Total Posts:100|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Evangelicals are Genocidal Fantasists!

charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 5:04:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm not going to diplomatically beat around my charge here, fundamentalists are aspiring accomplices in genocide. In their fantasy and in the sense of being wannabe facilitators of the extinction of the Jewish people, among other groups, evangelicals are genocidalists. That is, the folks on the American religious right wish to do nothing less than bring about a scenario in which all non-Christians are wiped out of earthly existence, and in which Hitler's horrendously genocidal work of eliminating the Jews will at long last be completed!

Evangelicals, of course, do not plot to actualize their anti-Jewish, genocidal agenda with their own hands. No, they advocate genocide not by any human agency or means whatsoever, but rather by divine agency. They have a quite devious plan with plenty of plausible deniability built into it. To wit, support the state of Israel and the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, a critical pre-condition for Armageddon in their interpretation of apocalyptic prophecy, and thereby deliver humanity to an end times denouement in which a small number of Jews convert and the rest are exterminated by the Almighty!

Yep, not with gas chambers and ovens, but by the hand of the deity they worship do evangelicals intend to rid themselves of those thorn-in-their-side Jews. This would seem to keep their own hands clean enough, but if they embrace and actively seek to facilitate God-perpetrated genocide, by being staunch boosters of Israel, with the hidden ulterior motive of setting the Jews up for a cosmic massacre, well then, they of course become accessories to the evil they seek to aid and abet.

Evangelicals really are as wicked as the Nazis when it comes to the enormity of the sick joke they wish to play on the Jewish people. They support Israel only in order to make the millennium possible, a millennium that will entail the utter annihilation of all Jews, as well as Muslims, Hindus, Confucianists, etc.

Well, let's just say that evangelicals certainly have a dream, but it's nothing at all like Martin Luther King's dream. It's not a positive dream of a world that recognizes the richness of human diversity, it's a nightmarish anti-Semitic, anti-multi-cultural dream in which all diversity has been done away with by God, who reduces mankind to a homogeneous elect demographic of Christians who all share the same religious viewpoint and culture. The "other", whether Jew or "liberal" or "New Ager" will be cast out from among the living into an eternity of suffering in Hell (at least the Nazis only aimed to inflict death on their victims, evangelicals fancy their enemies all unendingly burning in the flames of perdition, i.e. an everlasting holocaust).

According to this evil-minded eschatological scenario, evangelicals will finally have the ultimate revenge on everyone who offends them. And here we have it, an ugly but central psychological truth. In actuality the evangelical's end of days scenario is a grandiose, globally genocidal revenge fantasy. The supernatural smiting, the divine destruction of all their foes, in this truly fiendish fantasy, both satisfies the evangelical's vindictiveness and his need for vindication. It allows him to disdainfully look down upon everyone else as pathetically doomed losers, and to view himself as the universe's ultimate winner.

Of course nowadays this disgusting dispensationalist revenge fantasy disrespects God by reducing him to the evangelical's mere tool for redress against his/her ideological opponents in the "culture war". But then evangelicals don't allow themselves to consciously face this blasphemous implication now do they. No, they don't use God in an openly cynical fashion, their sanctimoniousness saves them from becoming too cynical about the psychologically self-serving way they utilize God to support their sense of getting over on the rest of humanity.

Now, certainly, the divinely engineered doomsday that right-wing apocalyptic Christians look forward to is never actually going to come to pass, not outside of books and films, such as Left Behind. To be quite blunt, this is of course because a God who would inflict such a cruel fate on most of the world's population is a malicious mythological fiction, one that only appeals to people with a not-so-nice mentality.

This obviously means that evangelical Christians are in no real danger of becoming genocidalists anywhere except in their own dark hearts. But sadly, shamefully, and sinisterly the heart of the evangelical does harbor an epic revenge fantasy, the sweeping scope of which makes evangelicals kin, mentally and morally, to all the genocidalists of history. They reveal this about themselves in vituperative rhetoric, if not in vicious conduct. They expect God to do the dastardly deed for them, after all, so they engage in few practical efforts to initiate the events they eagerly await.

But one thing that they are keen on doing, to help ensure the Second Coming and the slaughter of all non-Christians, is to committedly champion the cause of Israel. Their two-faced support for the state of Israel, and their encouragement of ultra-Orthodox elements of its population, do make evangelicals complicit in the loss of life that's taken place in the Middle East. They do in fact have real human blood on their hands. They are not just harmless, religiously quixotic nuts.

Alas yes, the evangelical's masturbatory revengeful contemplation of a millennium that spells death and damnation for the masses of mankind has painfully tangible consequences for history, in part because it's often not recognized and condemned for what it is, entertaining a hope and plan for genocide. It's often instead dismissed or tolerated as a quaint belief in the imminent return of Jesus and the transfiguration of the world into a better place, but on closer scrutiny we soon turn up a most malevolent belief system and grotesque bent of mind. That there are so many people who seem to subscribe to the fundamentalist's execrable exegesis of Revelation and sadistic spin on Judgment Day is rather disconcerting and certainly not very conducive to the US adopting a more equitable and peace-promoting policy concerning the "Israeli-Palestinian conflict".

No, people in politics who've been influenced by the evangelical worldview and political lobby are not exactly inclined to be big advocates of a fair deal for the Palestinian people, to say the least. They're more of a stumbling block to reaching effective and evenhanded solutions for a situation that can only be healed when the inalienable human right of the Palestinians to genuine political justice is sincerely respected.

It's not hyperbole to say that evangelicals seem to have virtually no sense of sociopolitical justice when it comes to the Palestinians. This is of course because the Palestinians are rather irrelevant to their end times scenario. But the Palestinians are not irrelevant to peace in the Middle East, and to anyone for whom peace in the Middle East is a serious goal. Unfortunately, evangelicals are not irrelevant either, given their political clout nowadays. One way, however, of overcoming this clout and moving evangelicals out of the way of the peace process, is to raise the public's consciousness of the real and atrocious nature of their apocalyptic beliefs. It's most certainly high time that we all get a good bit more educated about the underlying hatefulness and genuinely despicable dangerousness of the millennialist mindset.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 5:30:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?

