Jump to topic:

how much did your taxes go up.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 10:28:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Got my pay check today. I make well under $400,000 a year, not even $100,000. My taxes increased by $30.00 a week. Obama "No new taxes for people making under $400,000" /= Total and complete bold face lying sack of crap.

How much did your taxes go up?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 10:52:08 PM
At 1/4/2013 10:28:15 PM, sadolite wrote:
Got my pay check today. I make well under $400,000 a year, not even $100,000. My taxes increased by $30.00 a week. Obama "No new taxes for people making under $400,000" /= Total and complete bold face lying sack of crap.

Dude, Hire me.

Obummer can't tax me if I don't have any income.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 11:20:25 PM
At 1/4/2013 11:16:34 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:
Me as well.

Maybe I should consider becoming an artist instead of wasting time and struggling in Calculus and Algebra courses...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 4:26:17 AM

The payroll holiday from the last two years has expired, so if your gross pay is the same from the last two periods and it went up exactly $30, I am guessing your gross pay was $1,500. Am I right?

Regardless, I wouldn't call it a tax increase, if it went to the rates it was at, and the reduction was only temporary. It was passed for only one year, and almost wasn't passed for the second.
My work here is, finally, done.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 5:22:14 AM
At 1/5/2013 4:26:17 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

The payroll holiday from the last two years has expired, so if your gross pay is the same from the last two periods and it went up exactly $30, I am guessing your gross pay was $1,500. Am I right?

Regardless, I wouldn't call it a tax increase, if it went to the rates it was at, and the reduction was only temporary. It was passed for only one year, and almost wasn't passed for the second.

They did not extend payroll holiday. let's probably why. Besides, I also heard that the Affordable Care includes some hidden tax as well.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 1:17:54 PM
At 1/5/2013 5:22:14 AM, TheElderScroll wrote:
At 1/5/2013 4:26:17 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

They did not extend payroll holiday. let's probably why. Besides, I also heard that the Affordable Care includes some hidden tax as well.

The only hidden taxes I know of are a sales tax on medical devices (because that helps decrease the cost of healthcare, right) and a payroll tax increase on the rich of 0.9% additional medicare tax. I think it kicks in at $100K, but don't quote me on that.
My work here is, finally, done.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 12:22:37 PM
Here is the bottom line. Taxing rich people will not solve any revenue short fall. It is complete and total delusion to think so. The middle class will be hit and it will be hit hard. The middle class has and always will be the ones to clean up the mess and pay the cost It will be done through the disguise of fees and regulation. It is so obvious if one cares to pull their head out of their azz. Raising tax rates on the rich is to codify dumb azz morons who engage in class warfare. Rich people don't pay taxes, they pass on the cost of higher taxes to the middle class by increasing the cost of what they manufacture and sell to the middle class, DUH. So when you think raising tax rates on the rich is sticking it to the evil rich all you are doing is sticking to yourself. Get a firkin clue. Every new regulation, tax increase and expense that goes with it that govt imposes on business and rich people gets passed on to you the little guy in the way of higher prices. What do you think, they are just gonna say "Oh well, we have to eat that and make less of a profit and pay it to the govt."
If you do, then you were really born during the day "YESTERDAY"
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%