Jump to topic:

Facebook Bans Profiles Pro-Peace Constitution

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 4:30:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
As of today, Facebook has gone on a banning frenzy and permanently banning people promoting peace, freedom, and the Constitution. Today, Mike Adams of Natural News was banned for posting a Gandhi quote. I repeat, Facebook bans people for quoting GANDHI. Facebook hates peace and freedom and allows fascist, violent pages to thrive like ThinkProgress, Media Matters, Chris Matthews, etc.

Must read this article, evidence inside: http://www.infowars.com...

ThinkProgess, a group that suggested sexually assaulting and ripping off Romney's genitals and burning down cities is not banned from Facebook.

Chris Matthews who says it's good that hurricanes that kill and devastate people lead to the reelection of CommunoFascist dictator Obama is not banned from Facebook.

Michael Moore who makes racist statements calling white people bad, gun slinging racists is not banned from Facebook.

Bill Maher who says he supports exterminating people because freeways are too crowded is not banned from Facebook.

Explain that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 4:45:18 PM
You might say "but Facebook is privately run, it can do what it wants." Partially true, but it's managed by DARPA, DoD, CIA, and IAO.

You might say "Zuckerberg's a Liberal, he can delete 'Conservative stuff' if he wants." Ok, then why do alternative media and alternative opinions only get censored but not Bill O'Reilly. Santorum is very offensive to Liberals yet his account isn't being banned.

But if youre Natural News (don't Liberals like organic hippie stuff?) posting truth, freedom, and pro-Constitution then you get permanently banned. Alex Jones even got suspended for 24 hours for a picture he didn't even post, someone else did and tagged him in it. Facebook knew damn well Alex Jones didnt post it yet they still suspended him. They know what "being tagged" is.

Explain that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 4:48:47 PM
Oh my God, can you shut the fvck up for one day? Just one. Please.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 5:22:14 PM
At 12/27/2012 5:00:35 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
@ "fascist 1984 Orwellian big brother totalitarian state"

Stop stringing buzzwords together. You're very sloppy.

That's from a different thread and I don't see a problem with the language in the above quote.

http://bookre.org...

Ok... Do you have anything relevant to add to the thread?
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 6:09:38 PM
Holy sh!t this is escalating to dangerous heights. Now things Rand Paul related or Libertarian are going to get your profile permanently banned!

The high risk are those with Public profiles. Fortunately mine is Private.

Can somebody look into this? NWO is kicking in to full gear.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 6:35:45 PM
At 12/27/2012 6:09:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Holy sh!t this is escalating to dangerous heights. Now things Rand Paul related or Libertarian are going to get your profile permanently banned!

The high risk are those with Public profiles. Fortunately mine is Private.

Can somebody look into this? NWO is kicking in to full gear.

What would be the reasons for banning the account?
Just because some individuals/groups promote "peace" does not mean that these groups could not post obscene materials. Your link does not show the reasons.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 8:04:56 PM
At 12/27/2012 4:48:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
Oh my God, can you shut the fvck up for one day? Just one. Please.

Why? He's quite entertaining. I, for one, aim to support and empower our new Orwellian nightmareland.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 8:05:29 PM
You do know that Mark Zuckerberg doesn't do the moderating for Facebook? Nor any other grand moderator. Do you realize how many pages there are? It's simple impossible to have any sort of Facebook censorship conspiracy due to the scale of Facebook. It's 1/7 of the world's population. They have maaaaaaaaaaany moderators. Are you surprised that you found one that's trigger happy?

That quote was probably construed as racist because it used "blackist" and they knew Gandhi was indeed a racist.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:21:03 PM
At 12/27/2012 8:05:29 PM, FREEDO wrote:
You do know that Mark Zuckerberg doesn't do the moderating for Facebook? Nor any other grand moderator. Do you realize how many pages there are? It's simple impossible to have any sort of Facebook censorship conspiracy due to the scale of Facebook. It's 1/7 of the world's population. They have maaaaaaaaaaany moderators. Are you surprised that you found one that's trigger happy?

That quote was probably construed as racist because it used "blackist" and they knew Gandhi was indeed a racist.

I doubt it was shut down because of the Ghandi quote, the page was probably spotted doing something else that had violated facebook's policies that caused them to get shut down and the Ghandi quote was simply the last thing they got to post before they were shut down...... Of Course im guessing that Geo didnt care to think about that because he trusts anything that comes from f*cking infowars and would never question anything that his God Alex Jones would ever say....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 9:58:26 PM
To be clear, does your attribution of actions to Facebook the website imply that you believe it has attained sentience and is acting independently of human control?

It's hard to tell with you.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2012 11:27:15 PM
At 12/27/2012 4:45:18 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You might say "but Facebook is privately run, it can do what it wants." Partially true, but it's managed by DARPA, DoD, CIA, and IAO.

You might say "Zuckerberg's a Liberal, he can delete 'Conservative stuff' if he wants." Ok, then why do alternative media and alternative opinions only get censored but not Bill O'Reilly. Santorum is very offensive to Liberals yet his account isn't being banned.