I don't like aspects of their worldview, for good reasons, right?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 6:06:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:30:46 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?

I don't like aspects of their worldview, for good reasons, right?

They all have the same worldview?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
proglib
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2013 6:29:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 6:06:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:30:46 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?

I don't like aspects of their worldview, for good reasons, right?

They all have the same worldview?

Good one!

I'm thinking of posting a topic in politics (though maybe religion would get it more play) along the lines of "The [extreme] Christian Right is neither." Perhaps I better put an asterisk in the topic so I can say "*mostly."
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 1:20:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 6:06:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:30:46 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?

I don't like aspects of their worldview, for good reasons, right?

They all have the same worldview?

Yes, I realize that evangelicals aren't entirely monolithic, that there is indeed some measure diversity of both theological and political opinion among them. However, the adherents of what I'll term the Darbyite version of prermillennialism (you know, the whole bit about the tribulation and the rapture and so forth) have been quite successful at promoting their fundamentalist form of apocalypticism, and there is quite broad support among those on the religious right for the state of Israel, perversely based upon the eschatological hope that Israel's continued existence will ensure the second coming and the destruction/damnation of most Jews and non-Christians. This support is in fact sufficiently broad for me to legitimately generalize about evangelicals in what might perhaps seem an unkind fashion. But if you're an evangelical whose beliefs are an exception to the critical characterization of genocidal fantasists in my OP, well, my apologies; however, you must admit that there are all too many of your fellow evangelicals who most certainly fit the profile to a T. T for terrifying, that is.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 1:33:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Btw, note that the words "capitalism", "capitalist", "libertarian", etc., don't occur anywhere in the OP!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
BigRat
Posts: 465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 2:40:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Okay, let me get this straight. You think that Evangelicals are really anti Semitic because they want to give the Jews back what is rightfully theirs?

And, you, Charleslb, are not at all an anti Semite for wanting to allow the Palestinians steal what rightfully belongs to the Jews.

And you want to talk about hypocrisy?

How about supposedly secular, feminist, and egalitarian people like yourself, Charleslb, defending the most fundamentalist, misogynistic, and unequal culture in the entire world (Islamic culture) in the name of "multiculturalism".

You have no right to call yourself a feminist, secularist, or egalitarian. You simply can't. The only think you can call yourself is an apologist for Islamic culture.

You atheists have no interest in truth or progress of any kind. You just want to defend the indefensible. You defend all forms of life no matter how disgusting or Immoral and you defend all cultures no matter how contrary their value system runs to the one you guys supposedly have.

You are part of a cult. The cult of atheism. Not just that. You are part of the cult of multiculturalism, collectivism, and illiteracy.

Real feminists don't call anyone who attacks Islamic culture for subjecting its women "racist". Real feminists agree. The same goes for all the other values you supposedly hold.

Keep your hypocritical BS to yourself. The only person here engaging in fantasies about the Jewish people is idiots like you, Charleslb.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 3:43:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 1:20:47 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 6:06:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:30:46 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?

I don't like aspects of their worldview, for good reasons, right?

They all have the same worldview?

Yes, I realize that evangelicals aren't entirely monolithic, that there is indeed some measure diversity of both theological and political opinion among them.

Really, so you are saying that all Christians don't think alike on everything?

However, the adherents of what I'll term the Darbyite version of prermillennialism (you know, the whole bit about the tribulation and the rapture and so forth) have been quite successful at promoting their fundamentalist form of apocalypticism, and there is quite broad support among those on the religious right for the state of Israel, perversely based upon the eschatological hope that Israel's continued existence will ensure the second coming and the destruction/damnation of most Jews and non-Christians.

So you weren't even talking aout Evangelical Christianity, you were talking about Dispensationalism?

This support is in fact sufficiently broad for me to legitimately generalize about evangelicals in what might perhaps seem an unkind fashion.

The essence of bigotry is to paint an entire group with the actions of a few, and no, it doesn't legitamize bigotry.

But if you're an evangelical whose beliefs are an exception to the critical characterization of genocidal fantasists in my OP, well, my apologies; however, you must admit that there are all too many of your fellow evangelicals who most certainly fit the profile to a T. T for terrifying, that is.

Nope, I'm not an evangelical by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just some guy on a discussion noard who doesn't care much for bigotry.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 4:00:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 1:33:58 AM, charleslb wrote:
Btw, note that the words "capitalism", "capitalist", "libertarian", etc., don't occur anywhere in the OP!

Ok, I also noticed that the words "Dispensationalism", "premillennialism", "John Nelson Darby", "Cyrus Scofield", etc., don't occur anywhere in the OP either.

I saw a lot of sensationalism, I just didn't see you mention Dispensationalism.

But hey, I have strong opinions about it, if you just wanted to crap all over Dispensationalism, I'm in.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 7:37:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:04:05 PM, charleslb wrote:
I'm

Evangelicals, of course, do not plot to actualize their anti-Jewish, genocidal agenda with their own hands. No, they advocate genocide not by any human agency or means whatsoever, but rather by divine agency. They have a quite devious plan with plenty of plausible deniability built into it. To wit, support the state of Israel and the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, a critical pre-condition for Armageddon in their interpretation of apocalyptic prophecy, and thereby deliver humanity to an end times denouement in which a small number of Jews convert and the rest are exterminated by the Almighty!

Yep, not with gas chambers and ovens, but by the hand of the deity they worship do evangelicals intend to rid themselves of those thorn-in-their-side Jews. This would seem to keep their own hands clean enough, but if they embrace and actively seek to facilitate God-perpetrated genocide, by being staunch boosters of Israel, with the hidden ulterior motive of setting the Jews up for a cosmic massacre, well then, they of course become accessories to the evil they seek to aid and abet.

