Jump to topic:

We have Chuck Norris

ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 7:58:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
We also have Vince Vaughn, Adam Sandler, Clint Eastwood, Lindsay Lohan, and many others.

http://mememachine.viralvideochart.com...

http://www.upi.com...

Interesting to see that a lot of big celebrities are conservative/republican, they are just less vocal about their views.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 8:15:15 PM
At 3/12/2013 7:58:53 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
We also have Vince Vaughn, Adam Sandler, Clint Eastwood, Lindsay Lohan, and many others.

Interesting to see that a lot of big celebrities are conservative/republican, they are just less vocal about their views

Lindsay Lohan is a wingnut! Well whoopee for your camp!
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 8:28:29 PM
Personally, I want to see actors act (if they're any good at it). I don't want to hear their political manifesto. My dentist doesn't see fit to regale me with his theories on constitutional law, and I've never been lectured by a grocery store clerk on the merits of anarcho-syndicalism. Why would I want to hear substantially more idiotic babble from some uninformed celebrity? In short, I'm glad that I didn't know most of their political orientations, and wish that I didn't recognize the names which I did.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
BigRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 8:57:12 PM
At 3/12/2013 8:28:29 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
Personally, I want to see actors act (if they're any good at it). I don't want to hear their political manifesto. My dentist doesn't see fit to regale me with his theories on constitutional law, and I've never been lectured by a grocery store clerk on the merits of anarcho-syndicalism. Why would I want to hear substantially more idiotic babble from some uninformed celebrity? In short, I'm glad that I didn't know most of their political orientations, and wish that I didn't recognize the names which I did.

My dentist believes in a strict, constructionist interpretation of the constitution.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:32:00 PM
At 3/12/2013 9:27:23 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
You have Lindsey Lohan and you're proud?

We got Betty White. Eat it beyotch!

....I don't get it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:37:39 PM
At 3/12/2013 9:36:55 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/12/2013 9:32:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
....I don't get it.

We've got the best celebrity! Chuck Norris couldn't touch Betty White.

I'm sorry, my sarcasm detector isn't THAT broken.

MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:39:38 PM
At 3/12/2013 9:37:39 PM, OberHerr wrote:
....I don't get it.

*super angry face*
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 9:42:24 PM
http://www.digitaltrends.com...: At 3/12/2013 9:39:38 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
....I don't get it.

*super angry face*

http://www.digitaltrends.com...

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 10:04:02 PM
Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood are pretty vocal.

On a different note, I live near Chuck Norris. I've seen his house.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2013 10:05:23 PM
At 3/12/2013 9:42:24 PM, OberHerr wrote:
http://www.digitaltrends.com...: At 3/12/2013 9:39:38 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
....I don't get it.

*super angry face*

http://www.digitaltrends.com...

d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-39636-050ce464fdeb15.jpeg
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 1:04:21 AM

Yes, we in the anti-capitalist camp will just have to settle for the likes of Saint Francis of Assisi, Jesus Christ, and Albert Einstein. You on the right get the real prizes, the real quality human beings, such as that wretched racist Henry Ford (funny how a great capitalist can possess such a vile mind and character - this certainly reflects on the moral nature of capitalism, but you-all have quite the bias blind spot that prevents you from seeing it); arch Cold-War warrior against the menace of communism, tricky Dick Nixon; and that free-marketarian freedom fighter against Obamist anti-Americanism and proud practicing vulture capitalist, Mitt Romney. But hey, conservatives have that marvelously talented and characterologically stellar starlet Lindsay Lohan! We communists only have Oscar winners and nominees such as Vanessa Redgrave and Arthur Miller, and other memorable stars such as Paul Robeson. (Oh well, at least I can cling to the opinion that communist Kung Fu master Jackie Chan could certainly kick the heinie of Chuck Norris.) Yep, we on the left can't compete with the Zohan or the Lohan, what a proud thing for you to be able to claim them. Okay, I'm getting so wrought up with envy right now that I have to stop typing and calm myself down.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 4:45:59 AM

Who cares?

Interesting to see that a lot of big celebrities are conservative/republican, they are just less vocal about their views.

