Total Posts:156|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is the most unbiased news network?

locke58
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:23:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am starting to become extremely interested in politics. As a high school student, I want to get started out on the right track and do not want to be watching a biased network. I know that all will be slanted slightly, but which is the least slanted. (I only watch Fox because that is what my father watches.)
Thanks!
"I won't let you beat me unfairly, I'll beat you unfairly first."
jzonda415
Posts: 151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:35:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 10:29:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Well for starters, stop watching fox news.

Or you can watch Fox News + MSNBC and they will balance out.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:37:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 10:35:29 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:29:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Well for starters, stop watching fox news.

Or you can watch Fox News + MSNBC and they will balance out.

I'm not sure that's how it works :P
locke58
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:42:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 10:37:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:35:29 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:29:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Well for starters, stop watching fox news.

Or you can watch Fox News + MSNBC and they will balance out.

I'm not sure that's how it works :P

What is wrong with Fox? I understand they are conservative, but what makes them so bad?
And what about radio? NPR, how are they?
"I won't let you beat me unfairly, I'll beat you unfairly first."
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:46:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 10:42:20 PM, locke58 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:37:42 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:35:29 PM, jzonda415 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:29:13 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Well for starters, stop watching fox news.

Or you can watch Fox News + MSNBC and they will balance out.

I'm not sure that's how it works :P

What is wrong with Fox? I understand they are conservative, but what makes them so bad?
And what about radio? NPR, how are they?

Fox news is right-wing biased. I didn't say they were bad, but you were asking for unbiased news networks, and fox news is notoriously not one of them. The most middle of the road news station that comes to mind is CNN. The best way to get news is to use many different sources, and keep in mind possible (and probable) bias when sifting through any info.
locke58
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:49:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

What is wrong with Fox? I understand they are conservative, but what makes them so bad?
And what about radio? NPR, how are they?

Fox news is right-wing biased. I didn't say they were bad, but you were asking for unbiased news networks, and fox news is notoriously not one of them. The most middle of the road news station that comes to mind is CNN. The best way to get news is to use many different sources, and keep in mind possible (and probable) bias when sifting through any info.

Is CNN not left wing?
"I won't let you beat me unfairly, I'll beat you unfairly first."
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 10:52:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 10:49:16 PM, locke58 wrote:

What is wrong with Fox? I understand they are conservative, but what makes them so bad?
And what about radio? NPR, how are they?

Fox news is right-wing biased. I didn't say they were bad, but you were asking for unbiased news networks, and fox news is notoriously not one of them. The most middle of the road news station that comes to mind is CNN. The best way to get news is to use many different sources, and keep in mind possible (and probable) bias when sifting through any info.

Is CNN not left wing?

It's not left-wing, probably best described as center to center-left.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:04:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
With hacks like Piers morgan, CNN is left. MSNBC has a terrible bias, FOX has a bad bias. Oddly enough the business networks, that is FOX business and CNBC are pretty good.
NPR, PBS usually pretty good.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
THEVIRUS
Posts: 1,321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:08:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 10:52:20 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 10:49:16 PM, locke58 wrote:

What is wrong with Fox? I understand they are conservative, but what makes them so bad?
And what about radio? NPR, how are they?

Fox news is right-wing biased. I didn't say they were bad, but you were asking for unbiased news networks, and fox news is notoriously not one of them. The most middle of the road news station that comes to mind is CNN. The best way to get news is to use many different sources, and keep in mind possible (and probable) bias when sifting through any info.

Is CNN not left wing?

It's not left-wing, probably best described as center to center-left.

dammit these lucky radio stations...i wish I had wings :)
"So you want me to go to the judge with 'unit, corps, God, country'?" - A Few Good Men

"And the hits just keep on comin'." -A Few Good Men
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:11:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Fox News, it's fair and balanced news coverage.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:11:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh, less I forget to mention the greatest news source of all time...Vice News

Sofex: The business of war
https://www.youtube.com...

vice guide to North Korea
https://www.youtube.com...

Vice Guide to Congo
https://www.youtube.com...

The Mexican Mormon war
https://www.youtube.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:14:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:11:18 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Fox News, it's fair and balanced news coverage.

Not really, all their opinion programming is right leaning to say the least. Hannity and Oreilly specifically.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:15:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:14:40 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:11:18 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Fox News, it's fair and balanced news coverage.

Not really, all their opinion programming is right leaning to say the least. Hannity and Oreilly specifically.

Oh yeah, then why do they advertise fair and balanced news coverage. If this was false then they would be lying.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:16:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:15:47 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:14:40 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:11:18 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Fox News, it's fair and balanced news coverage.

Not really, all their opinion programming is right leaning to say the least. Hannity and Oreilly specifically.

Oh yeah, then why do they advertise fair and balanced news coverage. If this was false then they would be lying.

Hahahahahhahahahhaha
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:23:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Ya I'm assuming it was a joke now.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:23:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

When you have credibility as low as History Genius does, it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm or something else.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:25:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

That's not a logical argument in the least.
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:25:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:23:56 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

When you have credibility as low as History Genius does, it's hard to tell if it's sarcasm or something else.

I am very credible, just like Richard Nixon.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:26:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:25:35 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

That's not a logical argument in the least.

Just drawing comparisons.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:26:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

Kim Jong Un is obviously telling the truth when he says that NK is the most powerful nation on Earth. After all, if he was lying, then that would just generate bad press coverage and his people would distrust him.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:27:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:26:17 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

Kim Jong Un is obviously telling the truth when he says that NK is the most powerful nation on Earth. After all, if he was lying, then that would just generate bad press coverage and his people would distrust him.

Incorrect, there is strong evidence against Un, but not against Fox News,
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:27:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:26:16 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:25:35 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

That's not a logical argument in the least.

Just drawing comparisons.

Your argument: fox news isn't biased because they say they aren't.
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:28:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:27:41 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:26:16 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:25:35 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

That's not a logical argument in the least.

Just drawing comparisons.

Your argument: fox news isn't biased because they say they aren't.

Because lying is wrong.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:29:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:27:32 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:26:17 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

Kim Jong Un is obviously telling the truth when he says that NK is the most powerful nation on Earth. After all, if he was lying, then that would just generate bad press coverage and his people would distrust him.

Incorrect, there is strong evidence against Un, but not against Fox News,

First of all, many would disagree with the latter part of that. Secondly, you have just shown that the "Because they say so" argument is invalid, and thus should not be used without examining the validity of the statement (something which you have not attempted to do with Fox News).
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2013 11:30:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2013 11:28:19 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:27:41 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:26:16 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:25:35 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:22:44 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:19:58 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 3/28/2013 11:18:48 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
It's just wrong to believe they would be lying or else they would lose a lot of viewers for false advertising, so they are telling the truth.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

Why would I kid, that's like false advertising. I'm telling the truth. Think about it, if Fox was wrong in saying they were fair and balanced, that would be like Cheetos saying they sell milk.

That's not a logical argument in the least.

Just drawing comparisons.

Your argument: fox news isn't biased because they say they aren't.

Because lying is wrong.

So the holocaust didn't happen because it was wrong?