Evangelicals really are as wicked as the Nazis when it comes to the enormity of the sick joke they wish to play on the Jewish people. They support Israel only in order to make the millennium possible, a millennium that will entail the utter annihilation of all Jews, as well as Muslims, Hindus, Confucianists, etc.

Well, let's just say that evangelicals certainly have a dream, but it's nothing at all like Martin Luther King's dream. It's not a positive dream of a world that recognizes the richness of human diversity, it's a nightmarish anti-Semitic, anti-multi-cultural dream in which all diversity has been done away with by God, who reduces mankind to a homogeneous elect demographic of Christians who all share the same religious viewpoint and culture. The "other", whether Jew or "liberal" or "New Ager" will be cast out from among the living into an eternity of suffering in Hell (at least the Nazis only aimed to inflict death on their victims, evangelicals fancy their enemies all unendingly burning in the flames of perdition, i.e. an everlasting holocaust).

According to this evil-minded eschatological scenario, evangelicals will finally have the ultimate revenge on everyone who offends them. And here we have it, an ugly but central psychological truth. In actuality the evangelical's end of days scenario is a grandiose, globally genocidal revenge fantasy. The supernatural smiting, the divine destruction of all their foes, in this truly fiendish fantasy, both satisfies the evangelical's vindictiveness and his need for vindication. It allows him to disdainfully look down upon everyone else as pathetically doomed losers, and to view himself as the universe's ultimate winner.

Of course nowadays this disgusting dispensationalist revenge fantasy disrespects God by reducing him to the evangelical's mere tool for redress against his/her ideological opponents in the "culture war". But then evangelicals don't allow themselves to consciously face this blasphemous implication now do they. No, they don't use God in an openly cynical fashion, their sanctimoniousness saves them from becoming too cynical about the psychologically self-serving way they utilize God to support their sense of getting over on the rest of humanity.

Now, certainly, the divinely engineered doomsday that right-wing apocalyptic Christians look forward to is never actually going to come to pass, not outside of books and films, such as Left Behind. To be quite blunt, this is of course because a God who would inflict such a cruel fate on most of the world's population is a malicious mythological fiction, one that only appeals to people with a not-so-nice mentality.

This obviously means that evangelical Christians are in no real danger of becoming genocidalists anywhere except in their own dark hearts. But sadly, shamefully, and sinisterly the heart of the evangelical does harbor an epic revenge fantasy, the sweeping scope of which makes evangelicals kin, mentally and morally, to all the genocidalists of history. They reveal this about themselves in vituperative rhetoric, if not in vicious conduct. They expect God to do the dastardly deed for them, after all, so they engage in few practical efforts to initiate the events they eagerly await.

But one thing that they are keen on doing, to help ensure the Second Coming and the slaughter of all non-Christians, is to committedly champion the cause of Israel. Their two-faced support for the state of Israel, and their encouragement of ultra-Orthodox elements of its population, do make evangelicals complicit in the loss of life that's taken place in the Middle East. They do in fact have real human blood on their hands. They are not just harmless, religiously quixotic nuts.

Alas yes, the evangelical's masturbatory revengeful contemplation of a millennium that spells death and damnation for the masses of mankind has painfully tangible consequences for history, in part because it's often not recognized and condemned for what it is, entertaining a hope and plan for genocide. It's often instead dismissed or tolerated as a quaint belief in the imminent return of Jesus and the transfiguration of the world into a better place, but on closer scrutiny we soon turn up a most malevolent belief system and grotesque bent of mind. That there are so many people who seem to subscribe to the fundamentalist's execrable exegesis of Revelation and sadistic spin on Judgment Day is rather disconcerting and certainly not very conducive to the US adopting a more equitable and peace-promoting policy concerning the "Israeli-Palestinian conflict".

No, people in politics who've been influenced by the evangelical worldview and political lobby are not exactly inclined to be big advocates of a fair deal for the Palestinian people, to say the least. They're more of a stumbling block to reaching effective and evenhanded solutions for a situation that can only be healed when the inalienable human right of the Palestinians to genuine political justice is sincerely respected.

It's not hyperbole to say that evangelicals seem to have virtually no sense of sociopolitical justice when it comes to the Palestinians. This is of course because the Palestinians are rather irrelevant to their end times scenario. But the Palestinians are not irrelevant to peace in the Middle East, and to anyone for whom peace in the Middle East is a serious goal. Unfortunately, evangelicals are not irrelevant either, given their political clout nowadays. One way, however, of overcoming this clout and moving evangelicals out of the way of the peace process, is to raise the public's consciousness of the real and atrocious nature of their apocalyptic beliefs. It's most certainly high time that we all get a good bit more educated about the underlying hatefulness and genuinely despicable dangerousness of the millennialist mindset.

I have an odd view on religion. I am agnostic, I think that there is some all-knowing creator, but there is no heaven or hell, we simply go in to a permanent sleep (what's better than sleeping all day and night?). I don't have a problem with religion in general, only those religions that claim they are superior to all other religions and that you are going to their hell if you don't worship their god. This is the most condescending and arrogant thing you can do. Christians and Muslims are ironically the most non-religious people due to how they act. The only thing Christians and Muslims banned together to do is persecute the Jews and run them out of their homeland and slaughter them in the millions (even before Hitler).
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 11:10:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:04:05 PM, charleslb wrote:
I'm not going to diplomatically beat around my charge here, fundamentalists are aspiring accomplices in genocide. In their fantasy and in the sense of being wannabe facilitators of the extinction of the Jewish people, among other groups, evangelicals are genocidalists. That is, the folks on the American religious right wish to do nothing less than bring about a scenario in which all non-Christians are wiped out of earthly existence, and in which Hitler's horrendously genocidal work of eliminating the Jews will at long last be completed!

