions, but only responsible persons, and the word 'council' must be restored to its original meaning. Surely every man will have advisers by his side, but the decision will be made by one man."
- Adolf Hitler
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 6:04:39 PM
At 10/20/2009 6:03:28 PM, Nags wrote:
Memoirs and autobiographies are boring...

Depends who by... Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor and Hunter S. Thompson's autobiographies are awesome.

USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 6:34:20 PM
At 10/20/2009 6:00:51 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Interesting you'd care to read Jimmy Carter and not Bush...

Amen. Especially when "value" is the goal.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 6:36:17 PM
Jimmy Carter: The ONLY guy with two books in the Osama Bin Laden reading list.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2009 6:49:15 PM
Just have to say vitage volkov I agree 100 percent
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2009 11:24:30 AM
At 10/20/2009 2:02:30 PM, comoncents wrote:
would you read it?

http://www.reuters.com...

Probably not, for a start he lacks the intelligence and education to do so. Such a book would be written for him, and would simply be easily discredited lies.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:50:40 AM
Well come on... is it really all bush's fault...

i think dick cheney was running the country for the past 8 years... bush was just the face and the voice carrying out the message of a bad cabinet.

But i am sure you guys will tell me how dumb of theory it is.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:56:08 AM

George Bush doesn't have a perspective. He's not a smart guy. He got ahead in life because he was rich and his father was powerful. He got by in politics because of his charisma and right-wing policies at a time when it was convenient (after 9/11). Everything he says and does is the result of political analysts telling him what's best to do for his career. In reading his book, we'd only see the handiwork of his editor and other help he acquired for the task, in addition to adding to his overwhelming and undeserved wealth. Why would I do that?
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:58:52 AM
At 10/22/2009 10:50:40 AM, comoncents wrote:
Well come on... is it really all bush's fault...

i think dick cheney was running the country for the past 8 years... bush was just the face and the voice carrying out the message of a bad cabinet.

But i am sure you guys will tell me how dumb of theory it is.

Duh, as is the same with every country.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2009 10:59:44 AM
At 10/22/2009 10:56:08 AM, theLwerd wrote:

George Bush doesn't have a perspective. He's not a smart guy. He got ahead in life because he was rich and his father was powerful. He got by in politics because of his charisma and right-wing policies at a time when it was convenient (after 9/11). Everything he says and does is the result of political analysts telling him what's best to do for his career. In reading his book, we'd only see the handiwork of his editor and other help he acquired for the task, in addition to adding to his overwhelming and undeserved wealth. Why would I do that?

Please Danielle, Don't hold back.