Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
US constitution terms
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2013 9:26:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
United States of America
1 (singular) the federal government "establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
United States in Congress Assembled
1 (singular) the confederate government
1 (singular) the central government "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution"
2 (plural) the Federation of States "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them"
3 (plural) the Confederation of States "We the people of the United States"
1 (plural) the state governments collectively "trade among the several states"
1 (plural) the states governments individually "reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress"
1 (singular) a sovereign entity within the federation
1. (singular) a Republic or Commonweal "the security of a free state"
Republican Form of Government
1. A government subject to rule of law, which serves the whole community, and not just one class, group (majority/minority) or individual. "guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government"
1. (Plural) US citizens "we the people"
2. (Plural) Corporations, such as municipalities "are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
1. (Singular) every able bodied citizen eligible for combat, organized into a civilian military force (not a standing army) "Congress shall have power to provide for calling forth the militia"
1. Training and Disciplining a Military Force "Regulation of the land and naval Forces"
2. A standard or requirement
1. Well Trained, and Well Disciplined Military Forces "A Well Regulated Militia"
2. Well organized
1. To train and discipline a Military Force
2. To create standards and requirements "To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin"
Necessary and Proper
1. Both absolutely essential and limitted to the thing specified "To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers"
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle