Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Alex Jones Is Now Mainstream Thought

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 4:43:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster and the excellent reporting of Infowars.com, Alex Jones and his conspiracy information is now mainstream. The truth always wins because it's tangible and demonstrable.

Forbes published a new article echoing Alex Jones. It's reporting on a story he broke and rather than make excuses for DHS, they agree with Alex Jones' assessment.

Infowars is cited by The Examiner, Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Mail, the Huffington Post, Fox News, Breitbart, and now Forbes.

Bye bye idiot Media Matters, Salon, Think Progress, and other trash. You're done, you're discredited.

Libertarian conspiracy movement is winning world wide.

http://www.forbes.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 5:47:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 4:43:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster and the excellent reporting of Infowars.com, Alex Jones and his conspiracy information is now mainstream. The truth always wins because it's tangible and demonstrable.

Forbes published a new article echoing Alex Jones. It's reporting on a story he broke and rather than make excuses for DHS, they agree with Alex Jones' assessment.

Infowars is cited by The Examiner, Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Mail, the Huffington Post, Fox News, Breitbart, and now Forbes.

Bye bye idiot Media Matters, Salon, Think Progress, and other trash. You're done, you're discredited.

Libertarian conspiracy movement is winning world wide.

http://www.forbes.com...

I agree with investigative reporting, but news sources should be moderate and unbiased when they are informative, not right or left.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 6:13:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Infowars is not right or left. Neither is Forbes.

Alex Jones was arrested by George W. Bush. Alex Jones was a louder critic of the Bush administration than every Democrat combined.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 6:32:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Wasn't he the guy who said he lost 20 IQ points because of chemicals in his food or whatnot?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:40:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 6:32:38 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wasn't he the guy who said he lost 20 IQ points because of chemicals in his food or whatnot?

Yeah, yeah, ha ha, it's funny when Alex Jones says it, he thinks fluoride lowers IQ.

No. Harvard University and the EPA said it, not Alex Jones. http://www.reuters.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 7:47:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 6:51:34 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
Look...How many chimpanzees can dance on the head of a pin?

A question Piers Morgan would value according to his standards.

Alex Jones outsmarted Piers because he exposed the fact that Piers doesn't understand the significance of rates instead of factoids. Piers repeated "35 gun murders in Britain." Alex refuted that and said gun murders are lower but overall crime rate is higher. Piers acts if gun murders = all murders.

Alex Jones intellectually pummeled Piers Morgan but because Alex was energetic and yelling, his piercing logic and facts got overshadowed. A common mistake by rookies to underestimate Jones, not a mistake made by critical thinkers such as myself.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 8:18:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 7:40:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/11/2013 6:32:38 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wasn't he the guy who said he lost 20 IQ points because of chemicals in his food or whatnot?

Yeah, yeah, ha ha, it's funny when Alex Jones says it, he thinks fluoride lowers IQ.

No. Harvard University and the EPA said it, not Alex Jones. http://www.reuters.com...

http://www.cracked.com...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 8:29:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 8:18:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2013 7:40:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/11/2013 6:32:38 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wasn't he the guy who said he lost 20 IQ points because of chemicals in his food or whatnot?

Yeah, yeah, ha ha, it's funny when Alex Jones says it, he thinks fluoride lowers IQ.

No. Harvard University and the EPA said it, not Alex Jones. http://www.reuters.com...

http://www.cracked.com...

I was strongly considering posting a response to this "fluoride conspiracy" thing when I had some time, but as usual, Cracked already has it covered.

Props to you DK.
Debate.org Moderator
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 8:31:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 7:47:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Alex Jones intellectually pummeled Piers Morgan

No. Not at all. Throwing a temper tantrum isn't intellectually pummeling. Alex Jones acted like a four year old child, and that's how he should be regarded. He does little more than espouse conspiracy theory pornography and throw temper tantrums. He's Michael Savage for Illuminati fanatics.
YYW
Posts: 36,391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 8:52:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 6:32:38 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wasn't he the guy who said he lost 20 IQ points because of chemicals in his food or whatnot?

lol
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2013 9:01:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 8:18:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 3/11/2013 7:40:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/11/2013 6:32:38 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Wasn't he the guy who said he lost 20 IQ points because of chemicals in his food or whatnot?

