Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Feinstein Introduces Total Gun Ban

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 11:59:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Her new measure will ban the sale of about 150 types of firearms, including some rifles and handguns, as well as the sale of high-capacity magazines, according to USA Today.

The bill will exempt firearms used for hunting and will grandfather in guns and magazines owned before the law"s potential enactment. However, the grandfathered weapons will be logged in a national registry."

http://thehill.com...

You say that's not ALL guns. Yeah, great, they let you keep your inoperable antique gun, a bolt action rifle, and a revolver. And if you have a gun that is outlawed by the ban, you have to register it. Why register? For future confiscation. That's a fact.

"The bill would ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and import of all semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can accept detachable magazines and have at least one military feature.
It would also ban semi-automatic rifles and handguns that have fixed magazines capable of carrying more than 10 rounds and all semi-automatic shotguns that have folding or detachable stocks, pistol grips, forward grips, or fixed magazines with room for more than five rounds."


Read more: http://thehill.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 12:41:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You say that's not ALL guns. Yeah, great, they let you keep your inoperable antique gun, a bolt action rifle, and a revolver. And if you have a gun that is outlawed by the ban, you have to register it. Why register? For future confiscation. That's a fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:13:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 12:41:47 PM, Double_R wrote:
You say that's not ALL guns. Yeah, great, they let you keep your inoperable antique gun, a bolt action rifle, and a revolver. And if you have a gun that is outlawed by the ban, you have to register it. Why register? For future confiscation. That's a fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?

^^^^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:24:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think you may be jumping the gun (no pun intended). The bill hasn't passed and probably won't because it includes forced registry of firearms. If it was a new amendment you could and should march on Washington, but it isn't, so stop leaving semi-random "news" stories all over DDO.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:43:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:24:06 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
I think you may be jumping the gun (no pun intended). The bill hasn't passed and probably won't because it includes forced registry of firearms. If it was a new amendment you could and should march on Washington, but it isn't, so stop leaving semi-random "news" stories all over DDO.

I said the bill was introduced, not passed. However, Feinstein passed the assault weapons ban in '94 and they believe the recent mass shootings give them the clout to pass it.

This isn't random, it's TODAY'S breaking news story on the Drudge Report.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:46:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ridiculous.
Here's the list of guns that will be banned.
http://dailycaller.com...

It reads like she had her staff go through a video game and write down the name of every gun they saw. There is no rhyme or reason behind the particular guns that are banned, other than their look. I also guarantee there were plenty overlooked and that gun makers will simply change the name and change the design slightly to get around the ban.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:49:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:46:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ridiculous.
Here's the list of guns that will be banned.
http://dailycaller.com...

It reads like she had her staff go through a video game and write down the name of every gun they saw. There is no rhyme or reason behind the particular guns that are banned, other than their look. I also guarantee there were plenty overlooked and that gun makers will simply change the name and change the design slightly to get around the ban.

http://nyocommercialobserver.files.wordpress.com...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:50:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:46:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ridiculous.
Here's the list of guns that will be banned.
http://dailycaller.com...

It reads like she had her staff go through a video game and write down the name of every gun they saw. There is no rhyme or reason behind the particular guns that are banned, other than their look. I also guarantee there were plenty overlooked and that gun makers will simply change the name and change the design slightly to get around the ban.

Damn b!tch wants to ban the coolest gun ever.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:50:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:43:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:24:06 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
I think you may be jumping the gun (no pun intended). The bill hasn't passed and probably won't because it includes forced registry of firearms. If it was a new amendment you could and should march on Washington, but it isn't, so stop leaving semi-random "news" stories all over DDO.

I said the bill was introduced, not passed. However, Feinstein passed the assault weapons ban in '94 and they believe the recent mass shootings give them the clout to pass it.

This isn't random, it's TODAY'S breaking news story on the Drudge Report.

Except it won't, and they won't, and your overeating, and seriously stop posting all these stupid "BREAKING NEWS" things.

You read like a goddamn newspaper headline.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:52:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:50:36 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:46:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ridiculous.
Here's the list of guns that will be banned.
http://dailycaller.com...

It reads like she had her staff go through a video game and write down the name of every gun they saw. There is no rhyme or reason behind the particular guns that are banned, other than their look. I also guarantee there were plenty overlooked and that gun makers will simply change the name and change the design slightly to get around the ban.

Damn b!tch wants to ban the coolest gun ever.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com...

Not sure if this is there, but this is one of my personal favorites: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net...

Not sure how good a gun it is, but it looks bad@$$.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:53:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It doesn't say if it bans .22 lr variations of the guns, I'd be interested to know. Though I'm sure Feinstein doesn't even know what .22 lr is.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:54:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:43:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:24:06 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
I think you may be jumping the gun (no pun intended). The bill hasn't passed and probably won't because it includes forced registry of firearms. If it was a new amendment you could and should march on Washington, but it isn't, so stop leaving semi-random "news" stories all over DDO.

I said the bill was introduced, not passed. However, Feinstein passed the assault weapons ban in '94 and they believe the recent mass shootings give them the clout to pass it.

That isn't a conspiracy, its the bill writer's personal opinion on assault weapons that she felt needed to be brought into law after Newtown. I disagree for sure, but there's no evidence to me that this means any malice to the American people with this bill.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:54:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:53:47 PM, lewis20 wrote:
It doesn't say if it bans .22 lr variations of the guns, I'd be interested to know. Though I'm sure Feinstein doesn't even know what .22 lr is.

I'm sure she doesn't know 80% of the guns on that list, let alone the details or variants.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 2:57:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm going to miss this the most
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:54:21 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
That isn't a conspiracy, its the bill writer's personal opinion on assault weapons that she felt needed to be brought into law after Newtown. I disagree for sure, but there's no evidence to me that this means any malice to the American people with this bill.

Yes it is a conspiracy. She got caught inside trading making millions. http://www.breitbart.com...

She also said on 60 Minutes that she wanted to confiscate every gun in America yet she admitted she was trained in firearms and had conceal carry for self-defense.

The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact. Obama has armed guards, David Gregory has armed guards, Michael Moore has armed guards, Eric Holder has armed guards.

Eric Holder said he wants to brainwash everyone to be anti-gun yet he loves his armed protection and refuses to give up his armed security.

EXPLAIN THAT.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 3:07:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Feinstein gun grabbing hypocrite fascist: http://en.wikipedia.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 5:11:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 11:59:21 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You say that's not ALL guns. Yeah, great, they let you keep your inoperable antique gun, a bolt action rifle, and a revolver. And if you have a gun that is outlawed by the ban, you have to register it. Why register? For future confiscation. That's a fact.

You say that's not ALL the hyperbole? Yeah, great, you continue to offer your labored, incorrect rhetoric. And if you have an opinion that is outlandish, you have to memorialize it. Why? For future obfuscation. That's demonstrable.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2013 9:30:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:54:21 PM, Nidhogg wrote:
That isn't a conspiracy, its the bill writer's personal opinion on assault weapons that she felt needed to be brought into law after Newtown. I disagree for sure, but there's no evidence to me that this means any malice to the American people with this bill.

Yes it is a conspiracy. She got caught inside trading making millions. http://www.breitbart.com...

She also said on 60 Minutes that she wanted to confiscate every gun in America yet she admitted she was trained in firearms and had conceal carry for self-defense.

The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact. Obama has armed guards, David Gregory has armed guards, Michael Moore has armed guards, Eric Holder has armed guards.

Eric Holder said he wants to brainwash everyone to be anti-gun yet he loves his armed protection and refuses to give up his armed security.

EXPLAIN THAT.

Once again, don't see why you are so up in arms about it. They try to take away my personal rights and liberties, I'll go crazy Scottis Muthaf*ka on them. The point is they WILL NOT SUCCEED because people like myself and others will stand up for our rights and make sure this bill never passes. I mean, just look at what happened to SOPA. The people of America shot that down with all our Internet might.

As much as I dislike modern America, we can get sh!t done when we're angry. So stop flaunting this as a big "Government Conspiracy" and complain to your congressmen, start a movement or some sh!t. Don't make yourself look stupid by waving the Illuminati flag all over everything remotely fishy.

Godspeed to you Geo, and may the Feds never find you.

~Nidhogg 1/24/13
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 2:56:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 3:16:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 2:56:24 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?