Evangelicals, of course, do not plot to actualize their anti-Jewish, genocidal agenda with their own hands. No, they advocate genocide not by any human agency or means whatsoever, but rather by divine agency. They have a quite devious plan with plenty of plausible deniability built into it. To wit, support the state of Israel and the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, a critical pre-condition for Armageddon in their interpretation of apocalyptic prophecy, and thereby deliver humanity to an end times denouement in which a small number of Jews convert and the rest are exterminated by the Almighty!

Yep, not with gas chambers and ovens, but by the hand of the deity they worship do evangelicals intend to rid themselves of those thorn-in-their-side Jews. This would seem to keep their own hands clean enough, but if they embrace and actively seek to facilitate God-perpetrated genocide, by being staunch boosters of Israel, with the hidden ulterior motive of setting the Jews up for a cosmic massacre, well then, they of course become accessories to the evil they seek to aid and abet.

Evangelicals really are as wicked as the Nazis when it comes to the enormity of the sick joke they wish to play on the Jewish people. They support Israel only in order to make the millennium possible, a millennium that will entail the utter annihilation of all Jews, as well as Muslims, Hindus, Confucianists, etc.

Well, let's just say that evangelicals certainly have a dream, but it's nothing at all like Martin Luther King's dream. It's not a positive dream of a world that recognizes the richness of human diversity, it's a nightmarish anti-Semitic, anti-multi-cultural dream in which all diversity has been done away with by God, who reduces mankind to a homogeneous elect demographic of Christians who all share the same religious viewpoint and culture. The "other", whether Jew or "liberal" or "New Ager" will be cast out from among the living into an eternity of suffering in Hell (at least the Nazis only aimed to inflict death on their victims, evangelicals fancy their enemies all unendingly burning in the flames of perdition, i.e. an everlasting holocaust).

According to this evil-minded eschatological scenario, evangelicals will finally have the ultimate revenge on everyone who offends them. And here we have it, an ugly but central psychological truth. In actuality the evangelical's end of days scenario is a grandiose, globally genocidal revenge fantasy. The supernatural smiting, the divine destruction of all their foes, in this truly fiendish fantasy, both satisfies the evangelical's vindictiveness and his need for vindication. It allows him to disdainfully look down upon everyone else as pathetically doomed losers, and to view himself as the universe's ultimate winner.

Of course nowadays this disgusting dispensationalist revenge fantasy disrespects God by reducing him to the evangelical's mere tool for redress against his/her ideological opponents in the "culture war". But then evangelicals don't allow themselves to consciously face this blasphemous implication now do they. No, they don't use God in an openly cynical fashion, their sanctimoniousness saves them from becoming too cynical about the psychologically self-serving way they utilize God to support their sense of getting over on the rest of humanity.

Now, certainly, the divinely engineered doomsday that right-wing apocalyptic Christians look forward to is never actually going to come to pass, not outside of books and films, such as Left Behind. To be quite blunt, this is of course because a God who would inflict such a cruel fate on most of the world's population is a malicious mythological fiction, one that only appeals to people with a not-so-nice mentality.

This obviously means that evangelical Christians are in no real danger of becoming genocidalists anywhere except in their own dark hearts. But sadly, shamefully, and sinisterly the heart of the evangelical does harbor an epic revenge fantasy, the sweeping scope of which makes evangelicals kin, mentally and morally, to all the genocidalists of history. They reveal this about themselves in vituperative rhetoric, if not in vicious conduct. They expect God to do the dastardly deed for them, after all, so they engage in few practical efforts to initiate the events they eagerly await.

But one thing that they are keen on doing, to help ensure the Second Coming and the slaughter of all non-Christians, is to committedly champion the cause of Israel. Their two-faced support for the state of Israel, and their encouragement of ultra-Orthodox elements of its population, do make evangelicals complicit in the loss of life that's taken place in the Middle East. They do in fact have real human blood on their hands. They are not just harmless, religiously quixotic nuts.

Alas yes, the evangelical's masturbatory revengeful contemplation of a millennium that spells death and damnation for the masses of mankind has painfully tangible consequences for history, in part because it's often not recognized and condemned for what it is, entertaining a hope and plan for genocide. It's often instead dismissed or tolerated as a quaint belief in the imminent return of Jesus and the transfiguration of the world into a better place, but on closer scrutiny we soon turn up a most malevolent belief system and grotesque bent of mind. That there are so many people who seem to subscribe to the fundamentalist's execrable exegesis of Revelation and sadistic spin on Judgment Day is rather disconcerting and certainly not very conducive to the US adopting a more equitable and peace-promoting policy concerning the "Israeli-Palestinian conflict".

No, people in politics who've been influenced by the evangelical worldview and political lobby are not exactly inclined to be big advocates of a fair deal for the Palestinian people, to say the least. They're more of a stumbling block to reaching effective and evenhanded solutions for a situation that can only be healed when the inalienable human right of the Palestinians to genuine political justice is sincerely respected.

It's not hyperbole to say that evangelicals seem to have virtually no sense of sociopolitical justice when it comes to the Palestinians. This is of course because the Palestinians are rather irrelevant to their end times scenario. But the Palestinians are not irrelevant to peace in the Middle East, and to anyone for whom peace in the Middle East is a serious goal. Unfortunately, evangelicals are not irrelevant either, given their political clout nowadays. One way, however, of overcoming this clout and moving evangelicals out of the way of the peace process, is to raise the public's consciousness of the real and atrocious nature of their apocalyptic beliefs. It's most certainly high time that we all get a good bit more educated about the underlying hatefulness and genuinely despicable dangerousness of the millennialist mindset.

Yup.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 12:46:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/3/2013 5:04:05 PM, charleslb wrote:
I'm not going to diplomatically beat around my charge here, fundamentalists are aspiring accomplices in genocide. In their fantasy and in the sense of being wannabe facilitators of the extinction of the Jewish people, among other groups, evangelicals are genocidalists. That is, the folks on the American religious right wish to do nothing less than bring about a scenario in which all non-Christians are wiped out of earthly existence, and in which Hitler's horrendously genocidal work of eliminating the Jews will at long last be completed!

Care to debate this?
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 3:03:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 2:40:22 AM, BigRat wrote:
Okay, let me get this straight. You think that Evangelicals are really anti Semitic because they want to give the Jews back what is rightfully theirs?

Did you muster the intellectual integrity to do more than skim the first couple of sentences before reaching this erroneously reductionistic conclusion? No, my good sir, I'm not asserting that evangelicals are no true friends to the Jewish people merely because they wish to give them back their ancestral homeland. Rather, I merely point out that the political, financial, and moral support of the American religious right for Israel has a despicable, apocalyptic, genocidal ulterior motive. That is, since the existence of the state of Israel is integral to fundamentalists' eschatological scenario, supporting Israel amounts to a way that they try to force the end, an end that will entail the end, the cataclysmic destruction of the Jewish people.

In short, there's a truly heinous agenda (bringing on the "Tribulation", i.e. mass suffering and death visited on the majority of Jews and human beings - which cowardly born-againers hope to escape by being beemed ["raptured] up to Jesus's mother ship in the clouds) behind the alliance that evangelicals have formed with Israel, not good-heartedness and altruism.

As for that bit of Levantine territory currently called "Israel" rightfully belonging to the Jewish people, well, that's a statement that betrays your strident denial of sympathy to the Palestinian victims of Zionism. Zionism, as it was originally formulated by European Jewish socialists, was a quite legitimate and progressive vision of an oppressed people having their own state in which they'd no longer be subject to disenfranchisement and pogroms, and could create an authentically socialist form of life. However, the lofty dream of Zionism has subsequently degenerated into a quite horrible nightmare for Palestinian Arabs, the nightmare of living under out-and-out imperialism.

Well, it's most certainly not the rightful or God-given prerogative of Israelis to dispossess and dominate Palestinians, but evangelicals are so engrossed in their self-involved eschatological fantasy that they aren't too terribly bothered by the fact that their support for Israel also translates into support for its form of imperialism. Yes, this is indeed an example of how being absorbed in an escapist apocalypticist daydream can lead to dreadful real-world consequences.

And, you, Charleslb, are not at all an anti Semite for wanting to allow the Palestinians steal what rightfully belongs to the Jews.

Oh, the ole libel that sympathizing with the plight of the Palestinians makes one anti-Jewish. Quite unoriginal and unworthy of refutation. As for the putative entitlement of Israelis to engage in the wanton displacement and domination of Palestinians on the grounds that their ancient ancestors once inhabited the territory in dispute, or that God Almighty has granted it to the Jews in perpetuity, well, I would beg to point out that nothing can ethically entitle one people to oppress another. And as to the question of who possesses the better claim to the land, that's no longer the correct or relevant question. The question that pressingly needs to be faced is how both peoples can be integrated into a non-sectarian society on a basis of full legal and social equality.

And you want to talk about hypocrisy?

Well, that's because rightist evangelicals are indeed guilty of a good deal of bad faith, so to speak.

How about supposedly secular, feminist, and egalitarian people like yourself, Charleslb, defending the most fundamentalist, misogynistic, and unequal culture in the entire world (Islamic culture) in the name of "multiculturalism".

Firstly, I'm not a secularist. Secondly, I don't defend Islamic fundamentalism's misogyny and intolerance and whatnot. However, I do recognize how Americans use and focus on the negative and bigoted aspects of their stereotypical image of Islam to validate military invasions and occupations and other expressions of imperialism. Once again we in the West self-justifyingly portray our victims as backward and ourselves as their benefactors, imposing our form of society on them for their own good. Yes, how lovely we are, and how lucky they are.

You have no right to call yourself a feminist, secularist, or egalitarian. You simply can't. The only thing you can call yourself is an apologist for Islamic culture.

Again, I'm not a secularist, and being a feminist and in favor of a more egalitarian socioeconomic way of life is in no way inconsistent with being pro-Palestinian. And I would also point out again that I'm not in the slightest an apologist for any form of fundamentalism, Muslim fundamentalism included. For you to attempt to reduce me to a lamely hypocritical advocate of Islamism hardly indicates that you have any strong arguments for your point of view.


You atheists have no interest in truth or progress of any kind.

Not an atheist. Concluding that I'm an atheist or anti-religion because I'm critical of fundamentalists involves quite a leap.

You just want to defend the indefensible. You defend all forms of life no matter how disgusting or Immoral and you defend all cultures no matter how contrary their value system runs to the one you guys supposedly have.

You're merely descending into a rubbishy tirade here.

You are part of a cult. The cult of atheism. Not just that. You are part of the cult of multiculturalism, collectivism, and illiteracy.

Again, not an atheist. Also, multiculturalism is a rightist buzzword that covers various views, some of which I subscribe to, and some of which I take issue with, ergo you can't simply dismiss me as a stereotypical "multiculturalist". As for being in favor of collectivism, that's another righist buzzword, I prefer to describe myself as an anarcho-socialist. And I'm certainly not an advocate of illiteracy. Actually I'm quite the bookworm, I very much love reading and wish that everyone did.

Real feminists don't call anyone who attacks Islamic culture for subjecting its women "racist". Real feminists agree. The same goes for all the other values you supposedly hold.

Many "real feminists" alas don't realize how feminist values have been co-opted as a justification for our culturally chauvinistic attitudes, and for aggressive political and military policies driven by an economic interest in the natural resources of Muslim lands.

Keep your hypocritical BS to yourself. The only person here engaging in fantasies about the Jewish people is idiots like you, Charleslb.

How sophisticated, and not at all ad hominem. Let me guess, you're a rightist?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 3:35:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 3:43:42 AM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/4/2013 1:20:47 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 6:06:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:30:46 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:29:23 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:17:01 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/3/2013 5:14:49 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Yes, I suppose that my post is a bit mildly worded. But I think that I perhaps manage to get my point across.