Because Hollywood is largely liberal, and they don't want to get blacklisted/allienate themselves at the box office (i.e. the public hates them so no one will see their movie)
My work here is, finally, done.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 5:04:17 AM

You should look up theoretical bullshlt's youtube channel. He is a soap opera star, day time emmy award winner, and high school drop out. But the guy is seriously philosophical.

http://www.youtube.com...
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 5:06:08 AM
At 3/13/2013 1:04:21 AM, charleslb wrote:

Yes, we in the anti-capitalist camp will just have to settle for the likes of Saint Francis of Assisi, Jesus Christ, and Albert Einstein. You on the right get the real prizes, the real quality human beings, such as that wretched racist Henry Ford (funny how a great capitalist can possess such a vile mind and character - this certainly reflects on the moral nature of capitalism, but you-all have quite the bias blind spot that prevents you from seeing it); arch Cold-War warrior against the menace of communism, tricky Dick Nixon; and that free-marketarian freedom fighter against Obamist anti-Americanism and proud practicing vulture capitalist, Mitt Romney. But hey, conservatives have that marvelously talented and characterologically stellar starlet Lindsay Lohan! We communists only have Oscar winners and nominees such as Vanessa Redgrave and Arthur Miller, and other memorable stars such as Paul Robeson. (Oh well, at least I can cling to the opinion that communist Kung Fu master Jackie Chan could certainly kick the heinie of Chuck Norris.) Yep, we on the left can't compete with the Zohan or the Lohan, what a proud thing for you to be able to claim them. Okay, I'm getting so wrought up with envy right now that I have to stop typing and calm myself down.

Very clever, and I really like that line.
However, I care not for who believes in what side; it carries little weight to me. I don't care if Hitler liked nachos; I will still eat them as they are delicious.
My work here is, finally, done.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:52:03 AM
At 3/12/2013 8:15:15 PM, charleslb wrote:

Interesting to see that a lot of big celebrities are conservative/republican, they are just less vocal about their views

Lohan is to conservative as Jane Fonda is to Democrats? :P
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:56:21 AM

Same, I really just brought that up to counter all the idiot neo cons that say "liberals own hollywood and the media!!11"
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:56:45 AM
At 3/12/2013 9:27:23 PM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
You have Lindsey Lohan and you're proud?

We got Betty White. Eat it beyotch!

Still, we have Chuck Norris.

And Adam Sandler, and Clint Eastwood.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 7:02:39 AM

You just love to turn everything in to a petty competition, don't you? Even a harmless joke you turn in to some sort of competition, and you wonder why you are the most outcasted member of the site.
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 11:36:35 AM
At 3/13/2013 6:52:03 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

It's okay though! President Obama used a drone to remove Jane Fonda from the picture! Now you're still stuck with Lindsey, and we took out Jane Fonda.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 12:42:46 PM
At 3/13/2013 11:36:35 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
At 3/13/2013 6:52:03 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

It's okay though! President Obama used a drone to remove Jane Fonda from the picture!

I wonder why, they would have made good friends.

Now you're still stuck with Lindsey, and we took out Jane Fonda.

Lindsey is hotter, k. :P
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:28:39 PM
At 3/13/2013 7:02:39 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

You just love to turn everything in to a petty competition, don't you? Even a harmless joke you turn in to some sort of competition, and you wonder why you are the most outcasted member of the site.

Sourpuss.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:36:12 PM

http://i.imgur.com...

You lose.

Fun Fact - Chuck Norris's nose blood could cure his own erectile dysfunction.

Too bad his nose doesn't bleed.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:41:44 PM
At 3/13/2013 5:06:08 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Very clever, and I really like that line.
However, I care not for who believes in what side; it carries little weight to me. I don't care if Hitler liked nachos; I will still eat them as they are delicious.

An excellent point. However, I would submit that there's also some wisdom to the ole biblical adage that things are better judged by their fruits than their roots. That is, in this instance, if the underlying psychology of anti-capitalism produces spiritually and intellectually beautiful fruit such as Saint Francis of Assisi and Arthur Miller, well, it does indeed testify to the merit of the left's anti-capitalist orientation. Conversely, if a rightist cognitive orientation produces unsavory fruit such as Ayn Rand and Milton Friedman's darling, Augusto Pinochet, well ...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:58:46 PM
At 3/13/2013 2:28:39 PM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/13/2013 7:02:39 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Sourpuss.

You are the one who went on another 1,000 character thesis about how commie actors/actresses are superior to conservative ones, even though the whole thread was a joke. >_>
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 2:59:52 PM
At 3/13/2013 2:36:12 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

You lose.

Too bad Bruce Lee isn't known to be politically affiliated. :P
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 3:33:51 PM
At 3/13/2013 2:59:52 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 3/13/2013 2:36:12 PM, malcolmxy wrote:

You lose.

Too bad Bruce Lee isn't known to be politically affiliated. :P

The pendulum of life must have balance - only sober moderation lasts - Bruce Lee

he didn't belong to a party. that's all.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...