Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Gun Buyback Program Hijacked!

DoubtingDave
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 9:20:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Gun Collectors Hijack Seattle Gun Buyback Program

I read this and could not stop laughing


Police officers in Seattle, Washington held their first gun buyback program in 20 years this weekend, underneath interstate 5, and soon found that private gun collectors were working the large crowd as little makeshift gun shows began dotting the parking lot and sidewalks. Some even had "cash for guns" signs prominently displayed.Gun Buyback Goes Bad

Police stood in awe as gun enthusiasts and collectors waved wads of cash for the guns being held by those standing in line for the buyback program.



http://beforeitsnews.com...

Furthermore, I laugh at the stupidity of the supporters of these types of programs who actually think these programs work. NEWSFLASH: Criminals are not going to turn in their guns at a gun buyback program so all what these things do is disarm civilians and the people whose guns we want to take still have them!
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
CarefulNow
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 11:46:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/29/2013 9:20:43 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Furthermore, I laugh at the stupidity of the supporters of these types of programs who actually think these programs work. NEWSFLASH: Criminals are not going to turn in their guns at a gun buyback program so all what these things do is disarm civilians and the people whose guns we want to take still have them!

Well, it stands to reason that a criminal, in addition to possibly fearing self-incrimination, would be less likely to sell a gun at a given price than someone who uses it for a purpose it's less suited to (e.g. self-defense). However, the real absurdity of (voluntary) gun buybacks is in case they succeed, whereupon that they constitute demand for illegal guns.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 11:52:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/29/2013 9:20:43 AM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Gun Collectors Hijack Seattle Gun Buyback Program

I read this and could not stop laughing


Police officers in Seattle, Washington held their first gun buyback program in 20 years this weekend, underneath interstate 5, and soon found that private gun collectors were working the large crowd as little makeshift gun shows began dotting the parking lot and sidewalks. Some even had "cash for guns" signs prominently displayed.Gun Buyback Goes Bad

Police stood in awe as gun enthusiasts and collectors waved wads of cash for the guns being held by those standing in line for the buyback program.



http://beforeitsnews.com...

Furthermore, I laugh at the stupidity of the supporters of these types of programs who actually think these programs work. NEWSFLASH: Criminals are not going to turn in their guns at a gun buyback program so all what these things do is disarm civilians and the people whose guns we want to take still have them!

Not if you allow a criminal enterprise to operate at the very same event where the intent was to lower the number of guns on the market, they won't.

The police should have arrested the gun buyers as interfering with official police operations the moment they started that bullsh!t (and then immediately released them since it was a fairly obvious move the police should have been prepared for and posted signs regarding beforehand).
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 12:52:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
When I first heard about the gun buyback program I thought the exact same thing, they will buy back any gun for 300, why don't people set up their own buy back program and offer 350? Few guns are worth less than 350. Except maybe for the cheapest of the cheap and some rimfire guns.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2013 1:28:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/29/2013 12:52:18 PM, lewis20 wrote:
When I first heard about the gun buyback program I thought the exact same thing, they will buy back any gun for 300, why don't people set up their own buy back program and offer 350? Few guns are worth less than 350. Except maybe for the cheapest of the cheap and some rimfire guns.

If you pay $350 for a Remington 870, you just got ripped off. Same for a used Browning A5.

Most .38 revolvers can be purchased for much less than $350 as well.

My aunt has a little .17 automatic she keeps in her purse. Wasn't even $350 brand new off the shelf.

$300 isn't gonna get someone to turn in their 1911, but if someone is spending the money for a 1911, I'm not so worried about that particular weapon, anyway.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...