Jump to topic:

Alex Jones to Debate Piers Morgan Live onCNN

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:14:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alex Jones is debating Piers Morgan tonight Live on CNN. They wanted to have him on via satellite but Alex decided he wanted to look Piers Morgan in the eyes face to face.

This is a fatal mistake on Morgans behalf. If he thought Jesse Ventura was tough to debate, wait til he is in the presence of Alex Jones who will annihilate him. Alex was able to destroy Lord David de Rothschild for 30 minutes, he destroyed The View, and now Piers is the next victim.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 11:43:16 AM
At 1/7/2013 11:35:08 AM, Koopin wrote:
I doubt this will happen.

Alex Jones is in New York now. He was detained by the TSA on his way to the CNN studio. They let him on The View, he's already been on CNN and Fox before, the only thing that could happen is Piers backing out scared.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
emj32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 12:47:16 PM
At 1/7/2013 11:43:16 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/7/2013 11:35:08 AM, Koopin wrote:
I doubt this will happen.

Alex Jones is in New York now. He was detained by the TSA on his way to the CNN studio. They let him on The View, he's already been on CNN and Fox before, the only thing that could happen is Piers backing out scared.

Very interesting. What time is Pier's show? I'd love to see this showdown.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 2:12:24 PM
Piers Morgan is the worst.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 2:42:13 PM
6PM Pacific / 9PM Eastern

To give a little background, Alex is the one who created the White House petition to deport Piers Morgan for sedition and to violate his 1st for trying to take away our 2nd. The petition made national news and got over 60,000 signatures.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 2:59:40 PM
At 1/7/2013 2:42:13 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

To give a little background, Alex is the one who created the White House petition to deport Piers Morgan for sedition and to violate his 1st for trying to take away our 2nd. The petition made national news and got over 60,000 signatures.

I'd like to see this, will it be on Youtube at some point?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:18:37 PM
At 1/7/2013 2:59:40 PM, innomen wrote:

I'd like to see this, will it be on Youtube at some point?

Probably. I'd prefer to see Live because CNN will probably heavily edit it.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:21:25 PM

60,000 people who can now be officially classified as clinically diagnosable dumbheads.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:25:15 PM
At 1/7/2013 3:21:25 PM, charleslb wrote:

60,000 people who can now be officially classified as clinically diagnosable dumbheads.

"dumbheads"? That's the best you got? You post reams of overly articulated paragraphs of needlessly excessive verbosity, and you come up with "dumbheads"?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:32:20 PM
At 1/7/2013 3:25:15 PM, innomen wrote:

"dumbheads"? That's the best you got? You post reams of overly articulated paragraphs of needlessly excessive verbosity, and you come up with "dumbheads"?

^
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:35:48 PM

Youre siding with the Red Coat? He said himself declared British supremacy and said he's gonna conquer America on Twitter. Youre the guy who sided with the British when they confiscated guns in 1775 and then the Patriots retorted back and asserted Liberty, a concept you don't like.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:40:08 PM

I didn't know about that!

I'd love to watch this. Of course, the majority of Americans will be watching Notre Dame vs. Alabama. What is the debate going to be about?
President of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 3:52:16 PM
At 1/7/2013 3:40:08 PM, Danielle wrote:

I didn't know about that!

I'd love to watch this. Of course, the majority of Americans will be watching Notre Dame vs. Alabama. What is the debate going to be about?.

They are going to debate crime statistics showing more guns, less crime. Alex has the FBI's own website gun statistics to back him up.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:02:26 PM
Piers is too scared so he has Alan Dershowitz to back him up so it's two against one.

Alan is a Liberal Harvard Lawyer who is pro-Israel and openly admits to wanting to literally repeal the 2nd Amendment. That is not hyperbole, that's his actual stance.

Alex will take down two bird-brains with one stone.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:33:41 PM
At 1/7/2013 4:02:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Piers is too scared so he has Alan Dershowitz to back him up so it's two against one.

Alan is a Liberal Harvard Lawyer who is pro-Israel and openly admits to wanting to literally repeal the 2nd Amendment. That is not hyperbole, that's his actual stance.

