Jump to topic:

State of The Union

XDToasty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:11:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
With the State of The Union next week, I must ask. To my liberal friends what do you want to hear? To my conservative friends what do you want to hear?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:12:13 PM
Why does it matter what I want to hear? What matters is what I want to see happen.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:31:06 PM
At 2/5/2013 8:11:19 PM, XDToasty wrote:
With the State of The Union next week, I must ask. To my liberal friends what do you want to hear? To my conservative friends what do you want to hear?

"I will be resigning effective immediately" ~ Obama's 2013 State of the Union
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:36:39 PM
At 2/5/2013 8:31:06 PM, DanT wrote:

Yo, Dan Low T, fess up, your rightist politics are really mere overcompensation for your low masculine self-esteem, am I right? Or do I just have you confused with a great number of other male individuals on the right?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:42:08 PM

You want Biden to be president?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 8:44:59 PM
At 2/5/2013 8:42:08 PM, Wnope wrote:

O.O
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 9:16:35 PM
I want to see Obama come out against the patriot act, ndaa, cut the military budget and make civil liberties a priority.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 10:13:34 PM
At 2/5/2013 8:36:39 PM, charleslb wrote:

Yo, Dan Low T, fess up, your rightist politics are really mere overcompensation for your low masculine self-esteem, am I right? Or do I just have you confused with a great number of other male individuals on the right?

I'm not right wing, nor am I left wing, I'm Libertarian. Right wing favors the status quo, and Left wing favors reform.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2013 10:14:24 PM

Better than 2 more years of Obama. Obama is too dangerous.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 5:49:16 PM
At 2/5/2013 10:13:34 PM, DanT wrote:
At 2/5/2013 8:36:39 PM, charleslb wrote:

Oh just shut it. I may be slim, but I'm on varsity cross country and track. My individualism also is present in sports, as well as in my political beliefs.

I'm not right wing, nor am I left wing, I'm Libertarian. Right wing favors the status quo, and Left wing favors reform.

I must say, I'm also a libertarian, but my political positions lie on the right wing of the spectrum (free enterprise and individual rights).

I'd love it if Obama proposed real compromise. Agreed to pass the GOP's budget that finally balances the budget, and through this realizes that programs like federal subsidized housing, welfare, and job training are all ineffective and just harming the economy.

I hope that Obama proposes really lowering corporate taxes and transforming America into a territorial tax system.

I hope Obama takes up Simpson Bowles.

Obama is too liberal though for most (if not all) of this.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 5:55:34 PM
At 2/5/2013 10:14:24 PM, DanT wrote:

Better than 2 more years of Obama. Obama is too dangerous.

You'll be fondly reminiscing about the Obama years if Biden finds his way to the White House. I don't like him either, but Biden is like the best insurance policy for keeping Obama from getting assassinated, like EVER.

Biden is like Obama, except crazy to boot. He also can't keep his trap shut half the time. Though, since press conferences are apparently not required of the president any longer, perhaps that doesn't matter.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 8:19:58 PM

I wanna hear Mitt Romney cry softly in the corner of the room as he wishes he was the one giving the State of the Union.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 8:20:21 PM
At 2/5/2013 10:33:28 PM, Raisor wrote:
If I could give a state of the union:

f*cking yes!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 1:14:48 AM

The truth.
No pandering, no politics, no misleading stats, no double-speak, just the truth.
My work here is, finally, done.