Jump to topic:

North Korea Threatens US, possible war?

RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:52:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Announcing their own preemptive strike? Sounds like peacocking to me.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
logicrules
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 9:55:42 PM
At 3/14/2013 9:47:42 PM, pozessed wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

What do you think?

Any peaceful solutions?

No war....Us hasn't had the courage to go to war since 1941. Maybe China will declare war on US,,,,now that would be interesting.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 10:03:15 PM
Any solution that ends with Kim Jong-un dead would be peaceful.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2013 10:23:31 PM
What a Joke.

Also, luxury Items aren't already being sanctioned??? No wonder our sanctions don't work.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 6:40:20 AM

What do you think?

Any peaceful solutions?

We could once again appease them, lift sanctions and give them more money. But chances are they will use the money to build more weapons and then threaten us again for more money. The best thing we could do is try to get a korean to infiltrate their gov't and try to get in the line of succession, then assassinate all before him so the infiltrator can turn their gov't more moderate.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:29:06 AM
At 3/15/2013 6:40:20 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

What do you think?

Any peaceful solutions?

We could once again appease them, lift sanctions and give them more money. But chances are they will use the money to build more weapons and then threaten us again for more money. The best thing we could do is try to get a korean to infiltrate their gov't and try to get in the line of succession, then assassinate all before him so the infiltrator can turn their gov't more moderate.

When was appeasement ever our policy in north Korea? Why would we give them any money? Best thing to do would be opening up trade, harder to hate america when your drinking coke and watching die hard. Eventually get those Koreans on the internet and the regime will crumble. I doubt killing dear leader will do much, something tells me that 28 year old goofball isn't calling all the shots.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:32:36 AM
I asked a teacher at my high school.

He says that North Korea wants aid and free trade, but wants keep their "tough" appearance, and so threaten us, thinking to get their supplies for appeasement.

I don't know if that is true, but it is interesting.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 9:44:16 AM
These are just the same games N. Korea has ever played. They're not a threat. Sure they devote a large portion of their GDP to military pursuits, but nobody ever mentions the fact that they're dirt poor.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 11:19:09 AM
At 3/15/2013 9:44:16 AM, MichaelGonzales wrote:
These are just the same games N. Korea has ever played. They're not a threat. Sure they devote a large portion of their GDP to military pursuits, but nobody ever mentions the fact that they're dirt poor.

I agree. North Korea doesn't have the guts to attack America. We would obliterate them, and it would destroy the remnants of their economy.

I believe only a few months ago they launched a rocket that only stayed in the sky for about 90 seconds. Pathetic.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 11:39:05 AM
At 3/15/2013 9:29:06 AM, lewis20 wrote:

What do you think?

Any peaceful solutions?

When was appeasement ever our policy in north Korea? Why would we give them any money? Best thing to do would be opening up trade, harder to hate america when your drinking coke and watching die hard. Eventually get those Koreans on the internet and the regime will crumble. I doubt killing dear leader will do much, something tells me that 28 year old goofball isn't calling all the shots.

I like the way you think. Kudos.
MichaelGonzales
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 11:53:34 AM
At 3/15/2013 11:19:09 AM, Contra wrote:
I believe only a few months ago they launched a rocket that only stayed in the sky for about 90 seconds. Pathetic.

Meanwhile, in the richest part of the world: We put Wall-E on Mars.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:01:07 PM
At 3/15/2013 9:29:06 AM, lewis20 wrote:

What do you think?

Any peaceful solutions?

When was appeasement ever our policy in north Korea?

http://www.fas.org...

Why would we give them any money? Best thing to do would be opening up trade, harder to hate america when your drinking coke and watching die hard.

I agree this might help, but remember that by opening up trade we are funding a nation that wants to do a preemptive military and nuclear strike against us.

Eventually get those Koreans on the internet and the regime will crumble.

That's why their leader would never allow it.

I doubt killing dear leader will do much, something tells me that 28 year old goofball isn't calling all the shots.

I agree, but I said if we got a Korean to infiltrate their gov't and get to the line of succession, we could get this person to rule the country more moderately.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:02:09 PM

Rwanda killed half a million of their own people, and their significantly poorer than N. Korea. Also, all it takes is one nuclear bomb that hits a high density area to kill half a million+ people.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:06:04 PM
At 3/15/2013 12:02:09 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Rwanda killed half a million of their own people, and their significantly poorer than N. Korea. Also, all it takes is one nuclear bomb that hits a high density area to kill half a million+ people.

Most of the coast has a high density pop, mind you.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:11:44 PM
With as hostile as NK is to its people, you'd think all we'd have to do is drop some flyers over there that advertise how mistreated they are. I'm talking paer flyers that people hand out on the street.
It seems like all the people there may need is some information.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:23:58 PM
At 3/15/2013 12:11:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
With as hostile as NK is to its people, you'd think all we'd have to do is drop some flyers over there that advertise how mistreated they are. I'm talking paer flyers that people hand out on the street.

I agree, but in the most secretive state in the world, it will be hard to get the gov't to budge on giving the public outside info.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:25:28 PM
I watched some NK propaganda last night. You can totally understand their hatred for the US and if i didn't know any better and a citizen of NK, would totally want to go to war with the US.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:27:37 PM

This would be taken as a provocation by the North Koreans. South Korean activists incidently sent ballons over the border despite the SK governments efforts to block them: http://www.nytimes.com...
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:29:23 PM
At 3/15/2013 12:23:58 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

I agree, but in the most secretive state in the world, it will be hard to get the gov't to budge on giving the public outside info.

Information is like food my friend. Its easy to seductive or repulsive when you smell it and delicious or disgusting when you ingest it.
My point is, if they just need a whiff, that should be easy to give them.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 12:31:21 PM
At 3/15/2013 12:29:23 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 3/15/2013 12:23:58 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Information is like food my friend. Its easy to seductive or repulsive when you smell it and delicious or disgusting when you ingest it.
My point is, if they just need a whiff, that should be easy to give them.

It's easily seductive*
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:23:54 PM
I don't think N. Korea have any real incentive or capability of ever declare war on US. chance is they might never even defeat S.Korea and Japan in open combat.

I agreed with the above statement,it is a ruse, something to give them more trading power but I am quite sure that they will try to keep their nuke no matter what (may only give up intercontinental capability). After the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think no country will ever trust the liberal use of force from the US again (if they are on a less than friendly term). They need some guarantee that their country will not be randomly invaded. It is a mistake, if you asked me, a resurgent of gun boat policy of old which serve nothing but to give more incentive for country like Iran or N.Korea to have their own nuke.
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2013 1:46:06 PM
At 3/15/2013 1:23:54 PM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
I don't think N. Korea have any real incentive or capability of ever declare war on US. chance is they might never even defeat S.Korea and Japan in open combat.

I agreed with the above statement,it is a ruse, something to give them more trading power but I am quite sure that they will try to keep their nuke no matter what (may only give up intercontinental capability). After the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think no country will ever trust the liberal use of force from the US again (if they are on a less than friendly term). They need some guarantee that their country will not be randomly invaded. It is a mistake, if you asked me, a resurgent of gun boat policy of old which serve nothing but to give more incentive for country like Iran or N.Korea to have their own nuke.

I agree with everything except the last part. The gun boats are there to help defend Taiwan and South Korea, (and Japan partially), since China thinks it owns Taiwan, and North Korea thinks it owns S. Korea.