Jump to topic:

Obama is doing what.....?????

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:12:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
President Obama is holding a press conference at noon today. The White House leaked information stating that the President wild surround himself with "young children" when he announces his gun control reform.

......How much more obvious can you get? A policy based purely on emotional appeal. Where have we seen that before?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:30:19 AM
At 1/16/2013 8:12:05 AM, Heineken wrote:
President Obama is holding a press conference at noon today. The White House leaked information stating that the President wild surround himself with "young children" when he announces his gun control reform.

......How much more obvious can you get? A policy based purely on emotional appeal. Where have we seen that before?

Hmmm....Communist Russa, Nazi Germany?

LINK please?
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:32:50 AM

Snowflake babies being used by Bush to give an anti-abortion speech?

Post-9/11 invasion of 2 countries that had nothing to do with 9/11 (because the one which did was, and is, our ally)?

Presidential witch hunt over a blow job and the transformation of a cigar into a sex toy?

Calling John McCain a "maverick" because he covered his own hind parts in the Abramoff scandal, but in doing so went against others in his party who weren't as skilled at weaseling out of slimy holes as he was?

McCain/Palin ticket jumping ahead of Obama/Biden because Sarah Palin is one hot piece of @ss?

Nope...this must be the 1st time it's happened. I mean, politics are so often about straight shooting honesty, this just doesn't seem right.

Shame on you president Obama...shame on you.

Good day.

I SAID, GOOD DAY!
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:34:52 AM
At 1/16/2013 8:32:50 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Post-9/11 invasion of 2 countries that had nothing to do with 9/11 (because the one which did was, and is, our ally)?

Presidential witch hunt over a blow job and the transformation of a cigar into a sex toy?

Calling John McCain a "maverick" because he covered his own hind parts in the Abramoff scandal, but in doing so went against others in his party who weren't as skilled at weaseling out of slimy holes as he was?

McCain/Palin ticket jumping ahead of Obama/Biden because Sarah Palin is one hot piece of @ss?

Nope...this must be the 1st time it's happened. I mean, politics are so often about straight shooting honesty, this just doesn't seem right.

Good day.

I SAID, GOOD DAY!

+1.
The Great Wall of Fail

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:38:55 AM
At 1/16/2013 8:32:50 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Good day.

I SAID, GOOD DAY!

All great examples. So you agree? Obama is a dishonest politician, just like those listed above.

Good Day indeed.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:43:26 AM
At 1/16/2013 8:30:19 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:

LINK please?
http://books.google.com...

The Welfare state....
"I have 3 kids. Who's gonna pay for them? I sure can't. I'm pregnant with my 4th kid. I can't work."
Vidi, vici, veni.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:46:43 AM
Yes, I agree. I guess my point was, I have no idea how anyone would find it surprising, let alone shocking.

Sex sells, but when you can't get in touch with Jenna Jameson's publicist, you whip out the puppies, kitties and the little kids.

Welcome to the post-television era of American Politics. I advise you sit back and enjoy the show, 'cause there ain't much else you can do without giving yourself a heart attack.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:56:11 AM
Oh, I'm not "heart attack" mad. I'm pretty disgusted by the act, but I'm also entertained.

If the NRA surrounded itself by a group of kids and aid:" We want to place a guard in every school to keep these children safe..."

...the President would publicly sh*t a brick and demonize the hell out of the NRA for using kids as a human shield for their policy.
Vidi, vici, veni.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:03:26 AM

Emotion is a very powerful weapon indeed. I have seen no problem. Mission accomplished.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:10:31 AM
At 1/16/2013 8:56:11 AM, Heineken wrote:
Oh, I'm not "heart attack" mad. I'm pretty disgusted by the act, but I'm also entertained.

If the NRA surrounded itself by a group of kids and aid:" We want to place a guard in every school to keep these children safe..."

...the President would publicly sh*t a brick and demonize the hell out of the NRA for using kids as a human shield for their policy.

Ooh..."using kids as a human shield". I like that. Did you make that up or did you read it in the article you linked?

Either way, I like it. I predict the 1st program on FOXNews that comes on after the press conference will use it.

I'm laying 3:1 odds.

Any takers?

(yes, MSNBC would do the same thing if the gun was in the other holster...)

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:20:00 AM

He's probably surrounding himself with young children because he needs a shield to protect him from the responding bullets .
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:24:33 AM
At 1/16/2013 9:10:31 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Ooh..."using kids as a human shield". I like that. Did you make that up or did you read it in the article you linked?

Either way, I like it. I predict the 1st program on FOXNews that comes on after the press conference will use it.

Any takers?

We all thought of it, so of course Fox will think of it...no doubt there are "human shield" headlines in our future.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:31:59 AM
I'm gonna hop the short bus, then, 'cause that one didn't even occur to me. I feel small and insignificant right now.

Hold me.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 9:56:25 AM
Well, I actually thought of it, but I'm a teacup short of a cupboard...so I'm sure the FOX think-tank will headline the term within seconds of the conference.
Vidi, vici, veni.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:23:16 AM
At 1/16/2013 9:10:31 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Any takers?

(yes, MSNBC would do the same thing if the gun was in the other holster...)

I would include word "victims" as well.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:31:26 AM

LINK please?

"The announcement -- the product of a task force led by Vice President Biden -- is cloaked in controversy. That the announcement would include children as a backdrop added another level.
Roger Pilon, with the libertarian-leaning Cato Institute, criticized the staging as "tacky," saying Obama has "carved up the population on a very emotional issue."

http://www.foxnews.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 10:34:35 AM

Everywhere.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 11:33:52 AM
At 1/16/2013 10:34:35 AM, drafterman wrote:

Everywhere.

Well, technically all policy is based on emotional appeal, since one cannot feel satisfaction, dissapointment, and so forth of a policy without emotion.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 12:19:04 PM
A policy based purely on emotional appeal. Where have we seen that before?

On Fox when they were arguing that progressives are trying to impeded on "your" 2nd amendment rights.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 12:24:49 PM
At 1/16/2013 12:19:04 PM, Double_R wrote:

On Fox when they were arguing that progressives are trying to impeded on "your" 2nd amendment rights.

How is that based purely on emotional appeal when they give the statistics, data, and *gasp* evidence for impeding on 2nd amendment rights. Someone makes a big omission there.
The Great Wall of Fail

Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 1:02:34 PM

LINK please?

"I have a dream" speech. Gettysburg address.
#BlackLivesMatter
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 1:13:07 PM
At 1/16/2013 12:24:49 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

How is that based purely on emotional appeal when they give the statistics, data, and *gasp* evidence for impeding on 2nd amendment rights. Someone makes a big omission there.

It's an argument based entirely on appeal to emotion. Universal background checks, limiting magazine sizes, better mental health screening, agree or disagree are all solutions to a problem. Responding with the equivilent of "their coming for your guns!" is no different then someone saying "oh the poor children!".
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 1:14:56 PM
Or maybe the were their to help remind people why he is doing what he is doing. The man can;t make a move without some one accusing him of something deceitful. Obama is doing exactly what anyother president would do in his shoes. But then I guess this is all part of being president. Its not like the ban is unreasonable. At least thats my opinion.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 1:30:47 PM
At 1/16/2013 1:13:07 PM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/16/2013 12:24:49 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

It's an argument based entirely on appeal to emotion. Universal background checks, limiting magazine sizes, better mental health screening, agree or disagree are all solutions to a problem. Responding with the equivilent of "their coming for your guns!" is no different then someone saying "oh the poor children!".

https://www.youtube.com...
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 1:35:04 PM
At 1/16/2013 1:14:56 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Or maybe the were their to help remind people why he is doing what he is doing. The man can;t make a move without some one accusing him of something deceitful. Obama is doing exactly what anyother president would do in his shoes. But then I guess this is all part of being president. Its not like the ban is unreasonable. At least thats my opinion.

Remind who? We all know why this topic is hot.

Funny thing, this wasn't a priority for Chicago when Obama was charged with stewardship over those people. That city is already on track to matching the Sandy Hook death toll and the local police have confiscated 180 guns this year. The article was written on 1/08/2013 and Obama's little city on the lake has a homicide count of 12 (gun related).

Chicago listed 506 homicides last year. The U.S. had a 4.6 per 100k homicide rate in 2012. That's about 14.3k people dead. Chicago owns almost 5% of the national homicide count. The Sandy Hook massacre (tragic as it was ) accounts for .25%.

Why did .25% trump 5%?...because children sell an agenda much better than a dead gangbanger. That's why the snake surrounded himself with kids for his press
conference.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com... [1]
Vidi, vici, veni.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 1:42:39 PM
At 1/16/2013 1:35:04 PM, Heineken wrote:

Funny thing, this wasn't a priority for Chicago when Obama was charged with stewardship over those people. That city is already on track to matching the Sandy Hook death toll and the local police have confiscated 180 guns this year. The article was written on 1/08/2013 and Obama's little city on the lake has a homicide count of 12 (gun related).

Chicago listed 506 homicides last year. The U.S. had a 4.6 per 100k homicide rate in 2012. That's about 14.3k people dead. Chicago owns almost 5% of the national homicide count. The Sandy Hook massacre (tragic as it was ) accounts for .25%.

Why did .25% trump 5%?...because children sell an agenda much better than a dead gangbanger. That's why the snake surrounded himself with kids for his press
conference.

Haha what the hell are you talking about? Snake? Snake how? He didn't do anything, you still have your guns but you're acting as if this whole Sandy Hook thing was an excuse for him to disarm you. But he didn't. And won't. Quit being a goddamn idiot, the people of America dont care about some gangbanger getting shot. They're desensitized to it. 20 kids get shot, regardless of the numbers, regardless of the statistics, he can not just say "Oh well sh1t happens. We're kinda powerless against it. Big deal"
#BlackLivesMatter
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 2:00:09 PM
White house proposal.

http://www.nytimes.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 2:00:12 PM

conference.

Well to remind you. And all the people claiming this is part of an agenda. I dont think he believes anything trumps anything. The sandy hook shooting was just a final straw. Chicagos death tool has always been high. But with the recent increase in mass shootings lately enolving assualt weapons and extended magazines, I just think he felt that something needed to be done. As far as the kids go, maybe he did have them up there to help sell the idea but I don't think that is a bad thing. The law, at least in his mind, needs to be passed. I don't blame him for doing whats he needs to do to gain support. Espacially given the circumstances.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 2:02:15 PM
At 1/16/2013 1:42:39 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

conference.

Haha what the hell are you talking about? Snake? Snake how?

Forked tongue. Underhanded. Opportunist. Hypocrite. Crawls on his belly and he's cold-blooded.

He didn't do anything,
I know. His list of demands are anything but "meaningful action.

you still have your guns but you're acting as if this whole Sandy Hook thing was an excuse for him to disarm you.
No, it wasn't. The whole Sandy Hook thing gave him the opportunity to wage war on republicans in a whole new arena WITH support (because dead children inherently tug on heart-strings). This is another notch in the belt to secure a Democratic Congress during mid-term elections.

"Remember that meaningful action I took to protect kids?" Bam! low-information voter base just increased.

But he didn't. And won't.
..because he can't. It's illegal.

Quit being a goddamn idiot,
Fvck you too buddy.

the people of America dont care about some gangbanger getting shot.
Obviously.

They're desensitized to it.
That would suggest that at one point, they where sensitive to it. When did America care about dead minorities that aren't shown being beaten by Cops on camera?

20 kids get shot, regardless of the numbers, regardless of the statistics, he can not just say "Oh well sh1t happens. We're kinda powerless against it. Big deal"

Why would he? It's a huge political opportunity. If he wanted meaningful action, the topic wouldn't be so politicized. Remember how nice the 3 branches played with each other during 911? Congress stood on the steps of the capitol building and held hands singing 'God bless America'.

Let me know when you see both sides hold hands to lament the dead children.

This is about mid-term elections and possibly...just maybe...a small step to eliminating the 2nd amendment (but that's still inconclusive).
Vidi, vici, veni.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 2:23:47 PM
At 1/16/2013 2:02:15 PM, Heineken wrote:
At 1/16/2013 1:42:39 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

conference.

Haha what the hell are you talking about? Snake? Snake how?

Forked tongue. Underhanded. Opportunist. Hypocrite. Crawls on his belly and he's cold-blooded.
How? I don't see it.

He didn't do anything,
I know. His list of demands are anything but "meaningful action.
So....

you still have your guns but you're acting as if this whole Sandy Hook thing was an excuse for him to disarm you.
No, it wasn't. The whole Sandy Hook thing gave him the opportunity to wage war on republicans in a whole new arena WITH support (because dead children inherently tug on heart-strings). This is another notch in the belt to secure a Democratic Congress during mid-term elections.
So he set this whole thing up to get more democrats elected? Or it just happened to happen and he's taking advantage by "waging war on republicans". Has he blamed any of them for the shooting? Why are they even fighting against him?

"Remember that meaningful action I took to protect kids?" Bam! low-information voter base just increased.
So? Would the republicans not do that?

But he didn't. And won't.
..because he can't. It's illegal.
Exactly. He also doesn't want to.

Quit being a goddamn idiot,
Fvck you too buddy.

the people of America dont care about some gangbanger getting shot.
Obviously.

They're desensitized to it.
That would suggest that at one point, they where sensitive to it. When did America care about dead minorities that aren't shown being beaten by Cops on camera?

True and as a minority I find that heartbreaking. But it is what it is.

20 kids get shot, regardless of the numbers, regardless of the statistics, he can not just say "Oh well sh1t happens. We're kinda powerless against it. Big deal"

Why would he? It's a huge political opportunity. If he wanted meaningful action, the topic wouldn't be so politicized. Remember how nice the 3 branches played with each other during 911? Congress stood on the steps of the capitol building and held hands singing 'God bless America'.
What's your point here?

Let me know when you see both sides hold hands to lament the dead children.
So republicans need to start trying to hold hands and not screaming "NOT MY GUNS! YOU CAN'T HAVE MY GUNS". Besides 9/11 and the recent shootings are not in the same ballpark. They arent even the same damn sport.

This is about mid-term elections and possibly...just maybe...a small step to eliminating the 2nd amendment (but that's still inconclusive).

No this is about people being scared thier children will be shot to death in school.
#BlackLivesMatter