Jump to topic:

Liberal

hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 10:58:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This forum is for the "Liberal" only. On this forum we'll discuss some of Liberal ideology, Liberal history, some of Liberal most profound leaders, and many other things having to do with Liberal. On this forum we'll also discuss our most opposition political philosophy-the Conservative.
"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
Leonard Bernstein
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:17:37 AM
Lets talk about Liberal most profound leaders.

1. George Washington) The Father of Our Country was a liberal, as were most of the founding fathers. Washington became the first President to serve under the newly formed Constitution that gave more powers to the federal government. And contrary to what most conservatives believe of Washington today, he did not support war.

2. John Adams) Adams, like Washington, also did not care for war. Adams signed into law the first health care mandate in American history. This health insurance was for sailors and it allowed them to get care provided by the federal government paid for through a tax.

3. John F. Kennedy) JFK inspired the race to the moon, negotiated the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, and created the Peace Corps. Legislation passed by Congress during the Kennedy administration included an expansion of unemployment benefits, aid was provided to cities to improve housing and transportation, funds were allocated to continue the construction of a national highway system started under Eisenhower, a water pollution control act was passed to protect the country"s rivers and streams, soil conservation, and an agricultural act to raise farmers" incomes was made law. A significant amount of anti-poverty legislation was passed by Congress, including increases in social security benefits and in the minimum wage, several housing bills, and aid to economically distressed areas.

4. Thomas Jefferson) Jefferson believed in separation of church and state and purchased the Louisiana Territory even though the Constitution says nothing about buying land. He was also a big proponent of a free press. He believed in human rights and he did not try to repeal the mandatory health insurance mandate instituted by John Adams. Jefferson was also a big cheerleader for France and believed corporations should be restricted from having too much power. Jefferson also supported a system of national infrastructure, and approved funding of the National Road.

5. Abraham Lincoln) Lincoln, like most Republicans of his era, was a liberal. He was the first President to pass an income tax into law. He ended slavery. And he saved the Union from being destroyed by Civil War. He also signed the Homestead Act in 1862, making millions of acres of government-held land in the West available for purchase at very low cost. The Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act, also signed in 1862, provided government grants for agricultural colleges in each state. The Pacific Railway Acts of 1862 and 1864 granted federal support for the construction of the United States" First Transcontinental Railroad, which was completed in 1869. He also modernized America"s economic, communications, and financial infrastructure.

6. Theodore Roosevelt) Theodore Roosevelt is considered the greatest progressive in American history. He supported the Meat Inspection Act, worker"s rights, breaking up corporate monopolies to spur competition and lower prices, and later on he was an advocate for national health care. In the social sphere his New Nationalism platform of 1912 called for a National Health Service to include all existing government medical agencies, social insurance, to provide for the elderly, the unemployed, and the disabled, limited injunctions in strikes, minimum wage law for women, an eight hour workday, a federal securities commission, farm relief, workers" compensation for work-related injuries, an inheritance tax, and a Constitutional amendment to allow a Federal income tax. The political reforms proposed included women"s suffrage, direct election of Senators, and primary elections for state and federal nominations.

I'll only list 6 so others can post. As you can see, these were the people that build America for what it is today. I believe that Liberals have some of the greatest president in American history. They were the backbone for a stronger America.

note: I'm not putting it in order of Liberal best Presidents. I just list them randomly.
"A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future."
Leonard Bernstein
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:19:26 AM
Well if you're not here to criticize and talk about Conservative being the best political philosophy and actually here to talk about Liberal things that you're most well. ;) but this forum was actually met for Liberals only. but i guess i'll let you post.
Leonard Bernstein
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:24:44 AM
At 3/30/2013 11:17:37 AM, hilton16 wrote:

1. George Washington) The Father of Our Country was a liberal, as were most of the founding fathers. Washington became the first President to serve under the newly formed Constitution that gave more powers to the federal government. And contrary to what most conservatives believe of Washington today, he did not support war.

