Jump to topic:

Homeland security Gem...

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:40:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is much better than having a gun yourself.......muuuuuuch better. (Jesus....I feel afraid for every office that adopts this as it's training video.)
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:43:26 PM
Wow...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:47:00 PM
I se it as pretty helpful tbh, though this video is under the assumption nobody has a gun. If you did, then I'm assuming that would fall under fight.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:49:15 PM
At 1/31/2013 6:47:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I se it as pretty helpful tbh, though this video is under the assumption nobody has a gun. If you did, then I'm assuming that would fall under fight.

But still, fight a gunman with a chair? Good luck.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:53:55 PM
At 1/31/2013 6:49:15 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

But still, fight a gunman with a chair? Good luck.

They said if you have no other option. Personally, I would have slammed the door in his face repeatedly. And, what the hell else are you suppose to do? A chair to the face will do more than tickle. Fists aren't gonna do much for the average person.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:54:28 PM

This video falls into the "no sh*t" category. Run, Hide, Fight.......Yup.....We needed a video to instruct us on basic, instinctual reaction.

What is that instinct called? Fight or flight?...Seems like we already f*cking know this part.

It would have been more helpful if they created a McGuyver video on how make a hand-sanitizer fire ball missle.....Or.....maybe how to judge if the shooter is left-handed or right handed, to better understand the shooter's natural restriction.....you know...things that combat veterans learn...
Vidi, vici, veni.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:56:13 PM
At 1/31/2013 6:54:28 PM, Heineken wrote:

This video falls into the "no sh*t" category. Run, Hide, Fight.......Yup.....We needed a video to instruct us on basic, instinctual reaction.

What is that instinct called? Fight or flight?...Seems like we already f*cking know this part.

It would have been more helpful if they created a McGuyver video on how make a hand-sanitizer fire ball missle.....Or.....maybe how to judge if the shooter is left-handed or right handed, to better understand the shooter's natural restriction.....you know...things that combat veterans learn...

So? Still pretty Helpful info. Just basic instructions. Some people do stupid stuff in those situations. Helps for them to have a basic guideline.

Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 6:57:23 PM
Also...I think the AP already has this story...but we had a school shooting in Atlanta today. 15 year old kid tried to execute his class-mate. There was an off-duty cop stationed at the school...disarmed and arrested the shooter within minutes.

I want Obama to give a press-conference on that....since he opposed armed guards.
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2013 7:01:25 PM
At 1/31/2013 6:56:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 1/31/2013 6:54:28 PM, Heineken wrote:

So? Still pretty Helpful info. Just basic instructions. Some people do stupid stuff in those situations. Helps for them to have a basic guideline.

Dude, after 8 years of military service, I can tell you with absolute certainty...this is a cya (cover your a**) video. It's not about helping, it's about creating the appearance of a "proactive" agency.
We had videos like this once every three months at Commander's call. Then we went back to our jobs and our Sergeant would tell us:"Forget that sh*t. If we get a bomb-threat, don't seek shelter under your desk. Leave the building like greased sh*t on ice."
Vidi, vici, veni.