Jump to topic:

Marco Rubio

XDToasty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:17:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Marco Rubio has slammed Obama for not doing anything when it comes to immigration . Marco Rubio won the 2010 elections for the senate and he had a lot of support from the Latino community , Why? well in my opinion it's because he is Latino and he made promises to the latino community making them feel as if he was one of them.

But what has Marco Rubio done on immigration ? I ask because I recently saw a latinos protest against him.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:48:30 AM
As a Latino, I will say Marco Rubio SUCKS. He's Bilderberg scum who thinks American citizens can be indefinitely detained without trial or jury.

Also, why do Latinos who already live here and can vote, care about immigration so much? The ones who should care about immigration shouldn't be voting in the first place because they're not even legal!

I could care less about immigration except it's affect on my wallet.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 9:56:53 AM
As a person he seems like a nice guy. I think he's too socially conservative and that he lacks fiscal pragmatism, but of the new GOP vanguard he's less irritating than most.
Tsar of DDO
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 10:04:35 AM
At 2/12/2013 9:48:30 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Also, why do Latinos who already live here and can vote, care about immigration so much? The ones who should care about immigration shouldn't be voting in the first place because they're not even legal!

A lot of us have relatives who can't afford to go through the biased immigration process. That's why we care.
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 10:07:26 AM
Incidentally, does anybody else ever get this issue where what you're typing in DDO ends up not going through for a bazillion key-strokes? Takes a second or so to start typing again, and my flashing vertical typing line just stands there, flashing. Lag!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 12:18:04 PM
At 2/12/2013 10:04:35 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:

A lot of us have relatives who can't afford to go through the biased immigration process. That's why we care.

Is it biased? I'd imagine that it seems that way because people coming from Mexico are in the millions therefore more Mexicans have long waiting lists. The number of people immigrating here from other countries is significantly smaller than those coming from Mexico.

Immigrants from Mexico have the advantage of convenience and being right next to the border. How about Chinese immigrants or immigrants from India?

I do care about people being deported because that's simply not the compassionate thing to do unless you're a criminal. I support the eventual path to citizenship for people who are already here.

I'm curious though, if the entire population of Mexico wanted to immigrate to the U.S., should we allow them over the border and grant them all immediate citizenship?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 2:17:54 PM
At 2/12/2013 12:18:04 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/12/2013 10:04:35 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:

Is it biased? I'd imagine that it seems that way because people coming from Mexico are in the millions therefore more Mexicans have long waiting lists. The number of people immigrating here from other countries is significantly smaller than those coming from Mexico.

Immigrants from Mexico have the advantage of convenience and being right next to the border. How about Chinese immigrants or immigrants from India?

I do care about people being deported because that's simply not the compassionate thing to do unless you're a criminal. I support the eventual path to citizenship for people who are already here.

I'm curious though, if the entire population of Mexico wanted to immigrate to the U.S., should we allow them over the border and grant them all immediate citizenship?

I call it biased because of the quota system, in addition to the costs. They're out of reach for most people in a country like Mexico, but fall right at the affordable-line for European immigrants.
MakeItCount
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2013 11:07:14 PM
In all honesty, the reason why people are being deported is because of 2 things:
1. THEY DONT PAY TAXES
2. THEY ARE TECHNICALLY ILLIGAL IN ANY COUNTRY OTHER THAN THEIR ORIGINAL COUNTRY

I do not understand why people are so critical when in comes to the government policies on immigration. It is nearly the same for every other country. To be honest, you are the very poison the media is criticized for. You decide a political leader on their ethnic background rather than their own political opinions. I don't like Obama's Robin Hood act but that does not make me feel any different about more important things, like the encouragement for abortion. Marco Rubio can have his approach to things, and you need to respect that. I hope that Marco will run for president so he can get us out of debt. The republicans understand that after you spend money on things like health care, it doesn't come back. That might explain the massive debt that is compiling we speak. Marco can same the country, vote for him so that you can Make It Count!!!