2. John Adams) Adams, like Washington, also did not care for war. Adams signed into law the first health care mandate in American history. This health insurance was for sailors and it allowed them to get care provided by the federal government paid for through a tax.

3. John F. Kennedy) JFK inspired the race to the moon, negotiated the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty, and created the Peace Corps. Legislation passed by Congress during the Kennedy administration included an expansion of unemployment benefits, aid was provided to cities to improve housing and transportation, funds were allocated to continue the construction of a national highway system started under Eisenhower, a water pollution control act was passed to protect the country"s rivers and streams, soil conservation, and an agricultural act to raise farmers" incomes was made law. A significant amount of anti-poverty legislation was passed by Congress, including increases in social security benefits and in the minimum wage, several housing bills, and aid to economically distressed areas.

4. Thomas Jefferson) Jefferson believed in separation of church and state and purchased the Louisiana Territory even though the Constitution says nothing about buying land. He was also a big proponent of a free press. He believed in human rights and he did not try to repeal the mandatory health insurance mandate instituted by John Adams. Jefferson was also a big cheerleader for France and believed corporations should be restricted from having too much power. Jefferson also supported a system of national infrastructure, and approved funding of the National Road.

5. Abraham Lincoln) Lincoln, like most Republicans of his era, was a liberal. He was the first President to pass an income tax into law. He ended slavery. And he saved the Union from being destroyed by Civil War. He also signed the Homestead Act in 1862, making millions of acres of government-held land in the West available for purchase at very low cost. The Morrill Land-Grant Colleges Act, also signed in 1862, provided government grants for agricultural colleges in each state. The Pacific Railway Acts of 1862 and 1864 granted federal support for the construction of the United States" First Transcontinental Railroad, which was completed in 1869. He also modernized America"s economic, communications, and financial infrastructure.

6. Theodore Roosevelt) Theodore Roosevelt is considered the greatest progressive in American history. He supported the Meat Inspection Act, worker"s rights, breaking up corporate monopolies to spur competition and lower prices, and later on he was an advocate for national health care. In the social sphere his New Nationalism platform of 1912 called for a National Health Service to include all existing government medical agencies, social insurance, to provide for the elderly, the unemployed, and the disabled, limited injunctions in strikes, minimum wage law for women, an eight hour workday, a federal securities commission, farm relief, workers" compensation for work-related injuries, an inheritance tax, and a Constitutional amendment to allow a Federal income tax. The political reforms proposed included women"s suffrage, direct election of Senators, and primary elections for state and federal nominations.

I'll only list 6 so others can post. As you can see, these were the people that build America for what it is today. I believe that Liberals have some of the greatest president in American history. They were the backbone for a stronger America.

note: I'm not putting it in order of Liberal best Presidents. I just list them randomly.

Congrats on learning that "liberal" is a political mood and not an ideology. Liberals can appear in any country at any time as long as they're changing things. These changes, however, does not mean your liberal ideology is correct.

For example, someone who wants to change say Sweden into a more economically free state would be considered a liberal there because they want to change to something different. Liberal is an attitude determining the direction and speed of change you want, not something associated with a Right-Left political spread...
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:32:09 AM
I'm talking about Liberal (democrat) in America. The matter of fact is that Liberal is the best ideology/philosophy/ beliefs/political party. unlike the conservatives. I don't support all of Liberal ideology, philosophy, beliefs, or political party. but as it comes to show its much better than the conservatives and the other parties.
Leonard Bernstein
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:33:37 AM
At 3/30/2013 11:29:51 AM, AStevenson wrote:
Yeah liberals rock, conservatives are no good racist bastards.

-yeah, Liberals, now and in the near future. these conservatives are no good.
Leonard Bernstein
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:34:16 AM

Your narrow minded, bigoted view of conservatives is startling and insulting. I really don't understand why conservatives are viewed as racist. I am probably one of the least racist people alive.
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:34:19 AM
At 3/30/2013 11:24:44 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 3/30/2013 11:17:37 AM, hilton16 wrote:

Congrats on learning that "liberal" is a political mood and not an ideology. Liberals can appear in any country at any time as long as they're changing things. These changes, however, does not mean your liberal ideology is correct.

For example, someone who wants to change say Sweden into a more economically free state would be considered a liberal there because they want to change to something different. Liberal is an attitude determining the direction and speed of change you want, not something associated with a Right-Left political spread...

I'm talking about Liberal (democrat) in America. The matter of fact is that Liberal is the best ideology/philosophy/ beliefs/political party. unlike the conservatives. I don't support all of Liberal ideology, philosophy, beliefs, or political party. but as it comes to show its much better than the conservatives and the other parties.
Leonard Bernstein
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:37:39 AM
At 3/30/2013 11:34:16 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Your narrow minded, bigoted view of conservatives is startling and insulting. I really don't understand why conservatives are viewed as racist. I am probably one of the least racist people alive.

I don't view conservatives as racist. but another philosophic/ideologically/party. i'll make sure no insults against conservatives. As they are still human being
Leonard Bernstein
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:40:44 AM
At 3/30/2013 11:37:39 AM, hilton16 wrote:

I don't view conservatives as racist. but another philosophic/ideologically/party. i'll make sure no insults against conservatives. As they are still human being

Thank you. Debating ideals is one thing and perfectly acceptable but throwing around insults based on beliefs is quite sad.
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 11:59:41 AM
At 3/30/2013 11:40:44 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Thank you. Debating ideals is one thing and perfectly acceptable but throwing around insults based on beliefs is quite sad.
You welcome. Yeah throwing around insults based on beliefs is quite sad. And if you want to debate about Liberal and conservatives, i look very well to it.
Leonard Bernstein
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 12:08:26 PM
At 3/30/2013 11:59:41 AM, hilton16 wrote:
At 3/30/2013 11:40:44 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

You welcome. Yeah throwing around insults based on beliefs is quite sad. And if you want to debate about Liberal and conservatives, i look very well to it.

I might do that, next week though, after Easter.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 12:35:38 PM
*crosses fingers* please Woodrow Wilson was a good liberal leader... please
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 1:50:37 PM
At 3/30/2013 12:35:38 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

He actually was a good Liberal leader...

Woodrow Wilson) Under Wilson"s New Freedom, voting rights were extended to women, anti-trust legislation was created to outline what businesses could not do, the Federal Reserve was created to regulate the banking system and the beginnings of the 8 hour work day, pensions, housing, and child labor laws were pushed. Wilson also believed in international cooperation and created the League of Nations, thus inspiring the United Nations.
Leonard Bernstein
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 2:29:33 PM
At 3/30/2013 1:50:37 PM, hilton16 wrote:

Woodrow Wilson) Under Wilson"s New Freedom, voting rights were extended to women, anti-trust legislation was created to outline what businesses could not do, the Federal Reserve was created to regulate the banking system and the beginnings of the 8 hour work day, pensions, housing, and child labor laws were pushed. Wilson also believed in international cooperation and created the League of Nations, thus inspiring the United Nations.

Wilson was a power-hungry fascist who used WWI as a social engineering act to organize society the way that he saw fit. He openly admired the Bolshevik "experiment," wanted America to follow in Bismarck's path (socialism), and had nothing but praise for Mussolini, who had vastly the same social and economic policies as Wilson. Wilson also passed the Espionage and Sedition Acts, which were the largest breaches of civil liberties in the history of America, since it banned any sort of speech that was anti- government or anti- war. People were even legally allowed to kill individuals who said anything that was anti-government.

Also, he viewed the State as an "organic" and "Darwinian" natural force that justified State expansion into any area that the "collective" might see fit. He openly admired William James- similarly to Mussolini and virtually any fascist leader anywhere- and all of the leading progressive "intellectuals" at that time were highly in favour of America following in the path of the Bolsheviks. Furthermore, Herbert Croly, who was a pinnacle figure in Wilson's ideology, openly condemned individualism in favour of collectivism and called for a Messianic-like dictator with a "flaming sword" to rule America.