"Wayne Lapierre said there were only two reasons government would want to expand the background check system, which he said would collect the names of gun owners into a huge federal registry.

The reasons, he said: "Either to tax them, or to take them."

http://www.nytimes.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 3:29:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/24/2013 2:52:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:50:36 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:46:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ridiculous.
Here's the list of guns that will be banned.
http://dailycaller.com...

It reads like she had her staff go through a video game and write down the name of every gun they saw. There is no rhyme or reason behind the particular guns that are banned, other than their look. I also guarantee there were plenty overlooked and that gun makers will simply change the name and change the design slightly to get around the ban.

Damn b!tch wants to ban the coolest gun ever.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com...

Not sure if this is there, but this is one of my personal favorites: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net...

Not sure how good a gun it is, but it looks bad@$$.

No gun is cooler than a revolver.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 3:51:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 3:16:03 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 2:56:24 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?

"Wayne Lapierre said there were only two reasons government would want to expand the background check system, which he said would collect the names of gun owners into a huge federal registry.

The reasons, he said: "Either to tax them, or to take them."

http://www.nytimes.com...

So it is 100% fact that Obama is doing all of this with the intent to take away our guns because Wayne Lapierre said so. Please remember that the next time you tell us to think for ourselves.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 4:45:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 3:51:50 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/25/2013 3:16:03 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 2:56:24 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?

"Wayne Lapierre said there were only two reasons government would want to expand the background check system, which he said would collect the names of gun owners into a huge federal registry.

The reasons, he said: "Either to tax them, or to take them."

http://www.nytimes.com...

So it is 100% fact that Obama is doing all of this with the intent to take away our guns because Wayne Lapierre said so. Please remember that the next time you tell us to think for ourselves.

I'm using his argument, not authority you dumbfvck.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 7:03:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 4:45:35 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 3:51:50 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/25/2013 3:16:03 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 2:56:24 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?

"Wayne Lapierre said there were only two reasons government would want to expand the background check system, which he said would collect the names of gun owners into a huge federal registry.

The reasons, he said: "Either to tax them, or to take them."

http://www.nytimes.com...

So it is 100% fact that Obama is doing all of this with the intent to take away our guns because Wayne Lapierre said so. Please remember that the next time you tell us to think for ourselves.

I'm using his argument, not authority you dumbfvck.

So.....you have evidence besides Mr. Lapierre's statements that specfically say this?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 10:11:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 3:29:39 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:52:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:50:36 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 1/24/2013 2:46:55 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ridiculous.
Here's the list of guns that will be banned.
http://dailycaller.com...

It reads like she had her staff go through a video game and write down the name of every gun they saw. There is no rhyme or reason behind the particular guns that are banned, other than their look. I also guarantee there were plenty overlooked and that gun makers will simply change the name and change the design slightly to get around the ban.

Damn b!tch wants to ban the coolest gun ever.

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com...

Not sure if this is there, but this is one of my personal favorites: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net...

Not sure how good a gun it is, but it looks bad@$$.

No gun is cooler than a revolver.

I know what you're thinking, did he fire six shots or only five? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 10:47:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here's proof then legislation is not coherent or even serious about addressing the issue.
Feinstein included the 'Armalite M15 22LR Carbine' every gun listed has a 22lr variation but she doesn't realize that and the amralite 22lr made her list because someone saw a picture of one and thought it looked scary so it made the list.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2013 11:53:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/25/2013 4:45:35 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 3:51:50 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/25/2013 3:16:03 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 1/25/2013 2:56:24 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 1/24/2013 3:05:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The conspiracy is that they want to take all our guns while they get to keep theirs. That is 100% fact.

Could you please define "Fact"?

"Wayne Lapierre said there were only two reasons government would want to expand the background check system, which he said would collect the names of gun owners into a huge federal registry.

The reasons, he said: "Either to tax them, or to take them."

http://www.nytimes.com...

So it is 100% fact that Obama is doing all of this with the intent to take away our guns because Wayne Lapierre said so. Please remember that the next time you tell us to think for ourselves.

I'm using his argument, not authority you dumbfvck.

Then you actually believe that incredibly stupid statement that there are only two reasons to expand the background check system: to tax guns or to take them. Do you even know what a background check is, or why we perform them?