Don't like Evangelicals....right?

I don't like aspects of their worldview, for good reasons, right?

They all have the same worldview?

Yes, I realize that evangelicals aren't entirely monolithic, that there is indeed some measure diversity of both theological and political opinion among them.

Really, so you are saying that all Christians don't think alike on everything?

Note that I never made any sweeping references to "all Christians".

However, the adherents of what I'll term the Darbyite version of prermillennialism (you know, the whole bit about the tribulation and the rapture and so forth) have been quite successful at promoting their fundamentalist form of apocalypticism, and there is quite broad support among those on the religious right for the state of Israel, perversely based upon the eschatological hope that Israel's continued existence will ensure the second coming and the destruction/damnation of most Jews and non-Christians.

So you weren't even talking aout Evangelical Christianity, you were talking about Dispensationalism?

I'm talking about an element of belief that is sufficiently widely distributed in that demographic of Christians called "evangelicals" and "fundamentalists" that it's perfectly fair to refer to evangelicals and fundamentalists in a generalizing fashion.

This support is in fact sufficiently broad for me to legitimately generalize about evangelicals in what might perhaps seem an unkind fashion.

The essence of bigotry is to paint an entire group with the actions of a few, and no, it doesn't legitamize bigotry.

Oh, so would it be illegitimate and bigoted to paint all Nazis as adherents of a dangerous and dastardly political faith based on the fact that it was only a small minority who directly participated in perpetrating the Holocaust? I would assert that the actions of the SS were in fact quite symptomatic and defining of the essential nature of Nazism. Likewise, the spiritual ugliness of the apocalypticist beliefs of that faction of the evangelical community that finds the Left Behind movies entertaining, and that donates money to Israeli charities to ensure the survival of Israel and thus the ultimate destruction of the Jewish people, is an indication and indictment of the basic fundamentalist mentality. Especially since the faction in question is quite sizable and therefore representative. Yes, recall that we're not actually talking about the apocalypticist fantasy of a few, we're in fact talking about eschatological views that are quite representative of the evangelical psyche, and so generalizing is hardly indulging in bigotry.

But if you're an evangelical whose beliefs are an exception to the critical characterization of genocidal fantasists in my OP, well, my apologies; however, you must admit that there are all too many of your fellow evangelicals who most certainly fit the profile to a T. T for terrifying, that is.

Nope, I'm not an evangelical by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just some guy on a discussion noard who doesn't care much for bigotry.

This makes two of us.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 3:43:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 7:37:40 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
I have an odd view on religion. I am agnostic, I think that there is some all-knowing creator, but there is no heaven or hell, we simply go in to a permanent sleep (what's better than sleeping all day and night?). I don't have a problem with religion in general, only those religions that claim they are superior to all other religions and that you are going to their hell if you don't worship their god. This is the most condescending and arrogant thing you can do. Christians and Muslims are ironically the most non-religious people due to how they act. The only thing Christians and Muslims banned together to do is persecute the Jews and run them out of their homeland and slaughter them in the millions (even before Hitler).

Well, well, we find some common ground! Although I'm not at all an agnostic, like you my conception of God is far from classical and my theological views would be considered quite odd by mainstream religionists. Also, like you I don't believe in any posthumous rewards or punishments, in heaven or hell or any form of afterlife. And like you I'm anti fundamentalist bigotry not anti-religion.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 4:18:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Have I been a tad too harsh on evangelicals? Well, those who derive their evangelical jollies from picturing the Jewish people and the rest of us heathens (non-evangelicals) being consumed in the conflagration of Armageddon and subsequently being consumed by hellfire for all eternity arguably deserve a bit of harsh criticism.

And the pettiness of elements of their revenge fantasy certainly doesn't entitle them to much respect. Take the "rapture", for instance. The "rapture" doesn't merely serve to make the idea of the destruction of life on earth as we know it a less fearsome prospect for our evangelical dear hearts; it's of course also the ultimate I told you so, God saying to all of us left-behind heathens that the born-again Christians were righteously right and that we were ruefully wrong. Mm-hmm, fundamentalists seem to have a need for validation at the expense of the rest of us that cancels out any Christian magnanimity.

In short, the unkind aspects of the Christian fundamentalist mindset are there, and are not insignificant. They merit being discussed, and they need to be exposed. Recognizing this doesn't make one an anti-evangelical bigot, merely a critic of those cruel attitudes unfortunately generated by a the evangelical belief system.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 4:25:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.

Well, Israel>Iran (In military spending and overall strength, not size though)

But Israel is not >Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, and Gaza. (These are all countries that have either antagonized, or invaded Israel at one point in recent history, i.e, the last 120 years).

If all of these nations banded together, Israel wouldn't stand a chance, and the US and/or Europe would have to wage a massive, total war to save Israel's behind. Considering Muslims are even MORE extreme than even Orthodox Jews, it would be a scary reality to see the arab states occupy Israel. Israel would not use their nuclear bombs, I don't think any rational nation would, they are simply there for defensive reasons against irrational, unstable nations such as Syria, Egypt and Iran. Just like America did not even start the Manhattan project until we had knowledge the the nazis were developing their a-bomb. At any rate, once the arab states occupy Israel, I fear for the lives and future of the Jews across the world, especially if the US and Europe stand by and let it happen, there will be the Middle Eastern Nazis.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 4:33:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.

Also, I think Israel, while I will not deny that it has it's flaws, and is relatively corrupt, has been relatively cool-tempered about other middle eastern states antagonizing them. The most laughable thing about the two-state solution is, there WAS a two-state solution, until after only 3-4 years of peace, the historically belligerent palestinians came in and did what they do best, antagonize the Jews. We all know of the 48'-49' Arab-Israeli war where the aggressive Arab coalition directly invaded Israel after a civil war in Palestine, and Israel pretty much put them to task, after this the Jordanians and Egyptians were legally allowed to occupy Gaza to retain peace, then Egypt and Jordan and the Arab coalition banded back together to invade Israel again in the Sinai War (Six day war), and Israel then successfully fended them off, but this time they took Gaza, since their antagonizes obviously should not be able to have a proxy state to strike at Israel at any given time.