I'm sick of you painting perfectly valid beliefs as the worst thing in the world just because you don't agree with them.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:43:50 PM
At 1/7/2013 4:33:41 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

I'm sick of you painting perfectly valid beliefs as the worst thing in the world just because you don't agree with them.

haha I had to read that twice to understand what he was referring to as "hyperbole". O Canada...
yang.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:44:56 PM

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 4:58:01 PM
At 1/7/2013 11:14:27 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
This is a fatal mistake on Morgans behalf. If he thought Jesse Ventura was tough to debate, wait til he is in the presence of Alex Jones who will annihilate him. Alex was able to destroy Lord David de Rothschild for 30 minutes, he destroyed The View, and now Piers is the next victim.

It is not uncommon in the slightest for conspiracy theorists to "annihilate" others in verbal, real time debates. There are so many different theories based on so many falsehoods that there is absolutely no way (and no reason why) any normal person would be able to refute every piece of nonsense that comes out of the mouth of someone like Alex Jones. The result is that the challenger becomes overwhelmed with so many "facts" they have never heard before and is therefore left with no response. To a conspiracy theorist, that counts as a victory.

The real test is when their "facts" and logic are able to be scrutinized by someone with an equal opportunity to to research the claim. That is when most conspiracy theories inevitably fail.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:14:09 PM
At 1/7/2013 4:58:01 PM, Double_R wrote:

It is not uncommon in the slightest for conspiracy theorists to "annihilate" others in verbal, real time debates. There are so many different theories based on so many falsehoods that there is absolutely no way (and no reason why) any normal person would be able to refute every piece of nonsense that comes out of the mouth of someone like Alex Jones. The result is that the challenger becomes overwhelmed with so many "facts" they have never heard before and is therefore left with no response. To a conspiracy theorist, that counts as a victory.

The real test is when their "facts" and logic are able to be scrutinized by someone with an equal opportunity to to research the claim. That is when most conspiracy theories inevitably fail.

That's pretty true to an extent. But at the same time most people trying to refute conspiracy theories should at least have a basic understanding of where the other side is coming from and their major issues. I remember on a FOX morning show, the guy stormed off the set because because of the questions Jesse Ventura brought up about 911, which were valid questions. But he was so appalled at someone asking questions that, rather than try to understand both sides, he just stormed off in disgust.

tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:15:01 PM

It's sad really because I have a relative that has this problem where they see conspiracies all the time. Usually, there is a pattern: for example someone/group is out to get that person and so an intricate web of conspiracy is woven around this fear in order to explain it. This is because it seems to the individual that if it can be explained by them then that's a way for them to have some control over it as opposed to the "chaos" of something just happening for no reason at all.

Some people mistakenly think that this problem is due to "intelligence", but it's not: many people with "conspiracy issues" are quite intelligent. Instead, I believe it is a deep seeded phobia that the person has never been able to control directly and must indirectly manage it via the "conspiracy" mechanism.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:15:29 PM

Hear, hear! An excellent point. Take that, Geo and Alex Jones!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:26:23 PM

Alex Jones is using "facts" from the FBI's own records. Piers Morgan can feel free to scrutinize FBI statistics all he wants. http://www.fbi.gov...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 5:52:47 PM
At 1/7/2013 5:15:01 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
It's sad really because I have a relative that has this problem where they see conspiracies all the time. Usually, there is a pattern: for example someone/group is out to get that person and so an intricate web of conspiracy is woven around this fear in order to explain it. This is because it seems to the individual that if it can be explained by them then that's a way for them to have some control over it as opposed to the "chaos" of something just happening for no reason at all.

Some people mistakenly think that this problem is due to "intelligence", but it's not: many people with "conspiracy issues" are quite intelligent. Instead, I believe it is a deep seeded phobia that the person has never been able to control directly and must indirectly manage it via the "conspiracy" mechanism.

You are an idiot. I don't "see" conspiracy where others don't, I see blatant facts. The Bilderberg Group exists, conspiracists didn't make it up you fvckin retard. Bohemian Grove exists, conspiracists didn't make it up, you have no knowledge.

The National Security Adviser under Obama admits that he takes "direct orders" from Henry Kissinger (http://www.examiner.com...) , a man who openly calls for a literal "New World Order" and published essays on it. http://www.thenewamerican.com...

You are so arrogantly uninformed it is painful. Don't sit there and try to armchair psychoanalyze when youre the one who has less information. You didn't know that the Golf of Tonkin has been declassified as an admitted false flag conspiracy. You don't know about Operation Northwoods (http://abcnews.go.com...).

Conspiracists aren't the ones living in fear. Were the ones saying youre statistically more likely to die from bee sting than a terrorist attack, were the ones saying that your more likely to die from a deer jumping in front of your car than get killed by a psycho gunman. You and the mainstream media say be scared of terrorists and give up your rights to be safe.

You probably call George Washington and Paul Revere paranoid conspiracists. Gtfo, you are a braindead idiot making false claims about people with more knowledge than you.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:07:48 PM
At 1/7/2013 5:26:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Alex Jones is using "facts" from the FBI's own records. Piers Morgan can feel free to scrutinize FBI statistics all he wants. http://www.fbi.gov...

Conspiracy theorists always use evidence from the source of whom they believe is behind the conspiracy. The reason for that is because they have no evidence of their own, so instead they work on the false logic that creating suspicion within official records = conspiracy.

This still does not refute the main point. 9/11 Truthers for example will often try to make the case that a missile hit the Pentagon by showing the following eyewitness quote:

"It was like like a cruise missile, with wings"

Nevermind the fact that missiles don't have wings, there is no reason for any normal logical thinking person to know what each of the 136 reported eyewitnesses said off of the top of their head, and therefore may not have an answer. However all you have to do is show the full quote and you realize what is going on here:

"I saw this plane, jet, American Airlines jet coming and I thought, this doesn't add up it's really low and I saw it... just... went... I mean it was like like a cruise missile, with wings."

Conspiracy theorists are trying to use a quote from someone who says they saw an American Airlines jet hit the pentagon... as evidence that a missile hit the Pentagon. For someone to find themselves debating a conspiracy theorists and not know they would need to familiarize them self with this particular eyewitness statement does not validate the theory. What would be interesting is if Alex Jones would debate someone who has followed his claims and spent equal time researching them. Of course only government dis-info agents would do that so if you can refute everything he says you have an anterior motive and therefore should not be listened too.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:18:24 PM
At 1/7/2013 5:14:09 PM, lewis20 wrote:
That's pretty true to an extent. But at the same time most people trying to refute conspiracy theories should at least have a basic understanding of where the other side is coming from and their major issues. I remember on a FOX morning show, the guy stormed off the set because because of the questions Jesse Ventura brought up about 911, which were valid questions. But he was so appalled at someone asking questions that, rather than try to understand both sides, he just stormed off in disgust.

A lot of people will have no part of a conspiracy theory, no matter what evidence they are confronted with. But it is the general understanding of conspiracy theories that feeds into this. To believe in these theories after so much research requires abusive use of confirmation bias. This is where one looks at the evidence, disregards anything that contradicts their theory, and focuses only on what they think leads to it.

It is perfectly reasonable reaction to be disgusted with someone who does this to come to their nonsense conclusions, then use their celebrity status to spread this nonsense to millions of Americans distorting the history of the most tragic day our nation has ever seen in the process.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:23:26 PM
At 1/7/2013 6:07:48 PM, Double_R wrote:
Conspiracy theorists always use evidence from the source of whom they believe is behind the conspiracy.

Oh that is rich. Raising the goal post.

Cites blog: "That's just conjecture."
Cites independent journalist: "Not credible, that guy has no credentials, I dont care what footage he has."
Cites conspiracy site: "Not credible, bs source."
Cites mainstream news article: "Doesn't count, you misconstrued it."
Cites own government records: "You have no evidence of your own."

The reason for that is because they have no evidence of their own, so instead they work on the false logic that creating suspicion within official records = conspiracy.

False. There is evidence revealed by investigative journalism as well as arrogant admissions from the elites themselves. Funny how the evidence coincides with eachother.

This still does not refute the main point. 9/11 Truthers for example will often try to make the case that a missile hit the Pentagon by showing the following eyewitness quote:

"It was like like a cruise missile, with wings"

Nevermind the fact that missiles don't have wings, there is no reason for any normal logical thinking person to know what each of the 136 reported eyewitnesses said off of the top of their head, and therefore may not have an answer. However all you have to do is show the full quote and you realize what is going on here:

"I saw this plane, jet, American Airlines jet coming and I thought, this doesn't add up it's really low and I saw it... just... went... I mean it was like like a cruise missile, with wings."