So yes, he did do all of those things that you said, similarly to Mussolini (notice the stark resemblance between the two), but they were all a result of his collectivist and authoritarian ideology. I'm sure you wouldn't say that Mussolini was a good leader because he advocated woman's suffrage, right? Wilson was essentially the American equivalent of a National Socialist.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 2:30:02 PM
Also, the League of Nations was a joke.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 2:33:07 PM
I'm pretty sure this guy is a troll. He has quotes of Adolf Hitler on his profile.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:21:19 PM
At 3/30/2013 2:33:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I'm pretty sure this guy is a troll. He has quotes of Adolf Hitler on his profile.

I was thinking the same thing. Probably a WSA multi or someone on this sites multi.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:25:54 PM
Am I not invited? I'm a CLASSIC liberal.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:33:34 PM
At 3/30/2013 3:25:54 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Go away heretic.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:34:45 PM
At 3/30/2013 3:33:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Go away heretic.

<3 ya, Obey!

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:37:13 PM
At 3/30/2013 3:34:45 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Go away heretic.

<3 ya, Obey!

Knowing that your bi......that makes this awkward. Or awesome. Whichever you prefer.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2013 3:49:52 PM
At 3/30/2013 3:37:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/30/2013 3:34:45 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Go away heretic.

<3 ya, Obey!

Knowing that your bi......that makes this awkward. Or awesome. Whichever you prefer.

/

You should feel awesome. I love everyone on here. Except for the liberals. ;)

I kid, I kid. I wuv them too.

hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 2:56:39 PM
At 3/30/2013 2:33:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Just because i have quotes of Adolf Hitler makes me a troll? you have quotes on ur profile right? why you got those quote? isn't it because you like it or believe in it? I like the quote that's why i put it there. there's nothing wrong with it. So go ahead and go me a troll.
Leonard Bernstein
hilton16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 3:19:16 PM
At 3/30/2013 2:29:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Wilson was a power-hungry fascist who used WWI as a social engineering act to organize society the way that he saw fit. He openly admired the Bolshevik "experiment," wanted America to follow in Bismarck's path (socialism), and had nothing but praise for Mussolini, who had vastly the same social and economic policies as Wilson. Wilson also passed the Espionage and Sedition Acts, which were the largest breaches of civil liberties in the history of America, since it banned any sort of speech that was anti- government or anti- war. People were even legally allowed to kill individuals who said anything that was anti-government.

Also, he viewed the State as an "organic" and "Darwinian" natural force that justified State expansion into any area that the "collective" might see fit. He openly admired William James- similarly to Mussolini and virtually any fascist leader anywhere- and all of the leading progressive "intellectuals" at that time were highly in favour of America following in the path of the Bolsheviks. Furthermore, Herbert Croly, who was a pinnacle figure in Wilson's ideology, openly condemned individualism in favour of collectivism and called for a Messianic-like dictator with a "flaming sword" to rule America.

So yes, he did do all of those things that you said, similarly to Mussolini (notice the stark resemblance between the two), but they were all a result of his collectivist and authoritarian ideology. I'm sure you wouldn't say that Mussolini was a good leader because he advocated woman's suffrage, right? Wilson was essentially the American equivalent of a National Socialist.

You constructively criticize Wilson. Without pointing out some of the great things in did. plus you say the League of Nations is a joke but it what the led to the United Nation today that been cooperating and help nation. Let me restate again what Wilson did 'cause i don't think you read it and understand it well. read it and look at it well to understand.

Leonard Bernstein
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2013 4:34:43 PM
At 3/31/2013 3:19:16 PM, hilton16 wrote:
At 3/30/2013 2:29:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

You constructively criticize Wilson. Without pointing out some of the great things in did. plus you say the League of Nations is a joke but it what the led to the United Nation today that been cooperating and help nation. Let me restate again what Wilson did 'cause i don't think you read it and understand it well. read it and look at it well to understand.

Copy pasting is a great argument in 5th grade. When I already addressed your points, it makes it seem as if you are in the 5th grade.