Jump to topic:

Gay and/or Transsexual marriage is pointless

RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 5:36:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The purpose of marriage is for the man to give his wife, and future LEGAL children (otherwise termed 'bastards') a FAMILY NAME.

Without either/or a woman or a man to definitely make this sensible arrangement occur how does one warrant the need for marriage?
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 4:52:29 AM
At 1/4/2013 5:36:08 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
The purpose of marriage is for the man to give his wife, and future LEGAL children (otherwise termed 'bastards') a FAMILY NAME.

Without either/or a woman or a man to definitely make this sensible arrangement occur how does one warrant the need for marriage?

If this were true, why is it not mandatory to change one's name upon marriage?
My work here is, finally, done.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 4:53:52 AM
*sigh*
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 5:58:43 AM

To make you angry.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 7:18:43 AM
Clearly, legalizing gay marriage will lead to people marrying animals. So, gay marriage is just a ploy, so people can legally commit bestiality.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 9:02:48 AM

You aren't for gay marriage we get it. Guess you just wont understand it because you aren't in a gay marriage. I sure if you ask someone in a gay marriage, they can tell you what the point is.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 9:32:23 AM

- Kids often take their father's last name even when their parents aren't married.
- You don't have to be married to switch your name.
- Not every bride takes her husband's last name.

There are proven psychological and health benefits to marriage. A marriage is a cultural symbol that provides meaning and value both to people in society (as a label) as well as the individuals who enter into a legal and/or spiritual contract based on their marriage. There are also tax breaks and other benefits granted specifically to married couples. This is not rocket science.
President of DDO
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 9:37:51 AM
I wonder, how do gay couples with kids decide which last name their kids get? Do they just pick one of theirs, or combine them? This seems like an awkward conversation to have.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 9:39:10 AM
At 1/5/2013 9:37:51 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
I wonder, how do gay couples with kids decide which last name their kids get? Do they just pick one of theirs, or combine them? This seems like an awkward conversation to have.

I would assume it depends on their gender role.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 10:15:17 AM
At 1/5/2013 9:39:10 AM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/5/2013 9:37:51 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

I would assume it depends on their gender role.

Gender dynamics in gay relationships are complicated and do not always reflect the masculine/feminine stereotype. My gf and I are both very feminine. In terms of our personality, I am more masculine in the sense that I can be more dominant and aggressive, but on the flip side, I am also the more emotional of the two in general (which is usually considered feminine). I certainly cry a lot more than she does. And sexually, it's a complete toss up and depends on the day... in fact it can depend on the minute. We don't have a set gender role -- we go by what feels good and what we're in the mood for at that particular moment (sexually). Different things turn us on at different times.

Anyway, the point is, it doesn't go by gender roles lol and in fact sometimes the "girl" lesbian (baby carrier) who might be more feminine insists on the baby taking her last name. It's very subjective. Personally, I'm planning to hyphenate, and I'm not sure if I want to carry a baby or not.

Funny side comment: in the TV show The L Word (about lesbians), a couple was having the last name conversation and they suggested combining the two. One's last name was Porter and the other was Kinard, so they suggested Portard. One of the characters goes, "Oh that's great... On the playground they'll hear 'Hey Portard, how's your two moms, ya big gaymo?!'" lol. It's not funny out of context but 10 years ago that made me laugh :p
President of DDO