Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Let This Sink In Your Head For a Moment

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:03:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Fact 1: Obama is taking tax payer money to send F-16s and tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood dictator, Morsi. This man terrorizes protesters with thugs and rapists, denies the Holocaust, and says "Jews are apes."

Fact 2: Obama is attempting to ban a majority of guns used by American citizens and disarm Constitutionalist and Tea Partiers.

Fact 3: Obama says guns are bad and says semi-automatics shouldn't be carried by civilians, yet he sends thousands of assault weapons to violent drug cartels that kill hundreds of Mexicans and 2 border patrol agents.

Proof: =================================================

"Morsi is under fire for trying to seize dictatorial powers and allegedly siccing thugs and rapists on protesters.

Florida Rep.Vern Buchanan, who recently called for ending foreign aid to Egypt altogether, said the Muslim Brotherhood-backed Morsi government has been sending increasingly troubling signals to Washington, and giving it state-of-the-art fighter jets is a dangerous idea."

http://www.foxnews.com...

"Obama will back Feinstein"s bill to reinstate assault weapons ban"
http://www.salon.com...

"The latest congressional report on Operation Fast and Furious found that the gunwalking-program-turned-scandal was the result of a "deliberate strategy created at the highest levels of the Justice Department"

http://dailycaller.com...

Are these the actions of a man with good intentions?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:07:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Obama didn't sign the ally treaty with Egypt.

This is where your ant-Obama sentiments outweigh your somewhat rational other arguments and you lose all credibility.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:12:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 6:07:41 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
Obama didn't sign the ally treaty with Egypt.

This is where your ant-Obama sentiments outweigh your somewhat rational other arguments and you lose all credibility.

"U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military back in 2010. But since Mubarak's ouster, the democratically elected Morsi has sent mixed signals about whether he wants an alliance with Washington, even meeting with leaders in Iran earlier this year.

"The Morsi-led Muslim Brotherhood government has not proven to be a partner for democracy as they had promised, given the recent attempted power grab," a senior Republican congressional aide told FoxNews.com.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, (R-Fla.), who chairs the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, recently criticized U.S. military aid to Egypt:

"The Obama administration wants to simply throw money at an Egyptian government that the president cannot even clearly state is an ally of the United States," Rep. Ros-Lehtinen said."

http://www.foxnews.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:30:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 6:12:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/7/2013 6:07:41 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
Obama didn't sign the ally treaty with Egypt.

This is where your ant-Obama sentiments outweigh your somewhat rational other arguments and you lose all credibility.

"U.S. government ordered and paid for the fighter jets for Egypt's military back in 2010. But since Mubarak's ouster, the democratically elected Morsi has sent mixed signals about whether he wants an alliance with Washington, even meeting with leaders in Iran earlier this year.

"The Morsi-led Muslim Brotherhood government has not proven to be a partner for democracy as they had promised, given the recent attempted power grab," a senior Republican congressional aide told FoxNews.com.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, (R-Fla.), who chairs the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, recently criticized U.S. military aid to Egypt:

"The Obama administration wants to simply throw money at an Egyptian government that the president cannot even clearly state is an ally of the United States," Rep. Ros-Lehtinen said."

http://www.foxnews.com...

except they are. we got a treaty with them and everything and until they break it, we're their ally. talking with other nations in the region about things which only the involved parties know is now breaking the treaty.

Get your news from the UK instead of FOX. it distorts you perception of reality because it is just as ikely to be inaccurate as accurate.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 6:46:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Or I could cite ynet news, a site that AP and Reuters contribute to.

http://www.ynetnews.com...

And oh look, it is Obama's fault.

"The Obama administration is gearing up to supply Egypt with everything if might have wanted on its Christmas list.

First on the list? Twenty more elite fighter jets costing taxpayers $213 million -- to be delivered to the North African nation's arguably militant Muslim Brotherhood leadership. This is reported to be part of a $1 billion gift package, which would also include 200 tanks in a later installment."

http://www.onenewsnow.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:01:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 6:46:33 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Or I could cite ynet news, a site that AP and Reuters contribute to.

http://www.ynetnews.com...

And oh look, it is Obama's fault.

"The Obama administration is gearing up to supply Egypt with everything if might have wanted on its Christmas list.

First on the list? Twenty more elite fighter jets costing taxpayers $213 million -- to be delivered to the North African nation's arguably militant Muslim Brotherhood leadership. This is reported to be part of a $1 billion gift package, which would also include 200 tanks in a later installment."

http://www.onenewsnow.com...

I don't like who we ally ourselves with in the middle east either (as far as I'm concerned, we should have no allies in the region and do what we can to keep from making enemies right now), but Obama, who I also believe to be a sh!tty president, didn't sign the treaties with the RECOGNIZED allies we do have there (more than Iraq, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and one other I can't remember at the moment are our ALLIES like NATO members are our allies), so you can hardly blame him for supplying these 'strong' allies with the same sh!t we supply Canada or any other signatory ally with is all I'm saying.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:03:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we do not consider them an enemy," Obama said, reacting to the ongoing and intense demonstrations outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.
...
"'Ally' is a legal term of art. We don't have a mutual defense treaty with Egypt like we do with our NATO allies. But as the president has said, Egypt is long-standing and close partner of the United States, and we have built on that foundation by supporting Egypt's transition to democracy and working with the new government," White House spokesman Tommy Vietor said in a statement."

http://www.foxnews.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:10:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 7:03:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we do not consider them an enemy," Obama said, reacting to the ongoing and intense demonstrations outside the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.
...
"'Ally' is a legal term of art. We don't have a mutual defense treaty with Egypt like we do with our NATO allies. But as the president has said, Egypt is long-standing and close partner of the United States, and we have built on that foundation by supporting Egypt's transition to democracy and working with the new government," White House spokesman Tommy Vietor said in a statement."

http://www.foxnews.com...

Signed on September 17 , 1978 the Camp David Accords brought an end to the conflict between Egypt and Israel and acted as the pre-requisite to the 1979 peace treaty. The event was a milestone for U.S.-Egyptian relations because the accords signed by President Anwar Sadat of Egypt and Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin and were mediated by U.S. President Jimmy Carter. As an incentive for Egypt to sign the accords, the United States promised a substantive aid packages for Egypt including military aid that continues today. U.S.-Egyptian relationship has been steadily improving ever since.

You break it, you buy it.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:10:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The acts really aren't that surprising if you look on a larger geo-political level. Washington's status quo is to try to a bribe semi-enemies into submission. We're feeding Pakistan billions while they organize attacks on Karzai's government.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:28:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You know what malcolm, you're right. Obama has no power, everything that happens under his administration is someone else's fault. Never mind that Forbes magazine named Obama the #1 most powerful man in the world, Obama just does nothing, no signing, no rhetoric, no nothing. He can't do anything about what he's doing. He can't disobey treaties with Egypt, although he can disobey the Constitution quite well and quite often.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:37:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You're absolutely right. Maybe we should abandon this form of government where only one person is responsible for anything and everything.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:56:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 7:28:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You know what malcolm, you're right. Obama has no power, everything that happens under his administration is someone else's fault. Never mind that Forbes magazine named Obama the #1 most powerful man in the world, Obama just does nothing, no signing, no rhetoric, no nothing. He can't do anything about what he's doing. He can't disobey treaties with Egypt, although he can disobey the Constitution quite well and quite often.

Now, now, now...I didn't say all o' dat. I've been blaming him for al Alwaki and son, Bradley Manning, The renewal of The Patriot Act (the vote for which, your avatar was the only 'nay' vote, and he gave a brilliant speech after said vote), telcom immunity in domestic spying, the healthcare debacle, and so on and so on. Basically, the Hurricane Sandy response is the only thing he's done right throughout his presidency, and I wonder if that didn't happen in a campaign year if he even would have hit that one like he did.

Given that Bush also did one thing well in his presidency (Africa Foreign Policy), they are now tied for 2nd worst president of all time, except Obama will, for that distinction, get his face carved on Mt Rushmore.

I realize how hypocritical the left is, but I also realize when we hit a spot for which blaming Obama seems uncalled for and makes legit criticism of him fall to the wayside.

This is one of those spots.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2013 7:58:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 7:37:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
You're absolutely right. Maybe we should abandon this form of government where only one person is responsible for anything and everything.

or really start to embrace it since the legislative branch has all but abdicated their constitutional powers to the executive branch.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 1:46:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/7/2013 7:56:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
I also realize when we hit a spot for which blaming Obama seems uncalled for and makes legit criticism of him fall to the wayside.

