Jump to topic:

LA Times: White Men More Danger Than Al Queda

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:30:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"They"re not jihadists. They are white, right-wing Americans, nearly all with an obsessive attachment to guns, who may represent a greater danger to the lives of American civilians than international terrorists."

http://www.latimes.com...

Their own poll showed that their readers didn't buy this bs. 96% said "no, Patriots do not pose a threat" according to those who read their bs propaganda article.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:38:55 PM
Why is nobody calling out their racism. Such racist remarks ought to have the whole nation outraged.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:40:37 PM
At 3/13/2013 6:30:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"They"re not jihadists. They are white, right-wing Americans, nearly all with an obsessive attachment to guns, who may represent a greater danger to the lives of American civilians than international terrorists."

Their own poll showed that their readers didn't buy this bs. 96% said "no, Patriots do not pose a threat" according to those who read their bs propaganda article.

This isn't news to me. Geo, don't get yourself worked up dude. I used to get angry and try to argue these liberal zombies on WaPo, Huff Post and LA Times articles comments section, it's simply a battle you can't win. Even if 90% of them are ignoramuses, with 20 of them screaming in all caps rage at you all at once, it's impossible to get a word in edgewise. Just look at the comments sections, you'll see what I mean.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:45:36 PM
It restores a small iota of my previously discarded faith in humanity when I see that people didn't buy into this nonsense. In reality, both pose a negligible threat and are being used as bogeymen. Americans are around twice as likely to be killed by a falling vending machine than they are by a terrorist.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:54:37 PM

lol, that's probably b/c gun-loving white men are the only ones passing around the article 8)

not to say I'm not white, or that I'm against guns...

just saying the poll means diddley.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:57:17 PM
At 3/13/2013 6:54:37 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

lol, that's probably b/c gun-loving white men are the only ones passing around the article 8)

However, I also don't doubt that everyone really thinks that Jihadists are more dangerous...

I do have doubts though that you've properly represented the article.. b/c you have a habit of getting carried away, and plain out being a fibber :P
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 6:58:17 PM

and, yes.. I'm aware you're hispanic.. or at least kinda hispanic.. or something..

Metaphysics:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 7:13:52 PM
Im fairly certain that being killed by a white guy with a gun in America is much likelier then being killed by an Al-Qaeda terrorist.... But if the LA Times is trying to specifically claim that right wing people are the only ones who are a part of this threat and not all americans in general, then that would make them almost as idiotic as infowars....

almost.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2013 7:29:48 PM
At 3/13/2013 7:13:52 PM, imabench wrote:
Im fairly certain that being killed by a white guy with a gun in America is much likelier then being killed by an Al-Qaeda terrorist.... But if the LA Times is trying to specifically claim that right wing people are the only ones who are a part of this threat and not all americans in general, then that would make them almost as idiotic as infowars....

almost.....

Except that at least Infowars does investigative reporting and LA Times is just another cheerleader of the liberal political machine.
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 1:17:03 AM
At 3/13/2013 6:38:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Why is nobody calling out their racism. Such racist remarks ought to have the whole nation outraged.

Did you read the report by the SPLC.

Their article is sourced, and the source is kinda interesting.

Patriot groups of exclusively white americans vowing to stop registering their guns, among other things - up 7%

General anti-black racism up 4% among all white americans since Obama became president (though, this always happens during recessions, so I don't believe it's a reaction to Obama...it's a reaction to people being angry, and then stupid).

The interesting part of the study, though, was that Anti-Immigrant Extremist groups. They fell by 90%. Guess no one cares about the "border fence" anymore (or realize what a stupid idea it is...)

ALSO INTERESTING are the C-Tard Wingnuts (conspiracy theorists) and their goofy assertion that the George HW Bush signed UN Sustainability Plan, Agenda 21, with it's ZERO MANDATORY PROVISIONS has become the latest crazy du jour of the radical right.

You people are f*cking nuts, and you wonder why you are in the minority...it's because most people aren't crazy.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 3:51:23 AM
Im fairly certain that being killed by a white guy with a gun in America is much likelier then being killed by an Al-Qaeda terrorist....

This was my exact thought when I read the thread title. Fact is, most things are more danger to you as an American than Al Quaeda. Heck, this "Patriots" group probably is more danger to you because there are more of them, they're located in America and statistically some of them probably ARE violent criminals.

But if the LA Times is trying to specifically claim that right wing people are the only ones who are a part of this threat and not all americans in general, then that would make them almost as idiotic as infowars....

almost.....

Yup.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 7:41:34 AM
At 3/13/2013 6:57:17 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

However, I also don't doubt that everyone really thinks that Jihadists are more dangerous...

I do have doubts though that you've properly represented the article.. b/c you have a habit of getting carried away, and plain out being a fibber :P

I am more afraid of being killed by an American gunman than I am of being killed by a Jihadist.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 7:42:12 AM

almost.....