Yeah, yeah, ha ha, it's funny when Alex Jones says it, he thinks fluoride lowers IQ.

No. Harvard University and the EPA said it, not Alex Jones. http://www.reuters.com...

http://www.cracked.com...

I love David Wong. :p
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 11:30:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 8:31:52 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/11/2013 7:47:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Alex Jones intellectually pummeled Piers Morgan

No. Not at all. Throwing a temper tantrum isn't intellectually pummeling. Alex Jones acted like a four year old child, and that's how he should be regarded. He does little more than espouse conspiracy theory pornography and throw temper tantrums. He's Michael Savage for Illuminati fanatics.

Paul Revere shouted. People think it's normal to scream and shout over their favorite football team winning or losing, but when your rights are being taken away, it's weird to get loud and angry.

Piers Morgan is usually the one who talks over his guests and doesn't let them get a word in like he did to Larry Pratt, so Alex Jones knew Piers Morgan's strategy and sliced through it.

Being animated and passionate is not immature, it's being a real human being and not a zombified drone.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 11:45:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 4:43:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster and the excellent reporting of Infowars.com, Alex Jones and his conspiracy information is now mainstream. The truth always wins because it's tangible and demonstrable.

Forbes published a new article echoing Alex Jones. It's reporting on a story he broke and rather than make excuses for DHS, they agree with Alex Jones' assessment.

Infowars is cited by The Examiner, Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Mail, the Huffington Post, Fox News, Breitbart, and now Forbes.

Bye bye idiot Media Matters, Salon, Think Progress, and other trash. You're done, you're discredited.

Glenn Greenwald was reporting on al Alwaki

http://www.salon.com...

while Fox "News" was ignoring it.

http://web.archive.org...

You better hope salon.com doesn't go away...no one would know sh!t about any of this if not for Greenwald's constant reporting of important issues that get ignored by ALL OTHER news outlets.

Rand Paul wouldn't even know about al Alwaki without Salon.com.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 1:06:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 11:30:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
but when your rights are being taken away, it's weird to get loud and angry.
Alex Jones isn't losing his rights to keep and bear arms. Nobody's proposing taking away all guns, or even some guns. They're proposing banning the sale of certain types of guns (which is perfectly Constitutional). Alex Jones didn't even understand the circumstances surrounding it, joined in on a petition to deport Piers Morgan (as-if 1st Amendment rights were secondary to the imaginary threat to his 2nd Amendment rights), and acted like a child who is having his toy taken away. He screamed, shouted, didn't answer any questions, and spit forth nonsense.

Piers Morgan is usually the one who talks over his guests and doesn't let them get a word in like he did to Larry Pratt, so Alex Jones knew Piers Morgan's strategy and sliced through it.
So Alex Jones' style of debate is out-shouting match the other guy? That's a style of debate usually reserved for those who can't calmly and rationally compose their thoughts and express them.

Being animated and passionate is not immature, it's being a real human being and not a zombified drone.
I agree, 100%. Being animated and passionate is a very reasonable thing to be. Alex Jones went beyond that. You can have a calm-cool and rational debate that is still animated and impassioned. Presidential debates do it all the time. Could you see somebody doing what Alex Jones did in a Presidential debate? I couldn't. It's a style of debate I'd expect to see amongst 12 year-olds who disagree on video games.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 2:58:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 1:06:46 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/12/2013 11:30:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
but when your rights are being taken away, it's weird to get loud and angry.
Alex Jones isn't losing his rights to keep and bear arms. Nobody's proposing taking away all guns, or even some guns. They're proposing banning the sale of certain types of guns (which is perfectly Constitutional).

Diane Feinstein said she wanted Mr. and Mrs. America to turn in all the guns.
Obama said at Harvard that he doesn't believe any person should have the right to own a gun.
Attorney General Eric Holder said he wants to literally brainwash the public to be anti-gun.

Not to mention all the other rights that have been stripped away. We no longer even have a 4th Amendment or 1st Amendment right. Or 5th Amendment. That's a fact so don't tell me it's not when Alex Jones team was handing out free magazines on public sidewalks and the cops handed out tickets to Alex's crew members for expressing their 1st Amendment right.

Alex Jones didn't even understand the circumstances surrounding it, joined in on a petition to deport Piers Morgan (as-if 1st Amendment rights were secondary to the imaginary threat to his 2nd Amendment rights), and acted like a child who is having his toy taken away.

He didn't understand the circumstances? He created the petition. He did it as a tongue-in-cheek way to make a point. And it's his 1st Amendment right to call for Piers Morgan's deportation, are you saying Alex Jones doesn't have a 1st Amendment right to call for Piers' deportation? Btw, it's called sedition when a foreigner comes to our country telling us to give up our rights.

He screamed, shouted, didn't answer any questions, and spit forth nonsense.

He answered all the questions, I've watched it 20 times. He knew Piers script and knew beforehand that Piers didn't want a proper debate. Piers pretended to want a proper debate, but he didn't fool Alex. Alex used that opportunity to get out information to the public and to show that you don't sit calmly and let tyranny trample you, you get up in its face and resist.

You think the appropriate way to act is how the Jews did when they acted all polite following all the orders while the Nazis were shooting their friends for not working hard enough. "Now now, need to get upset, just politely give up your rights while we toss you in the chamber."

Piers Morgan is usually the one who talks over his guests and doesn't let them get a word in like he did to Larry Pratt, so Alex Jones knew Piers Morgan's strategy and sliced through it.
So Alex Jones' style of debate is out-shouting match the other guy? That's a style of debate usually reserved for those who can't calmly and rationally compose their thoughts and express them.

Alex Jones has had proper debates with other people. Piers forced Alex Jones to dominate the conversation otherwise Piers would have done that to Jones.

Piers Morgan asked how many gun murders in America. Alex Jones said 11,000. Piers asked how many in Britain, 35. Alex refuted him saying overall violent crime is higher. London Telegraph, Great Britain violent crime capital of Europe. Piers Morgan had no rebuttal.

Being animated and passionate is not immature, it's being a real human being and not a zombified drone.
I agree, 100%. Being animated and passionate is a very reasonable thing to be. Alex Jones went beyond that. You can have a calm-cool and rational debate that is still animated and impassioned. Presidential debates do it all the time. Could you see somebody doing what Alex Jones did in a Presidential debate? I couldn't. It's a style of debate I'd expect to see amongst 12 year-olds who disagree on video games.

Alex Jones was performing his duty like Paul Revere. He drew the line in the sand. Piers had no intention to debate, look at his interview with John Lott.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 3:47:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/11/2013 9:01:26 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
http://www.cracked.com...

Most relevant part:

"Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ
Simple, unambiguous and damning. But then in the story itself, the first thing we see is a quote from the study that is way, way, way less definite than the headline:
"Our results support the possibility of adverse effects of fluoride exposures on children's neurodevelopment."
So now it's the "possibility."
Then they say:
"The children in high fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ than those who lived in low fluoride areas," write Choi et al.

Whoa! OK, now, which areas? Like, is Milwaukee worse than Dallas? Well, let's follow the link in the press release to the study and then the additional details of the study. In some tiny print you'll find they're talking about China and India, and they are not motherfvcking talking about fluoride in toothpaste or stuff being added to drinking water. In those countries, their water supply is contaminated with mega-doses of fluoride that seeps into wells from the soil. They're getting toxic levels up to 20 times higher than what you get in your drinking water.

The fact that fluoride -- and lots of other things you consume every day -- is dangerous in toxic mega-doses is not news. Well, sh!t, who would submit such a misleading press release, knowing that its alarmist headline would get spread from blog to blog, and from one news portal site to another?"

Conspiracy debunked.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 3:51:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
@Kinesis

EPA: Fluoride is a developmental neurotoxin
http://www.epa.gov...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 5:00:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 11:45:40 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/11/2013 4:43:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster and the excellent reporting of Infowars.com, Alex Jones and his conspiracy information is now mainstream. The truth always wins because it's tangible and demonstrable.

Forbes published a new article echoing Alex Jones. It's reporting on a story he broke and rather than make excuses for DHS, they agree with Alex Jones' assessment.

Infowars is cited by The Examiner, Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Mail, the Huffington Post, Fox News, Breitbart, and now Forbes.

Bye bye idiot Media Matters, Salon, Think Progress, and other trash. You're done, you're discredited.

Glenn Greenwald was reporting on al Alwaki

http://www.salon.com...

while Fox "News" was ignoring it.

http://web.archive.org...

You better hope salon.com doesn't go away...no one would know sh!t about any of this if not for Greenwald's constant reporting of important issues that get ignored by ALL OTHER news outlets.

Rand Paul wouldn't even know about al Alwaki without Salon.com.

Rand Paul - wouldn't understand the issues facing Americans and Liberty without Salon.com...discuss.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 5:01:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 5:00:58 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/12/2013 11:45:40 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/11/2013 4:43:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster and the excellent reporting of Infowars.com, Alex Jones and his conspiracy information is now mainstream. The truth always wins because it's tangible and demonstrable.

Forbes published a new article echoing Alex Jones. It's reporting on a story he broke and rather than make excuses for DHS, they agree with Alex Jones' assessment.

Infowars is cited by The Examiner, Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Mail, the Huffington Post, Fox News, Breitbart, and now Forbes.

Bye bye idiot Media Matters, Salon, Think Progress, and other trash. You're done, you're discredited.

Glenn Greenwald was reporting on al Alwaki

http://www.salon.com...

while Fox "News" was ignoring it.

http://web.archive.org...

You better hope salon.com doesn't go away...no one would know sh!t about any of this if not for Greenwald's constant reporting of important issues that get ignored by ALL OTHER news outlets.

Rand Paul wouldn't even know about al Alwaki without Salon.com.

Rand Paul - wouldn't understand the issues facing Americans and Liberty without Salon.com...discuss.

He doesn't have telepathic powers, he needs to get his info from somewhere.

Discussed.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 5:19:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If you Google "Alex Jones" and "Insane", "Crazy" or "Lunatic" you'll get hundreds of articles, it appears that what has gone mainstream is that Alex Jones is a whack job.

There's a lot of articles that mention Adam Lanza out there too, it doesn't mean he is mainstream.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 7:29:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 2:58:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Diane Feinstein said she wanted Mr. and Mrs. America to turn in all the guns.
Obama said at Harvard that he doesn't believe any person should have the right to own a gun.
Attorney General Eric Holder said he wants to literally brainwash the public to be anti-gun.


Yes, and President Obama has also said that he wants everyone to go to college. He obviously doesn't have a tuition-free college agenda, unfortunately. You can't fuse what some politicians personally believe with on-going legislation to infer what you want. The facts are, nobody's guns are being taken away. All that's being proposed is some much needed regulation over firearms.

He didn't understand the circumstances?

The circumstances surrounding Feinstein's legislation.

And it's his 1st Amendment right to call for Piers Morgan's deportation, are you saying Alex Jones doesn't have a 1st Amendment right to call for Piers' deportation?

No. I didn't say that at all. Petitioning is absolutely a 1st Amendment right. I'm just pointing to the irony that he's disregarding one Constitutional right of a foreigner because the foreigner is vocal about another Constitutional right that he presently enjoys.

Btw, it's called sedition when a foreigner comes to our country telling us to give up our rights.
No it's not.
se"di"tion
Noun
Conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Piers Morgan wasn't doing that at all. Actually, if anything, Alex Jones was. He yelled that 1776 will come again if anybody tries to take away his weapons, which is kind of inciting war against the state if anybody tries to take away all guns.

You think the appropriate way to act is how the Jews did when they acted all polite following all the orders while the Nazis were shooting their friends for not working hard enough. "Now now, need to get upset, just politely give up your rights while we toss you in the chamber."


Why must you wander into Godwin's Law?

Alex Jones was performing his duty like Paul Revere. He drew the line in the sand. Piers had no intention to debate, look at his interview with John Lott.

Somehow, I don't think Alex Jones is the pioneer you think he is. As much as you'd like it, I'm betting society doesn't think that either. He is not, and will never be mainstream thought.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 7:35:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 7:29:54 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/12/2013 2:58:24 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Diane Feinstein said she wanted Mr. and Mrs. America to turn in all the guns.
Obama said at Harvard that he doesn't believe any person should have the right to own a gun.
Attorney General Eric Holder said he wants to literally brainwash the public to be anti-gun.


Yes, and President Obama has also said that he wants everyone to go to college. He obviously doesn't have a tuition-free college agenda, unfortunately. You can't fuse what some politicians personally believe with on-going legislation to infer what you want. The facts are, nobody's guns are being taken away. All that's being proposed is some much needed regulation over firearms.

So if you like a skinheads economic policy, you would still elect him because you think segregation is unachievable in reality? I sure as hell know that if I was at the polls, he could keep his economic policy, I don't want a skinhead in office even if his racist views couldn't be achieved.

He didn't understand the circumstances?

The circumstances surrounding Feinstein's legislation.

And it's his 1st Amendment right to call for Piers Morgan's deportation, are you saying Alex Jones doesn't have a 1st Amendment right to call for Piers' deportation?

No. I didn't say that at all. Petitioning is absolutely a 1st Amendment right. I'm just pointing to the irony that he's disregarding one Constitutional right of a foreigner because the foreigner is vocal about another Constitutional right that he presently enjoys.

Btw, it's called sedition when a foreigner comes to our country telling us to give up our rights.
No it's not.
se"di"tion
Noun
Conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Piers Morgan wasn't doing that at all. Actually, if anything, Alex Jones was. He yelled that 1776 will come again if anybody tries to take away his weapons, which is kind of inciting war against the state if anybody tries to take away all guns.

But it's unachievable by your standards, so it shouldn't be relevant.

You think the appropriate way to act is how the Jews did when they acted all polite following all the orders while the Nazis were shooting their friends for not working hard enough. "Now now, need to get upset, just politely give up your rights while we toss you in the chamber."


Why must you wander into Godwin's Law?

Alex Jones was performing his duty like Paul Revere. He drew the line in the sand. Piers had no intention to debate, look at his interview with John Lott.

Somehow, I don't think Alex Jones is the pioneer you think he is. As much as you'd like it, I'm betting society doesn't think that either. He is not, and will never be mainstream thought.

So someone can only be good if the vast majority also think he is good? Most people in the south thought Martin Luther King Jr. was a scumbag who was ruining the nation, I guess by your standards he must be evil then.
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:34:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 7:35:33 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
So if you like a skinheads economic policy, you would still elect him because you think segregation is unachievable in reality? I sure as hell know that if I was at the polls, he could keep his economic policy, I don't want a skinhead in office even if his racist views couldn't be achieved.

That's a bit of a hyperbole. We're not discussing racist candidates (which Republicans have plenty of), but views on gun-control. No person aligns 100% with their party's ideology, or elected official. That being said, the point was that nobody is putting forth legislation to take away anybody's gun. That's nothing more than fear mongering and you know it.

But it's unachievable by your standards, so it shouldn't be relevant.

Yes, it is irrelevant. I was making the point that what Piers said isn't sedition. I was making the point that, if anything, what Alex Jones was saying was sedition.

So someone can only be good if the vast majority also think he is good? Most people in the south thought Martin Luther King Jr. was a scumbag who was ruining the nation, I guess by your standards he must be evil then.

Two things. 1: I didn't say that having a majority align with a certain opinion makes it good. I never implied that either. I merely said that Alex Jones isn't becoming mainstream thought. 2: Martin Luther King fought for racial equality. Alex Jones fight for...telling people that the moon landing was faked? Certainly you can see which one is the pioneer and why.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 10:17:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 5:01:44 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/12/2013 5:00:58 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/12/2013 11:45:40 AM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/11/2013 4:43:17 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Because of Rand Paul's filibuster and the excellent reporting of Infowars.com, Alex Jones and his conspiracy information is now mainstream. The truth always wins because it's tangible and demonstrable.

Forbes published a new article echoing Alex Jones. It's reporting on a story he broke and rather than make excuses for DHS, they agree with Alex Jones' assessment.

Infowars is cited by The Examiner, Drudge Report, World Net Daily, The Daily Mail, the Huffington Post, Fox News, Breitbart, and now Forbes.

Bye bye idiot Media Matters, Salon, Think Progress, and other trash. You're done, you're discredited.

Glenn Greenwald was reporting on al Alwaki

http://www.salon.com...

while Fox "News" was ignoring it.

http://web.archive.org...

You better hope salon.com doesn't go away...no one would know sh!t about any of this if not for Greenwald's constant reporting of important issues that get ignored by ALL OTHER news outlets.

Rand Paul wouldn't even know about al Alwaki without Salon.com.

Rand Paul - wouldn't understand the issues facing Americans and Liberty without Salon.com...discuss.

He doesn't have telepathic powers, he needs to get his info from somewhere.

Discussed.

Sure, but the OP said that Salon.com was crap.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 11:48:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 9:34:58 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/12/2013 7:35:33 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
So if you like a skinheads economic policy, you would still elect him because you think segregation is unachievable in reality? I sure as hell know that if I was at the polls, he could keep his economic policy, I don't want a skinhead in office even if his racist views couldn't be achieved.

That's a bit of a hyperbole. We're not discussing racist candidates (which Republicans have plenty of), but views on gun-control. No person aligns 100% with their party's ideology, or elected official. That being said, the point was that nobody is putting forth legislation to take away anybody's gun. That's nothing more than fear mongering and you know it.

They're already confiscating guns in California. New York has a total gun ban, Chicago, total gun ban. They confiscated guns in Katrina. Alex Jones has exposed the army manuals training for gun confiscation.

But it's unachievable by your standards, so it shouldn't be relevant.

Yes, it is irrelevant. I was making the point that what Piers said isn't sedition. I was making the point that, if anything, what Alex Jones was saying was sedition.

False. Alex Jones is trying to kick out the globalists who hi-jacked our government. 1776 is invoking the Founding Fathers, the Constitution, the real America. It's absurd for you to claim being a Patriot is sedition. Alex Jones is not declaring 1776 against our true United States government, it's against the internationalist occupation of our government.

So someone can only be good if the vast majority also think he is good? Most people in the south thought Martin Luther King Jr. was a scumbag who was ruining the nation, I guess by your standards he must be evil then.

Two things. 1: I didn't say that having a majority align with a certain opinion makes it good. I never implied that either. I merely said that Alex Jones isn't becoming mainstream thought.

Drudge Report is dictating the mainstream headlines, Infowars is commonly cited on Drudge Report headlines. Forbes is mainstream and is covering Alex Jones' story and sympathizing with Alex Jones perspective.

2: Martin Luther King fought for racial equality. Alex Jones fight for...telling people that the moon landing was faked? Certainly you can see which one is the pioneer and why.

Alex Jones is fighting to restore the Republic, a much more noble goal than the Progressives agenda to tell people what to do, how to live, and progress away from the Constitution. He never said the moon landing is fake, that's not even his field.

"The answer to 1984 is 1776."
-- Alex Jones
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
MichaelGonzales
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 1:12:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 11:48:58 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
False. Alex Jones is trying to kick out the globalists who hi-jacked our government. 1776 is invoking the Founding Fathers, the Constitution, the real America. It's absurd for you to claim being a Patriot is sedition. Alex Jones is not declaring 1776 against our true United States government, it's against the internationalist occupation of our government.


I never claimed being a patriot is sedition. Actually, if anything, you made that claim when you said that Piers Morgan was being seditious. I only elaborated by defining sedition, and pointing out that Alex Jones' own statements fit that very definition.

Drudge Report is dictating the mainstream headlines, Infowars is commonly cited on Drudge Report headlines. Forbes is mainstream and is covering Alex Jones' story and sympathizing with Alex Jones perspective.


Do you really think that The Drudge Report is mainstream (mainstream meaning dominant, or widely accepted)?

Alex Jones is fighting to restore the Republic, a much more noble goal than the Progressives agenda to tell people what to do, how to live, and progress away from the Constitution. He never said the moon landing is fake, that's not even his field.


George H.W. Bush was CIA who was photographed in Dealey Plaza and went to Skull & Bones in Yale.
Now, based on what I just quoted, do you really think he's trying to restore the Republic, or instead, just spread conspiracy-theorist pornography to arouse the suspicions of his listener base? This is no-more politics than Scientology is religion.

Also, where do you get the idea that the Progressive agenda is to progress away from the Constitution? Wasn't it a Conservative who signed the Patriot Act into law?
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 7:15:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 9:34:58 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/12/2013 7:35:33 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
So if you like a skinheads economic policy, you would still elect him because you think segregation is unachievable in reality? I sure as hell know that if I was at the polls, he could keep his economic policy, I don't want a skinhead in office even if his racist views couldn't be achieved.

That's a bit of a hyperbole. We're not discussing racist candidates

Funny you say that, because if you ever read the novels of your beloved president, you would realize he is racist, read Dreams from my father sometime.

(which Republicans have plenty of), but views on gun-control. No person aligns 100% with their party's ideology, or elected official. That being said, the point was that nobody is putting forth legislation to take away anybody's gun. That's nothing more than fear mongering and you know it.

Obama said he didn't think people should have guns at Harvard Campus, sounds like he is just pretending to be moderate to appeal to the ignorant masses.

But it's unachievable by your standards, so it shouldn't be relevant.

Yes, it is irrelevant. I was making the point that what Piers said isn't sedition. I was making the point that, if anything, what Alex Jones was saying was sedition.

Good, but still, if someone tried to steal our guns (apparently that's not achievable to you), then it wouldn't be a bad thing to rebel, and I would likely take up arms alongside him if the government blatantly and outright violated my constitutional rights.

So someone can only be good if the vast majority also think he is good? Most people in the south thought Martin Luther King Jr. was a scumbag who was ruining the nation, I guess by your standards he must be evil then.

Two things. 1: I didn't say that having a majority align with a certain opinion makes it good. I never implied that either. I merely said that Alex Jones isn't becoming mainstream thought.

And you then went on to say how that means his views aren't valid somehow.

2: Martin Luther King fought for racial equality. Alex Jones fight for...telling people that the moon landing was faked? Certainly you can see which one is the pioneer and why.

Subjective argument is subjective. They both fight for our constitutional rights, whether you think one is more significant than the other is subjective and irrelevant.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 10:01:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/12/2013 3:51:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
@Kinesis

EPA: Fluoride is a developmental neurotoxin
http://www.epa.gov...

That's too vague. In what quantities is fluoride toxic? If it's below the level put into the water supply there's nothing to be worried about. Lots of chemicals we ingest in our food/drinks would be toxic in more concentrated doses.