Council on Foreign Relations Publishes Agenda

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 12:38:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.cfr.org...

1) The world needs to establish shared responsibility for the most intractable problems of our post-unipolar world. Therefore, for World Government to become a reality, China needs to play a greater role as a global power.

2) To implement World Government, it is essential to strengthen organisations like the United Nations, World Trade Organisation, International Monetary Fund and the G20.

3) Major powers need to begin engaging less prominent countries so that both major and minor players in the global political landscape can further the "networked governance" principle. Essentially, the key to World Government in 2013 is for all countries to enter into new mindsets and functioning mechanisms.

4) Globally, trade needs to be more regulated. In 2013, government subsidies should be tackled at the global level as opposed to regional or bilateral level.

5) The World needs to begin harnessing regional efforts into common action on a global level. Discouraged by the stalemate of global governance building, many countries and regions are now turning to regional and sub-regional integration, which explains why we are seeing more regional and sub-regional free-trade agreements.

If such a trend cannot be reversed in a timely fashion, then there will be no World Government in its real sense.

6) The Internet needs to be more regulated. It is believed that governments should start "maintaining" the free flow of information on the internet to limit the amount of cyber-aggression.

7) The deterioration of the political landscape in the Middle East has challenged the principles of World Government. Also, the inability of the international community to cope with this region's challenges threaten to also undermine the establishment of a World Government.

Summarized by: http://www.theglobalistreport.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 1:29:57 AM
At 3/5/2013 12:38:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

1) The world needs to establish shared responsibility for the most intractable problems of our post-unipolar world. Therefore, for World Government to become a reality, China needs to play a greater role as a global power.

They're now a perma-member of the UN Security Counsel just like we are. If you didn't believe they were already asserting themselves on the world stage, you weren't paying attention.

Plus, they're not our enemy...so what?

2) To implement World Government, it is essential to strengthen organisations like the United Nations, World Trade Organisation, International Monetary Fund and the G20.

New World Order - endorsed throughout the Presidency of George HW Bush, Republican (who I happen to like as a president, except for this part - the crazies (or, I may just be remembering Dana Carvey's imitation of Bush and looking on every event of his presidential tenure as a joke...)

3) Major powers need to begin engaging less prominent countries so that both major and minor players in the global political landscape can further the "networked governance" principle. Essentially, the key to World Government in 2013 is for all countries to enter into new mindsets and functioning mechanisms.

We do need some sort of International Law that has teeth, because right now we send foreign nationals to The Hague, but we refuse to answer for any of our alleged War Crimes.

4) Globally, trade needs to be more regulated. In 2013, government subsidies should be tackled at the global level as opposed to regional or bilateral level.

You like subsidies? That doesn't seem very libertarian.

5) The World needs to begin harnessing regional efforts into common action on a global level. Discouraged by the stalemate of global governance building, many countries and regions are now turning to regional and sub-regional integration, which explains why we are seeing more regional and sub-regional free-trade agreements.

Like NAFTA?

If such a trend cannot be reversed in a timely fashion, then there will be no World Government in its real sense.

I just want a world Judicial Branch to handle disputes between nations and between people of two nations. Beyond that, the world government can blow me.

6) The Internet needs to be more regulated. It is believed that governments should start "maintaining" the free flow of information on the internet to limit the amount of cyber-aggression.

They'll continue to fail at this...This was one of Rand's bright spots as a senator...I wish he would stop pandering to pricks and just go kick a little @ss on the stuff he's good at - making a lot of noise about civil liberties and beating down legislation which might erode them.

7) The deterioration of the political landscape in the Middle East has challenged the principles of World Government. Also, the inability of the international community to cope with this region's challenges threaten to also undermine the establishment of a World Government.

So, basically, the US caused this because we want a world government?

How deliciously Roman of us...
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 1:32:50 AM
Hey, you didn't answer my questions in that other thread about the liberties you're prepared to steal from 15% of Americans yet, fascist.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 4:50:13 PM
At 3/5/2013 1:32:50 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
Hey, you didn't answer my questions in that other thread about the liberties you're prepared to steal from 15% of Americans yet, fascist.

I don't recall, ask it again.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2013 9:49:05 PM
At 3/5/2013 12:38:10 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Why is this a problem? I'm not saying I disagree, but why would it be a necessarily bad thing if China's influence increased?

Why would this be bad? The problem of international anarchy is what drives realist decision making, it is why leaders are obliged to act of necessity rather than moral rightness. Would not a common authority to which the nations of the world democratically consented have some tangible benefits?

I can see the "haves" trying to win the "have nots" by pretending to be on their side, but even still, I'm not sure that the "have nots" wouldn't benefit from a one world government either.

Free trade is what enabled China to dump cheap tires in the United States and harm US tire producers. Unregulated Free trade enables economic actors to use their influence to disproportionately harm... I'm not saying that free trade is in principle bad -but it can have less than ideal effects. Do you disagree?

How is promoting economic stability bad?

Regulating the internet is where I draw the line.

So, what do we do about the middle east? Just let it be? Let Assad kill innocent people with impunity? Let Saddam continue to remain alive and in power? Let Hitler take Poland, take France and re-order the European continent? I grant you these are extreme examples, but at what point is international intervention necessary -in your view?
Tsar of DDO