I don't see them making that claim.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:57:19 AM
At 3/14/2013 1:17:03 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Patriot groups of exclusively white americans vowing to stop registering their guns, among other things - up 7%

Infowariors are extremely diverse. However, the racist Democrats lure in minorities with free stuff. The Democrats pander to minorities for votes, yet they never get minorities out of poverty, they just help stay in poverty and get them further dependent on government.

General anti-black racism up 4% among all white americans since Obama became president (though, this always happens during recessions, so I don't believe it's a reaction to Obama...it's a reaction to people being angry, and then stupid).

That's rubbish. Who's gonna answer on a survey that they're racist.

The interesting part of the study, though, was that Anti-Immigrant Extremist groups. They fell by 90%. Guess no one cares about the "border fence" anymore (or realize what a stupid idea it is...)

The thing is Patriot groups aren't violent. When has a Patriot ever committed an act of terror. WACO and Oklahoma were false flags, in fact it was the FBI who was gunning down innocent people in WACO.

The Patriots will NOT strike first, just as George Washington did not strike first. The Federal government is planning a false flag to blame patriots.

ALSO INTERESTING are the C-Tard Wingnuts (conspiracy theorists) and their goofy assertion that the George HW Bush signed UN Sustainability Plan, Agenda 21, with it's ZERO MANDATORY PROVISIONS has become the latest crazy du jour of the radical right.

You people are f*cking nuts, and you wonder why you are in the minority...it's because most people aren't crazy.

We're not the ones blowing up people with drone strikes, buying 2 billion bullets, armored tanks, spying on people, giving F-16s and tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood Dictator rapist holocaust denier.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 10:05:12 AM
MSNBC's Ed Schultz is saying that Patriots are KKK, Confederate, Nazi, militant extremists.

Ed Schultz also says Bill O'Reilly and Eric Bolling are extreme. This pitiful.

You know what's extreme, a $17 trillion dollar debt, wasting money on goldfish democracy, roll-up beef jerky, turtle tunnels, cyborg squirrels, and foreign aid to the Muslim freakin Brotherhood Dictator in Egypt.

Obamacare death panels, that's extreme.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:36:05 AM
At 3/14/2013 9:57:19 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 3/14/2013 1:17:03 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

Infowariors are extremely diverse. However, the racist Democrats lure in minorities with free stuff. The Democrats pander to minorities for votes, yet they never get minorities out of poverty, they just help stay in poverty and get them further dependent on government.

Really? Who are these people, and furthermore, where are they? Of what percentage of the population do they comprise?

Women, by and large, are democrats. Also, blacks tend to go democrat, and especially so with the 1st black presidential candidate, but latinos used to tend Republican. Y'all simply lost them with all this anti-latin racism.

This is why Bush was pushing so hard for a worker amnesty program. Latins are gonna be a huge (huger) voting block soon. Y'all share the whole Jesus and family stuff. If you weren't so blind, you could secure this demographic and kill the DNP in every presidential election for the next 50 years.

That's rubbish. Who's gonna answer on a survey that they're racist.

No one, but there are answers to questions that show a tendency toward it. Like I said, this happens during every recession. Chill out.

The thing is Patriot groups aren't violent. When has a Patriot ever committed an act of terror. WACO and Oklahoma were false flags, in fact it was the FBI who was gunning down innocent people in WACO.

What, in your mind, constitutes a patriot? I feel that I am one. Do you share this belief with me, or do you consider me unpatriotic?

The Patriots will NOT strike first, just as George Washington did not strike first. The Federal government is planning a false flag to blame patriots.

It doesn't matter...they'll always be painted in the media as if they do.

We're not the ones blowing up people with drone strikes, buying 2 billion bullets, armored tanks, spying on people, giving F-16s and tanks to the Muslim Brotherhood Dictator rapist holocaust denier.

Oh Jesus...Bush simply didn't have the media cover that Obama has. If he did, he would have done it as well. Don't kid yourself.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:10:55 AM

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable statement to me. Also, you might be interested in this, http://www.debate.org...
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
charleslb
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:17:10 AM
At 3/15/2013 1:10:55 AM, charleslb wrote:

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable statement to me. Also, you might be interested in this, http://www.debate.org...

P.S. dear Geo, I wouldn't, if I were you, respond with a crack to the effect that my mentality is such as to be unable to identify a reasonable statement. Nope, not when you're the flaming conspiracist.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 3:53:08 AM
At 3/15/2013 1:17:10 AM, charleslb wrote:
At 3/15/2013 1:10:55 AM, charleslb wrote:

P.S. dear Geo, I wouldn't, if I were you, respond with a crack to the effect that my mentality is such as to be unable to identify a reasonable statement. Nope, not when you're the flaming conspiracist.

When Charles calls you out for being wacky, it's time to reevaluate everything in your life.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 5:56:44 AM
At 3/15/2013 5:40:36 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Hey, Geo, if minorities are just after free stuff, why did Asians, the wealthiest and most educated racial group in the US, vote for Obama?

http://www.bloomberg.com...

The concept of socialism is just such a far-out concept to Asians traditionally.....