Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Is spending billions on mental health worthy?

NickMDebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 9:59:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The answer is yes 100%. The average value of a life is approximately 10 million dollars according to Forbes. In the Sandyhook massacre 28 people died, all in one day. Everyday at least four lives are affected negatively because of mental health. Every dollar spent on mental health can save a life. These people's lives are a worthy cause. Experts agree, the massacre in Sandyhook would likely not have happened if Adam Lanza's mental condition had been properly managed. Remember the shots fired in the theater in Colorodo at the Dark Knight Rises premier? The shooter was mentally ill. The people in power don't want to admit the problem because people won't reelect senators who propose that we should spend more tax dollars on a complicated and long term project. People suggest other remedies e.g. the violent video game debate to bypass the real issue. Grow up America it's time we act as adults and take a stand against the real American problem. I encourage you to respond to this article and voice your opinions.
This has been another article by NickMDebate on the controversial topics of the day. Please voice your own comments or add me as a friend or challenge me to a debate for a new understanding of the topics.
-NickM
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 10:01:25 PM
A persons life is worth 10 million?
I thought I read somewhere all a persons organs were worth, at best 300k on the black market. Somebody is lying.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 7:19:15 AM
At 1/28/2013 10:01:25 PM, lewis20 wrote:
A persons life is worth 10 million?
I thought I read somewhere all a persons organs were worth, at best 300k on the black market. Somebody is lying.

If you negligently kill a 40yo white male, it'll cost you every bit of $1 million + when it's time to pay the piper.

I've seen the price hit $10 million, though.

Also, if you were being tortured like some mentally ill people are being tortured naturally, I guarantee that you'd be willing to pay $10 million yo make it stop if you could round up the scratch.

Seriously? Anti-treatment of the mentally ill?

Go take some of that money and buy a soul.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...