Jump to topic:

Iran's energy sector

pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 2:29:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Check out this guys post on another forum. He brings up some good points that I thought you all might find interesting.

http://www.pakistanaffairs.pk...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 5:53:29 PM
At 3/14/2013 2:29:16 PM, pozessed wrote:
Check out this guys post on another forum. He brings up some good points that I thought you all might find interesting.

I agree that the US is a bit overzealous on their sanctions against Iran, and that they should still always leave a pre-extended arm of friendship if Iranian leaders decide to be more moderate, but I do defend the sanctions in general, it's just that the nature of them is cruel and unfair.

The article brings up a few good points, but you can see it's obvious anti-western bias.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:53:22 PM
The mod at that forum likes to merge topic a lot. I don't think its healthy for a new post but I can understand the potential need for dead posts.
Anyways, the post I was referring to is titled "Pakistan tests US will with Iran pipeline". The 2nd to last post on the 2nd page.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:56:20 PM
At 3/14/2013 5:53:29 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

I agree that the US is a bit overzealous on their sanctions against Iran, and that they should still always leave a pre-extended arm of friendship if Iranian leaders decide to be more moderate, but I do defend the sanctions in general, it's just that the nature of them is cruel and unfair.

Very true, but sometimes the best way to make an enemy a friend is to extend trust for the possibilities and do your best to prepare for the worst.

The article brings up a few good points, but you can see it's obvious anti-western bias.

There will be bias on both sides of any fence. As long as we notice it and learn not to feed into it we should be alright.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 6:58:50 PM
At 3/14/2013 6:56:20 PM, pozessed wrote:

Very true, but sometimes the best way to make an enemy a friend is to extend trust for the possibilities and do your best to prepare for the worst.

Fair enough, but even with 'frenemies' you should establish boundaries, i.e We will reinstate sanctions and be in a pre-war state if you decide to violate these terms

There will be bias on both sides of any fence. As long as we notice it and learn not to feed into it we should be alright.

Good point.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 8:36:01 PM
At 3/14/2013 6:58:50 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Fair enough, but even with 'frenemies' you should establish boundaries, i.e We will reinstate sanctions and be in a pre-war state if you decide to violate these terms.
Of course. We all need something to happen to relieve this tension though. our governments don't seem to be finding effective peaceful solutions.
Maybe these "uncensored" public discussion boards can be the answer to all our social woes.
What better ways to find social solutions than social discussion?
As long as people stay rational and relevant, I believe anything s possible.

Good point.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 7:07:25 AM
At 3/14/2013 8:36:01 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 3/14/2013 6:58:50 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Fair enough, but even with 'frenemies' you should establish boundaries, i.e We will reinstate sanctions and be in a pre-war state if you decide to violate these terms.
Of course. We all need something to happen to relieve this tension though. our governments don't seem to be finding effective peaceful solutions.
Maybe these "uncensored" public discussion boards can be the answer to all our social woes.
What better ways to find social solutions than social discussion?
As long as people stay rational and relevant, I believe anything s possible.

I agree.

Good point.