MSNBC Soft-Petals Important Issues for Busine

GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 8:31:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Part One

I enjoy watching MSNBC News because I believe it presents the news fairly and objectively discussing almost all points of view. Although, I do believe that since it is owned by Microsoft and NBC, which is owned by General Electric, it does tend to soft-petal certain subjects and not present views unacceptable to Microsoft or General Electric, e.g., passing legislation outlawing job outsourcing and issuing of work visas when there are unemployed Americans that can do those jobs, and requiring that all outsourced jobs - over 20 million jobs be brought back to America immediately - and stopping the flow of illegal aliens across the US-Mexican border.

The proof of my contention is that none of the MSNBC news anchors (e.g., Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O"Donnell, Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Rev. Al Sharpton, Chris Hayes, Melissa Harris-Perry, Martin Bashir, Mika Brzezinski, Joe Scarborough, etc.) have ever presented segments where they present views that would upset their owners - Microsoft and General Electric. For example, segments where they come out and say that Congress should make job outsourcing illegal or stating that the number one reason unemployment is so high is because over 20 million jobs have been outsourced by mega companies like Microsoft, General Electric, Apple, etc. and that those jobs should be brought back to America immediately; or that America should have laws whereby no foreigners can work in America with work visas if there are unemployed Americans that can do those jobs, similar to the laws in Canada; and that those companies trying to hire foreigners using work visas must prove to the Department of Labor that they have searched for Americans to fill those jobs before those foreigners can be hired, with huge million dollar penalties if they don"t; or telling Bill Gates that he will get no more programmers, or Accenture consultants, or Aon-Hewitt accountants and managers mainly from India using work visas.

However, all the announcers noted above have special segments where they talk at length and having hissy fits over gun control legislation, immigration reform, and Lawrence over the use of the Bible in the Presidential inaugurations, which are important issues; but not as important as stopping job outsourcing and issuing work visas when there are unemployed America available to do those jobs, bringing over 20 million outsourced jobs back to America and stopping the illegal flow of immigrants across the US-Mexican border.

Maybe the MSNBC News anchors have ulterior financial motives for not talking about passing legislation outlawing job outsourcing and the issuance of work visas when there are unemployed Americans that can do those jobs, bringing over 20 million outsourced jobs back to America and stopping the flow of illegal aliens across the US-Mexican border. What could those ulterior financial motives be?

Those MSNBC News anchors are all members of the super wealthy (top 20%), some in the Plutocracy, and make exorbitant salaries and get egregious bonuses like the rest of the folks above the glass ceiling at MSNBC, while the rest of the workers at MSNBC make relatively nothing and do not share fairly in the profits. Those MSNBC New anchors and the folks above the glass ceiling all own stock and stock options that directly benefited from the job outsourcing where laborers are paid less than $1 an hour. That is, billions are save in labor costs, which means higher earnings which increases EPS - Earnings Per Share, which means increased dividends, which in turn increases market prices for stocks and stock options they own. So, the truth be told, they don"t want to bite the hand that feeds them very generously.

Then there is the fact that the hospitality industry hires millions of illegal aliens. Kathleen Matthews - wife of Chris Matthews who hosts MSNBC's Hard Ball - is a an highly paid officer for Marriott International - so you will never see Chris Matthews talking about finishing the US-Border fence and imposing million-dollar fines on companies like Marriott International who directly or indirectly (through thousands of Marriott franchises) hires illegal Mexican and South American aliens.

Also, I am annoyed with the MSNBC News" idea presented primarily by Rachel Maddow that because President Obama won the reelection that everyone who voted for him somehow accepts every political position put forth by the Democratic platform or party and those positions are now sacrosanct.

I voted for President Obama primarily because of the Affordable Care Act; raising the tax rates on the wealthy and corporations; closing all tax loopholes that primarily benefit the wealthy and mega corporations; bringing all outsourced jobs back to America; pulling all troops out of the Middle East; reducing America"s military presence in the World; ensuring that Social Security and Medicare are never privatized or the age of retirement raised; ensuring that Medicaid is made available to everyone who can"t afford medical insurance (even if they make more than the poverty level in income) and for drastic reductions in military spending.

I was very disappointed that President Obama and Congress did not pass Universal Health Care. The Affordable Care Act does help many more, but does not fix the problem. Until we have a single-payer health care system like in Canada, too many Americans will not have affordable medical insurance and millions will go without medical health care. And, until we put price controls on the entire medical industry (e.g., hospitals, pharmaceutical, and medical equipment companies, doctors, dentists, etc.) costs will continue to skyrocket indefinitely until the Affordable Care program collapses and only the wealthy will have quality medical coverage, as it is now.

I am also very disappointed that President Obama and Congress have done nothing to stop the illegal flow of Mexicans and South Americans into American across the US-Mexican border.

I had to laugh at President Obama"s tongue-in-cheek statement that building a mote and filling it with alligators would not work. It is true and funny because of the obvious! The US-Mexican border is 2,000 miles or 3,520,000 yards long. Assuming you would need 10 alligators for every 100 yards for it to be effective, you would need 352,000 alligators, which is more than the total estimated population of 200,000 alligators in the Florida Everglades. And, the cost to feed 352,000 alligators! And, the smell from rotting meat, what a mess!

However, finishing the double border fence and building observation towers every one-half mile that are equipped with high power Search Lights, high powered surveillance cameras, long range motion detectors, GPR - ground-penetrating radar to detect the building of underground tunnels, etc. and having them manned 24-7, now that would work quite well. Then add about 40,000 more border agents, with thousands of armored, machine gun equipped desert all-terrain vehicles and hundreds of well-trained guard dogs doing patrols 24-7 along the entire 2,000 mile long US-Mexican border. Guess what would happen then?

Very few illegal aliens and illegal drugs are getting across the US-Mexican border!

And, please don"t tell me that nonsense that they will then take boats or get on submarines to get into America. Despite the obvious, most illegal aliens could not afford passage on ships or submarines, and, the Coast Guard does a great job stopping boats and submarines engaged in illegal activities. It is one thing trying to smuggle 2 tons of cocaine worth $245 million on a submarine that cost $ 4 million dollars to build, which would be confiscated by the US government if caught; using that $4 million dollar submarine to smuggle maybe 30 illegal aliens for $30-$40,000 in passage fees is not cost effective.

So guess what again?

Very few illegal aliens and illegal drugs are getting into America via ships and submarines!
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 8:40:48 AM
The Topic did not fit, but it should read:

MSNBC Soft-Petals Important Issues for Business Reasons

Part Two

And, the total annual cost of this the fence, equipment and 40,000 additional border agents would be far less than estimated $100 billion net (i.e. net after deducting state and federal income taxes collected from illegals) that is spent annually by the Federal, State, and local governments supporting illegal immigrants.

Then I have to hear the MSNBC New Anchors crying and whining about the need for Immigration reform, which I am assuming means giving immediate Amnesty to over 20 million illegal aliens, mainly from Mexico and South America. Or, at least allowing those 20 million to stay in America and work for less than minimum wages, which is destroying jobs for Americans, until they can pass all the immigration requirements. They seem to be ignoring the fact that over 4 million individuals have applied for legal immigration for their family members and have been on waiting lists for years while they wait in their respective countries not putting a huge financial burden on the USA, some as long as 20 years. They seem to be ignoring the fact that all these 20 million illegal aliens broke American Immigration laws by sneaking across the border illegally and should be deported immediately. They seem to have forgotten the President Ronald Reagan did the supposedly last and final never again granting of amnesty to about 5 million illegal aliens in 1988 under the Immigration Reform and Control Act.

Then these MSNBC News Anchors will tell us that it is not the illegal aliens fault, because they just wanted to provide for their families. So somehow it is our fault that Mexico and South America are two impoverished countries with two class societies - very rich and very poor - that cannot provide for their own poor; and therefore it was OK for over 20 million illegal aliens to sneak across the US Mexican Border into the USA.

That is very altruistic, but there are hundreds of other impoverished countries in the world that have the same problem (e.g., Africa, Haiti, Indonesia, Honduras, Cambodia, Philippines, Ukraine, China, etc.). Just because we don"t have a common border whereby those millions of poor can sneak across illegally into American should not matter. We should send planes and boats to every impoverished country and bring 20-30 million from each of those countries into America, why not 200 or 300 million or a billion more uneducated dregs in America.

End of Part II
When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Mark Twain
GWL-CPA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 8:51:39 AM
Part III
MSNBC Soft-Petals Important Issues for Business Reasons

Why don"t I hear cries from the MSNBC News Anchors for ICE - Immigration and Customs Enforcement to increase raids on all the businesses in the primary industries that hires millions of illegal aliens, e.g., the hospitality industry that includes lodging, hotels, motels, boarding houses, retirement homes, restaurants, theme parks, cruise lines and additional fields in the tourism industry, especially in the major cities like New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, etc. And, that should include all fast food major chains like McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Taco Bueno, Taco Cabana, Wingstop, etc. And, cries that all the business that have hired these illegals should be fined hundreds of thousands of dollars to ensure they stop hiring illegal aliens. Guess what would happen then?

Less illegal aliens would try to sneak into America to get jobs because there would be less jobs - millions less. And, all companies would be checking IDs and requiring proof that they were legally in America. Then the wages paid in these industries would have to increase or they would not have enough workers to do those menial jobs.

The fact that millions of readily available illegal aliens who are willing to work for less than minimum wages is primarily responsible for depressing wages in America. Why would a business owner pay the Federal minimum of $7.25 per hour when they can pay an illegal alien $4 or less?

Mark Twain