This is one of those spots.

So Obama has a 40 year old contract with Egypt he has to uphold and he will honor that by sending Egypt F-16s and tanks.

But Obama also has a 250 year old contract with the American people called the Constitution, a document he swore an oath to. He honors it by pledging to take common semi-automatic weapons away from law abiding Americans.

So we have a President who keeps his promises to the Muslim Brotherhood dictator, Jew-hating, rapist. But he won't keep his promises to the American people.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 11:27:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/8/2013 1:46:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/7/2013 7:56:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
I also realize when we hit a spot for which blaming Obama seems uncalled for and makes legit criticism of him fall to the wayside.

This is one of those spots.

So Obama has a 40 year old contract with Egypt he has to uphold and he will honor that by sending Egypt F-16s and tanks.

But Obama also has a 250 year old contract with the American people called the Constitution, a document he swore an oath to. He honors it by pledging to take common semi-automatic weapons away from law abiding Americans.

So we have a President who keeps his promises to the Muslim Brotherhood dictator, Jew-hating, rapist. But he won't keep his promises to the American people.

He hasn't in anything else, really. Why start now? It's bad precedent.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 11:48:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/8/2013 11:27:16 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 2/8/2013 1:46:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/7/2013 7:56:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
I also realize when we hit a spot for which blaming Obama seems uncalled for and makes legit criticism of him fall to the wayside.

This is one of those spots.

So Obama has a 40 year old contract with Egypt he has to uphold and he will honor that by sending Egypt F-16s and tanks.

But Obama also has a 250 year old contract with the American people called the Constitution, a document he swore an oath to. He honors it by pledging to take common semi-automatic weapons away from law abiding Americans.

So we have a President who keeps his promises to the Muslim Brotherhood dictator, Jew-hating, rapist. But he won't keep his promises to the American people.

He hasn't in anything else, really. Why start now? It's bad precedent.

Unless you count healthcare reform...Or getting us out of Iraq. Just sayin'.
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 2:19:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/8/2013 11:48:42 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/8/2013 11:27:16 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 2/8/2013 1:46:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/7/2013 7:56:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
I also realize when we hit a spot for which blaming Obama seems uncalled for and makes legit criticism of him fall to the wayside.

This is one of those spots.

So Obama has a 40 year old contract with Egypt he has to uphold and he will honor that by sending Egypt F-16s and tanks.

But Obama also has a 250 year old contract with the American people called the Constitution, a document he swore an oath to. He honors it by pledging to take common semi-automatic weapons away from law abiding Americans.

So we have a President who keeps his promises to the Muslim Brotherhood dictator, Jew-hating, rapist. But he won't keep his promises to the American people.

He hasn't in anything else, really. Why start now? It's bad precedent.

Unless you count healthcare reform...Or getting us out of Iraq. Just sayin'.

Ha, getting us out of Iraq wasn't anything to be proud of. Its more of a Taliban hotbed than it used to.

And don't even get me started on how badly made the ACA is.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2013 2:37:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/8/2013 11:48:42 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/8/2013 11:27:16 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 2/8/2013 1:46:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/7/2013 7:56:57 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
I also realize when we hit a spot for which blaming Obama seems uncalled for and makes legit criticism of him fall to the wayside.

This is one of those spots.

So Obama has a 40 year old contract with Egypt he has to uphold and he will honor that by sending Egypt F-16s and tanks.

But Obama also has a 250 year old contract with the American people called the Constitution, a document he swore an oath to. He honors it by pledging to take common semi-automatic weapons away from law abiding Americans.

So we have a President who keeps his promises to the Muslim Brotherhood dictator, Jew-hating, rapist. But he won't keep his promises to the American people.

He hasn't in anything else, really. Why start now? It's bad precedent.

Unless you count healthcare reform...Or getting us out of Iraq. Just sayin'.

We're back in Iraq
(we were out for like a whole month...on the border with an invasion force at the ready...anyway, pages A15-16 of the NYT are the new place where important news like this gets reported).

Healthcare (The ACA) is a joke. Know how I know this will benefit insurance companies more than people? EVERY major healthcare stock rose the day The ACA got passed.

Repealing DADT would have happened with McCain, so you're gonna have to keep digging to find something positive outside of the Hurricane Sandy Campaign Tour he oversaw.

http://i.imgur.com...
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...