Jump to topic:

North Korea: New Nuclear Test against US

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 10:04:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
North Korea says new nuclear test will be part of fight against U.S.

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and more long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

Carried by the state media, the comments are the latest defiant flourish from the reclusive North Korean regime, whose young leader Kim Jong Un has upheld his father's policy of pursuing a military deterrent and shrugging off international pressure.

The defense commission statement follows a United Nations Security Council resolution on Tuesday that the United States pushed for, condemning a recent recent rocket launch by North Korea and expanded existing sanctions.

http://www.cnn.com...

What do you feel ought to be done with N. Korea's nuclear testing? Should we intervene within N. Korea?
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 5:56:10 PM
Supposedly the North Koreans have nuclear missiles that could reach all the way to California, but let's find out which part of California before we get too panicked.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 7:39:58 PM
Well, it worked out so well last time, why not try for the sequel...I mean, our troops are bored and itching for a little action after hours...nay, days of inaction, and N. Korea has sure shown a propensity for both truth in its official statements in this regard, as well as a cunning aptitude for rocketry, so why wouldn't we take this information on its face and immediately move in with preemptive force?

It seems like the only tenable course of action, right?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 7:55:19 PM
At 1/24/2013 10:04:35 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and more long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

Carried by the state media, the comments are the latest defiant flourish from the reclusive North Korean regime, whose young leader Kim Jong Un has upheld his father's policy of pursuing a military deterrent and shrugging off international pressure.

The defense commission statement follows a United Nations Security Council resolution on Tuesday that the United States pushed for, condemning a recent recent rocket launch by North Korea and expanded existing sanctions.

What do you feel ought to be done with N. Korea's nuclear testing? Should we intervene within N. Korea?

North Korea has been issuing direct calls for war towards us for decades, yet they never do sh*t because North Koreans know very well that if they start the war, it will surely not end well for them.

Let them play with their little toys and think they're being big boys, no reason to start a war with them...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 8:07:40 PM

No. Just leave them alone and they'll embrace the values of freedom and capitalism. Then there'll be peace, just like Ron Paul says!
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 8:09:16 PM
At 1/24/2013 7:55:19 PM, imabench wrote:

North Korea has been issuing direct calls for war towards us for decades, yet they never do sh*t because North Koreans know very well that if they start the war, it will surely not end well for them.

Let them play with their little toys and think they're being big boys, no reason to start a war with them...

To be fair, nukes are a little more than little toys
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 8:09:43 PM
Focus on defense, not offence. Simple.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 9:22:35 PM
At 1/24/2013 8:09:16 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 1/24/2013 7:55:19 PM, imabench wrote:

To be fair, nukes are a little more than little toys

The biggest danger I see is if say they try to attack us, and proceed to fail, the current leader may think that taking as many of us he/she(unlikely) could before they go down.

I could see them doing that. What I doubt is that they would just attack us. It would just destroy them
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 9:00:24 AM
If I was the leader of North Korea, or any other country for that matter, I can't say I would act any differently towards us.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.