Jump to topic:

Religion influence on American poli

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 4:12:15 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
I was recently debating about religion in politics and how it should be left out of our government.
His argument was that the constitution did not spell out exactly, "separation of church in state.
Then he asked where in our history has religion hurt the United States via laws and legislation.

I brought up G.W bush but was challenged with...
(first youtube clip response)

"I don't see why you have a problem with this. Everyone is forced, often at the most crucial
times, to act upon faith. If you insist upon a faithless president, you are requiring your leaders to be atheist. At least this man has the empathy to say that we all pray to the same God."

then..

http://www.beliefnet.com...

"Religion is an important part. I never want to impose my religion on anybody else. But when I make decisions I stand on principle. And the principles are derived from who I am. I believe we ought to love our neighbor like we love ourself. That's manifested in public policy through the faith-based initiative where we've unleashed the armies of compassion to help heal people who hurt. I believe that God wants everybody to be free. That's what I believe. And that's one part of my foreign policy. In Afghanistan I believe that the freedom there is a giftfrom the Almighty. And I can't tell you how encouraged how I am to see freedom on the march. And so my principles that I make decisions on are a part of me. And religion is a part of me."
--Third Presidential Debate, Tempe, AZ, October 13, 2004
he said..
"Persons, who have no problem with tolerating others who believe in a living God with influence on life and creation, would accept these as quotes from a man doing what he believes is right. If a creator gave man a choice of action, that creator would have to be a supporter of freedom. The name, Almighty God, only recognizes that the creator ultimately has the final influence. Where is the problem? "

So i ask you guys...
Why is religion bad for the united states, in terms of allowing a president who has a crazy belief in god to rule.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 4:21:03 PM
At 11/1/2009 4:12:15 PM, comoncents wrote:

So i ask you guys...
Why is religion bad for the united states, in terms of allowing a president who has a crazy belief in god to rule.

Someone with executive power who believes Armageddon will arrive, most likely in their lifetime, will make decisions (most likely poor ones) based on that pretext.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 4:47:08 PM
George W. Bush is a Satanist, not a Christian. He's a member of Skull & Bones which is a Satanic cult for the wealthy.

http://www.roguegovernment.com...

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 4:51:45 PM
At 11/1/2009 4:47:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
George W. Bush is a Satanist, not a Christian. He's a member of Skull & Bones which is a Satanic cult for the wealthy.

http://www.roguegovernment.com...

Geo, Bush is not a Satanist. Skull and Bones is nothing but a silly fraternal society at Harvard. There is not a conspiracy to be found around every corner.

Besides, so what if he was? Satanists, Christians, Mormons.. who gives a f*ck?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 4:56:24 PM
If Bush was a Satanist he probably would have been a better president.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 5:04:41 PM
At 11/1/2009 4:56:24 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Lol. Agreed.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 5:11:55 PM

Worked for Dick Chaney (VP, anyway).
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 5:16:13 PM
At 11/1/2009 5:04:41 PM, Volkov wrote:

Lol. Agreed.

Careful there opposition. Satanists tend to be pretty libertarian.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 5:28:57 PM
At 11/1/2009 5:16:13 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I suppose they would, or at least LeVey Satanists would. Carnal desires and such.

Mind you, we don't have any Satanists to quiz about it. Unless you're omitting something from your past...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 8:10:15 PM
Sinclair Lewis once said, "When fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross."
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 10:51:50 AM

I agree, except he is Satanist, and things would be even worse if he were a Christian.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 2:32:13 PM
At 11/2/2009 10:51:50 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I agree, except he is Satanist, and things would be even worse if he were a Christian.

Bush is NOT a Satanist.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 3:34:56 PM
At 11/2/2009 2:32:13 PM, Volkov wrote:

Bush is NOT a Satanist.

Lol, how do you know?? hmm....
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 3:51:20 PM
At 11/2/2009 3:34:56 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Bush is NOT a Satanist.

How do you know he is? Geo's very credible sources?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 3:57:11 PM
At 11/2/2009 3:51:20 PM, Volkov wrote:

Bush is NOT a Satanist.

Prisonplanet is the real deal.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 3:59:24 PM
At 11/2/2009 3:57:11 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Bush is NOT a Satanist.

I'm sure it is. Were you also aware the Moon is actually alive and dances at night when you're not looking?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 4:01:13 PM
At 11/2/2009 3:59:24 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/2/2009 3:57:11 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Bush is NOT a Satanist.

I'm sure it is. Were you also aware the Moon is actually alive and dances at night when you're not looking?

I've seen it, Volkov. It's a phenomenon easily explained by the aliens from the 5th dimension which are secretly controlling the Illuminati like puppets, and are using the moon as a temporary base.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 4:04:00 PM
At 11/1/2009 5:28:57 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/1/2009 5:16:13 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I suppose they would, or at least LeVey Satanists would. Carnal desires and such.

Mind you, we don't have any Satanists to quiz about it. Unless you're omitting something from your past...

I read the Satanic bible. Shortly after reading Atlas Shrugged. I thought they went well together, until I noticed the epistemology.

And we did have a Satanist for a while I think, can't remember her name.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 4:58:39 PM
At 11/2/2009 4:04:00 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I read the Satanic bible. Shortly after reading Atlas Shrugged. I thought they went well together, until I noticed the epistemology.

Its probably a good thing you aren't espousing the connection between libertarianism and Satanism to others.

Oh, and:

Ragnar Reads Satanic Literature

By the way, where did you find a copy of the Satanic bible?

And we did have a Satanist for a while I think, can't remember her name.

I remember someone posting something about Satanism a while back, but I don't know where they went. I'm guessing Satan wasn't too pleased.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 5:44:34 PM
At 11/2/2009 4:01:13 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

I've seen it, Volkov. It's a phenomenon easily explained by the aliens from the 5th dimension which are secretly controlling the Illuminati like puppets, and are using the moon as a temporary base.

Not quite, but close. The Earth is alive, not the Moon. That's an artificial satellite that was put into our orbit. Why do you think the Moon doesn't spin? The dark side of the moon is always facing away from us because that's where they keep hidden lunar bases that would be visible to a telescope if it were to face us.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 5:55:59 PM
At 11/2/2009 5:44:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Not quite, but close. The Earth is alive, not the Moon. That's an artificial satellite that was put into our orbit. Why do you think the Moon doesn't spin? The dark side of the moon is always facing away from us because that's where they keep hidden lunar bases that would be visible to a telescope if it were to face us.

Sigged, and;

The Moon does rotate, it just rotates at the same rate it orbits. http://www.wonderquest.com...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:01:45 PM
At 11/2/2009 5:55:59 PM, Volkov wrote:

Sigged, and;

The Moon does rotate, it just rotates at the same rate it orbits. http://www.wonderquest.com...

Yes, but it doesn't spin in relation to Earth's perspective. The same side is always facing us. That's my point.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:03:01 PM
Your propaganda has the wrong tense.

By the way, where did you find a copy of the Satanic bible?
Interwebs.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:04:00 PM
At 11/2/2009 6:01:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Yes, but it doesn't spin in relation to Earth's perspective. The same side is always facing us. That's my point.

And that link explains why. It rotates at the speed it orbits, meaning the same face will always be to us. Its got to do with gravity, synchronicity, and all sorts of little scientific goodies.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:09:19 PM
At 11/2/2009 6:04:00 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 11/2/2009 6:01:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

And that link explains why. It rotates at the speed it orbits, meaning the same face will always be to us. Its got to do with gravity, synchronicity, and all sorts of little scientific goodies.

why do you need to have such complicated explanations. The moon has obviously got a thing for the Earth.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:10:27 PM

You've just played right into my satirical hand. Well done. Sometimes I wonder if you perpetuate these absurd ideas for the sake of gaining notoriety.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:15:41 PM
At 11/2/2009 6:10:27 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

You've just played right into my satirical hand. Well done. Sometimes I wonder if you perpetuate these absurd ideas for the sake of gaining notoriety.

Your satire was obvious, but I was pointing out that it was actually not too far from reality.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:19:56 PM
At 11/2/2009 6:15:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/2/2009 6:10:27 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Your satire was obvious, but I was pointing out that it was actually not too far from reality.

How do you know that your beliefs are reality? First of all, something being different than the social norm doesn't make it automatic truth; second of all, if the government/mainstream media is capable of 'bending the truth', all of these alleged "truth sites" would be just as capable of doing so, for the sake of getting a good laugh.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 6:32:41 PM
At 11/2/2009 6:19:56 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/2/2009 6:15:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

How do you know that your beliefs are reality?

Concerning the moon, I have several independent sources including scientists and insiders saying the same thing.

First of all, something being different than the social norm doesn't make it automatic truth;
if the government/mainstream media is capable of 'bending the truth', all of these alleged "truth sites" would be just as capable of doing so, for the sake of getting a good laugh.

Yes, there are disinfo agents that do infiltrate these "truth" and conspiracy sites. I'm aware of that.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat