Jump to topic:

North Korea

ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:16:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I see our moderate, compassionate compadres in the east are reaching out to us for peace.

What should we do about this liberals?

Ignore it until hundreds of thousands of our citizens die from nuclear attacks?

Obviously, I cede the sanctions aren't working, I think we need to becoming closer with China and together we will do a secret, pre-emptive strike to confiscate North Korea's nuclear weapons. We should also capture and try Kim-Jong-Un, Kim-Yong Nam, and Choe Yong Rim in front of the ICC for threatening nuclear war against another nation.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:27:53 PM
It's quite a sticky situation. We can't just invade because they have a million man army, nuclear weapons, and an insane citizenry willing to do anything. They are also right next to South Korea, and provoking North Korea will put many innocent people into danger. North Korea knows that if they attack they will be committing suicide, but I'm not sure if that's enough to keep them from doing so. Rational minds wouldn't attack, but then again, rational minds wouldn't try to breed giant rabbits to solve a famine (caused by, I might add, loony policies resembling those of the government of 1984).
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:29:41 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:27:53 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
It's quite a sticky situation. We can't just invade because they have a million man army, nuclear weapons, and an insane citizenry willing to do anything. They are also right next to South Korea, and provoking North Korea will put many innocent people into danger. North Korea knows that if they attack they will be committing suicide, but I'm not sure if that's enough to keep them from doing so. Rational minds wouldn't attack, but then again, rational minds wouldn't try to breed giant rabbits to solve a famine (caused by, I might add, loony policies resembling those of the government of 1984).

Do you agree with my solution?

We take the leadership, try them in front of the ICC.

Secretly confiscate their nuclear weapons via black ops joint raids with China.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:30:30 PM

Do you think it's a coincidence that Iran is gaining their nuclear capabilities at the same time North Korea is?

and that Russia is wanting to re-populate? All of these authoritarian nations are preparing to go to war with the civilized democratic nations.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:32:30 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:29:41 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Too risky. If the mission failed, it would be an act of war, even for non-crazy nations (!), and result would be an all out war with a nation devoted to preparing for an all out war.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:36:44 PM
This is the situtation if South Korea and North Korea go to war then the US has to step in because of a treaty in the area, if they don't other nations will abondon the US and we'll be left in the dark. China on the flip side has to protect North Korea because of it's allies in Africa and if they back down they'll be left in the dark.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:39:04 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think they are any good solutions to solve this crisis. We just need to hope North Korea isn't as crazy as they profess.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:41:36 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:36:44 PM, lannan13 wrote:
This is the situtation if South Korea and North Korea go to war then the US has to step in because of a treaty in the area, if they don't other nations will abondon the US and we'll be left in the dark. China on the flip side has to protect North Korea because of it's allies in Africa and if they back down they'll be left in the dark.

I don't believe China will necessarily back North Korea. China knows it has a chance at a future, and is abandoning its crazy little pet.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:44:06 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:41:36 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

I don't believe China will necessarily back North Korea. China knows it has a chance at a future, and is abandoning its crazy little pet.

China has to protect North Korea, because
A) North Korea is entirely dependent on China
B) if NK fails then Koreans will flock to China.
C) They'll show the African nations who they promised to protect that when the going gets tough, you get Fvcked.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:48:18 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:44:06 PM, lannan13 wrote:

C) They'll show the African nations who they promised to protect that when the going gets tough, you get Fvcked.

A : so what?

B : Lol, China wouldn't have that (what makes you think that's out of their control?)

C: why would they care about those relations more than its relations with the developed World (who has nukes) ?
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:49:38 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:32:30 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Too risky. If the mission failed, it would be an act of war, even for non-crazy nations (!), and result would be an all out war with a nation devoted to preparing for an all out war.

Even with their 1 million person army, they would ultimately not stand a chance. China produces 30 million new potential soldiers per year. US has the money and tech.

Also, we would have forces on standby, and if they were caught trying to capture the leaders and confiscate the weps, we would hit them with a massive surprise invasion and try to overwhelm them before they could react properly.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:50:23 PM

China does not protect North Korea, they have threatened war against them and treat them like an outcasted child.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:52:12 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:44:06 PM, lannan13 wrote:

All the more reason to abandon them.

There is only 10 million of them, I think western europe and the US can take the blow and allow maybe 2 million here to defect and 2 million in western europe.

China's main trade partners are slowly becoming Western Europe and the US, not under developed nations that have really no regional influence at all.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:54:15 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:49:38 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Even with their 1 million person army, they would ultimately not stand a chance. China produces 30 million new potential soldiers per year. US has the money and tech.

Also, we would have forces on standby, and if they were caught trying to capture the leaders and confiscate the weps, we would hit them with a massive surprise invasion and try to overwhelm them before they could react properly.

I'm not claiming that North Korea can defeat the United States or China, but it can do damage. Also, it's preferable not to have to kill 24 million people, most of whom would not choose to belong to a society resembling a dystopian fantasy novel if they weren't so brainwashed.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 6:58:24 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:54:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

I'm not claiming that North Korea can defeat the United States or China, but it can do damage.

Also, it's preferable not to have to kill 24 million people, most of whom would not choose to belong to a society resembling a dystopian fantasy novel if they weren't so brainwashed.

If we had our special ops raid forces backed by global forces that would be on standby and be able to hit NK with a massive 800,000+ Soldier invasion within 10 hours, we would be able to effectively destroy North Korea's military and nuclear capabilities with little to no trouble. When Germany invaded Poland with their massive blitzkrieg method, barely any casualties were incurred due to the swift, but massive invasion.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:04:17 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:58:24 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

I'm not claiming that North Korea can defeat the United States or China, but it can do damage.

Also, it's preferable not to have to kill 24 million people, most of whom would not choose to belong to a society resembling a dystopian fantasy novel if they weren't so brainwashed.

If we had our special ops raid forces backed by global forces that would be on standby and be able to hit NK with a massive 800,000+ Soldier invasion within 10 hours, we would be able to effectively destroy North Korea's military and nuclear capabilities with little to no trouble. When Germany invaded Poland with their massive blitzkrieg method, barely any casualties were incurred due to the swift, but massive invasion.

"Just invade North Korea," is what you are saying. Do you realize what you are saying? If it were that easy, I don't think we'd be discussing this.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:07:07 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:04:17 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

"Just invade North Korea," is what you are saying. Do you realize what you are saying? If it were that easy, I don't think we'd be discussing this.

The ideal plan is that we first try the confiscation of weapons and capture the leaders with under 500 spec ops units that would strike with little notice, they would airlift the weapons out, capture the government officials, and be out within 4-6 hours.

Also, we don't invade them for moral reasons, but morality is too subjective for myself and the government to project upon others, and thereby we should be doing what is logical, invading North Korea to eliminate them as a threat to the impressive world peace we are currently otherwise experiencing.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:10:51 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:07:07 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

The ideal plan is that we first try the confiscation of weapons and capture the leaders with under 500 spec ops units that would strike with little notice, they would airlift the weapons out, capture the government officials, and be out within 4-6 hours.

Also, we don't invade them for moral reasons, but morality is too subjective for myself and the government to project upon others, and thereby we should be doing what is logical, invading North Korea to eliminate them as a threat to the impressive world peace we are currently otherwise experiencing.

If I thought we could disarm North Korea's nuclear capabilities and overthrow the government without provoking a nuclear exchange with almost no causalities, of course I would support that.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:18:41 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:10:51 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

If I thought we could disarm North Korea's nuclear capabilities and overthrow the government without provoking a nuclear exchange with almost no causalities, of course I would support that.

Even if we couldn't, as I said, a swift, massive invasion would destroy NK's military and nuclear capabilities before they could even react.

