Jump to topic:

Calling DDO Military Strategists

ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 12:56:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Any experienced DDO Military Strategists?

Lewis says that we can't draw up a detailed invasion plan of North Korea only based on information civilians are given.

I beg to differ.

I would like to select 2-3 people who would go with me on team viewer, we would all draw a detailed plan to invade North Korea on PDN.

We could also all make our own drafts, compare them and revise them until we all have agreed on one plan.

Anyone want to help me with this interesting task?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:18:47 PM
At 3/8/2013 12:56:14 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Lewis says that we can't draw up a detailed invasion plan of North Korea only based on information civilians are given.

He's right.

I beg to differ.

I would like to select 2-3 people who would go with me on team viewer, we would all draw a detailed plan to invade North Korea on PDN.

We could also all make our own drafts, compare them and revise them until we all have agreed on one plan.

Not really, but thanks for offering.

What will be more important than anything else is to describe the objectives of such a war. If the plan was to destroy North Korea, we wouldn't need to invade. Air strikes or nuclear strikes can accomplish that much quicker and with far less pain (on our side) than any ostensible invasion.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:31:28 PM
At 3/8/2013 1:18:47 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

He's right.

No, he's not. You can find all of NK's troop counts, nuclear arsenals, military hardware, troop count, and more online.

You can even use freakin' google maps to plan a street to street invasion, Google maps has successfully mapped out over 90% of N Korea.

I beg to differ.

Not really, but thanks for offering.

What will be more important than anything else is to describe the objectives of such a war. If the plan was to destroy North Korea, we wouldn't need to invade. Air strikes or nuclear strikes can accomplish that much quicker and with far less pain (on our side) than any ostensible invasion.

Of course the plan isn't to destroy Korea.

Read some of the original threat called 'North Korea'. It would be a swift, massive military invasion that would involve overrunning N Korea before they could properly react.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:36:47 PM
At 3/8/2013 1:33:18 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
The US government willingly posts this stuff online to humiliate, mock and belittle N Korea.

Judging from your name I can probably guess this, but do you support an American Attack on North Korea?
kfc
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:39:56 PM
At 3/8/2013 1:36:47 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 3/8/2013 1:33:18 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
The US government willingly posts this stuff online to humiliate, mock and belittle N Korea.

Judging from your name I can probably guess this, but do you support an American Attack on North Korea?

Not atm, if the situation escalates much further than it is right now, yes.

Right now N. Korea has recently decided to get rid of their non-aggression pacts w/ S Korea. They also threatened a preemptive nuclear strike against the US.

If they start to mobilize their military in any suspicious way, or do anything that would show they are mobilizing for attack, I would not stand for pre-war games and would get right down to business and hit them with a swift, but massive military strike.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:40:13 PM

I beg to differ.

You could draw anything you want.....it would be wrong. No civilian w/o the necessary clearance has sufficient intell to do anything but yap. FYI...Its a cease fire not a treaty, and it is the first UN "conflict" .
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 1:41:47 PM
At 3/8/2013 1:40:13 PM, logicrules wrote:

I beg to differ.

You could draw anything you want.....it would be wrong.

N. Korea is 90% or more navigated w/ Google Maps. I can easily locate on google maps all their significant nuclear research facilities, gulags and military bases.

No civilian w/o the necessary clearance has sufficient intell to do anything but yap. FYI...Its a cease fire not a treaty, and it is the first UN "conflict" .

?
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:04:13 PM

I beg to differ.

You could draw anything you want.....it would be wrong. No civilian w/o the necessary clearance has sufficient intell to do anything but yap. FYI...Its a cease fire not a treaty, and it is the first UN "conflict" .
http://www.google.com...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:12:54 PM
At 3/8/2013 2:04:13 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

I beg to differ.

http://www.google.com...

^
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:31:22 PM
I'd bite.

Even if I agree that it's probably not gonna be anything close to accurate, it'd be a fun little project to do.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:31:30 PM

I beg to differ.

Another good link for hard facts on their military

http://www.au.af.mil...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:44:28 PM
At 3/8/2013 2:39:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Why oh why would it be a good idea to invade N. Korea?

Read the original post on the politics section titled 'North korea'

Personally, a Canadian invasion would be more fun to tactically plan.

But Canada doesn't pose a serious threat to us. You interested in helping us with the N. Korea invasion plan though?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:46:14 PM

I am (or really still in the process of becoming) a political scientist.

He is correct.

I beg to differ.

ok.

lol sounds like fun.

You will facilitate the effective end of South Korea.
Tsar of DDO
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:48:17 PM
At 3/8/2013 2:46:14 PM, YYW wrote:

I am (or really still in the process of becoming) a political scientist.

