Jump to topic:

Texas College Shooting **

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 1:21:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Breaking news just coming in hot off the press. Lonestar College is reporting that an incident broke out today, January 22, 2013. There are some injuries, but no death toll as of right now...............More about this breaking story later.....
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 4:12:02 PM
At 1/22/2013 4:07:22 PM, inferno wrote:
So where is the proof about gun control now. If you ask me, this is not even an issue............

How do you know it wasn't an illegal gun?
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 4:24:39 PM
God, you gun control advocates just glob on to any shooting and immediately preach your flawed message. Read the evidence and the Constitution.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2013 5:12:02 PM
So where is the proof about gun control now. If you ask me, this is not even an issue............

Illegal guns in a clearly marked gunfree zone? Call out the National Guard and impose a national curfew plox.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 8:44:24 AM
At 1/22/2013 5:12:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Illegal guns in a clearly marked gunfree zone? Call out the National Guard and impose a national curfew plox.

Illegal guns are like illegal drugs. There is an underground market that caters to the government and all other forms of capitalistic drug dealing.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 10:39:05 AM
It looks like two people got into a shoot out, and a poor guy got hit in the crossfire. We also don't have information as to way the fire fight took place, so it isn't fair for us to render judgment yet. Maybe the guy that hasn't been charged stopped a school shooting from happening? I hope so, because then it would shut the Media and gun control advocates up for a long time to come.

Even if that isn't the case though, this still speaks volumes. Two people had guns, they shot at each other, and four people were injured. One person had a gun at Sandy Hook, and 26 people died.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 11:25:11 AM
At 1/23/2013 10:39:05 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
It looks like two people got into a shoot out, and a poor guy got hit in the crossfire. We also don't have information as to way the fire fight took place, so it isn't fair for us to render judgment yet. Maybe the guy that hasn't been charged stopped a school shooting from happening? I hope so, because then it would shut the Media and gun control advocates up for a long time to come.

Even if that isn't the case though, this still speaks volumes. Two people had guns, they shot at each other, and four people were injured. One person had a gun at Sandy Hook, and 26 people died.

We still do not know the entire story as of right now. But the media will continue to push the conversation. About you guessed it............Gun control. =)
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2013 12:09:10 PM
At 1/23/2013 11:25:11 AM, inferno wrote:
At 1/23/2013 10:39:05 AM, MrBrooks wrote:

We still do not know the entire story as of right now. But the media will continue to push the conversation. About you guessed it............Gun control. =)

I support various regulations to try to keep legal gun purchases out of the hands of mentally unstable and criminals, but I also support the concept that a person is responsible for financial and punitive damages caused by his/her gun. That would require obtaining gun liability insurance. If your gun was involved in an incident and did not have insurance, mandatory jail term and penalties up the kazoo.

I accept the risk that having gun freedom will result in mass shootings, accidental shootings, and other mayhem, but people get off way too easy when their gun is not secured properly, they don't use it correctly, or they start a shoot out in anger like these TX bozo's did.