If you want to debate whether it's feasible, I will make a quick 3 round debate with you and write out a military plan that we could use to invade NK, You could dispute how that military plan is not possible.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:20:57 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:14:06 PM, Wnope wrote:
Pray tell, where are all these American soldiers going to come from? We're already stretched thin in the Middle east.

No we're not, also, we would deploy temporary national guard forces (467,587) http://en.wikipedia.org...

The other soldiers would come from allies such as China (our first plan would be to improve diplomatic relationships w/ China), they could easily contribute 200,000, the other 140,000 could be our western european allies.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:21:05 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:18:41 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Even if we couldn't, as I said, a swift, massive invasion would destroy NK's military and nuclear capabilities before they could even react.

If you want to debate whether it's feasible, I will make a quick 3 round debate with you and write out a military plan that we could use to invade NK, You could dispute how that military plan is not possible.

Let's just debate here. What's your plan?
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:21:39 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:21:05 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/7/2013 7:18:41 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Let's just debate here. What's your plan?

Give me about 15 mins to write it.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:41:09 PM
Operation Underlord (spin off of operation overlord, lol)

Plan:

Due to the poor reconassiance funding by the North Korean military, the US could easily stage 400,000 soldiers in pacific islands and the northern tip of Japan without being caught (if we were caught, we could say it was a joint training operation). We would stage our forces in the following Islands and spread them out (http://www.infoplease.com...)

With roughly 25 friendly islands in the region, we would stage about 16,000 soldiers per Island.

We would hit North Korea from the East, in all their major coastal cities, including Tanchon, Wonsan, and Tanchon. China would hit them from Nampho We would have China stage their soldiers on the Coasts of Shanghai, near the Korea Bay, and in the East China Sea. We would have our European allies stage their troops in Northern China about 300-400 miles north of the Yalu River. We will simply call this a joint training excercise and say China is simply attempting to improve it's relationships with other nations. We will strike with a combination of 800,000 ground troops (400,000 US, 200,000 China, 200,000 Western European allies), we will use drones to assasinate major NK leaders. We will hit China from all sides and simply converge on them until all the country is taken by all allied forces. We will also stage 60,000-100,000 troops in Japan and Southern South Korea (No North Korean surveillance there) and wait for the invasion, we will then effectively have North Korea being hit from all sides. Our Western European Allies will hit them with coastal batteries and 200,000 ground troops from the Yalu River, our Chinese allies will hit them with 200,000 troops from the western NK coast, and the US will hit them with 300,000 troops on the eastern coast and 100,000 from the south. With APC's, tanks and planes carrying our troops we will be able to take all of North Korea in a day or less. Our first priority will be to capture or kill NK's leaders and airlift their WMD's out of North Korea. North Korea will be effectively taken by surprise and have little to no time to react to our attack. The next step will be to confiscate the Korean military of all their weapons so they can't do an uprising. Once we have done this, we will set up a new democratic government in NK and cut the troops in half.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:42:03 PM
At 3/7/2013 6:16:54 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
I see our moderate, compassionate compadres in the east are reaching out to us for peace.

This would be an opportune moment for a fleet of drones to take center stage...

In reality, it would be better to invite Kim Jong Un the UN to justify himself before the UN -then arrange for some separatists to be armed and meet him before the international press. The story, then, would be that North Koreans who defected killed a North Korean. Less fallout that way than if the US military had anything to do with it. The UN security detail could address the problem (that is, detain the separatists -all of them) then subject them to a show trial of sorts, found guilty and sentenced to life in prison in Gitmo. However, the actual people would quietly be given new identities and asylum in the US. The world would be none the wiser that the United States facilitated the affair. Not, of course, that the United States does that sort of thing... but it would be an adequate solution to a pressing problem. This, I would say, would be the proper next step if North Korea conducts any more nuclear tests.

Before any of this could take place, the US would have to let the Chinese know the plan. Not that we would "ask" their approval, but rather that this was what was going to happen (and why -being that the North Koreans threatened nuclear attack on the US), so that the Chinese don't think they're next. If they have a problem with it, and I'm sure they will, then so be it. I see no reason to give anyone other than China notice.

Facilitating an internal revolution would really be most ideal, but I don't think that's feasible in this situation.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:42:30 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:41:09 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
Operation Underlord (spin off of operation overlord, lol)

Plan:

Due to the poor reconassiance funding by the North Korean military, the US could easily stage 400,000 soldiers in pacific islands and the northern tip of Japan without being caught (if we were caught, we could say it was a joint training operation). We would stage our forces in the following Islands and spread them out (http://www.infoplease.com...)

With roughly 25 friendly islands in the region, we would stage about 16,000 soldiers per Island.

We would hit North Korea from the East, in all their major coastal cities, including Tanchon, Wonsan, and Tanchon. China would hit them from Nampho We would have China stage their soldiers on the Coasts of Shanghai, near the Korea Bay, and in the East China Sea. We would have our European allies stage their troops in Northern China about 300-400 miles north of the Yalu River. We will simply call this a joint training excercise and say China is simply attempting to improve it's relationships with other nations. We will strike with a combination of 800,000 ground troops (400,000 US, 200,000 China, 200,000 Western European allies), we will use drones to assasinate major NK leaders. We will hit China from all sides and simply converge on them until all the country is taken by all allied forces. We will also stage 60,000-100,000 troops in Japan and Southern South Korea (No North Korean surveillance there) and wait for the invasion, we will then effectively have North Korea being hit from all sides. Our Western European Allies will hit them with coastal batteries and 200,000 ground troops from the Yalu River, our Chinese allies will hit them with 200,000 troops from the western NK coast, and the US will hit them with 300,000 troops on the eastern coast and 100,000 from the south. With APC's, tanks and planes carrying our troops we will be able to take all of North Korea in a day or less. Our first priority will be to capture or kill NK's leaders and airlift their WMD's out of North Korea. North Korea will be effectively taken by surprise and have little to no time to react to our attack. The next step will be to confiscate the Korean military of all their weapons so they can't do an uprising. Once we have done this, we will set up a new democratic government in NK and cut the troops in half.

Also, sources about geographical points and troop count here:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.north-korea-travel.com...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:44:24 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:42:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/7/2013 6:16:54 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

This would be an opportune moment for a fleet of drones to take center stage...

In reality, it would be better to invite Kim Jong Un the UN to justify himself before the UN -then arrange for some separatists to be armed and meet him before the international press. The story, then, would be that North Koreans who defected killed a North Korean. Less fallout that way than if the US military had anything to do with it. The UN security detail could address the problem (that is, detain the separatists -all of them) then subject them to a show trial of sorts, found guilty and sentenced to life in prison in Gitmo. However, the actual people would quietly be given new identities and asylum in the US. The world would be none the wiser that the United States facilitated the affair. Not, of course, that the United States does that sort of thing... but it would be an adequate solution to a pressing problem. This, I would say, would be the proper next step if North Korea conducts any more nuclear tests.

Before any of this could take place, the US would have to let the Chinese know the plan. Not that we would "ask" their approval, but rather that this was what was going to happen (and why -being that the North Koreans threatened nuclear attack on the US), so that the Chinese don't think they're next. If they have a problem with it, and I'm sure they will, then so be it. I see no reason to give anyone other than China notice.

Facilitating an internal revolution would really be most ideal, but I don't think that's feasible in this situation.

If we effectively changed the country for the better instead of trying to create another Iran, it would work a lot better. Read my invasion plan.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2013 7:46:51 PM
At 3/7/2013 7:45:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
North Korea detects our invasion and launched a nuclear strike against South Korea, killing ten million people.

As I said, our first priority would be to confiscate their nukes via airlift, we could probably do this within 6-8 hours of the invasion (before NK government even realized they were being invaded).