Jump to topic:

Debate Master: Senator Ted Cruz

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 12:46:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
After watching Ted Cruz, Republican from Texas, I think Debate.org could really appreciate his debate talent. He is a Princeton debate panelist ranked as one of the top debaters world wide.

Watch Ted Cruz brutally slice Attorney General Eric Holder with sharp verbal savagery:
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 1:17:59 AM
At 3/11/2013 1:10:27 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
That wasn't really a debate...and all I saw was Ted Cruz ask AG Holder to actually answer his question.

Debate skills and rhetorical abilities can be utilized in an interrogation.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 1:42:01 AM
At 3/11/2013 1:20:31 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
A police officer can be a good interrogator and a terrible debater. One is not indicative of the other.

Being a top ranked debater in the world is indicative of being a great debater. Having great oratory abilities, rhetoric, and a knack for nuances are skills that you will find overlapping between debate and interrogation. Cruz excels at both.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 10:10:03 AM
At 3/11/2013 1:42:01 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
A police officer can be a good interrogator and a terrible debater. One is not indicative of the other.

Being a top ranked debater in the world is indicative of being a great debater. Having great oratory abilities, rhetoric, and a knack for nuances are skills that you will find overlapping between debate and interrogation. Cruz excels at both.

I agree. I just don't think that's what's being displayed in your video.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 1:14:39 PM
At 3/11/2013 10:10:03 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/11/2013 1:42:01 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I agree. I just don't think that's what's being displayed in your video.

Whatever.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 1:17:38 PM
"While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society's Debate Panel as one of North America's top-ranked parliamentary debaters, winning the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.[13] In 1992, he was named Speaker of the Year and Team of the Year (with his debate partner, David Panton) by the American Parliamentary Debate Association.[13] In 1991 he and his partner came in second to Austan Goolsbee and partner David Gray. Cruz was also a semi-finalist at the 1995 World Universities Debating Championship."

http://en.wikipedia.org...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 2:48:12 PM
At 3/11/2013 12:46:26 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
After watching Ted Cruz, Republican from Texas, I think Debate.org could really appreciate his debate talent. He is a Princeton debate panelist ranked as one of the top debaters world wide.

Watch Ted Cruz brutally slice Attorney General Eric Holder with sharp verbal savagery:

So, essentially you unabashedly admire the ability to assert social dominance in the form of verbal dominance. Well, this certainly goes along with your libertarian free-market utopianism, i.e. your advocacy of a form of society that gives alpha capitalists unfettered scope to express their will to social and economic dominance. Yep, no inconsistency here. It all goes to symptomize the underlying social dominance-oriented psychology of so-called libertarians and other market fundamentalists.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 5:55:08 PM
At 3/11/2013 2:48:12 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/11/2013 12:46:26 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So, essentially you unabashedly admire the ability to assert social dominance in the form of verbal dominance. Well, this certainly goes along with your libertarian free-market utopianism, i.e. your advocacy of a form of society that gives alpha capitalists unfettered scope to express their will to social and economic dominance. Yep, no inconsistency here. It all goes to symptomize the underlying social dominance-oriented psychology of so-called libertarians and other market fundamentalists.

This man 'Eric Holder' is an experienced and high level politician, he is able to defend himself bud. If he can't come up with sophisticated and relevant rebuttles to a fellow politician, he obviously is at fault, not the man who was simply asking him a few questions.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 6:18:57 PM
At 3/11/2013 2:48:12 PM, charleslb wrote:

Eric Holder admitted on C-SPAN that he wanted to literally brainwash the public. He deserved to be verbally smacked down by Cruz.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat