Jump to topic:

Obamanomics = Failed or Success...

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:29:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Can anyone really tell if Obama's "Obamanomics" is working...
here is something i picked up from an article...

"Unemployment Hits 10.2% – Obamanomics Has Failed
By Tom White, on November 6th, 2009, at 9:03 am

CLueless

President Obama's Trickle up Poverty is now in full swing. The utter failure of this Administration to end the recession or the job losses is glaringly apparent.
Obama, Pelosi and Reid have so throttled the economy, wasted trillions of dollars and we have absolutely nothing to show for it.

One thing we do know is this Community Organizer from Chicago is absolutely clueless.

The Republican Party has always made short work of ending recessions. Democrats are inept at all things financial, except spending money.

The dire warnings that the massive pork bill disguised as a stimulus would do nothing to end the recession have been proven to be accurate.

And while this administration and their media lap dogs try to spin this horrible news using absolute bullnike terms like jobs saved and blaming former president Bush, this mess is clearly on Obama.

I only hope the country can survive until the midterm purge next year. With the massive job killing taxes and spending Obama and Pelosi have in mind, this country may not make it until then."

Is it working... stock is looking better, or is it failing with a few good coincidences?
Was Reaganomics better?

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:33:52 PM
What the hell is "Obamanomics?" There is no such thing.

And to note, the US had a huge return of growth last quarter, which means that the US is starting to come out of recession. Other governments are being criticized because the US is growing and their country's economy isn't, for f*ck's sake: http://www.guardian.co.uk...

Unemployment is always slower to cure than a recession itself, but as the US economy starts growing again, you'll see unemployment falling.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:40:20 PM
Yeah I don't know if I'd call it Obamanomics. Bush passed the first bail out.

And Ms. Reid is the one adding all the pork to everything, Obam's just signin off on it like Bush.

What I think is his biggest failure is not bringing the transparency and non-partisanship which he said he would.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if in 3-8 years time his time in office is justly characterized as such due to lots and lots of spending, I just don't think it would be appropriate quite yet.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:43:31 PM
At 11/7/2009 1:33:52 PM, Volkov wrote:

Yes, there is. Every President's economic policy is just named their last name+onomics. Bushonomics, Clintononomics, Reaganomics, etc.

And to note, the US had a huge return of growth last quarter, which means that the US is starting to come out of recession. Other governments are being criticized because the US is growing and their country's economy isn't, for f*ck's sake: http://www.guardian.co.uk...

1) Was it necesarry to drop the f-bomb?
2) After injecting an artificial ~$1.8 trillion into the economy by the joint forces of the stimulus and the Fed, it's not all that suprising that the economy grew.
3) We're screwed in the long term. The debts and deficits are soaring.

Unemployment is always slower to cure than a recession itself, but as the US economy starts growing again, you'll see unemployment falling.

Graph of the day: http://www.gop.gov...
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:44:52 PM
At 11/7/2009 1:40:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
What I think is his biggest failure is not bringing the transparency and non-partisanship which he said he would.

Well, non-partisanship I can agree with you on, but you can only be non-partisan when the other partisans want to work with you. XD

But I think the Obama administration has been pretty transparent, especially with their stimulus money. They have an entire website up dedicated to showing taxpayers where their money is going, how much of it is being used, what the results are back from it, etc.

It is a breath of fresh air from my government's transparency, when they won't even release the numbers to journalists or taxpayers and are funnelling it into their constituencies.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:46:57 PM
At 11/7/2009 1:43:31 PM, Nags wrote:
At 11/7/2009 1:33:52 PM, Volkov wrote:

Yes, there is. Every President's economic policy is just named their last name+onomics. Bushonomics, Clintononomics, Reaganomics, etc.

2) After injecting an artificial ~$1.8 trillion into the economy by the joint forces of the stimulus and the Fed, it's not all that suprising that the economy grew.

So is this another FDR?
Policies look good, but screw us in the long run...

http://www.thoseshirts.com...
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 1:53:37 PM
At 11/7/2009 1:43:31 PM, Nags wrote:

That is quite silly.

Mind you, we have Harponomics here. >_>

Yes.

Thank you for the praise of the stimulus spending.

There are ways to handle it and if Obama's, or any future successor President's, plans are in play about how to tackle it, then you can save yourselves from crushing debt without totally screwing over the populace that puts you into power.

That graph is so misleading, its not even funny. I mean, they've made a discrepancy of about 2% seem like 70%.

Any administration in the history of the US or any other country can get their predictions wrong from time to time. Doesn't matter if you're Republican, Liberal, Democrat, or Labour; these things are volatile.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 2:07:28 PM
At 11/7/2009 1:44:52 PM, Volkov wrote:

Well, non-partisanship I can agree with you on, but you can only be non-partisan when the other partisans want to work with you. XD

But I think the Obama administration has been pretty transparent, especially with their stimulus money. They have an entire website up dedicated to showing taxpayers where their money is going, how much of it is being used, what the results are back from it, etc.

It is a breath of fresh air from my government's transparency, when they won't even release the numbers to journalists or taxpayers and are funnelling it into their constituencies.

LOL.
A: You have to give in first.
B: No you have to give in first.
A: how can i be reasonable when my opponents not??

It has nothing to do with your opponent.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Guy_In_Mi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 2:09:44 PM
Failed: Obamanomics is a type kensington economics. Spend spend spend, print more money so we can spend spend spend even more. Sure we will see short bump ups in the short term, smart people know what will happen in the mid-long term>>>Inflation<<< Allowing the private sector/free market to run the cycle isn't what Obama is all about.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 2:14:46 PM
At 11/7/2009 2:09:44 PM, Guy_In_Mi wrote:
Failed: Obamanomics is a type kensington economics. Spend spend spend, print more money so we can spend spend spend even more. Sure we will see short bump ups in the short term, smart people know what will happen in the mid-long term>>>Inflation<<< Allowing the private sector/free market to run the cycle isn't what Obama is all about.

This is what i am seeing!
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 2:17:39 PM
At 11/7/2009 2:07:28 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
LOL.
A: You have to give in first.
B: No you have to give in first.
A: how can i be reasonable when my opponents not??

It has nothing to do with your opponent.

I think I confused non-partisan with bi-partisan.

Did you really expect the Democrats not to be partisan though? They're in a two-party system, facing against another party which is partisan to their very core. I don't think they had much of a choice.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 2:17:48 PM
Kensington?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 2:40:43 PM
At 11/7/2009 2:14:46 PM, comoncents wrote:

Kensington Economics? I think you mean Keynesian. :|
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2009 7:16:43 PM
At 11/7/2009 1:29:07 PM, comoncents wrote:
The Republican Party has always made short work of ending recessions.

They also made short work of putting you in this mess in the first place. Let's not forget that Obama inherited these Republican problems and just hasn't done the best job of cleaning them up to this point.

And while this administration and their media lap dogs try to spin this horrible news using absolute bullnike terms like jobs saved and blaming former president Bush, this mess is clearly on Obama.

Correct, the mess is currently in Obama's hands, but it was placed there as house warming gift all wrapped up in a neat little package (irony intended) by the Bush administration. Who plunged you into two wars (to be fair, one of which I do support) ? It sure as heck wasn't Obama. Who let the banks and financial institutions put massive loans into the hands of people who obviously couldn't repay them? Who oversaw the near complete collapse of the housing market ?

Saying that Republicans are better at cleaning up their own messes isn't the best case against Obama and Democrats in general.
Guy_In_Mi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2009 6:52:20 AM
At 11/7/2009 2:40:43 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 11/7/2009 2:14:46 PM, comoncents wrote:

Kensington Economics? I think you mean Keynesian. :|

Yes, Keynesian. Thanks.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 9:11:49 AM
Obamanomics: How Barack Obama Is Bankrupting You and Enriching His Wall Street Friends, Corporate Lobbyists, and Union Bosses (Hardcover)

With Ron Paul writing the forward for this.

http://www.amazon.com...
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 9:54:39 AM
At 12/4/2009 9:11:49 AM, comoncents wrote:
Obamanomics: How Barack Obama Is Bankrupting You and Enriching His Wall Street Friends, Corporate Lobbyists, and Union Bosses (Hardcover)

With Ron Paul writing the forward for this.

http://www.amazon.com...

Right, so basically identical to Bushonomics, Clintonomics, Bushonomics again, Reaganomics .... I could go on. I have a strange feeling however, that if the situation was the same with a Republican president, you would not have brought this up.
gr33k_fr33k5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 5:30:28 PM
Yeah I don't know if I'd call it Obamanomics. Bush passed the first bail out.

And guess what?! IT FAILED . .. . TARPA was a failure, why woud Obama think that doing the same thing again would work? . .. . clueless. . . .

And Ms. Reid is the one adding all the pork to everything, Obam's just signin off on it like Bush.

Bush was a terrible president, so saying hes "just like Bush" is not a good thing. . . .

three words regarding his non-partisanship BS . .. . Health Care Reform

Though I wouldn't be surprised if in 3-8 years time his time in office is justly characterized as such due to lots and lots of spending, I just don't think it would be appropriate quite yet.

ummmm . .. . hes only been in office for a year and a half and hes already spent billions upon billions upon trillions of dollars, all of which we don't have. . . .
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
gr33k_fr33k5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2009 5:35:13 PM
Did you really expect the Democrats not to be partisan though? They're in a two-party system, facing against another party which is partisan to their very core. I don't think they had much of a choice.

you act as though the Dems. wanna work with the Reps. any more than visa versa . . .. this just isn't true. . . .and THAT is why I'm independent. . .
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss