Seven Tenets of (USA) Progressivism

BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 6:51:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
1.) No Set of Cultural Values is Superior to Any Other

2.) Yet, Within our Own Culture, the Values of Self Described Progressives are Superior to the Values of Other Groups

3.) State Intervention has been the Driving Force for Most of the Positive Developments in United States History

4.) Economies with Less State Intervention are Unfair and Unstable

5.) A Large and Active State is, therefore, Necessary for Both Fairness and Progress

6.) Tradition Should Not be a Consideration with Regards to Any Public Policy or Cultural Evaluation

7.) The Public Sector is the Most Effective Platform to Achieve Progressive Goals (egalitarianism, feminism, etc.)
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2013 8:15:04 PM
At 3/8/2013 6:51:03 PM, BigRat wrote:
1.) No Set of Cultural Values is Superior to Any Other

2.) Yet, Within our Own Culture, the Values of Self Described Progressives are Superior to the Values of Other Groups

3.) State Intervention has been the Driving Force for Most of the Positive Developments in United States History

4.) Economies with Less State Intervention are Unfair and Unstable

5.) A Large and Active State is, therefore, Necessary for Both Fairness and Progress

6.) Tradition Should Not be a Consideration with Regards to Any Public Policy or Cultural Evaluation

7.) The Public Sector is the Most Effective Platform to Achieve Progressive Goals (egalitarianism, feminism, etc.)

This can actually be boiled down to a single, golden (as it were) rule - no douchebags.

Sorry, man. The tribe has spoken. You don' gotta go home. You just can't stay here.

Buh-bye.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:19:27 AM
At 3/8/2013 11:40:40 PM, BigRat wrote:
Does anyone with something intelligent to say have anything to add?

This presumes your OP deserves an intelligent response.

Generalizing progressives by stating absolutes is about as intellectual as a thread claiming conservatives want to cut all welfare spending and use it for the military.
BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 12:54:16 AM
At 3/9/2013 12:19:27 AM, Wnope wrote:

Generalizing progressives by stating absolutes is about as intellectual as a thread claiming conservatives want to cut all welfare spending and use it for the military.

They aren't absolutes, they are generalizations. Generalizations are not always bad.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 1:30:02 AM
At 3/9/2013 12:54:16 AM, BigRat wrote:

They aren't absolutes, they are generalizations. Generalizations are not always bad.

Really? Because I've found that all generalizations are always bad.
BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 2:55:40 AM
At 3/9/2013 1:30:02 AM, Wnope wrote:

I deserved that, haha.

Well, since we're here, I might as well share a Twain quote that you have probably seen before:

"All stereotypes are false, including this one"
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/9/2013 3:44:48 AM
At 3/9/2013 2:55:40 AM, BigRat wrote:

I deserved that, haha.

Well, since we're here, I might as well share a Twain quote that you have probably seen before:

OR, one might just sum all of this up by saying, "No Douchebags"

See how I accomplished in 2 words what it took five other posts for you to discern independently.

Three-Year-Olds seem to believe they know everything there is to know about the world, too, but you are an economics major who doesn't understand the difference between absolute advantage and comparative advantage.

You don't understand how a government who owns both the public end of the country and 1/2 the private end could manipulate prices.

You invoke historical figures as if they agree with you when they absolutely did not.

You speak from a place of authority when you have the knowledge of a spunk tossing spider monkey on nearly every topic about which you act like an expert.

Again, NO DOUCHEBAGS.

OR

STFU & GTFO.

BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 6:34:38 AM
At 3/9/2013 3:44:48 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

I deserved that, haha.

See how I accomplished in 2 words what it took five other posts for you to discern independently.

Three-Year-Olds seem to believe they know everything there is to know about the world, too, but you are an economics major who doesn't understand the difference between absolute advantage and comparative advantage.

You don't understand how a government who owns both the public end of the country and 1/2 the private end could manipulate prices.

You invoke historical figures as if they agree with you when they absolutely did not.

You speak from a place of authority when you have the knowledge of a spunk tossing spider monkey on nearly every topic about which you act like an expert.

Again, NO DOUCHEBAGS.

OR

STFU & GTFO.

You're not going senile gracefully... But, like Clint Eastwood, you make absolutely no sense when you yell at a non responsive object (although the object is no longer non responsive).

BTW, I don't know where you get the idea I don't understand comparitive and absolute advantage. I certainly understand these... And, I really haven't talked abou these on here.

With regards to the government thing, you are confusing me with you. I entirely understand how a government can manipulate prices in the private market even if it doesn't directly fund or own it. I had to explain that to you a bunch of times. You are the one who doesn't seem to get that (anyone who thinks the USA health care sector resembles a free market in any way does not understand that).