Any questions class?
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 5:01:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 4:25:01 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.


Well, Israel>Iran (In military spending and overall strength, not size though)

Well, as I've frequently heard from sensitive women, size isn't that important.

But Israel is not >Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, and Gaza. (These are all countries that have either antagonized, or invaded Israel at one point in recent history, i.e, the last 120 years).

Correction, these are all countries that Israel has antagonized.

If all of these nations banded together, Israel wouldn't stand a chance, and the US and/or Europe would have to wage a massive, total war to save Israel's behind.

Well, there's too much diversity and division in the Muslim world for all of the nations that you've enumerated to ever unite into a monolithic aggressor against poor little ole Israel. Also, recall the story of David and Goliath, and Israel's aforementioned illegal nuclear arsenal.

Considering Muslims are even MORE extreme than even Orthodox Jews, it would be a scary reality to see the arab states occupy Israel.

This is quite a generalization about Muslims! Did you perhaps mean to refer to Islamists.

Israel would not use their nuclear bombs, I don't think any rational nation would, they are simply there for defensive reasons against irrational, unstable nations such as Syria, Egypt and Iran.

Ah, the image of Israel as a good-guy nation that would never do anything as heinous as actually using its illegal nuclear WMDs.

Just like America did not even start the Manhattan project until we had knowledge the the nazis were developing their a-bomb.

And then dropped A-bombs on civilian population centers despite the fact that Japanese leaders were ready to surrender. Yep, we can count on them there good-guy nations to never do horrifically bad things.

At any rate, once the arab states occupy Israel, I fear for the lives and future of the Jews across the world, especially if the US and Europe stand by and let it happen, there will be the Middle Eastern Nazis.

I don't advocate the "occupation" of Israel by other Arab states, but rather the creation of a new state that no longer styles itself a "Jewish state", and in which Palestinians are all granted equal status. In other words, the single state solution that the supposedly decent leaders of Israel wish to keep off the table.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 5:09:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 5:01:40 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 4:25:01 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.


Well, Israel>Iran (In military spending and overall strength, not size though)

Well, as I've frequently heard from sensitive women, size isn't that important.

Actual size is not, overall training and spending is, and Israel dwarfs Iran in this


But Israel is not >Iran, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Turkey, and Gaza. (These are all countries that have either antagonized, or invaded Israel at one point in recent history, i.e, the last 120 years).

Correction, these are all countries that Israel has antagonized.

Refer to the nice history lesson I gave in the post below

If all of these nations banded together, Israel wouldn't stand a chance, and the US and/or Europe would have to wage a massive, total war to save Israel's behind.

Well, there's too much diversity and division in the Muslim world for all of the nations that you've enumerated to ever unite into a monolithic aggressor against poor little ole Israel. Also, recall the story of David and Goliath, and Israel's aforementioned illegal nuclear arsenal.

That is why almost all of the Arab states banded together to antagonize Israel three different times.

Considering Muslims are even MORE extreme than even Orthodox Jews, it would be a scary reality to see the arab states occupy Israel.

This is quite a generalization about Muslims! Did you perhaps mean to refer to Islamists.

No, Muslims too. All nations that have the Muslim Shariah law treat Christians and Jews as second class citizens.



Israel would not use their nuclear bombs, I don't think any rational nation would, they are simply there for defensive reasons against irrational, unstable nations such as Syria, Egypt and Iran.

Ah, the image of Israel as a good-guy nation that would never do anything as heinous as actually using its illegal nuclear WMDs.

Illegal, I would like to have some clarification and give me adversary the burden of proof since he made the heinous assertion, not I.


Just like America did not even start the Manhattan project until we had knowledge the the nazis were developing their a-bomb.

And then dropped A-bombs on civilian population centers despite the fact that Japanese leaders were ready to surrender. Yep, we can count on them there good-guy nations to never do horrifically bad things.

This is a separate debate, but you also have no clue what you are talking about, just like all other Japanese apologists. Japan had a whole plan that including arming even their women and children to fight until the last person died against America. Someone has never heard of Operation Downfall. Let me guess, you are far more intelligent that all US intelligence sources and thereby I am expected to believe all 'facts' you state.


At any rate, once the arab states occupy Israel, I fear for the lives and future of the Jews across the world, especially if the US and Europe stand by and let it happen, there will be the Middle Eastern Nazis.

I don't advocate the "occupation" of Israel by other Arab states, but rather the creation of a new state that no longer styles itself a "Jewish state", and in which Palestinians are all granted equal status. In other words, the single state solution that the supposedly decent leaders of Israel wish to keep off the table.

I could deal with this, but first note that Israel has tried land for peace negotiations 2-3 times now, each time it results in the Palestinians doing what they always do, trying to take the whole country like the greedy land (insert profane name here) they are.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 5:09:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 4:33:43 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.

Also, I think Israel, while I will not deny that it has it's flaws, and is relatively corrupt, has been relatively cool-tempered about other middle eastern states antagonizing them.

Israel engages in quite a lot of antagonizing and terrorism too, i.e., it's certainly no paragon of fair play.

The most laughable thing about the two-state solution is, there WAS a two-state solution, until after only 3-4 years of peace, the historically belligerent palestinians came in and did what they do best, antagonize the Jews. We all know of the 48'-49' Arab-Israeli war where the aggressive Arab coalition directly invaded Israel after a civil war in Palestine, and Israel pretty much put them to task, after this the Jordanians and Egyptians were legally allowed to occupy Gaza to retain peace, then Egypt and Jordan and the Arab coalition banded back together to invade Israel again in the Sinai War (Six day war), and Israel then successfully fended them off, but this time they took Gaza, since their antagonizes obviously should not be able to have a proxy state to strike at Israel at any given time.

Any questions class?

Yes, ever read Noam Chomsky, ever read anything that doesn't airbrush away the culpability of Israel in generating the hostilities that it claims to be an innocent victim of?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 5:18:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 5:09:11 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 4:33:43 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.

Also, I think Israel, while I will not deny that it has it's flaws, and is relatively corrupt, has been relatively cool-tempered about other middle eastern states antagonizing them.

Israel engages in quite a lot of antagonizing and terrorism too, i.e., it's certainly no paragon of fair play.

The most laughable thing about the two-state solution is, there WAS a two-state solution, until after only 3-4 years of peace, the historically belligerent palestinians came in and did what they do best, antagonize the Jews. We all know of the 48'-49' Arab-Israeli war where the aggressive Arab coalition directly invaded Israel after a civil war in Palestine, and Israel pretty much put them to task, after this the Jordanians and Egyptians were legally allowed to occupy Gaza to retain peace, then Egypt and Jordan and the Arab coalition banded back together to invade Israel again in the Sinai War (Six day war), and Israel then successfully fended them off, but this time they took Gaza, since their antagonizes obviously should not be able to have a proxy state to strike at Israel at any given time.


Any questions class?

Yes, ever read Noam Chomsky, ever read anything that doesn't airbrush away the culpability of Israel in generating the hostilities that it claims to be an innocent victim of?

I get most of my facts about Israel straight from educational, non-biased sources such as wiki. You can find everything I told you hear on wiki. I don't care to hear the inane revisionist rants of this Noam Chomsky, I hear the facts and then weigh my decision on whom I support, I obviously support Israel. Here is another nice piece for you to read on Wiki that shows about how Palestine (Gaza) Constantly antagonizes Israel arbitrarily with rockets. An average of 8 rockets are arbitrarily fired at innocent Israelis a day.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 5:23:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 5:18:32 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 5:09:11 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 4:33:43 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.

Also, I think Israel, while I will not deny that it has it's flaws, and is relatively corrupt, has been relatively cool-tempered about other middle eastern states antagonizing them.

Israel engages in quite a lot of antagonizing and terrorism too, i.e., it's certainly no paragon of fair play.

The most laughable thing about the two-state solution is, there WAS a two-state solution, until after only 3-4 years of peace, the historically belligerent palestinians came in and did what they do best, antagonize the Jews. We all know of the 48'-49' Arab-Israeli war where the aggressive Arab coalition directly invaded Israel after a civil war in Palestine, and Israel pretty much put them to task, after this the Jordanians and Egyptians were legally allowed to occupy Gaza to retain peace, then Egypt and Jordan and the Arab coalition banded back together to invade Israel again in the Sinai War (Six day war), and Israel then successfully fended them off, but this time they took Gaza, since their antagonizes obviously should not be able to have a proxy state to strike at Israel at any given time.


Any questions class?

Yes, ever read Noam Chomsky, ever read anything that doesn't airbrush away the culpability of Israel in generating the hostilities that it claims to be an innocent victim of?

I get most of my facts about Israel straight from educational, non-biased sources such as wiki. You can find everything I told you hear on wiki. I don't care to hear the inane revisionist rants of this Noam Chomsky, I hear the facts and then weigh my decision on whom I support, I obviously support Israel. Here is another nice piece for you to read on Wiki that shows about how Palestine (Gaza) Constantly antagonizes Israel arbitrarily with rockets. An average of 8 rockets are arbitrarily fired at innocent Israelis a day.


http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, so all so-called "revisionist" history is illegitimate because the mainstream, official version is always unbiased and the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2013 5:24:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/4/2013 5:09:11 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 4:33:43 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 3:48:56 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/4/2013 2:42:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/4/2013 11:24:28 AM, vbaculum wrote:
CA, I see the Jewish holocaust as the climax of centuries of anti-Jewish pogroms organized by Christians. However, I don't think you give Christians and Muslims enough credit for their ecumenticalism in oppressing homosexuals or in brainwashing children into believing creationism.

Historically, the right has persecuted the jews more.. More recently it is the left who are persecuting the Jews by standing behind the Iranian Proxy state of Palestine/Gaza. The Arab-Muslims will ultimately be the ones who commit the next genocide against the Jews, not the Christians, sorry.

Here we profoundly disagree again. And as for the next episode of mass slaughter, well, what with its unacknowledged and illegal nuclear arsenal, Israel is in possession of more of a capability to perpetrate another Holocaust than any other state in the Middle East.

Also, I think Israel, while I will not deny that it has it's flaws, and is relatively corrupt, has been relatively cool-tempered about other middle eastern states antagonizing them.

Israel engages in quite a lot of antagonizing and terrorism too, i.e., it's certainly no paragon of fair play.

The most laughable thing about the two-state solution is, there WAS a two-state solution, until after only 3-4 years of peace, the historically belligerent palestinians came in and did what they do best, antagonize the Jews. We all know of the 48'-49' Arab-Israeli war where the aggressive Arab coalition directly invaded Israel after a civil war in Palestine, and Israel pretty much put them to task, after this the Jordanians and Egyptians were legally allowed to occupy Gaza to retain peace, then Egypt and Jordan and the Arab coalition banded back together to invade Israel again in the Sinai War (Six day war), and Israel then successfully fended them off, but this time they took Gaza, since their antagonizes obviously should not be able to have a proxy state to strike at Israel at any given time.


Any questions class?

Yes, ever read Noam Chomsky, ever read anything that doesn't airbrush away the culpability of Israel in generating the hostilities that it claims to be an innocent victim of?

Noam is ironically an Anti-Semite. He is an idiotic uncle tom who associates himself with Neo-Nazis such as Robert Faurisson (the french swine Holocaust denier).

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org...

http://wernercohn.com...