He is correct.

I beg to differ.

ok.

lol sounds like fun.

You will facilitate the effective end of South Korea.

We will see once I draw the plan what you think of it.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:48:58 PM
Make it more then 2 or 3, and I'm in.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:50:45 PM

I beg to differ.

Sounds interesting. PM me in a week.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:52:19 PM
At 3/8/2013 2:51:57 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
http://www.history.navy.mil...

We strike at 38" at 6 beaches near ulchin.

Jk, we would need more planning then that.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:55:06 PM
At 3/8/2013 2:48:58 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Make it more then 2 or 3, and I'm in.

Hmm.

I will allow anyone to make a draft of their personal plan, I will also make my own.

Once all participants drafts are finished, we will come together and pick the top 4.

Once we do that, we will go on teamviewer and all make one final draft to post on DDO
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 2:58:17 PM
Antidote, Zaradi

I have PM'd you some valuable info that you should read up on for the plan.

Has info on NK geography in detail, economy, agriculture, military, military hardware, etc.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 3:29:51 PM
At 3/8/2013 1:41:47 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

I beg to differ.

N. Korea is 90% or more navigated w/ Google Maps. I can easily locate on google maps all their significant nuclear research facilities, gulags and military bases.

No civilian w/o the necessary clearance has sufficient intell to do anything but yap. FYI...Its a cease fire not a treaty, and it is the first UN "conflict" .

?

I can cut you open and find your heart, check google for surgical information and do a bypass. My guess is you would be dead.

N. Korea is still an ACTIVE US enemy....you thought they wouldn't try to get more weapons.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 3:55:03 PM
I hate to say it but you NEED me if you want success. I may be 14 but trust me, I am good. Plus I have watched plenty of history channel, from tanks to aircraft carriers to old greek battles. I am a brilliant strategist and have much to offer.

First give me all the intel I have to work with and a few hours toying with the info.

I will know exactly where to drop in troops, where to bring in ships, and how to take down N. Korea as quickly and effectively as possible. I will start working on it now.
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 4:06:44 PM
At 3/8/2013 3:29:51 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 3/8/2013 1:41:47 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

I beg to differ.

?

I can cut you open and find your heart, check google for surgical information and do a bypass. My guess is you would be dead.

N. Korea is still an ACTIVE US enemy....you thought they wouldn't try to get more weapons.

Most of my sources are within the last 6 years.

Also, military strategy takes about 3-4 months to learn.

I am pretty sure heart surgery takes 6-8 years.

Terrible comparison.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 4:10:36 PM
At 3/8/2013 3:55:03 PM, THEVIRUS wrote:
I hate to say it but you NEED me if you want success. I may be 14 but trust me, I am good. Plus I have watched plenty of history channel, from tanks to aircraft carriers to old greek battles. I am a brilliant strategist and have much to offer.

First give me all the intel I have to work with and a few hours toying with the info.

I will know exactly where to drop in troops, where to bring in ships, and how to take down N. Korea as quickly and effectively as possible. I will start working on it now.

I'm sure you'll help, but I already have a decent crew of 3 together, you would make a nice addition, but we don't 'need' you. Accept my FR and I'll get you started with the links we have provided.
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 4:21:18 PM
Hit 38 Long 125.75 Lat just below the bombing mark on the map in that alcove with 1/3 of our ground forces and 3/8 of our navy.

Meanwhile drop a strike team at 126.5 Lat 38.5 Long 2 hours after, have them search for tactical intel, then pull them out 2 hours after drop at the drop site. Emergency evac 38.65 Long 126.5 Lat.

As soon as ^ gets done, bomb the division base.

While this is going on send 1/2 of our entire count (navy and army) to 35 Long 129.25 Lat at Pusan to attak up.

2 days after send 1/2 our marines in at 39 Long 127.5 Lat but just out of view of the nearest town (<---Wanson I think) with small air support, but keep this invasion quiet. By then we have effective footholds in their country. The rest of our navy and air force can control incoming supplies.

NOTE: I thought this up in like 10 minutes... sorry if it is rough around the edges
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 4:24:06 PM
So what do you think? Told you I am a strategist through and through. I haven't even brought up the troops stationed in bases nearby

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 4:31:56 PM
How about just doing an axis and allies game and see who wins.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
THEVIRUS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 4:37:17 PM
At 3/8/2013 4:31:56 PM, lewis20 wrote:
How about just doing an axis and allies game and see who wins.

That wouldn't be fun. I want to invade.

Actually, if we each got an army...

Okay, instead of doing dibs, list all the different militaries for the "allies", we can pair things up so we all control the same amount, and we can decide (based on tactical knowledge) who should get which force(s)