Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Seducing Ron Paul

Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 2:27:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Apologies to libertarians and conservatives everywhere!
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 2:36:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ron Paul is actually, if not homophobic, then certainly bothered by the idea of homosexuals and by homosexuality. I suppose many would try to dictate to him what he should believe and how he should feel; this is the essence of statism, the never ending need to control the thoughts and actions of others.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 2:42:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 2:30:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm offended by Ron paul's homophobic behavior he displayed.

Yeah, he should have at least let Sacha put the tip in.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 4:49:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
WOW :) nac
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 4:58:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 2:30:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm offended by Ron paul's homophobic behavior he displayed.

So if a man puts a dick in your face and you don't like it, you're homophobic?

Btw, this is old news.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 5:34:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 4:58:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 2:30:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm offended by Ron paul's homophobic behavior he displayed.

So if a man puts a dick in your face and you don't like it, you're homophobic?

Clearly.


Btw, this is old news.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 5:51:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 2:42:35 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/22/2013 2:30:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm offended by Ron paul's homophobic behavior he displayed.

Yeah, he should have at least let Sacha put the tip in.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 7:15:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 2:36:05 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
Ron Paul is actually, if not homophobic, then certainly bothered by the idea of homosexuals and by homosexuality.

What ever gave you that idea? :)
http://en.wikipedia.org...
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.

Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates, wrote some politically incorrect stuff a few decades ago. on the other hand, his and my enemy, the state, is a massive criminal conspiracy to rob the [expletive deleted] out of everyone and murder innocent people. get your priorities in line people.
proglib
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 7:48:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 5:51:38 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 2/22/2013 2:42:35 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 2/22/2013 2:30:28 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm offended by Ron paul's homophobic behavior he displayed.

Yeah, he should have at least let Sacha put the tip in.



OK, first:

1. My main chance to read DDO is on the bus to or from work. It is really NOT cool to make an old man ROFLMAO in public.

Second:

Oh, f*** it, this crappy ipad won't let me type, anyway, and I'm too old to use the word "cool." :D
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 8:39:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.


Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates,

...Or likely Ron Paul.


wrote some politically incorrect stuff a few decades ago. on the other hand, his :and my enemy, the state, is a massive criminal conspiracy to rob the [expletive :deleted] out of everyone and murder innocent people. get your priorities in line :people.

There's a massive criminal conspiracy to rob everyone?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 9:00:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 8:39:24 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.


Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates,

...Or likely Ron Paul.

Get the fvck out, that's a lie and you know it.

Ron Paul has been on audio and video for 30 years and there's no clips of him speaking in racist terms. An analysis of the language in the newsletters does not match his own linguistic style of writing or speaking. Ron Paul has been vocal against racism.

Ron Paul, 2002: "Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2013 10:36:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 9:00:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 8:39:24 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.


Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates,

...Or likely Ron Paul.

Get the fvck out, that's a lie and you know it.

Ron Paul has been on audio and video for 30 years and there's no clips of him speaking in racist terms. An analysis of the language in the newsletters does not match his own linguistic style of writing or speaking. Ron Paul has been vocal against racism.

Ron Paul, 2002: "Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups."

How come he didn't deny authorship in 1996? And of course if someone becomes popular they will deny any racist statements.

http://thinkprogress.org...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:00:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 10:36:45 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 9:00:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 8:39:24 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.


Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates,

...Or likely Ron Paul.

Get the fvck out, that's a lie and you know it.

Ron Paul has been on audio and video for 30 years and there's no clips of him speaking in racist terms. An analysis of the language in the newsletters does not match his own linguistic style of writing or speaking. Ron Paul has been vocal against racism.

Ron Paul, 2002: "Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups."

How come he didn't deny authorship in 1996? And of course if someone becomes popular they will deny any racist statements.

So if they don't become famous they'll embrace racist statements?

http://thinkprogress.org...

Give me a better source than think progress, they are terrible.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
proglib
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:01:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 10:36:45 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 9:00:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 8:39:24 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.


Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates,

...Or likely Ron Paul.

Get the fvck out, that's a lie and you know it.

Ron Paul has been on audio and video for 30 years and there's no clips of him speaking in racist terms. An analysis of the language in the newsletters does not match his own linguistic style of writing or speaking. Ron Paul has been vocal against racism.

Ron Paul, 2002: "Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups."

How come he didn't deny authorship in 1996? And of course if someone becomes popular they will deny any racist statements.

http://thinkprogress.org...

Oh, wait a minute...now we're having a serious discussion about this?

A lot more fun as humorous LMFAO video with Bruno and "Ru Paul."

Ron Paul seems to have had some pretty backward thinking in the past. Even if he didn't consider himself a racist (which is a very good start and was an even better start in the days when blatant hatred was more rampant, IMHO) he had ideas about people of different color that seemed pretty color-based. (How f***ing PC am I?)

But let's give the guy TWO breaks:

1. In Bruno's "Ru Paul" punking of Mr. Paul, it wasn't until Bruno practically started to rape him that he even got pis*y. The fact that he made remarks about Bruno's sexuality as he was practically running away is, even by my Bay Area PC to the max standards, pretty understandable.

2. 20+ years after Ru Paul's (I can't resist LOL), I mean Mr. Paul's racially insensitive articles, he knows they were racially insensitive and has tried to distance himself from them--perhaps clumsily.

Worst I would say about the guy is that he is not the brightest bulb on the tree. Most guys I know would have had their gay-dar on high alert as soon as they ended up in the room alone with Bruno, and if they had much assertiveness and self-composure would never have lasted as long as "Ru" did.

Again, LMFAO. You guys need to warn me when I'm looking at this sh*t on the bus to work, for Pete's sake!
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 12:03:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Isn't everyone that age racist? Or is it just my grandparents hah
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
proglib
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 1:05:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 12:03:49 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Isn't everyone that age racist? Or is it just my grandparents hah

Hey, "I resemble that remark."

[Go about 3:15 in for the dumb malapropism. On this thread I've seen worse. :D]

More seriously, I'd say almost any white person about my age or over has said--and believed--something just as racially insensitive at some point in their life. Most of us figured out before Mr. "Ru" Paul that it was inappropriate, but better late than never applies here, IMHO
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 5:04:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Who's really racist? Ron Paul for not parroting the PC language on race? Or the politicians that support a drug war which targets blacks and inner cities? The politicians who seek to disarm african americans so they will be easier vicitms of the police, on Ron Paul, for defending the right of every citizen to arm themselves? Politicians who support a minimum wage because it benefits rich white unions at the expense of poor black folk (and poor folk everywhere)? Or Ron Paul who seeks to abolish this restriction on labour?

Here you have the establishment with their feet on the throats of the black community, and they are saying "look over there, it's a scary white man" to distract from the reality of their brutal assault on black america.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 4:59:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/22/2013 9:00:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/22/2013 8:39:24 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/22/2013 7:22:42 PM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
oh no the newsletters! NOT THE NEWSLETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhh.


Ron Paul, or more likely one of his associates,

...Or likely Ron Paul.

Get the fvck out, that's a lie and you know it.

Ron Paul has been on audio and video for 30 years and there's no clips of him speaking in racist terms. An analysis of the language in the newsletters does not match his own linguistic style of writing or speaking. Ron Paul has been vocal against racism.

Ron Paul, 2002: "Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups."

He rejects the idea of a caste system (which is what most racists endorse). His views are probably consistent with Mises's and Rothbard's, which were that blacks were inferior but they could still be integrated and live and work alongside whites because of comparative advantage.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 6:27:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 5:04:47 AM, ZakYoungTheLibertarian wrote:
Who's really racist? Ron Paul for not parroting the PC language on race? Or the politicians that support a drug war which targets blacks and inner :cities?

You're deflecting because you like Ron Paul. Racism in Washington is another topic for another day. Don't try to change subjects.

Politicians who support a minimum wage because it benefits rich white unions at :the expense of poor black folk (and poor folk everywhere)? Or Ron Paul who :seeks to abolish this restriction on labour?

Wait...How is it minimum wage laws hurt poor black folk?
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 6:27:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 12:03:49 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Isn't everyone that age racist? Or is it just my grandparents hah

I'm not racist! Racism is a crime, and crime is for black people! :P
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 7:36:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
You are all making the extreme claim that Ron Paul is not a Libertarian. Libertarian = antithesis of racism.

Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism, because racism is a collectivist idea that you put people in categories. You say, well blacks belong here, and whites here, and women here and we don't see people in forms..or gays. You don't have rights because your gays, or women or minorities, you have rights because you"re an individual. So we see people strictly as individuals. We get these individuals in a natural way. So it's exactly opposite of all collectivism and it's absolutely anti-racism because we don't see it in those terms."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 7:40:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 7:36:03 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You are all making the extreme claim that Ron Paul is not a Libertarian. Libertarian = antithesis of racism.

Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism, because racism is a collectivist idea that you put people in categories. You say, well blacks belong here, and whites here, and women here and we don't see people in forms..or gays. You don't have rights because your gays, or women or minorities, you have rights because you"re an individual. So we see people strictly as individuals. We get these individuals in a natural way. So it's exactly opposite of all collectivism and it's absolutely anti-racism because we don't see it in those terms."

You can still have a Libertarian ideology and be racist.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 7:48:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 7:40:28 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/23/2013 7:36:03 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You are all making the extreme claim that Ron Paul is not a Libertarian. Libertarian = antithesis of racism.

Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism, because racism is a collectivist idea that you put people in categories. You say, well blacks belong here, and whites here, and women here and we don't see people in forms..or gays. You don't have rights because your gays, or women or minorities, you have rights because you"re an individual. So we see people strictly as individuals. We get these individuals in a natural way. So it's exactly opposite of all collectivism and it's absolutely anti-racism because we don't see it in those terms."

You can still have a Libertarian ideology and be racist.

Racism = collectivism
Libertarianism = incompatible with collectivism

Even if you accept that Libertarians can be racist, Ron Paul's brand of Libertarianism is not and has demonstrated that his own personal strong beliefs are antithetical to racism.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 8:04:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 7:48:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 2/23/2013 7:40:28 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 2/23/2013 7:36:03 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
You are all making the extreme claim that Ron Paul is not a Libertarian. Libertarian = antithesis of racism.

Ron Paul: "Libertarianism is the enemy of all racism, because racism is a collectivist idea that you put people in categories. You say, well blacks belong here, and whites here, and women here and we don't see people in forms..or gays. You don't have rights because your gays, or women or minorities, you have rights because you"re an individual. So we see people strictly as individuals. We get these individuals in a natural way. So it's exactly opposite of all collectivism and it's absolutely anti-racism because we don't see it in those terms."

You can still have a Libertarian ideology and be racist.

Racism = collectivism
Libertarianism = incompatible with collectivism


Not every person aligns 100% with the ideologies they most agree with. Ever notice gay Christians?

Ron Paul's brand of Libertarianism is not and has demonstrated that his own personal strong beliefs are antithetical to racism.

Unless you count Ron Paul's own statements.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2013 8:13:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 2/23/2013 6:27:07 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
Wait...How is it minimum wage laws hurt poor black folk?

When the minimum wage rises, and people reevaluate their employees, whom do you think will be laid off in disparately large numbers? The people whom are already subjected to a systemic bias: the elderly, minorities, and low-skilled laborers.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -