Jump to topic:

Armor Piercing Bullets

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 6:17:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm honestly on the fence with this. Does the second amendment allow us to restrict the purchase/importation of armor piercing bullets if non-armor piercing bullets are still allowed?

Note that it already allows us to restrict purchase/importation of machine guns, rocket launchers, etc. However, any new restriction to the second amendment must be able to pass strict scrutiny by SCOTUS (which mandatory trigger-locks did not).
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 6:24:23 PM
I'm not sure exactly how they define armor piercing rounds, but from what I know any rifle bullet used in hunting would penetrate body armor and is considered an armor piercing round.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 6:29:44 PM
According to wikipedia a 7.62 NATO round above 150 grain is armor piercing, but usually 150 grain is the minimum bullet used for hunting.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 6:32:24 PM
This video goes over what the Supreme Court says about gun restrictions.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 6:54:09 PM
I say we open the floodgates. If someone wants an RPG, he should be able to buy one. I myself would like a tank. M1A3 to be exact. Those aint even out yet. I'm wanna be the first nigga with it.
#BlackLivesMatter
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 7:16:44 PM
At 1/16/2013 6:54:09 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I say we open the floodgates. If someone wants an RPG, he should be able to buy one. I myself would like a tank. M1A3 to be exact. Those aint even out yet. I'm wanna be the first nigga with it.

PSH costs 9 million, you couldn't get one if you wanted. Also its perfectly legal to own a tank. Private military forces get whatever weapons they want.

The threads about armor piercing rounds, most people don't realize the term armor piercing round isn't define-able

quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:00:12 PM
At 1/16/2013 7:16:44 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 1/16/2013 6:54:09 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

PSH costs 9 million, you couldn't get one if you wanted. Also its perfectly legal to own a tank. Private military forces get whatever weapons they want.

The threads about armor piercing rounds, most people don't realize the term armor piercing round isn't define-able

What people don't seem to understand is that heavy military weaponry (RPGs, Tanks, Grenades, Stingers, etc), is completely counter intuitive for use by criminals. They don't like getting captured or killed. Firing a rocket launcher at a bank makes that impossible. It's precisely why semi-auto rifles, despite being only a couple hundred bucks more than pistols and being just as legal, are used in a fraction of a percent of gun crimes, despite being much more powerful and deadly.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:05:58 PM
At 1/16/2013 8:00:12 PM, quarterexchange wrote:

What people don't seem to understand is that heavy military weaponry (RPGs, Tanks, Grenades, Stingers, etc), is completely counter intuitive for use by criminals. They don't like getting captured or killed. Firing a rocket launcher at a bank makes that impossible. It's precisely why semi-auto rifles, despite being only a couple hundred bucks more than pistols and being just as legal, are used in a fraction of a percent of gun crimes, despite being much more powerful and deadly.

So naturally, if we legalized weapons that were not only very conspicuous when transported and used, but cost thousands of dollars to purchase, a decent amount of skill to operate and maintain, hours of maintenance, thousands of more dollars to be able to purchase ammunition, etc. The likelihood of a heavy weapon being used by criminals whose goal is to make a profit, and live another day, is almost 0.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.