Anyways, all you do when you get embarassed by an intellectual superior (which you have been by me and others dozens of times) is make up a silly, immature score that is the equivalent of a three year old saying "I know you are but what I am I".

And, no, I'm not gonna go spend hours looking for links. If you find evidence to the contrary, I will gladly explain why it is not, but I am not gonna spend time proving something that is as obvious as this is.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 6:42:17 AM
At 3/10/2013 6:34:38 AM, BigRat wrote:
At 3/9/2013 3:44:48 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

I deserved that, haha.

Again, NO DOUCHEBAGS.

OR

STFU & GTFO.

You're not going senile gracefully... But, like Clint Eastwood, you make absolutely no sense when you yell at a non responsive object (although the object is no longer non responsive).

Yeah...you're like the least responsive troll in the history of the internet, which I wouldn't mind if you were entertaining, but I got more clever on the head of my dick, right now, than you've had, cumulatively, throughout your entire existence.

BTW, I don't know where you get the idea I don't understand comparitive and absolute advantage. I certainly understand these... And, I really haven't talked abou these on here.

Oh...I don't know - this thread about Comparative Advantage where you completely blow the entire idea of what a comparative advantage is (um ya...it also applies to labor...guess what? so does reading your retarded bullsh!t)

http://www.debate.org...

With regards to the government thing, you are confusing me with you. I entirely understand how a government can manipulate prices in the private market even if it doesn't directly fund or own it. I had to explain that to you a bunch of times. You are the one who doesn't seem to get that (anyone who thinks the USA health care sector resembles a free market in any way does not understand that).

AND YET, you still fail to acknowledge that this is the #1 factor in keeping Singapore's Health Care costs down as well as run from this debate with me (that you would get f*cking crushed two ways til Tuesday in if you weren't such a chickensh!t)

Anyways, all you do when you get embarassed by an intellectual superior (which you have been by me and others dozens of times) is make up a silly, immature score that is the equivalent of a three year old saying "I know you are but what I am I".

All you do is spout retarded nonsense and then try to cover it with ad hominem.

And, no, I'm not gonna go spend hours looking for links. If you find evidence to the contrary, I will gladly explain why it is not, but I am not gonna spend time proving something that is as obvious as this is.

I know you're not. You lack the mental ability to find the sock drawer when you wake up in the morning.

I expected no less from a retarded @sshole like you.

BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 7:55:28 AM
At 3/10/2013 6:42:17 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Yeah...you're like the least responsive troll in the history of the internet, which I wouldn't mind if you were entertaining, but I got more clever on the head of my dick, right now, than you've had, cumulatively, throughout your entire existence.

I think this speaks for itself.

Oh...I don't know - this thread about Comparative Advantage where you completely blow the entire idea of what a comparative advantage is (um ya...it also applies to labor...guess what? so does reading your retarded bullsh!t)

When I said that comparitive advantage applies to labor, all I meant was that comparitive advantage has effects on labor and that this is an efficient outcome. Nothing I said there was wrong.

You are calling me stupid for making an extremely general statement that in no way suggests a lack of understanding of comparitive advantage.

AND YET, you still fail to acknowledge that this is the #1 factor in keeping Singapore's Health Care costs down as well as run from this debate with me (that you would get f*cking crushed two ways til Tuesday in if you weren't such a chickensh!t)

You keep on telling yourself that.

Yes. I am the one doing that, not you.

I know you're not. You lack the mental ability to find the sock drawer when you wake up in the morning.

Yes, I am the one guilty of ad hom here.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 11:19:35 AM
At 3/10/2013 7:55:28 AM, BigRat wrote:
At 3/10/2013 6:42:17 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

I think this speaks for itself.

When I said that comparitive advantage applies to labor, all I meant was that comparitive advantage has effects on labor and that this is an efficient outcome. Nothing I said there was wrong.

You are calling me stupid for making an extremely general statement that in no way suggests a lack of understanding of comparitive advantage.

No, I'm calling you stupid for quoting the wrong answer, adding nothing to correct this obvious istake, and THEN making a valueless addition to it which was of no use to the OP's original question.

You keep on telling yourself that.

Until your mouth writes a few checks your @ss can cash, I don't need to tell myself that. Even among the libertarians here there are murmurs of your stupidity and a call you for to put up or shut up.

Yes. I am the one doing that, not you.

EXACTLY.

Yes, I am the one guilty of ad hom here.

Exactly. Moreover, you f*cking horrible at it.