Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Gay and Gun

suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:12:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I just saw a discussion today about whether a gay right and gun ownership can coexist. Now, I am not in the US myself so I am very ignorant about this issue, can any body provide me with insight as to why this two right is in conflict, because to me it doesn't seem to relate at all.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:18:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Gay people can own guns. You're right: it's a ridiculous question.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 10:24:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 10:12:04 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I just saw a discussion today about whether a gay right and gun ownership can coexist. Now, I am not in the US myself so I am very ignorant about this issue, can any body provide me with insight as to why this two right is in conflict, because to me it doesn't seem to relate at all.

Obviously if gay people are dumb enough to be gay, they cannot be trusted with guns.
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 11:31:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 10:15:07 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
They already coexist.

I don't know if that is your intention, but you almost make me laugh to death :D
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 11:58:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I believe that what the OP s talking about here is that there is a fear (phobia) that once gays (homo) approach full citizenship status, especially if this equalization of gay rights happens quickly, some muha-f*ckin' caps is about to be squeezed off in something of a gay direction.

OR

It means that gays will never have equal rights with the 2nd in place.

Don't know if I agree...just explaining what you all just missed.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:42:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 11:58:17 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
I believe that what the OP s talking about here is that there is a fear (phobia) that once gays (homo) approach full citizenship status, especially if this equalization of gay rights happens quickly, some muha-f*ckin' caps is about to be squeezed off in something of a gay direction.

OR

It means that gays will never have equal rights with the 2nd in place.

Don't know if I agree...just explaining what you all just missed.

umn.. and how is this related to a gun in anyway?
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:45:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I mean it said "gay right" and "gun ownership" could co-exist. How by providing free (assuming that it is free) gun ownership be affected gay right in any way I just don't understand.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 12:48:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 12:45:21 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I mean it said "gay right" and "gun ownership" could co-exist. How by providing free (assuming that it is free) gun ownership be affected gay right in any way I just don't understand.

What's your 1st language? I may speak it which would make communication here easier, I think.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 7:40:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 7:37:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If we allow gay marriage it would pave the way for people to marry their guns.

I think that already happens in the deep south.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 7:42:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 7:40:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:37:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If we allow gay marriage it would pave the way for people to marry their guns.

I think that already happens in the deep south.

You can be funny. Just when I had given up hope.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 8:10:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you search Youtube for "Village People" you will see that they have coexisted in this country since the 70s.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 8:22:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 7:42:39 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:40:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:37:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If we allow gay marriage it would pave the way for people to marry their guns.

I think that already happens in the deep south.

You can be funny. Just when I had given up hope.

Slippery slopes are slippery... and slopes. The danger the second amendment poses to the sanctity of the institution of marriage is clearly beyond dispute.
Tsar of DDO
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 9:41:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 7:40:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:37:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If we allow gay marriage it would pave the way for people to marry their guns.

I think that already happens in the deep south.

I suppose polygamy marriage is legal there too.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 11:00:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 12:48:30 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/10/2013 12:45:21 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I mean it said "gay right" and "gun ownership" could co-exist. How by providing free (assuming that it is free) gun ownership be affected gay right in any way I just don't understand.

What's your 1st language? I may speak it which would make communication here easier, I think.

I am sure you can't, let's say it not a European one and it has reputation of difficulty.

Also, despite my spelling mistake, I prefer to discuss philosophical/political matter in English. My original language don't have that many vocabulary to describe what we are discussing here.
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2013 11:14:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 11:58:17 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
I believe that what the OP s talking about here is that there is a fear (phobia) that once gays (homo) approach full citizenship status

They already hav full citizenship status too! XD
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 6:51:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 8:22:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:42:39 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:40:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:37:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If we allow gay marriage it would pave the way for people to marry their guns.

I think that already happens in the deep south.

You can be funny. Just when I had given up hope.

Slippery slopes are slippery... and slopes. The danger the second amendment poses to the sanctity of the institution of marriage is clearly beyond dispute.

So you suggest we trash one constitutional right to defend another right that isn't even guaranteed by the constitution?
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:43:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/10/2013 11:00:47 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
At 3/10/2013 12:48:30 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/10/2013 12:45:21 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I mean it said "gay right" and "gun ownership" could co-exist. How by providing free (assuming that it is free) gun ownership be affected gay right in any way I just don't understand.

What's your 1st language? I may speak it which would make communication here easier, I think.

I am sure you can't, let's say it not a European one and it has reputation of difficulty.

Also, despite my spelling mistake, I prefer to discuss philosophical/political matter in English. My original language don't have that many vocabulary to describe what we are discussing here.

You're from Alabama?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 10:40:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 6:51:47 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/10/2013 8:22:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:42:39 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:40:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 3/10/2013 7:37:00 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
If we allow gay marriage it would pave the way for people to marry their guns.

I think that already happens in the deep south.

You can be funny. Just when I had given up hope.

Slippery slopes are slippery... and slopes. The danger the second amendment poses to the sanctity of the institution of marriage is clearly beyond dispute.

So you suggest we trash one constitutional right to defend another right that isn't even guaranteed by the constitution?

I was being INCREDIBLY sarcastic... thought that was obvious... guess not.
Tsar of DDO
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 12:22:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 7:43:30 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 3/10/2013 11:00:47 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
At 3/10/2013 12:48:30 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/10/2013 12:45:21 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I mean it said "gay right" and "gun ownership" could co-exist. How by providing free (assuming that it is free) gun ownership be affected gay right in any way I just don't understand.

What's your 1st language? I may speak it which would make communication here easier, I think.

I am sure you can't, let's say it not a European one and it has reputation of difficulty.

Also, despite my spelling mistake, I prefer to discuss philosophical/political matter in English. My original language don't have that many vocabulary to describe what we are discussing here.

You're from Alabama?

No, of course not, I would have speak English as my first language otherwise.