GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 6:58:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

Watch the video in the article. A gun expert explains that:

- Hunting rifles that pierce three people with one bullet are more deadly than some military semi-autos that stop at one person.

- Semi-auto means pull the trigger once, one bullet comes out.

- Pistol grips, extendable stocks, and other characteristics have nothing to do with enhancing deadly force or putting lives at more risk.

- Hand guns are used in the majority of violent crimes.

- It's easy to just have multiple 10 round magazines and swap them almost as quick as having a large magazine therefore no lives being saved by this measure. When facing a group of unarmed people cornered in a gun-free classroom, you have all day to swap clips.

- Hunting rifles have armor piercing bullets.

Given the above, Obama's measures absolutely do not have anything to do with saving lives, decreasing risk, or anything of value, in fact they are only harmful measures.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 7:15:35 PM
At 1/16/2013 7:05:42 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Yeah no $hit. What are you complaining about? That he DIDN'T take your guns?

The fact that he's banning scary looking guns rather than unnecessarily dangerous weapons is proof he doesn't care about safety and human lives.

He's doing Totalitarian Tip Toe. And why do you presume I don't have guns that are on the soon-to-be banned list? Fortunately I strategically purchased the most powerful and accurate firearm possible that has no chance of being banned.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 7:32:00 PM
At 1/16/2013 6:58:05 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com...

Watch the video in the article. A gun expert explains that:

- Hunting rifles that pierce three people with one bullet are more deadly than some military semi-autos that stop at one person.

Who do you think would use a hunting rifle to murder people? Besides, if you compare semi-autos to bazooka or something else. You would conclude that semi-auto may not be harmful at all.

- Hand guns are used in the majority of violent crimes.
Yes. Because it is convenient. Just because the legislation cannot solve all the problems, the legislation is completely useless? What about the background check?

It is premature to call that President Obama's plan is utterly useless. Some provision could be useful, while some may not.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2013 8:13:46 PM
I live in CA, and we have some major gun control laws here. However, that doesn't stop many people from illegaly owning assault rifles, sub-machine guns, or even LMG's. I've been into houses where guys had barely any room in there houses to walk becase there was so many weapons; I'm talking sh*t str8 out of the movies.

I know guys who were selling AK's by the crate in riverside.

My concern, is what if some guy(s) break into my house with sub-machine guns or even AKs. What am I supposed to use against that? A pistol? A pump action shotgun? Or am I just supposed to hide in my 2 bedroom apartment and hope they don't find me and family before the cops get there?..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2013 5:16:26 PM
Marco Rubio: Obama doesn't have the guts to admit that he wants to get rid of the 2nd Amendment.

http://video.foxnews.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 11:20:34 PM
- It's easy to just have multiple 10 round magazines and swap them almost as quick as having a large magazine therefore no lives being saved by this measure. When facing a group of unarmed people cornered in a gun-free classroom, you have all day to swap clips.

So no one's ever simply tackled a shooter as he attempted to reload?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 11:46:49 PM
At 1/19/2013 11:20:34 PM, CarefulNow wrote:

Have fun with that.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2013 11:49:20 PM
You're right.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 12:00:44 AM

1st of all, would you? Secondly, three round bursts are more effective for killing, anyway, that's why nearly all new automatic assault weapons have a full, semi and semi3 setting on them.

Full auto weapons rise on the shooter, even the experienced one (that's why you see old gangsters with Tommy Guns shooting from the hip).

HOWEVER, you can have 6 or more concealed handguns on your person and start unloading them one at a time on whatever group of people you want to inflict maximum damage.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 12:02:03 AM
At 1/20/2013 12:00:44 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

1st of all, would you? Secondly, three round bursts are more effective for killing, anyway, that's why nearly all new automatic assault weapons have a full, semi and semi3 setting on them.

Full auto weapons rise on the shooter, even the experienced one (that's why you see old gangsters with Tommy Guns shooting from the hip).

HOWEVER, you can have 6 or more concealed handguns on your person and start unloading them one at a time on whatever group of people you want to inflict maximum damage.

Actually, with 2 ankle revolvers, you could have 8 and walk unencumbered such that most people wouldn't notice.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 7:52:26 AM
At 1/19/2013 11:46:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Have fun with that.

It was a rhetorical question. Hell, the Tuscon shooter was taken down by a 74-year-old. But you're right, we can't trust teachers to do that. We can, however, trust them to teach and secure a gun at the same time, all day every day, in preparation for the dumbest school shooter in history, who starts killing students before targeting the only other armed person in the room.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 8:54:38 AM
At 1/20/2013 7:52:26 AM, CarefulNow wrote:
It was a rhetorical question. Hell, the Tuscon shooter was taken down by a 74-year-old. But you're right, we can't trust teachers to do that. We can, however, trust them to teach and secure a gun at the same time, all day every day, in preparation for the dumbest school shooter in history, who starts killing students before targeting the only other armed person in the room.

The whole point of concealed carry is that the shooter won't know who's armed and who isn't. I know, here in the midwest at least, you encounter people carrying a gun all the time and never know it.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 9:55:35 AM

Lol. I can make an illegal 20 round magezine with two 10 round magezines. All I need is tape.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:16:27 AM
At 1/20/2013 8:54:38 AM, lewis20 wrote:

The whole point of concealed carry is that the shooter won't know who's armed and who isn't. I know, here in the midwest at least, you encounter people carrying a gun all the time and never know it.

I don't see the relevance. If anything, concealed carry would be more effective at deterring violence from less automatic weapons with smaller clips. The more people a criminal can kill (start with the ones wearing camouflage or anything with a Confederate flag on it) before a concealed carrier would be able to react, the more concealed carry would incentivize him to do just that (aggravate the crime, in the typical case in which maximizing casualties isn't the original intent).
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 11:31:38 AM
At 1/20/2013 11:16:27 AM, CarefulNow wrote:

I don't see the relevance. If anything, concealed carry would be more effective at deterring violence from less automatic weapons with smaller clips. The more people a criminal can kill (start with the ones wearing camouflage or anything with a Confederate flag on it) before a concealed carrier would be able to react, the more concealed carry would incentivize him to do just that (aggravate the crime, in the typical case in which maximizing casualties isn't the original intent).

So its bad because a normal criminal might be paranoid that the people around him are armed and starts shooting people they normally wouldn't have shot?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
CarefulNow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 12:47:00 PM
At 1/20/2013 11:31:38 AM, lewis20 wrote:
So its bad because a normal criminal might be paranoid that the people around him are armed and starts shooting people they normally wouldn't have shot?

I never said concealed carry's bad; I don't think it's worth the implicit legality of guns, but that's another conversation. But, yes, it stands to reason that a criminal armed with automic weapons and large magazines in a concealed carry environment is more likely to aggravate the crime with murder than either a less well-armed criminal or a criminal that knows he has little to fear from civilians. But it's only paranoia if people don't, in fact, concealed carry.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2013 1:29:37 PM
At 1/20/2013 11:31:38 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 1/20/2013 11:16:27 AM, CarefulNow wrote:

That's what gangbangers do.
#BlackLivesMatter