Ann Coulter is insane

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 5:45:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
In other news, Will Smith is black.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 5:55:53 PM
She scares me. Ann Coulter demonizes libertarians, and her attitudes towards liberals just antagonizes them.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 6:51:48 PM
At 3/29/2013 5:55:53 PM, Contra wrote:
She scares me. Ann Coulter demonizes libertarians, and her attitudes towards liberals just antagonizes them.

She's a figure of controversy, whose livelihood depends on her remaining a figure of controversy. Her methods are only slightly more civilized than Westboro Baptist Church, albeit she is more entertaining.

There's nothing "scary" about her though, and I'd imagine she'd be a great person to talk to. (I'd love to have her next to me on a flight, for instance. Would make for a stimulating conversation.)
Tsar of DDO
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 7:11:24 PM
At 3/29/2013 6:51:48 PM, YYW wrote:

She's a figure of controversy, whose livelihood depends on her remaining a figure of controversy. Her methods are only slightly more civilized than Westboro Baptist Church, albeit she is more entertaining.

Those people are pretty awful.

There's nothing "scary" about her though, and I'd imagine she'd be a great person to talk to. (I'd love to have her next to me on a flight, for instance. Would make for a stimulating conversation.)

That is true. It would make for an interesting conversation. We could probably find some common ground.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 7:14:19 PM
At 3/29/2013 7:11:24 PM, Contra wrote:

That is true. It would make for an interesting conversation. We could probably find some common ground.

Common ground isn't what I'd be looking for in a discussion with Coulter; I'd want spirited disagreement (but that's me, lol). I'm sure the others in the cabin wouldn't mind... muahaha
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 7:15:19 PM
Her methods are only slightly more civilized than those of Westboro Baptist Church, albeit she is more entertaining.

couldn't resist....

I think I might be turning into a grammar nazi
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 8:13:09 PM
At 3/29/2013 7:14:19 PM, YYW wrote:

Common ground isn't what I'd be looking for in a discussion with Coulter; I'd want spirited disagreement (but that's me, lol). I'm sure the others in the cabin wouldn't mind... muahaha

Disagreements can be fun. Debating politics with family and friends is usually a bad idea, unless you guys can agree to respect the other person's opinion(s). Sometimes, when my family has political disagreements with me, I offer to "agree to disagree", but they reject my idea of tolerance.

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 9:08:37 PM
There are many people smarter than her. She gets paid to act crazy. If she acted half reasonable, she would not be famous. I believe it all is a shtick.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 10:24:27 PM
Maybe. But you know what?

I bet that if I went on MNSBC, and did a show called "Citrakayah's Mild-Mannered Careful Dissections of Policy," where in a single hour I would carefully analyze a specific issue, providing peer-reviewed citations and not engaging in broad sweeping statements, it would be profitable. Not super-profitable, but it would turn a profit.

Smart can sell, people.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 10:40:46 PM

I don't know about that...
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 11:17:40 PM
At 3/29/2013 7:15:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Her methods are only slightly more civilized than those of Westboro Baptist Church, albeit she is more entertaining.

couldn't resist....

I think I might be turning into a grammar nazi

The change wasn't necessary. I was referring to WBC as an institution (rather than as a collectivity of individuals) -so really, what you did is change the meaning of the sentence, rather than correct syntax.

But I do make grammatical errors periodically, and I almost never edit what I post.

Whatever... lol
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 11:19:53 PM
At 3/29/2013 8:13:09 PM, Contra wrote:
At 3/29/2013 7:14:19 PM, YYW wrote:

Disagreements can be fun. Debating politics with family and friends is usually a bad idea, unless you guys can agree to respect the other person's opinion(s). Sometimes, when my family has political disagreements with me, I offer to "agree to disagree", but they reject my idea of tolerance.

Agreeing to disagree is overrated. It's a patchy resolution to a non-existant problem (because a disagreement isn't a problem, but a healthy exercise of contrasting perspectives). How awful would the world be if in all things, we all agreed? Pretty awful indeed.

I guess that's the Dr. Seuss in me coming out tonight. bahaha
Tsar of DDO