Total Posts:34|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Communism Summarized

suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:01:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 12:48:28 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 12:21:36 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I can make even a simpler summary: Thief.

lol

Well actually no, Bandit would be better.

They don't steal, they plunder.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:47:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

Elaborate please, you're starting to sound a lot like charles, except you're not willing to put the time in to writing 7 paragraph theses on the capitalist pigs. Otherwise, I would be convinced that you were a full blown commie.

That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

I would gladly say the same for liberals, your isolationism did cause WWI and WWII after all. :)
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:48:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

Yah, just the other day I got held up at Wamart by some blue cashiers and they took all my money.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:50:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:48:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

Yah, just the other day I got held up at Wamart by some blue cashiers and they took all my money.

Yes, because that's how Bernie Madoff stole his money as well...billions of dollars, one stick up victim at a time...same with Enron...and Tyco...

Yep..."if you can't see it happening, it's not happening." That's the motto of the conservatives.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:54:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 12:21:36 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I can make even a simpler summary: Thief.

Would it then be permissible and legit for me to define "libertarians" and other pro-capitalists along the same laconic lines by dismissing them as Egoists, or perhaps Vicarious identifiers (with "successful" capitalist role models)? Hmm?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:57:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:50:51 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:48:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

Yah, just the other day I got held up at Wamart by some blue cashiers and they took all my money.

Yes, because that's how Bernie Madoff stole his money as well...billions of dollars, one stick up victim at a time...same with Enron...and Tyco...

Yep..."if you can't see it happening, it's not happening." That's the motto of the conservatives.

Bernie Madoff is a criminal, so your point is invalid, Enron was shut down, Tyco CEO was convicted, so all of your points are invalid because the justice system did it's job and worked the problem out.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:02:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

That does not detract from the fact that it is still a means to achieve something. It is like you saying, basically, that you want a food coupon. Even when you're being provided with the food your coupon would buy, the problem with our arrangement is that you are not getting the food coupon.

It's pointless.


Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

Communist countries? Name one?
So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

I don't have a problem with capitalism. I don't like people dismissing a system without having adequate knowledge about the intricacities of its working.

Communism is utopian. Marxian philosophy believes it to be the last stop in the process of historical dialectism, when all the contradictions of the preceding system would be resolved. How can someonehave a problem with communism, I'll never understand. Its bliss by definition. You can have reservations about its existance, like I do, but communism = bad is propoganda.
Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:03:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:47:04 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

Elaborate please, you're starting to sound a lot like charles, except you're not willing to put the time in to writing 7 paragraph theses on the capitalist pigs. Otherwise, I would be convinced that you were a full blown commie.

Is this suppose to be an argument, or would you admit that it's merely a smear tactic?


That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

I would gladly say the same for liberals, your isolationism did cause WWI and WWII after all. :)

Most of the American public was isolationist until Pearl Harbor rudely jerked them out of that mindset.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:11:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:03:55 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:47:04 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

Elaborate please, you're starting to sound a lot like charles, except you're not willing to put the time in to writing 7 paragraph theses on the capitalist pigs. Otherwise, I would be convinced that you were a full blown commie.

Is this suppose to be an argument, or would you admit that it's merely a smear tactic?

Well, you do commonly go on about how capitalist elite steal from the populous in some sort of symbolic way that isn't actually real stealing, but to you it is.


That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

I would gladly say the same for liberals, your isolationism did cause WWI and WWII after all. :)

Most of the American public was isolationist until Pearl Harbor rudely jerked them out of that mindset.

Because the majority of people believe something, it is not biased, ok.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:15:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:02:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

That does not detract from the fact that it is still a means to achieve something. It is like you saying, basically, that you want a food coupon. Even when you're being provided with the food your coupon would buy, the problem with our arrangement is that you are not getting the food coupon.

It's pointless.

So you agree that private property benefits the nation monetarily, and it is also constitutional, so where does the benefit come in for the 'gubmint' stealing the property? Is it some sort of crazed moral conviction? Do you comfort yourself at night by dreaming about the government coming in with armies of tanks and soldiers and cracking skulls with the butts of their rifles to push people out of their property?


Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

Communist countries? Name one?

Vietnam, Cuba, Laos, Cambodia, USSR, China

So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

I don't have a problem with capitalism. I don't like people dismissing a system without having adequate knowledge about the intricacities of its working.

Communism is utopian. Marxian philosophy believes it to be the last stop in the process of historical dialectism, when all the contradictions of the preceding system would be resolved. How can someonehave a problem with communism, I'll never understand. Its bliss by definition. You can have reservations about its existance, like I do, but communism = bad is propoganda.

Communism is utopian, that is the point. Any idea that is utopian is not achievable in the near future, let's focus on what we can achieve instead of looking at what we won't be able to for dozens, if not hundreds of years to come.

Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:19:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:02:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

That does not detract from the fact that it is still a means to achieve something. It is like you saying, basically, that you want a food coupon. Even when you're being provided with the food your coupon would buy, the problem with our arrangement is that you are not getting the food coupon.

It's pointless.


Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

Communist countries? Name one?
So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

I don't have a problem with capitalism. I don't like people dismissing a system without having adequate knowledge about the intricacities of its working.

Communism is utopian. Marxian philosophy believes it to be the last stop in the process of historical dialectism, when all the contradictions of the preceding system would be resolved. How can someonehave a problem with communism, I'll never understand. Its bliss by definition. You can have reservations about its existance, like I do, but communism = bad is propoganda.
Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
Communism is the path dictators take to establish a totalitarian state. Under the guise that they promise to erect a utopian paradise for the proletariats to flourish, the communists win overwhelming public support. The catch is that a stateless communist society is impossible to achieve. A ruling class is needed to direct the production of resources and manage redistribution of wealth. This is where the people get screwed -- the ruling class will always consolidate their power after transitioning into a communist system. It happens in every case. Communism is a bait and switch.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:22:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:19:05 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
At 3/13/2013 3:02:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

That does not detract from the fact that it is still a means to achieve something. It is like you saying, basically, that you want a food coupon. Even when you're being provided with the food your coupon would buy, the problem with our arrangement is that you are not getting the food coupon.

It's pointless.


Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

Communist countries? Name one?
So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

I don't have a problem with capitalism. I don't like people dismissing a system without having adequate knowledge about the intricacities of its working.

Communism is utopian. Marxian philosophy believes it to be the last stop in the process of historical dialectism, when all the contradictions of the preceding system would be resolved. How can someonehave a problem with communism, I'll never understand. Its bliss by definition. You can have reservations about its existance, like I do, but communism = bad is propoganda.
Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
Communism is the path dictators take to establish a totalitarian state. Under the guise that they promise to erect a utopian paradise for the proletariats to flourish, the communists win overwhelming public support. The catch is that a stateless communist society is impossible to achieve. A ruling class is needed to direct the production of resources and manage redistribution of wealth. This is where the people get screwed -- the ruling class will always consolidate their power after transitioning into a communist system. It happens in every case. Communism is a bait and switch.

+1
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:28:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:11:20 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 3:03:55 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:47:04 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

Elaborate please, you're starting to sound a lot like charles, except you're not willing to put the time in to writing 7 paragraph theses on the capitalist pigs. Otherwise, I would be convinced that you were a full blown commie.

Is this suppose to be an argument, or would you admit that it's merely a smear tactic?

Well, you do commonly go on about how capitalist elite steal from the populous in some sort of symbolic way that isn't actually real stealing, but to you it is.

Mm-hmm, tell the American worker who's been suffering from stagnating wages and an increasingly strenuous struggle to make ends meet for the last few decades, or the Third-World peasants who've been reduced to deriving their material needs from garbage dumps, while the capitalist elite grows ever more obscenely wealthy, that they're only being victimized in a "symbolic way".


That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

I would gladly say the same for liberals, your isolationism did cause WWI and WWII after all. :)

Most of the American public was isolationist until Pearl Harbor rudely jerked them out of that mindset.

Because the majority of people believe something, it is not biased, ok.

Not quite my point. My point, in fact, was that isolationism wasn't a "liberal" thing, not exclusively. And, it was the isolationist zeitgeist of the American public as a whole, not exclusively the isolationism of "liberals", that has to be factored into history. Does this clarify my refutation of your lame assignment of blame for the two world wars to "liberals", or do you need it further dumbed down?
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:40:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:28:17 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/13/2013 3:11:20 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 3:03:55 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:47:04 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

Elaborate please, you're starting to sound a lot like charles, except you're not willing to put the time in to writing 7 paragraph theses on the capitalist pigs. Otherwise, I would be convinced that you were a full blown commie.

Is this suppose to be an argument, or would you admit that it's merely a smear tactic?

Well, you do commonly go on about how capitalist elite steal from the populous in some sort of symbolic way that isn't actually real stealing, but to you it is.

Mm-hmm, tell the American worker who's been suffering from stagnating wages and an increasingly strenuous struggle to make ends meet for the last few decades, or the Third-World peasants who've been reduced to deriving their material needs from garbage dumps, while the capitalist elite grows ever more obscenely wealthy, that they're only being victimized in a "symbolic way".

See what I mean? As I outlined before, African nations/third world nations being exploited isn't an example of capitalism, just greed, greed is evident with communism and capitalism, if it wasn't then the current communist countries would be ideal utopias!


That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

I would gladly say the same for liberals, your isolationism did cause WWI and WWII after all. :)

Most of the American public was isolationist until Pearl Harbor rudely jerked them out of that mindset.

Because the majority of people believe something, it is not biased, ok.

Not quite my point. My point, in fact, was that isolationism wasn't a "liberal" thing, not exclusively. And, it was the isolationist zeitgeist of the American public as a whole, not exclusively the isolationism of "liberals", that has to be factored into history. Does this clarify my refutation of your lame assignment of blame for the two world wars to "liberals", or do you need it further dumbed down?

Liberalism can be defined with a solid definition, what the subjective masses (like yourself) try to define it as is irrelevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Do you need me to dumb this down and tell you how to copy and paste too? Because you never read the links I give you!
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:43:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 2:50:51 PM, malcolmxy wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:48:13 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:30:47 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

Yes...no thieves of private property amongst the many corporations out there, are there?

That's the problem with conservatism -they won't consider the consequences of their belief.

Yah, just the other day I got held up at Wamart by some blue cashiers and they took all my money.

Yes, because that's how Bernie Madoff stole his money as well...billions of dollars, one stick up victim at a time...same with Enron...and Tyco...

Yep..."if you can't see it happening, it's not happening." That's the motto of the conservatives.

But, but, but... those dirty cashiers!
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:44:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:19:05 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
At 3/13/2013 3:02:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

That does not detract from the fact that it is still a means to achieve something. It is like you saying, basically, that you want a food coupon. Even when you're being provided with the food your coupon would buy, the problem with our arrangement is that you are not getting the food coupon.

It's pointless.


Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

Communist countries? Name one?
So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

I don't have a problem with capitalism. I don't like people dismissing a system without having adequate knowledge about the intricacities of its working.

Communism is utopian. Marxian philosophy believes it to be the last stop in the process of historical dialectism, when all the contradictions of the preceding system would be resolved. How can someonehave a problem with communism, I'll never understand. Its bliss by definition. You can have reservations about its existance, like I do, but communism = bad is propoganda.
Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
Communism is the path dictators take to establish a totalitarian state. Under the guise that they promise to erect a utopian paradise for the proletariats to flourish, the communists win overwhelming public support. The catch is that a stateless communist society is impossible to achieve. A ruling class is needed to direct the production of resources and manage redistribution of wealth. This is where the people get screwed -- the ruling class will always consolidate their power after transitioning into a communist system. It happens in every case. Communism is a bait and switch.

Soooo... you are against socialism. Fair enough.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:50:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/13/2013 3:15:04 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 3:02:34 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:49:26 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:40:30 PM, Cermank wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:18:08 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:04:15 PM, Cermank wrote:
What exactly do you have a problem with? Communism or socialism?

Both, but Communism more so since it constitutes the theft of private property.

Private propoerty is a means to achieve something. Economic efficiency. Growth. Ots not the end. So again, what is the specific problem you have with communism?

Private property is a constitutional right.

http://www.cato.org...

That does not detract from the fact that it is still a means to achieve something. It is like you saying, basically, that you want a food coupon. Even when you're being provided with the food your coupon would buy, the problem with our arrangement is that you are not getting the food coupon.

It's pointless.

So you agree that private property benefits the nation monetarily, and it is also constitutional, so where does the benefit come in for the 'gubmint' stealing the property? Is it some sort of crazed moral conviction? Do you comfort yourself at night by dreaming about the government coming in with armies of tanks and soldiers and cracking skulls with the butts of their rifles to push people out of their property?


Wth? Did you even read what I wrote?
Capitalistic countries are far more prosperous then communist countries and capitalist countries typically have more social freedom (and obviously economic).

Communist countries? Name one?

Vietnam, Cuba, Laos, Cambodia, USSR, China

Lol.
So I ask, what is your problem with capitalism?

I don't have a problem with capitalism. I don't like people dismissing a system without having adequate knowledge about the intricacities of its working.

Communism is utopian. Marxian philosophy believes it to be the last stop in the process of historical dialectism, when all the contradictions of the preceding system would be resolved. How can someonehave a problem with communism, I'll never understand. Its bliss by definition. You can have reservations about its existance, like I do, but communism = bad is propoganda.

Communism is utopian, that is the point. Any idea that is utopian is not achievable in the near future, let's focus on what we can achieve instead of looking at what we won't be able to for dozens, if not hundreds of years to come.

I have reservations regarding its existence myself. But commuism =/= theft.
Warning: If you go on a 7 paragraph thesis on the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America I will not read.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:46:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Indeed, it's not communism that equals theft; rather, if we're going to grossly summarize, I prefer to quote Proudhon, "La propriete, c'est le vol!"
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 12:49:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well, since you don't wish me to elaborate on "the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America" I'll merely leave it at that.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 3:37:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/14/2013 12:49:43 AM, charleslb wrote:
Well, since you don't wish me to elaborate on "the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America" I'll merely leave it at that.

Even if it is true (and it is not), stealing from the thief doesn't justify burglary. We don't even have to go the consequence of its practice, it is morally wrong, as of burglary is morally wrong and it is utopia. "Because it is written on the door way to paradise that those who falter and those who fall, must pay the price"
malcolmxy
Posts: 2,855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 3:43:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/14/2013 3:37:43 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
At 3/14/2013 12:49:43 AM, charleslb wrote:
Well, since you don't wish me to elaborate on "the bourgeois and capitalist pigs of America" I'll merely leave it at that.

Even if it is true (and it is not), stealing from the thief doesn't justify burglary. We don't even have to go the consequence of its practice, it is morally wrong, as of burglary is morally wrong and it is utopia. "Because it is written on the door way to paradise that those who falter and those who fall, must pay the price"

OK, so someone takes your favorite pink, furry animal sexual kink outfit, let's say, just as an example.

You're not justified in retrieving your own property should you have the wherewithal to do so?
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...