Santorum has not done much lately. A meet Christmas and a few promotions of events he is participating in. O'Reilly mostly posts a link to his show and says watch. Neither are offensive... (Though some conservative pages are pretty rude too).

But if youre Natural News (don't Liberals like organic hippie stuff?) posting truth, freedom, and pro-Constitution then you get permanently banned. Alex Jones even got suspended for 24 hours for a picture he didn't even post, someone else did and tagged him in it. Facebook knew damn well Alex Jones didnt post it yet they still suspended him. They know what "being tagged" is.

Explain that.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 12:49:02 AM
At 12/27/2012 5:22:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/27/2012 5:00:35 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
@ "fascist 1984 Orwellian big brother totalitarian state"

Stop stringing buzzwords together. You're very sloppy.

That's from a different thread and I don't see a problem with the language in the above quote.

Yeah, I was speaking thematically. Apologies for being unclear.

http://bookre.org...

Ok... Do you have anything relevant to add to the thread?

That's completely relevant. My objection is a thematic reservation about your frivolous use of political buzzwords, e.g., "fascist". In the linked excerpt, Foucault gives an account (and several criticisms) of "inflationary" (or what I would term "hyperbolic") state phobia. Of particular relevance here is the methodological bankruptcy of anti-state paranoiacs. I leave Foucault the next words here:

"In the first place, it is inflationary because I think the theme encourages the growth, at a constantly accelerating speed, of the interchangeability of analyses. As soon as we accept the existence of this continuity or genetic kinship between different forms of the state, and as soon as we attribute a constant evolutionary dynamism to the state, it then becomes possible not only to use different analyses to support each other, but also to refer them back to each other and so deprive them of their specificity. For example, an analysis of social security and the administrative apparatus on which it rests ends up, via some slippages and thanks to some plays on words, referring us to the analysis of concentration camps. And, in the move from social security to concentration camps the requisite specificity of analysis is diluted.

"[Second], it allows one to practice what could be called a general disqualification by the worst. Whatever the object of analysis, however tenuous or meager it is, and whatever its real functioning, to the extent that it can always be referred to something which will be worse by virtue of the state's intrinsic dynamic and the final forms it may take, the less can always be disqualified by the more, the better by the worst. I am not taking an example of the better, obviously, but think, for example, of some unfortunate who smashes a cinema display case and, in a system like ours, is taken to court and sentenced rather severely; you will always find people to say that this sentence is the sign that the state is becoming fascist, as if, well before any fascist state, there were no sentences of this kind--or much worse... [There are two more arguments he makes against anti-state inflationism, but I will not recount his full analysis--you can do some reading.]

"Well, against this inflationary critique of the state, against this kind of laxness, I would like to suggest some theses which have been present, roughly, in what I have already said, but on which I would like to take a bit of a bearing. In the first place is the thesis that the welfare state has neither the same form, of course, nor, it seems to me, the same root or origin as the totalitarian state, as the Nazi, fascist, or Stalinist state. I would also like to suggest that the characteristic feature of the state we call totalitarian is far from being the endogenous intensification and extension of the mechanisms of the state; it is not at all the exaltation but rather a limitation, a reduction, and a subordination of the autonomy of the state, of its specificity and specific functioning--but in relation to what? In relation to something else, which is the party. In other words, the idea would be that we should not look for the principle of totalitarian regimes in the intrinsic development of the state and its mechanisms: the totalitarian state is not the eighteenth century administrative state, the nineteenth century Polizeistaat pushed to the limit, it is not the administrative state, the bureaucratized nineteenth century state pushed to its limits. The totalitarian state is something else. We should not look for its principle in the "statifying" or "statified" governmentality born in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries; we should look for it in a non-state governmentality, precisely in what could be called a governmentality of the party."

The rest of his analysis, again, I will let you read for yourself if you choose. Fundamentally, however, I take issue with your careless use of terms like "fascist", "Big Brother", and so on. I think you fail not only to appreciate the peculiar character of each form of political organization--or, to retain Foucault's language, the specificity of each sort of governmentality and its origins and functions--but, in the process, I think you, treating these as synonyms of each other (and the set of these as synonyms for unqualified oppression and subjugation), necessarily trivialize the experiences not merely of those who find themselves oppressed today, but of any who have been subject to the different forms power has historically assumed. I have no love for the state, certainly, nor for any of the forms of power determining its practices, but I am not prepared to defend any anti-statist argument merely on the basis of its opposition to statism. That would, leaving Foucault the last word, merely be "following the direction of the wind... [W]e should not delude ourselves by attributing to the state itself a process of becoming fascist which is actually exogenous and due much more to the state's reduction and dislocation. I also mean that we should not delude ourselves about the nature of the historical process which currently renders the state both so intolerable and so problematic."
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 1:42:43 AM
At 12/27/2012 9:21:03 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/27/2012 8:05:29 PM, FREEDO wrote:

I doubt it was shut down because of the Ghandi quote, the page was probably spotted doing something else that had violated facebook's policies that caused them to get shut down and the Ghandi quote was simply the last thing they got to post before they were shut down...... Of Course im guessing that Geo didnt care to think about that because he trusts anything that comes from f*cking infowars and would never question anything that his God Alex Jones would ever say....

This
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 1:49:10 AM
"Be careful making about making political statements on facebook," McBreen was told in an email, "facebook is about building relationships not a platform for your political viewpoint. Don"t antagonize your base. Be careful and congnizat (sic) of what you are preaching."

Facebook sent the message in relation to a comments posted about "Is living off the Grid now a crime?,"
an article about "nuisance abatement teams" intimidating people who have decided to disconnect from the power grid in California.

The message provides further evidence that Facebook is not only monitoring discussions, but also feels compelled to warn users about the supposed inappropriateness of their political viewpoints, especially if they deviate from prepackaged left-vs-right political viewpoints propagated by the establishment."

http://www.prisonplanet.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 1:52:05 AM
Facebook punishes people for political viewpoints they don't like. FACT. It's not because someone posted something inflammatory, then was banned after posting a political opinion. NO. They specifically punish for specific posts.

Screenshot of proof: http://static.prisonplanet.com...

Alex Jones simply said "Al-CIA-da" and Facebook said that post was inappropriate. EXPLAIN THAT.

Full article: http://www.infowars.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 7:32:35 AM
At 12/28/2012 1:52:05 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Facebook punishes people for political viewpoints they don't like. FACT. It's not because someone posted something inflammatory, then was banned after posting a political opinion. NO. They specifically punish for specific posts.

Alex Jones simply said "Al-CIA-da" and Facebook said that post was inappropriate. EXPLAIN THAT.

What's to explain? Someone at Facebook deemed it inappropriate and flagged it as such. What's the big deal? It's a fvcking website on the internet, not a public service.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 3:39:02 PM
At 12/27/2012 9:58:26 PM, drafterman wrote:
To be clear, does your attribution of actions to Facebook the website imply that you believe it has attained sentience and is acting independently of human control?

It's hard to tell with you.

Now, now, that's sounds more like something FREEDO would say.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 3:39:30 PM

*Points up to prior post*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 3:40:05 PM
At 12/28/2012 3:39:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:

*Points up to my first post*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 3:43:02 PM
Keeping in mind most of facebook's banning occurs from someone being reported repeatedly and done automatically, there's a few more likely reasons for what happened. But more importantly, it is an extremely comical leap of assertion from "person X has been banned" and "person X posted Y" to "person X has been banned for posting Y". One could equally say they're banned for promoting nature, or free thought, or being American, or any number of silly reasons. Doesn't make a coherent case.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 6:37:33 PM
At 12/27/2012 9:22:16 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm curious for the day that illuminati infiltrates DDO.

Why do you not speak in past tense on that matter?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 6:38:21 PM
At 12/27/2012 4:30:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
As of today, Facebook has gone on a banning frenzy and permanently banning people promoting peace, freedom, and the Constitution. Today, Mike Adams of Natural News was banned for posting a Gandhi quote. I repeat, Facebook bans people for quoting GANDHI. Facebook hates peace and freedom and allows fascist, violent pages to thrive like ThinkProgress, Media Matters, Chris Matthews, etc.

ThinkProgess, a group that suggested sexually assaulting and ripping off Romney's genitals and burning down cities is not banned from Facebook.

Chris Matthews who says it's good that hurricanes that kill and devastate people lead to the reelection of CommunoFascist dictator Obama is not banned from Facebook.

Michael Moore who makes racist statements calling white people bad, gun slinging racists is not banned from Facebook.

Bill Maher who says he supports exterminating people because freeways are too crowded is not banned from Facebook.

Explain that.

I will admit, I love seeing you mad over the silliest things. It brings a smile to my face.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2012 6:43:12 PM

http://www.facebook.com...

Rather than tell you what rule was violated, I will let you read through it, since you probably should anyway.

http://media.tumblr.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 12:32:46 PM
So, Geo, you have shown in this thread that Facebook retaliates against certain posts, as evidenced by "Al-CIA-da". Now, you fail to see that in the OP's article, there was no such evidence offered, which suggests that anything could have been flagged, not just the Ghandi quote.

Furthermore, I have yet to see any evidence, including "Al-CIA-da", to suggest that Facebook unilaterally opted to ban/censor. Do we know if something was flagged, or did Facebook just do it automatically? There is a world of difference between the two scenarios.
My work here is, finally, done.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 12:37:16 PM
At 12/27/2012 4:30:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Explain that.

For someone who looks down on buzzwords and propaganda, you sure like to use it.
http://www.debate.org...
My work here is, finally, done.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2012 1:19:35 PM
At 12/27/2012 9:22:16 PM, darkkermit wrote:
{DATA EXPUNGED}
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 10:20:00 AM
At 12/28/2012 6:43:12 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
http://www.facebook.com...

Rather than tell you what rule was violated, I will let you read through it, since you probably should anyway.

http://media.tumblr.com...

Point out specifically which rule. Whatever rule was broken (if that's even true) I can guarantee that similar content coming from mainstream Left-Right is completely tolerated. It's only a singling out of alternative media and truth.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat