Jump to topic:

The Likelihood of an Obama Assassination

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 12:07:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yes, the title is meant to be unduly provocative.

President Obama just won the 2012 Time Person of the Year award...again. The prologue to the story:

"We are in the midst of historic cultural and demographic changes, and Barack Obama is both the symbol and in some ways the architect of this new America. In 2012, he found and forged a new majority, turned weakness into opportunity and sought, amid great adversity, to create a more perfect union."

http://poy.time.com...

Obama has made direct references to Lincoln throughout his presidency. Like how W's presidency ended with a movie about W., so Obama's first term as president is ending with the movie "Lincoln" hitting movie theaters all across the country. We all know what happened to Lincoln.

Lincoln also "found and forged a new majority, turned weakness into opportunity and sought, amid great adversity, to create a more perfect union." Such efforts by Lincoln got him killed. Lincoln also presided "[a]midst [] historic cultural and demographic changes."

Is this too much for America? Will there be an attempt at Obama's life before this is all over?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 1:12:56 PM
At 12/23/2012 12:50:30 PM, drafterman wrote:
Put on a pot of coffee for the FBI agents who will be at your house shortly. Tell them I said "Hi"

LOL, they said thanks for the call, bro :)
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 2:31:37 PM
At 12/23/2012 12:07:54 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

President Obama just won the 2012 Time Person of the Year award...again. The prologue to the story:

"We are in the midst of historic cultural and demographic changes, and Barack Obama is both the symbol and in some ways the architect of this new America. In 2012, he found and forged a new majority, turned weakness into opportunity and sought, amid great adversity, to create a more perfect union."

http://poy.time.com...

Obama has made direct references to Lincoln throughout his presidency. Like how W's presidency ended with a movie about W., so Obama's first term as president is ending with the movie "Lincoln" hitting movie theaters all across the country. We all know what happened to Lincoln.

Lincoln also "found and forged a new majority, turned weakness into opportunity and sought, amid great adversity, to create a more perfect union." Such efforts by Lincoln got him killed. Lincoln also presided "[a]midst [] historic cultural and demographic changes."

Is this too much for America? Will there be an attempt at Obama's life before this is all over?

There have already been attempts at his life. Granted, none have really gotten all that close.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 3:00:53 PM

Why do democrats keep spouting the line "a more perfect Union". The constitution created "a more perfect union", by turning the confederation int a federation; without an amendment that union cannot be strengthened or weakened. If the union was strengthened we would have a unitary state, and if it was weakened we would have a confederation of states. There has been no talk of amending the constitution, so are they planning to unconstitutionally form a unitary state?
That line has made me genuinely worried.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 3:04:01 PM
At 12/23/2012 3:00:53 PM, DanT wrote:

Why do democrats keep spouting the line "a more perfect Union". The constitution created "a more perfect union", by turning the confederation int a federation; without an amendment that union cannot be strengthened or weakened. If the union was strengthened we would have a unitary state, and if it was weakened we would have a confederation of states. There has been no talk of amending the constitution, so are they planning to unconstitutionally form a unitary state?

Perhaps there is some reason to be concerned, but I think its just pointless rhetoric. My problem with it is that it has always been terrible grammar.
Debate.org Moderator
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 3:58:14 PM
At 12/23/2012 3:00:53 PM, DanT wrote:

I think the context is less about states' rights and more about slavery and discrimination. "A more perfect union" in this sense would be more recognition for marginalized populations, in this case specifically pre- and post-civil rights African Americans.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2012 4:01:22 PM
At 12/23/2012 2:31:37 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

There have already been attempts at his life. Granted, none have really gotten all that close.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting. Thank you.