Conspiracy theorists are trying to use a quote from someone who says they saw an American Airlines jet hit the pentagon... as evidence that a missile hit the Pentagon. For someone to find themselves debating a conspiracy theorists and not know they would need to familiarize them self with this particular eyewitness statement does not validate the theory.

Bla bla bla, I don't care about your isolated strawman case. I nor Alex used that quote to prove anything. But I can tell you that the 9/11 Commission Chairman admitted that the government agreed to lie about 9/11 and that the official story was far from the truth.

What would be interesting is if Alex Jones would debate someone who has followed his claims and spent equal time researching them. Of course only government dis-info agents would do that so if you can refute everything he says you have an anterior motive and therefore should not be listened too.

Alex Jones debated Lord David de Rothschild on his own topic. The young Rothschild writes books on global warming and is part of the U.N. global governance efforts to create environmentalist green tyranny and Alex beat Rothschild at his own game. Global warming hoax is not Alex's area of expertise yet he beat Rothschild who advocates global warning control for a living. Alex Jones is that well researched.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:42:25 PM
At 1/7/2013 6:18:24 PM, Double_R wrote:

A lot of people will have no part of a conspiracy theory, no matter what evidence they are confronted with. But it is the general understanding of conspiracy theories that feeds into this. To believe in these theories after so much research requires abusive use of confirmation bias. This is where one looks at the evidence, disregards anything that contradicts their theory, and focuses only on what they think leads to it.

It is perfectly reasonable reaction to be disgusted with someone who does this to come to their nonsense conclusions, then use their celebrity status to spread this nonsense to millions of Americans distorting the history of the most tragic day our nation has ever seen in the process.

I'm not talking about believing in theories, I'm talking about not being able to ask questions and get answers. You aren't disregarding anything by asking questions about things that don't line up. You can't say everything about it has been explained and that there's no room for questioning. It's nonsense to say somehow you are distorting history by trying to discover the truth of that history. It's to demagogue an issue as untouchable as " the most tragic day our nation has ever seen" and thus it's not open to any further investigation.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:42:56 PM
At 1/7/2013 4:33:41 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

I'm not joking, that's according to Wikipedia.

"Dershowitz is strongly opposed to firearms ownership and the"Second Amendment, and supports repealing the amendment."
-- http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

And yes, I will paint ideas as the worst thing in the world because they are. Some ideas I disagree with I acknowledge to be valid, but authoritarianism, economic terrorism, eugenics, and any Liberal platforms that support these things will be talked about in a way that exposes their true colors. I'm not gonna sympathize Fascism of Nazi Germany and present it as valid alternative.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2013 6:56:34 PM
At 1/7/2013 6:23:26 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Oh that is rich. Raising the goal post.

Cites blog: "That's just conjecture."
Cites independent journalist: "Not credible, that guy has no credentials, I dont care what footage he has."
Cites conspiracy site: "Not credible, bs source."
Cites mainstream news article: "Doesn't count, you misconstrued it."
Cites own government records: "You have no evidence of your own."

Pretty much all true, although you exaggerate them nicely in your favor. Conspiracy theorists have no information which the rest of us do not have. Validating a theory requires logic, not a source from someone else claiming the same thing. This applies to blogs, conspiracy sites, and independent journalists. If you misconstrue a news article then it doesn't count. The same goes with government records. That's common sense.

False. There is evidence revealed by investigative journalism as well as arrogant admissions from the elites themselves. Funny how the evidence coincides with eachother.

Right. Arrogant because they just enjoy telling the world about their plans to take over and watch how no one except Alex Jones and his listeners can figure it out. It must really bother you just how much of a kick they are getting out of all this.

Bla bla bla, I don't care about your isolated strawman case. I nor Alex used that quote to prove anything. But I can tell you that the 9/11 Commission Chairman admitted that the government agreed to lie about 9/11 and that the official story was far from the truth.

Which means nothing. The Chairman never claimed there was a conspiracy before or during the attacks, and your reasoning doesn't lead to that conclusion.

Alex Jones debated Lord David de Rothschild on his own topic. The young Rothschild writes books on global warming and is part of the U.N. global governance efforts to create environmentalist green tyranny and Alex beat Rothschild at his own game. Global warming hoax is not Alex's area of expertise yet he beat Rothschild who advocates global warning control for a living. Alex Jones is that well researched.

Being well researched is completely different from being correct. I discussed that a few posts ago. You might want to read it.