Quote by JFK

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 3:52:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." - JFK

Too many of us now days just want life to be easy and all about ourselves. What about becoming strong? Achieving what you want and what you can? What about strength through adversity?

It makes me sick to think the modern democratic party holds men like JFK in esteem when they aren't even close to being of the same caliber.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 3:56:03 PM
At 2/13/2013 3:52:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Too many of us now days just want life to be easy and all about ourselves. What about becoming strong? Achieving what you want and what you can? What about strength through adversity?

It makes me sick to think the modern democratic party holds men like JFK in esteem when they aren't even close to being of the same caliber.

*Catchphrase goes here*
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 4:03:31 PM

I could say the same about Republicans and Reagan...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 4:08:56 PM
At 2/13/2013 4:03:31 PM, imabench wrote:

I could say the same about Republicans and Reagan...

Ugh that's not the point.

You know what, let's just all deflect. Confronting issues is so out... I hate when people change the subject. Sure you could say that about Republicans. Go make your own thread about it.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:11:54 PM
At 2/13/2013 5:08:32 PM, drafterman wrote:
I'm pretty sure he also said, of Marilyn, "Gotta tap dat a$$."

That goes without saying.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:22:24 PM

I'm not even sure what to say to this which isn't derailing.

I guess Clinton had the same idea as JFK.

Dat a$$.

What do you mean by "Too many of us now days just want life to be easy and all about ourselves." ? If anything, ultra-liberal folks who would advocate for extensive social programs are actually thinking about other people- not just themselves.

And if you're referring to the extremely self-centered, technologically oriented culture which we all take part in by buying more and more fancy tools which make our lives easier but also more isolated, then why is this thread about democrats?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:24:06 PM
At 2/13/2013 5:22:24 PM, Oryus wrote:

Dat a$$.

What do you mean by "Too many of us now days just want life to be easy and all about ourselves." ? If anything, ultra-liberal folks who would advocate for extensive social programs are actually thinking about other people- not just themselves.

And if you're referring to the extremely self-centered, technologically oriented culture which we all take part in by buying more and more fancy tools which make our lives easier but also more isolated, then why is this thread about democrats?

I <3 technology and am a moderate conservative... *gasp*
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:29:12 PM
At 2/13/2013 5:24:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 2/13/2013 5:22:24 PM, Oryus wrote:

Dat a$$.

Well, you're a fraud.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:36:32 PM
At 2/13/2013 5:29:12 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/13/2013 5:24:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Well, you're a beast

Fix'd ;)

http://youtu.be...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2013 5:59:16 PM

Um... didn't JFK's administration, as well as LBJ's directly following it, *start* the modern welfare system? I know JFK lasted only three years, but as far as I can tell his policies were aimed at creating the current social assistance programs you're disparaging - look at the New Frontier programs that JFK supported, and which formed some of LBJ's Great Society policies directly afterwards.

In other words, stop cherrypicking statements.