wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 3:34:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.cnn.com...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Battered, bruised, and apparently half blind now, Hillary has come through the past 4 years stronger than ever.

It's hard to deny how well-connected she is. First lady of Arkansas, of America, Senator of New York, Secretary of State. Each position she held was controversial, but no question each position she held strengthened her credibility and position vis a vis America and the world.

McCain led his criticism of Benghazi with these words:

"We thank you for your outstanding and dedicated service to this nation and ... all over the world where I travel, you are viewed with admiration and respect."

Apparently Rand Paul (someone I know little about) is seen as a potential challenger in 2016:

"He delivered a cool, withering statement that climaxed in this devastating paragraph (and you have to watch it to get the full effect): "I'm glad that you're accepting responsibility. I think ultimately with your leaving that you accept the culpability for the worst tragedy since 9/11. And I really mean that. Had I been president and found you did not read the cables from Benghazi and from Ambassador (Christopher) Stevens, I would have relieved you of your post. I think it's inexcusable."

"This performance might be -- and should be -- remembered well by the Republican base when the primary campaign of 2016 starts. Ever since the last president election, Rand Paul hasn't set a foot wrong. From his bridge-building visit to Israel to his opposition to the fiscal cliff deal, he seems well placed to become the tea party candidate."

Your thoughts on Hillary? 2016? Rand Paul?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 6:08:46 PM
At 1/27/2013 3:34:35 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Battered, bruised, and apparently half blind now, Hillary has come through the past 4 years stronger than ever.

It's hard to deny how well-connected she is. First lady of Arkansas, of America, Senator of New York, Secretary of State. Each position she held was controversial, but no question each position she held strengthened her credibility and position vis a vis America and the world.

"We thank you for your outstanding and dedicated service to this nation and ... all over the world where I travel, you are viewed with admiration and respect."

Apparently Rand Paul (someone I know little about) is seen as a potential challenger in 2016:

"He delivered a cool, withering statement that climaxed in this devastating paragraph (and you have to watch it to get the full effect): "I'm glad that you're accepting responsibility. I think ultimately with your leaving that you accept the culpability for the worst tragedy since 9/11. And I really mean that. Had I been president and found you did not read the cables from Benghazi and from Ambassador (Christopher) Stevens, I would have relieved you of your post. I think it's inexcusable."

"This performance might be -- and should be -- remembered well by the Republican base when the primary campaign of 2016 starts. Ever since the last president election, Rand Paul hasn't set a foot wrong. From his bridge-building visit to Israel to his opposition to the fiscal cliff deal, he seems well placed to become the tea party candidate."

Rand Paul uses his own fictitious interpretation of constitutional law to play on the emotional sentiments of voters. As far as politicians go, he is a very popular practitioner of constitutional sophistry.

If Hillary Clinton Runs in 2016, I will vote for her over anyone other than Chris Christie.
Tsar of DDO
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 6:16:06 PM

My first choices in 2016 are Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and Hilary Clinton.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2013 6:19:19 PM
At 1/27/2013 6:16:06 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

My first choices in 2016 are Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and Hilary Clinton.

Rubio will never get the nomination because of the opportunity it would give democratic super pacs to raise doubts on his citizenship. Rand Paul might be a semi-viable primary contender, but he'll have to raise his game considerably. The GOP leadership considers him to be no more than the petulant reincarnation of his father. As to if Christie will run or not, we can only hope.
Tsar of DDO