Jump to topic:

W.H. addresses Piers Morgan petition

TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 9:13:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here we come. After ultraconservative radio host Alex Jones made an exceedingly impressive show on CNN (~14 minutes), White House released an official response to the 'We The People' petition to deport CNN host Piers Morgan for "attacking the Second Amendment":

Thank you for participating in We the People to speak out on an issue that matters to you.

Let"s not let arguments over the Constitution"s Second Amendment violate the spirit of its First. President Obama believes that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. However, the Constitution not only guarantees an individual right to bear arms, but also enshrines the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press " fundamental principles that are essential to our democracy. Americans may disagree on matters of public policy and express those disagreements vigorously, but no one should be punished by the government simply because he or she expressed a view on the Second Amendment " or any other matter of public concern.

We recognize that the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, sparked an intense, and at times emotional, national conversation about the steps we can take as a country to reduce gun violence. In fact, your petition is one of many on the issue, and President Obama personally responded by sharing his views on this important issue. [See video].

The petition, created by talk radio host Alex Jones, received more than 100,000 signatures.

So, what will be Jones next move then?
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 9:17:40 PM
Using actual Tyranny and ignoring rights because you're afraid of tyranny and losing your rights. Humans amaze me.
#BlackLivesMatter
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 9:36:51 PM
Damn it, I was sure that was going to work and Piers Morgan would've been deported.

Still waiting on the Death Start response. I'm sure the White House will agree to take part in that because we signed a petition.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2013 11:23:55 PM
At 1/9/2013 9:36:51 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Damn it, I was sure that was going to work and Piers Morgan would've been deported.

Still waiting on the Death Start response. I'm sure the White House will agree to take part in that because we signed a petition.

So....what's this, a lame name for some super weapon?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2013 9:46:03 AM
Paul Joseph Watson (Infowars) response:

"The fact that the first amendment does not apply to non-citizens was established in the Supreme Court"s affirmation of Bluman v. FEC in January 2012. The court"s decision rubber-stamped"a District Court decision which found under its first amendment analysis that, "The United States has a compelling interest in limiting the participation of foreign citizens in such activities, and "thereby preventing foreign influence over the U.S. political process."

Legal precedent also dictates that foreign nationals can be deported from the United States for subversion against the Constitution. In"Harisiades v. Shaugnessy (1952)
, the US Supreme Court upheld Harisiades" deportation by ruling that the first amendment did not protect Harisiades" membership of the Communist Party."

http://www.infowars.com...

Wall Street Journal says White House wrong, Alex Jones right: http://dailycaller.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 2:11:33 PM
Oh ok. So only immigrants who share our opinion should be allowed to stay here? Anybody else needs to pack their sh*t.
#BlackLivesMatter
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 3:47:49 PM
At 1/11/2013 2:11:33 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Oh ok. So only immigrants who share our opinion should be allowed to stay here? Anybody else needs to pack their sh*t.

Stop equating "opinion" with "subversion of the Constitution."

Were not saying you can't have opinions, but you cannot undermine the Constitution.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 4:04:51 PM
At 1/11/2013 3:47:49 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Were not saying you can't have opinions, but you cannot undermine the Constitution.

I can't believe you're defending this bullsh!t. You really want to go down the road of calling for the deportation of people who hold 'subversive' opinions? Discrimination of people holding "subversive opinions" is a common feature of totalitarian states, and for good reason. You're defending big brother.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:01:51 PM
At 1/11/2013 4:04:51 PM, Kinesis wrote:

I can't believe you're defending this bullsh!t. You really want to go down the road of calling for the deportation of people who hold 'subversive' opinions? Discrimination of people holding "subversive opinions" is a common feature of totalitarian states, and for good reason. You're defending big brother.

No, he is defending America and the constitution from a subversive foreign national trying to undermine the constitution.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:04:50 PM

Why the hell not? If anything, you're letting the Constitution be a tyrant.
Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:09:39 PM
First, the Bill of Rights does not just apply to US citizens; it applies to all foreigners on US soil. James Madison made that very clear; I think he knows better what his intent was than Clarence Thomas and the tyrant Scalia. Second, I don't understand how Piers Morgan is being subversive and stealing your rights. He's expressing his opinion. He's not actually instituting a gun ban. He's not a member of the government and he's not enacting policy. Third, the 2nd Amendment only protects you from the government; it doesn't protect you from private citizens. If I don't want you bringing guns into my home, I'm justified in not permitting you to to have them.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:24:21 PM

F*ck the constitution. How about that? You're going to deport me? Is Piers Morgan in a position of power? No, he's a hack with a tv show. You're literally saying " You can believe in what you want, as long as it doesn't contradict what we believe in". Now who's oppressive? Now who's tyrannical?
#BlackLivesMatter
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 6:47:47 PM

I can't believe you're defending this bullsh!t. You really want to go down the road of calling for the deportation of people who hold 'subversive' opinions? Discrimination of people holding "subversive opinions" is a common feature of totalitarian states, and for good reason.

1. Were saying to culturally deport him like Britain. However, were saying that technically he could be legally deported to point out the seriousness of the offense.

2. You are being blatantly dishonest by saying "you won't let people have opinions." NO. Were saying that FOREIGNER criminals can't come to our country and use our national press to say get rid of the 2nd Amendment and call our Constitution "your little book." Alex said he did it toungue and cheek to make a statement and point out that if anybody else did that somewhere else, no country would even tolerate that in the slightest.

You're defending big brother.

Uh no, I'm defending the Constitution, I think that is clear.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 7:01:40 PM
At 1/11/2013 6:24:21 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
F*ck the constitution. How about that? You're going to deport me? Is Piers Morgan in a position of power? No, he's a hack with a tv show. You're literally saying " You can believe in what you want, as long as it doesn't contradict what we believe in". Now who's oppressive? Now who's tyrannical?

I bet if Hitler came to America you would say "let him stay, he can be a fascist all he wants, so what if he wants to take over and burn the Constitution, free country!"

No, not a free country for long if we let fascism cultivate. Piers Morgan 3 weeks ago declared on Twitter British supremacy and that he's coming to conquer America. That's why Alex called him a Redcoat.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 7:04:44 PM
At 1/11/2013 7:01:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I bet if Hitler came to America you would say "let him stay, he can be a fascist all he wants, so what if he wants to take over and burn the Constitution, free country!"
I would.

No, not a free country for long if we let fascism cultivate. Piers Morgan 3 weeks ago declared on Twitter British supremacy and that he's coming to conquer America. That's why Alex called him a Redcoat.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 7:33:46 PM
At 1/11/2013 7:01:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Absolutely. That's America. Do we not have white supremacist in this country? They have a right to say whatever they want. Once they act however, they will be acted upon.

Yes. A lone man who is not even taken seriously in his own country is going completely conquer ours. By talking.

You believe we should carry firearms but we should be deported for speaking out against the establishment. Oh but only the part of the establishment you disagree with though.

You post a lot about how we should fear the global elite. That they're dangerous and a threat to us all but look what you're willing to do. You and Alex Jones, you're a threat. The 100, 000 people who signed that petition, they're a threat. Because you believe we should be able to kill but not speak.
#BlackLivesMatter
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2013 8:23:16 PM
At 1/11/2013 7:33:46 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Absolutely. That's America. Do we not have white supremacist in this country? They have a right to say whatever they want. Once they act however, they will be acted upon.

Yes. A lone man who is not even taken seriously in his own country is going completely conquer ours. By talking.

You believe we should carry firearms but we should be deported for speaking out against the establishment. Oh but only the part of the establishment you disagree with though.

You post a lot about how we should fear the global elite. That they're dangerous and a threat to us all but look what you're willing to do. You and Alex Jones, you're a threat. The 100, 000 people who signed that petition, they're a threat. Because you believe we should be able to kill but not speak.

Rubbish. I support:

- Right to self-defense from criminals and tyranny
- Free speech and the entire Constitution

We never said to have the government use force to get Piers Morgan out. Alex explicitly said that he wants to culturally deport Piers Morgan like Britain did. Alex is using his 1st Amendment right by saying get this British Redcoat fascist out of here.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 10:39:07 AM
At 1/11/2013 8:23:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Rubbish. I support:

We never said to have the government use force to get Piers Morgan out. Alex explicitly said that he wants to culturally deport Piers Morgan like Britain did. Alex is using his 1st Amendment right by saying get this British Redcoat fascist out of here.

Right, that's why there was a petition to the White House, and you are disagreeing with the government's response, because you don't want the government to use any force.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 10:41:41 AM

Yeah, and we should have deported all those that supported any change to the constitution, like the 13th amendment or the 19th amendment. How dare they, those damn fascist blacks and women, get back to the damn kitchen and fields!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 10:54:10 AM
At 1/11/2013 6:01:51 PM, sadolite wrote:

No, he is defending America and the constitution from a subversive foreign national trying to undermine the constitution.

Through using a government to deport those who disagree with his opinion. Interpretation is necessarily opinion.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 10:55:17 AM
Explain how you culturally deport someone by using the executive branch of government.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:11:11 AM
At 1/12/2013 10:55:17 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Explain how you culturally deport someone by using the executive branch of government.

One can try to defame Morgan as a foreign spy, sent by the British authority to undermine the United State stability and domestic tranquillity. Then the State Department, on behalf of "We the people", would rightfully deport Ms.Morgan. Isn't that Johns' plan?
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:30:18 AM
At 1/11/2013 8:23:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Rubbish. I support:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL (continued for give or take four hours)

ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2013 11:34:38 AM
Hey Geo, I'm curious about your position on politicla issues. Where are you on the political spectrum? OR are you a stealth-marketer of some sort?