Total Posts:209|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

imabench: Don't insult mass murderers

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:14:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
imabench says that calling out Obama at his pre-inauguration is being a dick. He says that even if you're a mass murderer, you should be respected on your special day.

Is he right? Mass murderers should be allowed to have an inauguration day free of any criticism?

"an inauguration is sort of like a birthday party, if you show up just to talk sh*t about the birthday boy in front of everyone, youre just being a dick and you should leave."
http://www.debate.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 10:15:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Proof of mass murder
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:04:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 10:14:32 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
imabench says that calling out Obama at his pre-inauguration is being a dick.

So far so good....

He says that even if you're a mass murderer, you should be respected on your special day.

Theres the typical Geo that we all know......

In another thread, someone brought up how rapper Lupe Fiasco was removed from the presidential inauguration because Lupe openly hated Obama, in fact Lupe had several songs in which he was hyper-critical of Obama and called him a terrorist among other things. Lupe legit has made songs in which he just talks sh*t about Obama, and somehow Lupe got invited to the inauguration. I dont know how that happened, but I supported the removal of the rapper from the inauguration by using the analogy above to illustrate how I see nothing wrong with disrespectful people being removed from an event because they cant learn to be respectful.

Is he right? Mass murderers should be allowed to have an inauguration day free of any criticism?

Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people.

Now when you take into accounts Geo's blind hatred for liberals, the left, Obama, the government, and logic itself, Its more then easy to figure out that Geo is once again taking reality and distorting it to a laughable degree to try to make someone he doesnt like look bad....

"an inauguration is sort of like a birthday party, if you show up just to talk sh*t about the birthday boy in front of everyone, youre just being a dick and you should leave."
http://www.debate.org...

Geo, just because someone disagrees with Obama, it doesnt mean that they have a right to go on stage and be disrespectful to the person the event is being held for.

If Ron Paul was being inaugurated, a person shouldnt be allowed to go on stage and sing about how Ron Paul was named one of the most corrupt people in Congress.... Wouldnt you agree Geo?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."
It can and shall be argued.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."

It can and shall be argued.

So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:29:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
President Obama is our Head of State, he represents us and performs all of the ceremonial functions of that office. The inaugural ball is one such function that he performs as Head of State. You don't have to respect the man, but you ought to respect the office that he holds. If you really want to get down to it, the inaugural ball is part of a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power; which, is something that Americans take for granted. The man deserves some respect, at least for one night every four years.
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:33:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:29:48 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
President Obama is our Head of State, he represents us and performs all of the ceremonial functions of that office. The inaugural ball is one such function that he performs as Head of State. You don't have to respect the man, but you ought to respect the office that he holds. If you really want to get down to it, the inaugural ball is part of a celebration of the peaceful transfer of power; which, is something that Americans take for granted. The man deserves some respect, at least for one night every four years.

wait wait wait..... Lupe was kicked out of the inaugural ball, a private event, and not the inauguration itself?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:39:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."

It can and shall be argued.

So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

How the hell is it uncalled for? Would you try to kill Stalin even though it's his birthday?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:41:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:39:36 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."

It can and shall be argued.

So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

How the hell is it uncalled for? Would you try to kill Stalin even though it's his birthday?

Obama is no where even close to being Stalin.... Go be stupid somewhere else Bossy
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:43:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
wait wait wait..... Lupe was kicked out of the inaugural ball, a private event, and not the inauguration itself?

Who is Lupe?
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:48:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:43:17 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
wait wait wait..... Lupe was kicked out of the inaugural ball, a private event, and not the inauguration itself?

Who is Lupe?

Lupe Fiasco, a rapper who really hates Obama who somehow got invited to a celebration during inauguration day and was removed.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:49:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Obama is killing innocent people in countries we are not at war with. A drone shooting missiles that kill 80% innocents is not war. http://pakobserver.net...

Last I checked, the American revolutionaries were aiming at tyrannical red coats, not children. I'm pretty sure that they didn't kill 80% innocents or any at all for that matter.

There's a difference between innocents getting caught in the fray of crossfire, and the difference between 14,000+ getting missiles shot at them. He is knowingly sending drones to shoot targets that he knows will result innocent men, women, and children killed. In fact, he redefines the word "militant" to mean any person standing in his determined combat zone so that when the media reports the innocents killed, it is a lower number and a higher number of "militants" killed.
http://news.yahoo.com...

According to a Stanford study, only 2% killed by drone strikes are are high level threats.
http://www.guardian.co.uk...

Yeah, 98% innocent casualties, that's just war according to you.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:53:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Its the organizers fault, not Lupe. If the NRA invited Michael Moore to speak at an event, who's fault would it be when Moore starts speaking his mind? Even if its the president of the NRAs birthday.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:54:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:48:37 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:43:17 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
wait wait wait..... Lupe was kicked out of the inaugural ball, a private event, and not the inauguration itself?

Who is Lupe?

Lupe Fiasco, a rapper who really hates Obama who somehow got invited to a celebration during inauguration day and was removed.

Wait... Obama invited a rapper to his inauguration day celebration? Did he serve kool aid and watermelon slices too, or did he just settle for KFC? Have some class, Obama. Damn.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 11:58:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

Obama took Bush's drone strike program and multiplied it by 5. Not only that, Bush had a much higher percent of militants killed (33%) while Obama kills less than 10% militants, the rest innocent.
http://www.slate.com...

Not that Bush is good, but that Obama took the bad policy of Bush and supercharged it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:07:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:49:00 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Obama is killing innocent people in countries we are not at war with. A drone shooting missiles that kill 80% innocents is not war. http://pakobserver.net...

Obama isnt the one who flies the drones, pushes the button to launch the missiles, deploys the drones, decides when and where to attack suspected terrorists, etc. All Obama does is draft a list of which terrorists to hunt for and kill, and then the government and armed forces handle everything else.

If you have a problem with how inefficient drone attacks are, blame the people who actually made the terrible decisions to fire the missiles and the ones who have sh*tty aim. Obama plays a minimal role in the actual act of drone warfare.

Last I checked, the American revolutionaries were aiming at tyrannical red coats, not children.

Neither is the Obama administration, but im guessing Alex Jones tells you otherwise, am I right?

I'm pretty sure that they didn't kill 80% innocents or any at all for that matter.

But far more innocent people died in the American Revolution than in drone warfare in Pakistan....

There's a difference between innocents getting caught in the fray of crossfire, and the difference between 14,000+ getting missiles shot at them.

The 14,000 innocent civilians werent the ones being targeted though.

He is knowingly sending drones to shoot targets that he knows will result innocent men, women, and children killed.

Every president who declares a war does so knowing full well it will result in the innocent people being caught in the line of fire and dying.

In fact, he redefines the word "militant" to mean any person standing in his determined combat zone so that when the media reports the innocents killed, it is a lower number and a higher number of "militants" killed.

http://news.yahoo.com...

According to a Stanford study, only 2% killed by drone strikes are are high level threats.
http://www.guardian.co.uk...

Yeah, 98% innocent casualties, that's just war according to you.

Geo I have long supported retracting the use of Drone warfare in the middle east specifically because civilian casualties will lead to more problems then the current rate of drone attacks will ever solve. If you pulled your f*cking head out of your a** long enough to realize that then maybe you wouldnt be the greatest shame to Libertarianism on DDO.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:08:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:53:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Its the organizers fault, not Lupe. If the NRA invited Michael Moore to speak at an event, who's fault would it be when Moore starts speaking his mind? Even if its the president of the NRAs birthday.

Just because the security team or whatever messed up on the invites that doesnt mean they cant right their wrong and remove the problem person from the ceremony. If a hammered guy sneaks into a high end club after getting past security, then security is still allowed to remove that man when they realize the mistake that was made. They arent obligated by law to let the drunk guy f*ck up everything and not be able to do anything to stop him...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:10:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:58:42 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

Obama took Bush's drone strike program and multiplied it by 5. Not only that, Bush had a much higher percent of militants killed (33%) while Obama kills less than 10% militants, the rest innocent.
http://www.slate.com...

Not that Bush is good, but that Obama took the bad policy of Bush and supercharged it.

Which is something I dont support doing, so stop saying that I support it ok you f*cking a**hole
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:16:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."

It can and shall be argued.

So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

If he deserves disrespect, then without doubt. It certainly is never inappropriate to disrespect a man with so much blood on his hands, it generally the abuse is much much much less than what he deserves. So 0/3 really.
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:21:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:04:57 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 10:14:32 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
imabench says that calling out Obama at his pre-inauguration is being a dick.

So far so good....

He says that even if you're a mass murderer, you should be respected on your special day.

Theres the typical Geo that we all know......

In another thread, someone brought up how rapper Lupe Fiasco was removed from the presidential inauguration because Lupe openly hated Obama, in fact Lupe had several songs in which he was hyper-critical of Obama and called him a terrorist among other things. Lupe legit has made songs in which he just talks sh*t about Obama, and somehow Lupe got invited to the inauguration. I dont know how that happened, but I supported the removal of the rapper from the inauguration by using the analogy above to illustrate how I see nothing wrong with disrespectful people being removed from an event because they cant learn to be respectful.

Is he right? Mass murderers should be allowed to have an inauguration day free of any criticism?

Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people.

Now when you take into accounts Geo's blind hatred for liberals, the left, Obama, the government, and logic itself, Its more then easy to figure out that Geo is once again taking reality and distorting it to a laughable degree to try to make someone he doesnt like look bad....

"an inauguration is sort of like a birthday party, if you show up just to talk sh*t about the birthday boy in front of everyone, youre just being a dick and you should leave."
http://www.debate.org...

Geo, just because someone disagrees with Obama, it doesnt mean that they have a right to go on stage and be disrespectful to the person the event is being held for.

If Ron Paul was being inaugurated, a person shouldnt be allowed to go on stage and sing about how Ron Paul was named one of the most corrupt people in Congress.... Wouldnt you agree Geo?

Didn't Kanye West do something like that when Talor Swift won something?
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:27:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:16:10 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."

It can and shall be argued.

So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

If he deserves disrespect, then without doubt. It certainly is never inappropriate to disrespect a man with so much blood on his hands, it generally the abuse is much much much less than what he deserves. So 0/3 really.

Well of course a classless a**hole such as yourself would have no problem being disresectful to others when it was uncalled for.... The only way we ever end up in the same conversation is when you get the chance to try to make me look bad....

On top of that Brooks already agreed with me and you just put yourself in the same corner with Geo and Bossy, and if those are the type of people you identify with intellectually then youre only demonstrating how far you'll go just to annoy me.....

Its kinda sad really.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:29:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:21:56 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Didn't Kanye West do something like that when Talor Swift won something?

In a sense I think so..... Kanye wanted someone else to win that award much like Lupe wanted someone else be inaugurated.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:29:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:29:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 12:21:56 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Didn't Kanye West do something like that when Talor Swift won something?

In a sense I think so..... Kanye wanted someone else to win that award much like Lupe wanted someone else be inaugurated.....

It wasn't the same thing at all.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:32:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:08:54 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:53:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Its the organizers fault, not Lupe. If the NRA invited Michael Moore to speak at an event, who's fault would it be when Moore starts speaking his mind? Even if its the president of the NRAs birthday.

Just because the security team or whatever messed up on the invites that doesnt mean they cant right their wrong and remove the problem person from the ceremony. If a hammered guy sneaks into a high end club after getting past security, then security is still allowed to remove that man when they realize the mistake that was made. They arent obligated by law to let the drunk guy f*ck up everything and not be able to do anything to stop him...

That analogy is absolutely terrible and in no way is comparable to the actual situation. They were inviting headliners to a concert, not double checking the invite list. It's absolutely the fault of those in charge of booking bands.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:33:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:29:50 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 12:29:00 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 12:21:56 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:

Didn't Kanye West do something like that when Talor Swift won something?

In a sense I think so..... Kanye wanted someone else to win that award much like Lupe wanted someone else be inaugurated.....

It wasn't the same thing at all.

Kanye thought that Rhianna should have won, Swift else won, and he decided to be disrespectful enough to go on stage and ruin the ceremony for Taylor and a lot of other people there just because he disagreed with who won.

Lupe thought that Romney should have won, but Obama was reelected, and the security felt that he might ruin the ceremony by taking the stage and being disrespectful to the winner that night.

They have a lot in common, the only difference was that Kanye went through with it while Lupe was prevented from going on stage for doing something similar, which there was reasonable belief to believe would happen.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:35:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:32:35 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 1/22/2013 12:08:54 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:53:16 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Its the organizers fault, not Lupe. If the NRA invited Michael Moore to speak at an event, who's fault would it be when Moore starts speaking his mind? Even if its the president of the NRAs birthday.

Just because the security team or whatever messed up on the invites that doesnt mean they cant right their wrong and remove the problem person from the ceremony. If a hammered guy sneaks into a high end club after getting past security, then security is still allowed to remove that man when they realize the mistake that was made. They arent obligated by law to let the drunk guy f*ck up everything and not be able to do anything to stop him...

That analogy is absolutely terrible and in no way is comparable to the actual situation. They were inviting headliners to a concert, not double checking the invite list. It's absolutely the fault of those in charge of booking bands.

In both scenarios somebody got in who shouldnt have gotten in in the first place. Also since they are both private events, security is more then entitled to remove problem members from that event.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:36:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1. Obama is Commander-in-Chief. He makes the commands and foreign policy decisions.

2. Those children would be alive if Ron Paul were President.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:39:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 12:36:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
1. Obama is Commander-in-Chief. He makes the commands and foreign policy decisions.

He doesnt carry out those decisions though....... After he places the order the command is handed down to others and is passed through countless more people who carry out the order and do so at a horrendously ineffective rate. The blood is on everyones hands equally, not all on Obama's hands like you constantly try to moronically claim.

2. Those children would be alive if Ron Paul were President.

Theres that bias I mentioned before... Also way to completely drop all of my other arguments.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 12:41:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/22/2013 11:41:55 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:39:36 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:18:44 AM, imabench wrote:
At 1/22/2013 11:07:35 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
"Now you see, Geo here is one of those special kinds of idiots who believes that Obama is a mass murderer just because drone warfare has resulted in the deaths of innocent civilians which has happened under Obama's watch.... By that same logic, Bush is a mass murderer, as is Reagan, as is Clinton, along with just about every other president back to at least FDR........ It could even be argued that every president has been a mass murderer since all wars have resulted in the killings of more then 10 innocent people."

It can and shall be argued.

So then you believe that every president who has ever waged a war or inherited a war from a predecessor deserves to have a man preach biased hatred towards the public at a time when it is disrespectful, inappropriate, and uncalled for?

How the hell is it uncalled for? Would you try to kill Stalin even though it's his birthday?

Obama is no where even close to being Stalin.... Go be stupid somewhere else Bossy

So where do you draw the line?
You know, I think you're actually more delusional than Geo and that's saying a lot.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush