Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Talk Radio

Orpheus
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:22:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Does anyone listen to talk radio?

I happen to love it. It's one of the reasons I looked to seek out a debate website. I love hearing people talk and I always want to engage in good debate or conversation but you can't talk to the radio...

Who do you listen to? Or do you find talk radio boring?
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:30:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The only talk radio I hear around here is Conservative. Rush, Hannity etc.
Like most neo-cons I agree when they talk about fiscal policy and such but not on much else.
I couldn't even name a liberal or Libertarian host on air around here.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Orpheus
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:32:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 6:30:29 PM, lewis20 wrote:
The only talk radio I hear around here is Conservative. Rush, Hannity etc.
Like most neo-cons I agree when they talk about fiscal policy and such but not on much else.
I couldn't even name a liberal or Libertarian host on air around here.

I like Andy Dean and Mark Levin and Glen Beck. Those are my favorites.

Rush is entertaining usually as well.
The_Master_Riddler
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:33:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I love listening to my grandmother, who just got a talk show on 1430 AM in Houston, Texas.
Stay Alive, Solve Riddles
The_Master_Riddler
P.S. Can I have your autograph?
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:39:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Jerry Doyle is one I like.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:47:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I listen to NPR sometimes, usually when the classical music station is running a pledge drive. People say the most candid things; it's downright bizarre to me. They had a real estate lobbyist on once who basically agreed that the mortgage deductible is a pay-off to realtors, as they just jack the housing prices up once people can afford to pay more. He then went through, in detail, how they would threaten to paint any legislator who attempted to repeal it as an enemy of the middle class in order to keep the easy money flowing. I was dumbfounded that someone would be enough of a slime-ball to proudly trumpet this sort of thing on the air.

Just an aside: their bias is actually not nearly as bad as it's made out to be; I've found that the mainstream media is much more egregious when it comes to that.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Orpheus
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:47:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 6:39:18 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Jerry Doyle is one I like.

Yeah I've heard a little of him. He's pretty good.

I can't even listen to music in my car anymore, it's always just talk whenever I can find it.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 6:53:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Talk radio is highly entertaining and informative.

Alex Jones Show on XM 126
Mark Levin
Wilkow Majority
Fox News Radio
Sean Hannity on Patriot XM
NRA Talk on Patriot XM
Michael Savage
Lars Larson
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:16:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

My younger brother is hopelessly hooked on Glenn Beck, and carries a gun around the city.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:21:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

Says the person who practically worships the ground Alex Jones spouts unfounded conspiracies off of.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:27:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:21:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

Says the person who practically worships the ground Alex Jones spouts unfounded conspiracies off of.

He is right though.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:28:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:27:06 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:21:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

Says the person who practically worships the ground Alex Jones spouts unfounded conspiracies off of.

He is right though.

Pretty much, but still, I find them more intelligent than Alex Jones. Their stupid, but not that stupid.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:30:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:28:42 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:27:06 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:21:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

Says the person who practically worships the ground Alex Jones spouts unfounded conspiracies off of.

He is right though.

Pretty much, but still, I find them more intelligent than Alex Jones. Their stupid, but not that stupid.

Were you a big fan of them before you joined ddo?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Orpheus
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:44:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:16:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

My younger brother is hopelessly hooked on Glenn Beck, and carries a gun around the city.

There's nothing wrong with that. He's entitled to that right.

I wish I could carry a gun.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 7:48:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:44:16 PM, Orpheus wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:16:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

My younger brother is hopelessly hooked on Glenn Beck, and carries a gun around the city.

There's nothing wrong with that. He's entitled to that right.

I wish I could carry a gun.

He is a policeman.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 8:25:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 6:22:43 PM, Orpheus wrote:
Does anyone listen to talk radio?

I happen to love it. It's one of the reasons I looked to seek out a debate website. I love hearing people talk and I always want to engage in good debate or conversation but you can't talk to the radio...

Who do you listen to? Or do you find talk radio boring?

On the right (in order of favorites)
Mike McConnell (haven't heard him in years, though)
Glenn Beck, before he went to Fox News (while he was on CNN and no one cared)
Jason Lewis (is now my current number one, but he seems different and less enjoyable in the last few months)
Rush, although I rarely listen to him, but he was entertaining if you get past his ego

On the left
Racheal Maddow, before she got her TV show
Norman Goldman
Thom Hartman

As for the rest, I generally can't stand them. This goes especially goes for Mark Levin, Mike Malloy, Hannity, and Ed Schultz. They are too pompous, partisan, and, in the case of the first two, angry and insulting. The rest I don't like as I find them to be too partisan and/or unintelligent.
My work here is, finally, done.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 8:28:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:21:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

Says the person who practically worships the ground Alex Jones spouts unfounded conspiracies off of.

Alex Jones is running an honest operation that operates fairly in the free market and the free market of ideas. Glenn Beck has been exposed as a scam plagiarist even admitted in Rolling Stone and Breitbart.

Glenn Beck said he absolutely knew for a fact that FEMA Camps exist because he saw the footage and documents, then later the next day he said "never mind, they are a fairy tale." He also suggested killing Ron Paul supporters because they are "Islamo-fascist extremists."

And you wanna tell me Beck is more sane? Get out.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Orpheus
Posts: 60
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 8:28:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:48:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:44:16 PM, Orpheus wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:16:50 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

My younger brother is hopelessly hooked on Glenn Beck, and carries a gun around the city.

There's nothing wrong with that. He's entitled to that right.

I wish I could carry a gun.

He is a policeman.

I still don't understand what you're trying to say. You tried to connect Glen Beck to carrying a gun in a negative way.

Explain?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 9:23:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/6/2013 7:30:12 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:28:42 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:27:06 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:21:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 2/6/2013 7:15:27 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
For the record, Glenn Beck is pure trash, he is a lying scam artist who does whatever it takes to undermine competition and to purposefully discredit legitimate information.

To make things worse, his radio show isn't even entertaining, it's quite boring and insubstantial.

Limbaugh is just an idiot.

Says the person who practically worships the ground Alex Jones spouts unfounded conspiracies off of.

He is right though.

Pretty much, but still, I find them more intelligent than Alex Jones. Their stupid, but not that stupid.

Were you a big fan of them before you joined ddo?

Not really. I found them more annoying TBH. Though they do occasionally make ok points, its all muddled in huge bias against and hate for all things democratic/liberal.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 9:30:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I listen to a lot of speeches, interviews, and lectures.

Here's a talk show I listen to a lot---------------->
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/6/2013 9:51:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Back in about 2000 I started listening to G. Gordon Liddy. I didn't know the difference between a Democrat or a Republican at the time, but this guy was great. He was a right-winger, but SO much more sophisticated than the likes of Rush, Savage, Levin, Hannity, and Beck. This guy was a lawyer, a one-time FBI agent, a prison inmate (he was one of the people hired to break into watergate), and he just had a whole lot of cool things to say about life in general. He opened my eyes to a lot of things that ultimately formed my current views.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.