Jump to topic:

health bill a gift 4 trial lawyers

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 6:14:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Remember Obama's effort to try a "test" for tort reform? (We don't actually need a test, since it has worked to lower medical malpractice coverage and help increase access to doctors in states that have tried it.) Well, Pelosi's bill has an anti-tort-reform measure. On pages 1431-1433 of the 1990 spellbinder, there is a financial incentive for states to try "alternative medical liability laws." But look — you don't get the incentive if you have a law that would "limit attorneys' fees or impose caps on damages." That's what the trial lawyers get for the millions spent in supporting the Democratic party, and that's what tort "reform" in the Alice-in-Wonderland world of health-care legislation amounts to. States will be strong-armed into repealing existing caps in order to get the Fed's money. Sweet, huh? Well, unless you thought the aim was to reduce medical costs. No, this will go a long way toward ensuring that tort lawyers remain rich, malpractice insurance remains high, and unnecessary defensive medicine remains a fixture of the health-care system. Nice going, Nancy!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2009 8:37:28 PM
At 11/1/2009 6:14:54 PM, banker wrote:
Remember Obama's effort to try a "test" for tort reform? (We don't actually need a test, since it has worked to lower medical malpractice coverage and help increase access to doctors in states that have tried it.) Well, Pelosi's bill has an anti-tort-reform measure. On pages 1431-1433 of the 1990 spellbinder, there is a financial incentive for states to try "alternative medical liability laws." But look — you don't get the incentive if you have a law that would "limit attorneys' fees or impose caps on damages." That's what the trial lawyers get for the millions spent in supporting the Democratic party, and that's what tort "reform" in the Alice-in-Wonderland world of health-care legislation amounts to. States will be strong-armed into repealing existing caps in order to get the Fed's money. Sweet, huh? Well, unless you thought the aim was to reduce medical costs. No, this will go a long way toward ensuring that tort lawyers remain rich, malpractice insurance remains high, and unnecessary defensive medicine remains a fixture of the health-care system. Nice going, Nancy!

Does anyone here really trust lawyers?
I know i have never trusted them fully... so why should i trust obama, fully?

Why do we vote them in office so frequently?
Senators, Congressmen, District House of Delegates, Presidents, Governors... etc.
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 5:06:42 AM
Commoncents is right,I also like to add,that doctors typicaly work 9 out of 12 monthes for their malpractice insurance...! If we just curb the trial layers unsatiable appetite,we could rescue healthcare...! The way libs are catering to trial layers ,is insuring that the insurance industry will follow banking industies lead...! I hope obama is goIng to be as uneffective as his selutions are...! Stimules proved to be a disaster...! Iran policey is a total comedy...! Afganiston war makes iraq look like a major success...! Now in a time when baby boomers lookout for madicare we can't rely on obama not to play with the system ..!

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 4:01:44 PM
After losing banks we should be more carefull..! Now the same libs try to destroy the insurance industry ,to favor trial lawyers

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2009 9:17:13 PM
At 11/1/2009 8:37:28 PM, comoncents wrote: : : At 11/1/2009 6:14:54 PM, banker wrote: : : Remember Obama's effort to try a "test" for .tort reform? (We don't actually need a test, since it has worked to lower medical malpractice coverage and help increase access to doctors in states that have tried it.) Well, Pelosi's bill has an anti-tort-reform measure. On pages 1431-1433 of the 1990 spellbinder, there is a financial incentive for states to try "alternative medical liability laws." But look ? you don't get the incentive if you have a law that would "limit attorneys' fees or impose caps on damages." That's what the trial lawyers get for the millions spent in supporting the Democratic party, and that's what tort "reform" in the Alice-in-Wonderland world of health-care legislation amounts to. States will be strong-armed into repealing existing caps in order to get the Fed's money. Sweet, huh? Well, unless you thought the aim was to reduce medical costs. No, this will go a long way toward ensuring that tort lawyers remain rich, malpractice insurance remains high, and unnecessary defensive medicine remains a fixture of the health-care system. Nice going, Nancy! : : Does anyone. here really trust lawyers? : I know i have never trusted them fully... so why should i trust obama, fully? : : Why do we vote them in office so frequently? : Senators, Congressmen, District House of Delegates, Presidents, Governors... etc.,

banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2009 12:09:31 AM
The way of this election Let's hope we will exterminate the comi libs 2010

dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2009 2:09:36 PM
At 11/2/2009 4:01:44 PM, banker wrote:
After losing banks we should be more carefull..! Now the same libs try to destroy the insurance industry ,to favor trial lawyers

I'm a former trial lawyer, now retired. Trial lawyers like insurance companies which they call "deep pockets." They certainly don't want to destroy them.

What "tort reform" do you want?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2009 2:34:03 PM
At 11/4/2009 12:09:31 AM, banker wrote:
The way of this election Let's hope we will exterminate the comi libs 2010

lol rofl. I'm a "lib". I hate "comis" like Stalin, Mao and Castro
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2009 2:34:47 PM
At 11/2/2009 4:01:44 PM, banker wrote:

Urrr....a public option increases competition, which benefits the economy.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2009 2:37:07 PM
At 11/1/2009 6:14:54 PM, banker wrote:

The Muslims did it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2009 2:37:54 PM
first off, do you really have to abbreviate 4 when the word "for" only consists of 3 letters.

Second off a public option will increase competition, but by doing so it will crowd out private competition. If competition is profitable, it will happen naturally. The government doesn't need to do it. When the government does it, it competes unfairly.

Government governs, business does business. Government should never be one in the same.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2009 5:02:00 AM
John thanks for your point
It would be helpfull if you would use puctuation marks...